Just curious, is there a reason for having SlaveTats as a dependency for the abuse textures system, as opposed to just creating new magic effects that use the textures as a shader?

What's the point in reinventing the wheel?

From what I can see in the code, integrating with SlaveTats took way more effort than just creating a handful of shader effects with the textures and using those, so I'm reasonably sure there's a good reason it was done this way. I'm just interested in knowing why.

How do I find out what name to put into the unique animations text file? Is it the name of the animation .hkx file? 

You need to use the animation's "Registrar" name.

For example, from the Non-SexLab animation mod: "3J Anal", the Registrar name is actually "zjAnal".

What animation are you trying?

Here's a list of the Non-SexLab Animation items:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28360-apropos-feature-request-and-descriptions-submission/?p=1034214

The registrar name is in parentheses.

Thank your gooser thats just what I need. For future animations etc is there a certain way to find out what the animations registar name is?

Remember to post your contributions in that linked thread!

Whatever happened to all the people supposedly writing a MaleActor db?

I'm still plugging away at mine on and off. I find it quite difficult to sit there and write a ton. I'm planning on having Unique descriptions of all Leito animations by the end of the day hopefully.

I am getting the following error in the apropos log:

[01/04/2015 - 01:50:44PM] Could not find or read file 'Data/Apropos/db/femaleActor_Horse/femaleActor_Horse_Anal.txt'

the new  db has replaced the first stage .txt "femaleActor_Horse_Anal"  with "FemaleActor_Horse_Anal_Stage1.txt", should I rename it back to "femaleActor_Horse_Anal"

Just curious, is there a reason for having SlaveTats as a dependency for the abuse textures system, as opposed to just creating new magic effects that use the textures as a shader?

What's the point in reinventing the wheel?

From what I can see in the code, integrating with SlaveTats took way more effort than just creating a handful of shader effects with the textures and using those, so I'm reasonably sure there's a good reason it was done this way. I'm just interested in knowing why.

The Slavetats integration was rather easy after Murfk explained the correct usage.

Here are my reasons for using Slavetats:

1. I hate CreationKit. Creating the effects in CK would have provided a rigid static definition. Everytime I go into CreationKIt I small animal somewhere dies.

2. I wanted a way to apply any arbitrary textures dynamically through Papyrus code.

3. I didn't want to stomp on people who actually were already using Slavetats for other tat packs.

4. Slavetats seemed reasonably popular, under active development, and easy to work with.

5. I had considered just taking the relevant bits from Slavetats code, but then I realized requiring Slavetats provided a way for me and users to independently assert that tats were working, by the fact that you can apply tats using the Slavetats MCM menu at any time.

Will the next version have foreplay support?

Please subscribe to the other Apropos thread - as it pertains to ongoing development of the mod, feature requests, and db development.

Specifically to answer your question:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28360-apropos-feature-request-and-descriptions-submission/?p=709705

Essentially Decauk proposed renaming some files and enable Stage 1 messages in MCM.

[01/04/2015 - 01:50:44PM] Could not find or read file 'Data/Apropos/db/femaleActor_Horse/femaleActor_Horse_Anal.txt'

the new  db has replaced the first stage .txt "femaleActor_Horse_Anal"  with "FemaleActor_Horse_Anal_Stage1.txt", should I rename it back to "femaleActor_Horse_Anal"

Right now, you should either have one or the other, not both.

Renaming all the starting files as Stage1 was to fix a problem with SexLab's Pre-sex Foreplay option technically not having a starting stage for the second act, instead having a second Stage1.

You can happily ignore that message in the Apropos log if you like, the file missing is intentional at this stage.

Renaming all the starting files as Stage1 was to fix a problem with SexLab's Pre-sex Foreplay option technically not having a starting stage for the second act, instead having a second Stage1.

You can happily ignore that message in the Apropos log if you like, the file missing is intentional at this stage.

okay the reason I wondered is because the stage1 messages are not playing, I do not have any files with the old filename format. will look for other issues

okay the reason I wondered is because the stage1 messages are not playing, I do not have any files with the old filename format. will look for other issues

Did you enable Stage 1 in MCM ?

Did you enable Stage 1 in MCM ?

yes, I did, and refreshed the database.

<EDIT> fixed with uninstall an clean save and reinstall

I need some help with NPC Wear and tear. Sometimes when it says reducing a followers wear and tear nothing happens. 

I have a follower with Vaginal 6, Anal 4 and oral 1 wear and tear. My settings are degrade factor of 1 and time between degrades at 6 hours.

If you have Debug level turned on in MCM, you will see those diagnostic messages. That just indicates when the algorithm is running. Not always will it reduce to a new level that you can observe in MCM. There are two values associated with each body part basically. One is the damage cumulative 'value' and one is the current level. The levels are what you see in MCM. They are also used to drive the immersive descriptions when the levels change. When the diagnostic message is seen (because you have Debug turned on) it may have only reduced the raw value and not the level. 

For instance, a PC or NPC might have:

Vaginal, raw value = 800, Level = 9   OR

Anal, raw value = 130, Level 5, etc.

A range of values maps to levels, e.g.

Raw amount >= 86 && amount < 129 equals level 4.

hth

I dunno ... I have loaded a mod call Horses Gone Wild (nexus) that adds wild horses to various areas across Skyrim. They are aggressive and will attack upon getting within their threshold. 

I just checked the differences between:

FemaleActor_Horse_Vaginal.txt 

and

FemaleActor_Horse_Vaginal_Rape.txt

And I to me the tone is somewhat similar. Both mention pain, for instance. 

Now that I check the txt files, it was playing a line from femaleactor_horse_anal_rape, "Beaten and bruised, {Primary} submits, raising her {ASS} and giving the {ACTIVE} what it wants." despite the fact that it should have been considered a consentual scene. I have Sexlab set to preserve scene aggressiveness, and SLAC to treat crouching as an invite.

Maybe the horse got so aroused so quickly that it instead reached to the 'nonconsentual' arousal level, and triggered sexlab as a noncon scene (despite the fact that it seemed to be playing a consentual animation?)

Also I have an unrelated issue, I did an animation with a gargoyle yesterday and it was playing vaginal sex descriptions, when the scene was clearly anal...

I dunno ... I have loaded a mod call Horses Gone Wild (nexus) that adds wild horses to various areas across Skyrim. They are aggressive and will attack upon getting within their threshold. 

I just checked the differences between:

FemaleActor_Horse_Vaginal.txt 

and

FemaleActor_Horse_Vaginal_Rape.txt

And I to me the tone is somewhat similar. Both mention pain, for instance. 

Now that I check the txt files, it was playing a line from femaleactor_horse_anal_rape, "Beaten and bruised, {Primary} submits, raising her {ASS} and giving the {ACTIVE} what it wants." despite the fact that it should have been considered a consentual scene. I have Sexlab set to preserve scene aggressiveness, and SLAC to treat crouching as an invite.

Maybe the horse got so aroused so quickly that it instead reached to the 'nonconsentual' arousal level, and triggered sexlab as a noncon scene (despite the fact that it seemed to be playing a consentual animation?)

Also I have an unrelated issue, I did an animation with a gargoyle yesterday and it was playing vaginal sex descriptions, when the scene was clearly anal...

To investigate further you will need to enable Apropos Debug level logging in MCM.

Then you will see all the nitty gritty details about each stage of each animation. For example:

[01/02/2015 - 11:05:08PM] ---- AnimationStart ----
[01/02/2015 - 11:05:08PM] Actors >>
[01/02/2015 - 11:05:08PM] 1 Giant
[01/02/2015 - 11:05:08PM]     [0]: Yesima, female (Victim)
[01/02/2015 - 11:05:08PM]     [1]: Lurker Retaliator, Creature 
[01/02/2015 - 11:05:08PM] Animation: '(Lurker) Penetration' ('LurkerPenetration') (gone,Creature,Bestiality,Dirty,Holding,Rough,Vaginal,FC,Lurker)

Apropos here is show that the actor Yesima is the victim. The Victim flag was set by SexLab Defeat. I'm not sure how SLAC sets up the animation, but if you look the log (Apropos0.log) file it should tell you.

As far as Vaginal vs Anal scenes? Who can tell for sure? It could be alignment of the penis? I have found that Vaginal vs Anal is rather fuzzy and you have to use your imagination and play with the alignments during the animation.

Now, we have taken steps in Apropos to override what the animation says the body part is, in the Animation patchups script. Primarily to provide variety in the descriptions.

As far as Vaginal vs Anal scenes? Who can tell for sure? It could be alignment of the penis? I have found that Vaginal vs Anal is rather fuzzy and you have to use your imagination and play with the alignments during the animation.

Now, we have taken steps in Apropos to override what the animation says the body part is, in the Animation patchups script. Primarily to provide variety in the descriptions.

I'll look into it in the future maybe, right now I'm busy rewriting many, many lines of text. Many of these descriptions are quite bland and there could be so much more variation..

As far as vaginal vs anal, it usually isn't too hard to tell. First of all Sexlab says in the console what kind of scene is playing (creature)(oral/vaginal/anal)(rape/consentual) and second... even if that was inaccurate, it's usually pretty easy to tell which hole is being boinked, once you have both actors aligned properly (i.e. one isn't partially sunk into the ground or clipping into the other actor). :P Hence, in that one gargoyle animation, penis was clearly supposed to be going into butt, yet vaginal apropos messages.

Welp... IDK what's going on.

I have set SLAC to the absolute most consentual settings possible: PC Engagements ON. Creature Arousal Threshold: 25. PC Arousal Threshold: 60. Required Arousal: Both. Consent: Consensual (his word, not mine). Only when naked: ON. Crouch Effect: No effect.

I tried several different animals, some of which were spawned with Hentai Creatures. I use Sexlab Aroused to set their sexuality to females and their exposure to like 30, and my own arousal to 100. Instant horny.  And because I'm naked and have the invite feature turned off (just to make sure it wasn't getting in the way), the animation starts in short order, as soon as the scan time is up.

So let's recap: Creature and PC meet required arousal. Consent is set to Consensual, so no matter what, the animations SLAC requests of Sexlab should be considered consentual. And the crouch effect is turned off so it shouldn't be fucking anything up.

Doesn't matter. All I'm ever getting now is non-con scenes with creatures. Sex with npcs/followers works normal.. Here's what the console says:

Playing Animation: (Horse) Doggystyle2

---- AnimationStart ----

Actors >>

1 Horse

[0]:La'Vajhira, female (Victim)

[1]: Hentai Horse, Creature

Animation: '(Horse) Doggystyle2' ('HorseDoggystyle2') (Panicforever, Creature, Bestiality, Dirty, Doggystyle, Horse, Anal, FC)

---- StageStart ---- Stage: 1

Beaten and Bruised, La'Vajhira submits, raising her ass and giving the Hentai Horse what it wants.

I'll look into it in the future maybe, right now I'm busy rewriting many, many lines of text. Many of these descriptions are quite bland and there could be so much more variation..

As far as vaginal vs anal, it usually isn't too hard to tell. First of all Sexlab says in the console what kind of scene is playing (creature)(oral/vaginal/anal)(rape/consentual) and second... even if that was inaccurate, it's usually pretty easy to tell which hole is being boinked, once you have both actors aligned properly (i.e. one isn't partially sunk into the ground or clipping into the other actor). :P Hence, in that one gargoyle animation, penis was clearly supposed to be going into butt, yet vaginal apropos messages.

Using UNP Bodies?

I use CBBE.

Which Gargoyle animation? DoggyStyle? I just checked and Apropos does not change any tags on Troll animations. Both TrollDominate and TrollDoggyStyle are setup as Anal animations.

Welp... IDK what's going on.

I have set SLAC to the absolute most consentual settings possible: PC Engagements ON. Creature Arousal Threshold: 25. PC Arousal Threshold: 60. Required Arousal: Both. Consent: Consensual (his word, not mine). Only when naked: ON. Crouch Effect: No effect.

I tried several different animals, some of which were spawned with Hentai Creatures. I use Sexlab Aroused to set their sexuality to females and their exposure to like 30, and my own arousal to 100. Instant horny.  And because I'm naked and have the invite feature turned off (just to make sure it wasn't getting in the way), the animation starts in short order, as soon as the scan time is up.

So let's recap: Creature and PC meet required arousal. Consent is set to Consensual, so no matter what, the animations SLAC requests of Sexlab should be considered consentual. And the crouch effect is turned off so it shouldn't be fucking anything up.

Doesn't matter. All I'm ever getting now is non-con scenes with creatures. Sex with npcs/followers works normal.. Here's what the console says:

Playing Animation: (Horse) Doggystyle2

---- AnimationStart ----

Actors >>

1 Horse

[0]:La'Vajhira, female (Victim)

[1]: Hentai Horse, Creature

Animation: '(Horse) Doggystyle2' ('HorseDoggystyle2') (Panicforever, Creature, Bestiality, Dirty, Doggystyle, Horse, Anal, FC)

---- StageStart ---- Stage: 1

Beaten and Bruised, La'Vajhira submits, raising her ass and giving the Hentai Horse what it wants.

Yep, for whatever reason, SLAC has setup the animation with a victim.

heya i have a short question.. or 2.

1. i use apropos with skintextures... in MCM it looks correctly. apropos says abused textures found slavetats. Slavetats have the texutre entry, but there is problem number 1:

when i manualy add aftereffects to a PC/NPC body, nothing shows up..

2. when PC had sex with a creature it should show those textures, right? again nothing shows up.. 

so my 2 main questions are

do i have to add aftereffects to a body to be able to see the textures with apropos event ?

and if not , i think i maybe DL a wrong/bad skintexture, could that be ?

had someone else the same problem ??

1. i use apropos with skintextures... in MCM it looks correctly. apropos says abused textures found slavetats. Slavetats have the texutres, but there is problem number 1:

2. when PC had sex with a creature it should show those textures, right? again nothing shows up.. 

do i have to add aftereffects to a body to be able to see the textures with apropos event ?

Have you installed the textures correctly? 

Data\Textures\actors\character\slavetats

1. i use apropos with skintextures... in MCM it looks correctly. apropos says abused textures found slavetats. Slavetats have the texutres, but there is problem number 1:

If you cannot add the textures manually though the Slavetats MCM panel, then your problem does not lie in Apropos whatsoever. In fact, the Slavetats MCM panel is great test, and independent of Apropos, and if you cannot get it to work then you need to take up an issue with the Slavetats support thread.

All Apropos does is use the Slavetats-API to apply the same textures dynamically in the game.

Thanks for such a quick reply ! 

so it isnt a problem with apropos (how i thought)..

maybe i messdup something with the skintextures, have to check and test that.

OH AND ONE MORE THING !

all those "tattoo textures" from Racemenu and slavetats are limited to a certain amount of tattooslots for a body.. guess it was 5 or 6.

Does Apropos automaticly add Aftereffects to one of these slots ? and could it be that, when all slots are occupied it cant add these Aftereffects ??

Thanks for such a quick reply ! 

so it isnt a problem with apropos (how i thought)..

maybe i messdup something with the skintextures, have to check and test that.

Yes, the skintextures is nothing more than a Slavetats "pack". I've included it in the Apropos download page because....

1. To make it convenient to Apropos users to find.

2. It was compressed by another user using a Nexusmod tool

So the download on Apropos is a valid ST pack and you should be able to download it, install it, along with Slavetats, and apply them manually using Slavetats MCM...

Have you tried other tat packs?

There's tons to try:

http://www.loverslab.com/files/download/619-slavetats/

Hey was wondering if the issue with the latest version tracking not working. I used one of the older versions before but since then I have gotten a new computer and got the mods back. I got the new version of this and my papyrus util is the latest version too but it doesn't track my character or NPCs. I tried moving it to the bottom of my list but that didn't work either and even though I have it setup for debug and trace log it doesn't create a log file. I'd much like help with this because I rather enjoyed this mod when I had it working.