[WIP] Devious Captures (Sexlab Defeat addon)

Princessity

I've always wondered about how workable it would be to arrange your own rescue from the outside, in example by writing a letter and getting it sent to your potential rescuer.

Steps could be:

1) Befriend an ally of your owner, gender and race may give a bonus to how easily you gain favours with them.

2) Persuade them to get you paper, a quill and an inkwell.

3) Convince them to smuggle the letter out to a group you're allied with.

Then.

4a) The letter is sent successfully, either an allied group who you have previously done quests for (companions, thieves guild, dark brotherhood, Lydia with some Whiterun guards, etc) will come to rescue you, or a ransom is paid by an ally.

4b) The befriended captor is caught and the letter never makes it to its destination.

Resulting in:

5a) You wake up next time, hearing fighting nearby. Aela and friends, Cicero and some rookies, Delvin and the guild or whoever cut through your captors and carry you to their home. (Jorrvaskr, Sanctuary, Ragged Flagon, Breezehome, etc). Alternately if a ransom is paid, you're given a final beating or abuse, before being randomly dropped in the wild somewhat away from your former prison.

5b) The befriended captor lies dead at your feet when you wake up, your owner gives you a beating or puts you through hours of abuse and removes all of your privilages. You start all over again.

An interesting mechanic could be that being held captive for too long makes you end up with an increasing number of negative effects which make it very difficult to escape without being struck down. You would have to rely on the help of others, if you wait too long and grow weak.

It's just an idea.

It's a pretty idea and I'd love to see it happen but awwwww this mod is too ssmall to fit it ^^ I intentionally do the blackout and fast forward thingy so I don't have to mess with things like that. They are complicated to make, easy to break and very risky because skyrim's engine can be so whimsical. And after like 5 times playing through hours of being restricted to a small radius around a single NPC gets sooooooooo old. I think it's better if I leave complex imprisonment to mods that are specifically about it: this mod isn't about slavery but about the aftermath and is designed to let the player get back to running around the world and killing thingies as soon as possible.

It's a pretty idea and I'd love to see it happen but awwwww this mod is too ssmall to fit it ^^ I intentionally do the blackout and fast forward thingy so I don't have to mess with things like that. They are complicated to make, easy to break and very risky because skyrim's engine can be so whimsical. And after like 5 times playing through hours of being restricted to a small radius around a single NPC gets sooooooooo old. I think it's better if I leave complex imprisonment to mods that are specifically about it: this mod isn't about slavery but about the aftermath and is designed to let the player get back to running around the world and killing thingies as soon as possible.

True, good point. Well I'm looking forward to your mod, It sounds like it will clear up some current conflicts the multiple mods have together.

So the promised beta is going to be delayed at least another day because it looks like I can't force myself to finish the MCM menu in one go. I did half of it today and got so bored I gave up so I'll finish it tomorrow. I love using MCM menus but scripting them is total drudgery

So the promised beta is going to be delayed at least another day because it looks like I can't force myself to finish the MCM menu in one go. I did half of it today and got so bored I gave up so I'll finish it tomorrow. I love using MCM menus but scripting them is total drudgery

damn you laziness! 

:P

I total agree on the drudgery - wish there was a way to do MCM menus declaratively!

I do hope it's okay popping in with a 'bug report'.. 'specially seeing as it's my first post and I'm not the best at this kind of thing >.>

Anyway, hi!  And.. I'm really glad of your making this.  However I think I've stumbled on a conflict.  I was using SM Essential Player ( www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16311/? ) actually in the hopes of being better able to test your mod (for some reason Defeat has been awfully picky lately.. and while SMEP did allow me to trigger the scenes and not die repeatedly and all, I think its 'reviving' my character with however much health is conflicting with your mod.

That is, once the scene's done, the enemy will go back into aggressive mode - and then promptly exit aggressive mode.  My health and stamina are fully restored but no area transfer takes place nor does the enemy become aggressive again unless I whack them with something.

Sadly I haven't been able to test your mod without SMEP on account of how weirdly difficult it's proving getting Defeat to trigger instead of just getting killed >.>

EDIT: Whelp, judicious application of TIM has at least proven the mod itself is working when SM Essential Player isn't installed.

• 2 weeks later...

MCM Menu not working, loads but shows no options.

I'm sorry it probably means there is something wrong with your savegame. Starting a new game will probably work correctly.

I actually had this problem few times. It only seems to affect DD for the Masses II and this mod. Problem has occurred right from the first automatic save (Save 1) in LAL prison. I would have ruled it as some bug, but so far it has only affected to these two mods and none other.

Perhaps there is something that both mods are using and it reacts like this under certain conditions? Anyway, the problem isn't permanent, but player will have to create a new character.

I have a habit of just hitting "R" and customize the character appearance after I have made sure that all items in MCM are loading properly.

The one thing I do think would still benefit this mod without making it grow outside of its purpose is a narrative pop-up in case you get one or more devices placed on you. Here are three examples:

No devices were placed:

box1.png

A single device has been placed:

box2.png

Several devices have been placed, separated by a dash:

( blindfold, gag mask, padded chastity belt, plugs, bindings )

box3.png

It makes the difference between "oops is that a cuff I see" and "by the gods, is this happening to me?".

If you like you can split up the narrative into multiple messages and tell me if you want them randomly matched or sequenced in some order or stuffs. I think I can script any form you come up with so you can go wild! n_n

Like reasonably wild. Trained monkey kind of wild. So go less bananas and more banana milkshake! Yummy!

I'd like to see a video before downloading this.

A video? What'd keep you from trying and uninstalling if it disappoints? It takes more time for someone to cut and publish a video than for the user to download and try. You probably didn't mean it this way, but asking for instant gratification instead of putting a small effort into downloading and setting up a mod for 10 minutes is a little rude. I'd concur if it was a huge mod with hours of content to explore, which may disappoint after investing a day or two in trying it, like Falskaar: you like it or you don't depending on what you think of the many leveled forests and lack of radiant events vs. solid storyline and thought through dungeons. But this mod is specifically made to be bare minimal doing exactly what it promises: it only does the one thing it says.

It's up to Ms. Leeches or a volunteer ofcourse, but if us modmakers would make videos each time the features are changed or added, many of us would have no time left of what little precious time we still have to make mods. Besides sometimes the mods you expect the least to fun, are in fact the most fun when you try them. :)

tl;dr : Don't be lazy, click download, try it and choose if you like it, it's a tiny mod. As dr. Leonard McCoy would say. "We're modmakers, not butlers, dang'it." ;)

i'd love to make videos buuuuut I'm playing on a laptop and insisting on having high quality textures and effects so my framerate is a 20 to 40 rollercoaster all the time and trying to run fraps recorder turns it into a slideshow ^^ Also I'm the person who always sticks her finger into the camera's lens and cuts off people's heads so you *don't* want me making videos or photographing your wedding!

And like Ember said I'm the drone not the advertising department, which kinda is not what Ember said at all but huuuuush, words are hard

i'd love to make videos buuuuut I'm playing on a laptop and insisting on having high quality textures and effects so my framerate is a 20 to 40 rollercoaster all the time and trying to run fraps recorder turns it into a slideshow ^^ Also I'm the person who always sticks her finger into the camera's lens and cuts off people's heads so you *don't* want me making videos or photographing your wedding!

And like Ember said I'm the drone not the advertising department, which kinda is not what Ember said at all but huuuuush, words are hard

But huuuuush is not a word. :(

Archived