[WIP] Devious Captures (Sexlab Defeat addon)

Princessity

Hai thar LL! I'm kinda back, did you miss me? ^^ A few days ago a friend got access to ESO beta aaaaaand I'm kinda disappointed with it. It didn't convince me to play it... but it did make me want to play Skyrim again! So that's what I'm doing right now. I have been updating my mods and discovering all the new thingies that came out while I was gone.

Pshh... kids nowadays... Devious Devices? Functional Sexlab plugins? Lots of new SKSE functions? Back in my days we had to write scripts uphill in the snow... BOTH WAYS!!!

I wasn't going to come back to modding so soon but I tested with the new mods a little and I love them but I started feeling like something is missing... Yesterday I was running around on my testing character and playing with Devious Devices, Defeat and SD+ and they all work like they're supposed to only... everything is kinda disconnected. Defeat's defeat and sanguine's slavery conflict with each other and force you to decide between a stable but simple defeat mod without lasting consequences and a sophisticated but collapsing under its own weight slavery system.

So I decided to do something about it.

Kinda n_n

Nooooo I'm not going to make a compatibility patch for these mods. Instead I was thinking about an uninvasive extension to combat sex that adds the missing "followup" to Defeat and makes use of Devious Devices assets!

Devious Captures

by Miss Leeches

~~WORK IN PROGRESS~~

~~~ So how will it work? ~~~

Devious Captures is a little plugin that is meant to be used with Defeat. Once the final stage of the rape sequence plays out this mod will take over and add a "followup". Instead of just letting the player go free and resuming combat player will be knocked unconscious and there will be a little fade to black...

And then will be teleported to a nearby safe location possibly wearing a few Devious Devices! (If outside it will be clostes map marker or cell edge and if inside ti will move player to the entrance of the current dungeon)

So in a way it adds player capture or slavery or imprisonment without actually making you go through it. Kinda like vanilla prisons work. How your character earned back her or his freedom is left up to your imagination: that's not really important and there are other mods being developed that deal with actually playing out the slavery. The function of this addon is mostly to add Devious Devices to the player after defeat and add lasting obstacles to deal with after rape.

~~~ That sounds so simple! Why haven't I released it yet? ~~~

Sadly I'm having a few technical problems.

The current progress is: I borrowed pieces of code from Lovers Victim (thank you Redneck!) and setup the basic framework: the script recognises when a rape sequence where player was the victim has finished. My next step is making sure it only works when a certain kind of npcs (generic bandits, necromancers and so on unrelated to any special sexlab quests) If you have any ideas for a foolproof list of conditions that ensure this plugin doesn't activate in situations where teleporting or equipping Devious Devices (like gags) would break things I'd love if you could list them!

Buuuut I don't know how to deal with multiple rapes in a row! In the current state the script would run every time a valid rape sequence ends so if 3 bandits take turns violating the player in a single gangrape the script will run 3 times. So I need help! Please could someone tell me if there's any way to let a script detect if player is currently engaged in sex? My idea is to run a singleupdate chain that checks if player is occupied every few seconds and only starts the fade to black after all sex events involving player are done. - DONE! I coudln't find a way to implement it universally so workaround will be dependency on Defeat.

Instead of teleporting to a random location around skyrim I'm thinking of adding an option to simply move player outside the current dungeon instead. I remember in Oblivion there was a mod (I think LAME or Supreme Magicka) that added a spell that did just that. Does anyone know if it's possible to script an effect like that in Skyrim? - DONE!

~~~ Current checklist: ~~~

• Set up the teleport system - DONE
  • Restrict to chosen generic factions - DONE
  • Fix multiple rapes bugs - SCRAPED
  • Tie into Defeat system - DONE
  • Add fadeout and fadein imagespace thingies - DONE
  • Add companion support - DONE
  • Remove player and companions from combat after teleport - DONE
  • Equip Devious Devices - DONE
  • Set up MCM - DONE
  • Clean up events and functions and remove debug messages - DONE
  • Glue it all together and release beta - DONE
  • (After release) Add optional robbery system - SCRAPED
  • (After release) Add optional hogtied and left for dead chance - SCRAPED
  • (Future) Make it compatible with the next version of Defeat - NOT DONE
AVAILABLE NOW: Download me!

There are several Hook functions in SexLab, among them are Hook Victim and Hook Actor which tell you who is currently having sex. I am thinking you may be able to look for if the player is a victim and a bandit or whatever is the other actor then use the Hook Stage (?) to see when it ends. You can probably have yours trigger after that point. I don't know if this  would work as I am just getting to using SexLab commands myself.

Instead of teleporting to a random location around skyrim I'm thinking of adding an option to simply move player outside the current dungeon instead. I remember in Oblivion there was a mod (I think LAME or Supreme Magicka) that added a spell that did just that. Does anyone know if it's possible to script an effect like that in Skyrim?

I know Dealth Alternative - Your Money or Your Life http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/45894/? teleports players around the world, to include just outside of dungeons and such. You might take a look at that (if you haven't already) and see how that was done. It does the whole blackout feature too.

Instead of teleporting to a random location around skyrim I'm thinking of adding an option to simply move player outside the current dungeon instead. I remember in Oblivion there was a mod (I think LAME or Supreme Magicka) that added a spell that did just that. Does anyone know if it's possible to script an effect like that in Skyrim?

I know Dealth Alternative - Your Money or Your Life http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/45894/? teleports players around the world, to include just outside of dungeons and such. You might take a look at that (if you haven't already) and see how that was done. It does the whole blackout feature too.

Oooooh thanksies! I'll need to check it this sounds exactly like what I want.

Update time!

Thanks to Kazyn's suggestion I learned how to move player to the closest map marker, cell edge or dungeon exit! And because it's more reliable than I thought I think I will make it the mod's default behaviour instead of the teleport to random location thingy. So now after being knocked unconscious player will be moved to the nearest safe (ummm... usually safe ^^) location near the place of capture.

if you need help to test it, don't hesitate to throw something on my inbox!
after this, you will do some other works with your arachnophobia mod? that was amazing. :)
Thank you ^^ It's always so helpful to have betatesters.

And nuh to arachnophobia development. That mod was just a very early showcase of ZaZ Animation pack, i was never going to develop it beyond that. But I let Kepper take over the modfor me and I noticed he released a new update recently!

Glad to have been of some use. It ALMOST works with Submit + DD, provided that you tweak the settings in Death Alternative somewhat. Managed to get knocked out, teleported about a mile outside of the fort where the defeat occured, with a few extra additions to accompany me. Strangely enough, the bandit responsible was also teleported to me as well, but she ended up walking back to the fort. It was amusingly immersive as she just leaves you for dead all hog-tied and such.

This was achievable by maximizing damage taken in Death Alternative while in bleedout. However, this does not work when killed by a creature or other enemy that doesn't qualify (per Submit+DD's settings) because Submit then takes over and kills the player.

As irrelevant as this sounds, I am very curious to see how you implement what you have in mind. I've been doing all sorts of testing of various mods myself (both adult and non), starting multiple new saves and what not trying to find that sweet spot for my Skyrim experience.

TL;DR: Here's what I've been using in the mean time as a work around, is it what you're trying to achieve with this mod? If so, sign me up for your beta!

Glad to have been of some use. It ALMOST works with Submit + DD, provided that you tweak the settings in Death Alternative somewhat. Managed to get knocked out, teleported about a mile outside of the fort where the defeat occured, with a few extra additions to accompany me. Strangely enough, the bandit responsible was also teleported to me as well, but she ended up walking back to the fort. It was amusingly immersive as she just leaves you for dead all hog-tied and such.

This was achievable by maximizing damage taken in Death Alternative while in bleedout. However, this does not work when killed by a creature or other enemy that doesn't qualify (per Submit+DD's settings) because Submit then takes over and kills the player.

As irrelevant as this sounds, I am very curious to see how you implement what you have in mind. I've been doing all sorts of testing of various mods myself (both adult and non), starting multiple new saves and what not trying to find that sweet spot for my Skyrim experience.

TL;DR: Here's what I've been using in the mean time as a work around, is it what you're trying to achieve with this mod? If so, sign me up for your beta!

The way I picture it working is like this:

When player is defeated in combat by a generic nameless enemy like bandit or forsworn and so on and raped using Defeat or Submit or any other mod that does that at the end of the sex event there will be a fade to black. While the screen is black player will be moved to the nearest safe location and equipped with a few random Devious Devices

I'm also thinking about 2 optional features that could be toggled on and off. 1: like you said leaving the player restrained for a some short time afterwards and 2: stealing some of player's gold and equipment and putting it at the spot where defeat happened to add extra challenge.

And that's all. This is not like a full standalone mod but instead a small addon that extends the functionality of existing combat rape mods. It's just supposed to add some lasting after rape consequences in form of Devious Devices.

I think I just finished the basic framework of the mod. The script properly recognises the aggressor's faction and once I have MCM menu I will add options to toggle which factions are eligible and also add optional support for Dawnguard and Dragonborn factions.

But I still need to find a way of detecting if there are additional sex events aimed at player queued after the first so the capture event doesn't happen in the middle of gangrape. If it's not possible to detect through sexlab framework i guess I'll have to refer to Defeat and Submit directly but that would reduce the mod's universalness so I hope I'll find a way around it

Hummmm mebe it has somethign to do with threads? But I don't know how to use them yet

Anywyas once this is done it should be functional and ready for betatesting ^^

I realize that this is probably a long way off but when this mod comes close to completion you could add in journals of sorts to give players a story behind what happened in between the time it faded to black and the player woke up in the middle of nowhere. Just a thought, otherwise I think its a good concept, definitely would add to the penalty of losing a fight, so to speak.

Awwww... I don't think makign it universal like I wanted is possible after all. It looks like Sexlab framework doesn't actually have any inbuilt system for queuing multiple sex scenes so that means I can't reliably detect longer rape sequences.

So I guess I'll have to change the idea a little until there is a better way. Because of these developments it won't be a universal extension anymore but instead I'm going to focus on compatibility with Sexlab Defeat. There are a few reasons for that:

• It's what I'm using right now so it's easier for me to test
  • Sexlab Submit already has a similar mod and I think there's enough conflicts and reinventing the wheel among Sexlab addons
  • Unlike Submit Defeat goes straight back to combat after rape and has totally no followup so it needs a mod like this more
  • Developing this for a specific mod instead of trying to be universal will let me control it better and avoid bugs and logical weirdnesses
  • Thanks to this I won't have to worry about capture starting at a wrong moment so I can go wild with extra features and options ^^
If someday there is a way to make a universal mod like this that is reliable and controllable I'll be very very happy ^^ but now I hope focusing on Defeat compatibility will make it at least half as amazing.

I realize that this is probably a long way off but when this mod comes close to completion you could add in journals of sorts to give players a story behind what happened in between the time it faded to black and the player woke up in the middle of nowhere. Just a thought, otherwise I think its a good concept, definitely would add to the penalty of losing a fight, so to speak.

I'm kinda reluctant to force any specific story on player in generic encounters ^^ It doesn't even have to be slavery. Mebe the bandits simply robbed your character and threw her out into the snow naked once they've had their fun? Or the vampires had a little snack and then erased her memory of what happened? Or she managed to sneak out of the forsworn camp just before she could be sacrificed to hagravens? There are so many possibilities and player's imagination will probably be a way better way to tell the story than any prerecorded messages I can come up with ^^

Buuuuut if you'd like to have those messages I think could add it as an option but only if someone else writes them up for me! n_n

Wheee! After I added Defeat dependency solving gangrape problems was easy and everything finally starts and ends when it's supposed to. My next step will be making sure combat doesn't resume too quickly after sex so I can safely teleport player away without your companions acting weird ^^ I'll also have to make sure companions are teleported along with player. I totally forgot about them! xD

Update time!

The mod is very close to first release now! I think setting up MCM and wrapping everything up together will take me another day (awwww scripting MCM is so long and boring!) and after that I will upload the beta. The beta will be compatible with DD 2.6.2 and current version of Integration and it's probably going to stay in beta until DD 2.7.0 comes out. The full version will be released once Integration updates to DD 2.7.0.

Archived