Nvidia GTX 750 ti?

Arcanic_Eye

It is from Newegg. They aren't going to sell crap.

A 700 series card is the newest in the line up.

this card is better than the plain 750 but not the best one of the bunch having only 640 cuda cords and 2gb in memory. However priced decently. Keep in mind some of the older cards that are coming down in price have more power for gaming so unless there are some new features like G-Sync that you are interested in the future you might want to by one of those cards.

All in all nice basic gaming video card. Only requires a 500 wat power supply with 30 amps on the rail. You can likely use this for an upgrade of a store bought computer easy enough. Or any older computer you might have.

So definitely better than my gtx 620 I guess. I'm on a limited budget now so should I go for it if I want to be able to play skyrim enb with good performance and other high end games like AC4 on high?

Or you can wait and save a little more and get a much better graphic card. I did. I saved for about a year and got the gtx670 when it came out. It is generally more powerful than many of the newer cards now. I still can't find any below 200 dollars. I can play anything i have tired to play without problems and I run triple monitors right now. After all the 620 isn't that bad of a card gaming wise.

As far as the ENB mods I would wait until someone more experienced with ENB mods can chime in and tell if the specs are good enough for this. I hear that it really uses vram heavily. Perhaps a graphic card with more vram would be needed to reach the level that you desire.

According to this sites benchmark, that card barely beats my 560ti so seems like odd card but does have 2GB.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+750+Ti&id=2815

Hope that helps

The point of the 750s is low power, that's it. They have (mostly) lower clock speeds, narrower memory bus, less cores -- and as a result, don't require any external power. This makes them slow. :)

According to this sites benchmark, that card barely beats my 560ti so seems like odd card but does have 2GB.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+750+Ti&id=2815

Hope that helps

The point of the 750s is low power, that's it. They have (mostly) lower clock speeds, narrower memory bus, less cores -- and as a result, don't require any external power. This makes them slow. :)

And it also means having to use a smaller screen resolution while playing, like say, 1280x768 or 1366x768.

750 TI is not even close of a high end graphic card, I would not say to avoid it but for roughly the same price you can probably get a better one.

The 750 TI is great if you want to make a low consumtion multimedia PC and will allow you to do moderate gaming, if you want something more serious without ruining yourself here is what I would recommend :

Nvidia GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 

Radeon HD R270X 2GB  GDDR5

Both are around 200$

the new 750ti is a peculiar card. its performance hovers closer to the previous' 650ti boost(note boost is a different SKU than 650ti, comparable to the older 560ti/448). Its peculiar in the fact that its power consumption being the first card using maxwell based technology on a 28nm process decreased power consumption by ~30%, which is pretty outstanding. due to its low power consumption, oddly enough, its extremely viable for mining. It is not the highest end card, but its performance will be similar to what the current gen console PS4 sits at. Its flaw is its extremely small memory bus size, which cripples its performance when max Vram speed/mem bus ratio is needed. Its great for extremely low power consumption gpu and SFF(small form factor) builds(e.g an i3 + h61 itx mobo + itx case + this gpu will run you about 500$ for a standard build(w/o OS))

edit: I should also mention that its incapable of SLI

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150605 quite a deal actually for almost the same amount of power as the 270X

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130932 for the 760

I can't really speak about the US market as prices are a whole other story where I live

A R270X is for me 230$ and a 760 about 260$, of course the 750 TI is only 160$ but the power is about double on these 2 cards making them a choice to take in consideration as they are not twice the price either.

If you want to play Skyrim in full HD with ENB I would not even consider buying a 750TI, I can't say its not an upgrade from a 620 but when it comes to GPU I think it is indeed always better to spend a little bit more to start with than cry in a few month that your rig can't play the latest game you want to play.

We are actually in a good time for GPUs as their power does not double every 6 month like they used to, meaning that a decent GPU will probably last around 2 years in your rig.

its extremely viable for mining.

Unless nvidia significantly changed their architecture they'll never be useful for mining.

K0JDicA.png

the 750ti is almost at r7-265(HD 7850) level in litecoin(scrypt) performance. paired with its lower power consumption, its a more effecient gpu to mine litecoins with, even up to the point that 4 750ti's mining will rival a r9-290x for less of a cost

Radeon HD R270X 2GB  GDDR5

Both are around 200$

Not with all the cryptocurrency mining knobgobblers buying them up.  You'd be lucky to find one under $300

I'll wait until the goddamn craze dies down, then I might get them for cheap.

Guest Mogie56

As to the OP the original question, you have to look at the cuda cores, the lower price is because it only has 600+ cuda cores, the other double priced has over 1100  cuda cores. which means low and slow (so to speak). Low price for an Nvidia card means it's slooooow because most Nvidia cards are way over priced to begin with even for Newegg.

K0JDicA.png

the 750ti is almost at r7-265(HD 7850) level in litecoin(scrypt) performance. paired with its lower power consumption, its a more effecient gpu to mine litecoins with, even up to the point that 4 750ti's mining will rival a r9-290x for less of a cost

That's pretty neat.  Now I'm worried that cryptoshekel miners are gonna buy up everything, though.

I wouldn't worry too much about the altcoins. My personal feeling is they are, mostly, people just trying to cash in on the "free money" mining craze that they missed out on with bitcoin. Bitcoin itself barely has any market penetration, and the rest of them have 'none'. Could be wrong, but I don't think any of them are going anywhere except for bitcoin, and even it is... a big maybe.

disclaimer: My job heavily involves bitcoin crap. I have doubts about my future employment because of it. ;)

Archived