2 new-ish mods in final stages...

mainfct

Hi again LL,

So as I wrote elsewhere, I wanted to go back to smaller projects related to interaction and immersion for sexlab. I have 2 things on my board at the moment and I want some input for the finalizing touches.

1) Spectator crowds reloaded. To me it's absolutely essential to have NPC react to what is going on around them. I rewrote the code in a much more transparent and straightforward manner and it works really well. I simplified the previous version to its bare bones because the main problem is detecting what is going on. Some mods label some scene as non-consensual even though they are consensual, other inflict punishment that might be deserved so taking direct action on these scene (force stop and arrest) is too problematic.

On the other hand, I added a random tip (1-4 gold) at the end of a performance for character who like to play exhibitionist and want some additional reward out of it. 

In any case, the purpose of this plugin is to add all sort of missing interaction and NPC behavior if possible.

2) Sexlab: Wear and Tear. As the name suggest, it's a direct parallel to Sexout: Wear and Tear by Odessa. It implements many of the same concepts: durability of the sex organ, resistance and healing rate. It has 5 stages of wear with increasingly detrimental effects. There are no positive effects here because other mods add positive effects or rewards.

There are a few lore friendly craftable items to influence resistance and healing rates (lubricant, ointment) and I would like to receive some idea on thing that could exist in the Skyrim universe.

Another thing I may consider is adding visual effect associated with the stages of wear (red skin to bleeding). It may only be a matter of identifying good overlay and applying them.

Um, We are finishing up a Wear and Tear feature in SexLab Describe (will be renamed Apropos). We have basic wear and tear tracking for each of Anal, Oral and Vaginal, and the tracking varies by creature, human, rape, and gangbang. We haven't gone beyond tracking the players W&T stats, other than what we need to generate Descriptions (see SexLab Describe) on the describe. For instance, we might describe the players pussy as "virgin", "tight", or "snug", or ... "pliant", "loose", "gaping" all the way to "battered" These adjectives are used to vary descriptions during and the conclusions of sex acts. Our other plans were to create some player effects if a rape or gangbang has just concluded, possibly with variations on how vigorous or brutal it was (passing out, fuzzy screen, stumbling, debuffs).

foxyvixen21 had planned to work on a wear and tear system as well, no idea how far it got so far.

I've been thinking of making a simple wear and tear system myself, one for females and one for males. The female one increases slowly but also heals slowly, while the male one increases quickly but also heals way faster.

edit:

Regarding to your first mod, it would be nice if you could deactivate the standard NPC statements when the PC is in a SexLab animation.

Well... a wear and tear type mod is/was long overdue... I can't say I'm surprised other have decided to make it at last. So far, mine is in a complete working state after an afternoon of coding and playing around in the CK, but there is still improvement to be made on the presentation side (visible effects and variety, that sort of things). If you are farther along the way, I don't see a point for me in polishing the mod further, I'm happy with playing it as is. If you'd like to compare notes, send me a PM.

Um, We are finishing up a Wear and Tear feature in SexLab Describe (will be renamed Apropos). We have basic wear and tear tracking for each of Anal, Oral and Vaginal, and the tracking varies by creature, human, rape, and gangbang. We haven't gone beyond tracking the players W&T stats, other than what we need to generate Descriptions (see SexLab Describe) on the describe. For instance, we might describe the players pussy as "virgin", "tight", or "snug", or ... "pliant", "loose", "gaping" all the way to "battered" These adjectives are used to vary descriptions during and the conclusions of sex acts. Our other plans were to create some player effects if a rape or gangbang has just concluded, possibly with variations on how vigorous or brutal it was (passing out, fuzzy screen, stumbling, debuffs).

So...?  There are a lot of mods here that overlap in the same 'category' of sex and interaction.  Releasing a mod doesn't mean you automatically get a monopoly on that category or feature list.  Unless the OP somehow plagiarized your unreleased code I don't see what the problem is.

Here's a few examples,

- Submit and Defeat both work on combat sex.

- There's Hentai Pregnancy, Beeing Female, and Procreation all working on pregnancy.

- Then we have Hentai Creatures and Enchantress both working on Creature interaction.

- Then we have Aggressive Prostitution and Radiant Prostitution both working on Prostitution.

- Then we have Mind Controls and Pupeteer both working on player-control over NPCs.

Making a mod for a certain category doesn't preclude others from making a mod in that same category.  In fact, users seem to like having choices.

What I meant is that if I agree with their design I wouldn't just add what I planned on adding just to have 2 similar mods in the end. The polishing process is not something I especially enjoy but I do it anyway sometimes (I'm sure it's like that for many modders... the big strokes are the most stimulating but only takes 5% of the time it takes to make the final product). If someone has already gone though all that stuff, I'm just gonna release my personal version "as is". That's what I mean.

So...?  There are a lot of mods here that overlap in the same 'category' of sex and interaction.  Releasing a mod doesn't mean you automatically get a monopoly on that category or feature list.  Unless the OP someone plagiarized your unreleased code I don't see what the problem is.

The difference here is that wear&tear is more of a framework feature while all examples you have listed are more or less stand-alone plugins.

Someone92 - the plans that Foxyvixen stated are complete in the initial stages in our work together.

Are you guys using faction rank to keep track of the severeness of the wear&tear effect?

If so we just need to agree on using the same names/variables, e.g. wear'n'tear_oral, wear'n'tear_anal, wear'n'tear_vaginal, wear'n'tear_phallus.

mainfct's mod could simply read the corresponding faction rank and add bleeding effects. Ointments of mainfct's would simply reduce the faction rank.

Keeping track of lubricants would be a little more difficult but maybe with a feature I've requested still fairly easy to implement. At the beginning of a SexLab animation mainfct's mod adds the "lubricant" tag and afterwards a number, e.g. "50" for 50%. At the end of a SexLab animation foxyvixen21's mod looks for these tags and if it finds them adjust the values accordingly.

Well, to clarify, I'm using the simplest possible implementation I could think off. It's not a framework or anything and it's player only. I listen to the last event sent by sexlab, identify the animation add increment a local variable and add effects when needed. It is very much a standalone plugin.

Or from a user point of view what I think would be best is if the three of you compared notes and worked together to finish a single more robust version. Or add some parts as optional into a single mod, giving a little more variety to the mod so people could click to choose which aspects if that makes sense.

I mean take submit and defeat, there is things each of them do that is better than the other for my personal tastes. I often wish they would be combined and have options in the MCM menu on how the mod worked so you could pick different parts to use.

Either way best of luck on your mods, I will keep a eye on them.

Not trying to be a monopoly Aleric, just "raising my hand" to let everybody know, 'tis all. :)

Actually, I like the idea of make W&T into a standalone mod, whether its 100% of mainfct's, 100% of ours, or a combination. I don't care, I just want W&T. Foxyvixen was trying capture a desire to replicate the Sexout mod and so we currently have a basic W&T implementation, that is bundled with our description functionality. I think it would make sense to pull that out and make it something like how Aroused is used as a utility mod for other mods to utilize. 

I can send you what we have, although it does have some specifics to working with supporting our description system...

You can PM me and/or Foxyvixen (I think LL does multi-participant) PM's and we can compare notes.

Oh, btw, Nutluck, I agree. While its great that there is no "monopoly" here in LL, its more of the wild-wild west, it does present an interesting challenge to people who are new to modding (that is, using mods, not writing them) and want some basic SL mods in their game, but don't know whether to use Angrim's, Hormones, or PSQ for Succubus functionality (for instance), nor is there a really good way to see how mature and stable individual mods are, other than trying them out...

Not trying to be a monopoly Aleric, just "raising my hand" to let everybody know, 'tis all. :)

Actually, I like the idea of make W&T into a standalone mod, whether its 100% of mainfct's, 100% of ours, or a combination. I don't care, I just want W&T. Foxyvixen was trying capture a desire to replicate the Sexout mod and so we currently have a basic W&T implementation, that is bundled with our description functionality. I think it would make sense to pull that out and make it something like how Aroused is used as a utility mod for other mods to utilize. 

I can send you what we have, although it does have some specifics to working with supporting our description system...

You can PM me and/or Foxyvixen (I think LL does multi-participant) PM's and we can compare notes.

Oh, btw, Nutluck, I agree. While its great that there is no "monopoly" here in LL, its more of the wild-wild west, it does present an interesting challenge to people who are new to modding (that is, using mods, not writing them) and want some basic SL mods in their game, but don't know whether to use Angrim's, Hormones, or PSQ for Succubus functionality (for instance), nor is there a really good way to see how mature and stable individual mods are, other than trying them out...

Yeah totally, when I first started modding back in Nov I was often very confused. Not on how to use the mods, ok that too but only for a bit. Most of it came from what mods did what, what ones worked with what other mods, especially with mods that did similar things.

What I have found is often you have two or more mods covering the same topic which is cool cause more choices means more people are going to get what they want. But I often find each one doing certain things I like better. :)

For me this is a little ironic I have been asking, prodding, and suggesting someone do a wear and tear system. So much so I even looked into coding myself and it left my eyes swimming. Now in short order to have two people either working on a version is very cool. Mostly cause I think right now wear and tear system is the number one mod missing from sexlab.

As for making something into a utility. Pulling the describe out into a utility system like arousal makes sense but I would honestly leave it as a optional light download. I say that because I think most people that would want a describe system would also use a wear and tear system. Having fewer mods is a good thing so if you guys make a complete version with both and any more stuff you add as a single mod for those that want it I think that would be best. You could even have a box to click to turn off wear and tear or turn off describe part. That way people could still just download the single mod and then pick and choose if they want one or both features.

Anyways OP sorry to kinda take over your thread, but I personally would love it if the three of you compared notes on the wear and tear and maybe implement optional features into a single mod.

As for the crowd one, I say start a new thread or post up all the new changes in the old thread and then people can give you feed back about that mod. I checked out the old one but opted not to use it. Mostly cause it had some issues with some of the other mods like defeat/submit grabbing people for gangbangs and that mod holding them as a crowd watching, that and it seemed to always react the same way regardless of the type of sex act. I thought it was a cool idea but needed some more work. :)

Yeah totally, when I first started modding back in Nov I was often very confused. Not on how to use the mods, ok that too but only for a bit. Most of it came from what mods did what, what ones worked with what other mods, especially with mods that did similar things.

What I have found is often you have two or more mods covering the same topic which is cool cause more choices means more people are going to get what they want. But I often find each one doing certain things I like better. :)

For me this is a little ironic I have been asking, prodding, and suggesting someone do a wear and tear system. So much so I even looked into coding myself and it left my eyes swimming. Now in short order to have two people either working on a version is very cool. Mostly cause I think right now wear and tear system is the number one mod missing from sexlab.

As for making something into a utility. Pulling the describe out into a utility system like arousal makes sense but I would honestly leave it as a optional light download. I say that because I think most people that would want a describe system would also use a wear and tear system. Having fewer mods is a good thing so if you guys make a complete version with both and any more stuff you add as a single mod for those that want it I think that would be best. You could even have a box to click to turn off wear and tear or turn off describe part. That way people could still just download the single mod and then pick and choose if they want one or both features.

Anyways OP sorry to kinda take over your thread, but I personally would love it if the three of you compared notes on the wear and tear and maybe implement optional features into a single mod.

As for the crowd one, I say start a new thread or post up all the new changes in the old thread and then people can give you feed back about that mod. I checked out the old one but opted not to use it. Mostly cause it had some issues with some of the other mods like defeat/submit grabbing people for gangbangs and that mod holding them as a crowd watching, that and it seemed to always react the same way regardless of the type of sex act. I thought it was a cool idea but needed some more work. :)

I really like your thinking Nutluck. Along similar lines, I *really* like the cum inflation option in HentaiPregnancy, and thinking of replicating it in Apropos. Doing so would require users who are also wanting to use HentaiPregnancy for regular pregnancy stuff, could disable "Cum Inflation" in MCM, and enable it in Apropos. I think of Cum inflation (just noticed the belly animation for the first time for some reason just a few days ago - hot! ) is that the player/NPC should be able to get inflated not only during impregnation! Also inflation seems similar enough to W&T in my mind - both W&T and inflation could have certain "after effects" - debuffs, visual effects, etc.

Very nice that you continue modding, i liked especially your radiant prostitution, and now it is nicely further expanded. Don't worry about potential overlap with other mods, more choices is always good.

I for example still use all 3 prostitution mods and for defeat the whole package of submit, defeat, sd+ :).

Both your mod ideas sound great, looking forward to the release.

Whatever you do now, make sure you are aware of the ability to the the Papyrus Utility mod functions to store variables on any "form" which includes any NPC. You could therefore implement a full wear and tear system for any/all MPCs invluding the player because you can keep all those values for each NPC attached to that NPC.

Likewise with the Papyrus Utility you can now assign behavior packages to NPCs without using Quest aliases (perfect for the Spectator mod).

Hmmm, being able to assign variables to any form means it should be much simpler to do a wear and tear on Armor and Weapons now too. But that wouldn't necessarily be an Adult mod.

Whatever you do now, make sure you are aware of the ability to the the Papyrus Utility mod functions to store variables on any "form" which includes any NPC. You could therefore implement a full wear and tear system for any/all MPCs invluding the player because you can keep all those values for each NPC attached to that NPC.

Likewise with the Papyrus Utility you can now assign behavior packages to NPCs without using Quest aliases (perfect for the Spectator mod).

Hmmm, being able to assign variables to any form means it should be much simpler to do a wear and tear on Armor and Weapons now too. But that wouldn't necessarily be an Adult mod.

That would actually be a really cool mod, that was one of the things I really liked about FO3 and FONV is armor and weapons over time slowly wore out and you had to fix them.

WaxenFigure,

Do you think the use of PapyrusUtil will in general replace the use of GlobalVariable's in mods? Thanks for the suggestion, I have been periodically looking over PU, reading Ashal's use of PU, but not actually using it. Also, I had wondered how to track W&T for followers.

Which leads me to two questions (Papyrus/SL scripting questions):

1. How does one retrieve the Player's current follower?

2. How does one work with situations where UFO or AFT are being used and there might be multiple followers?

I mean take submit and defeat, there is things each of them do that is better than the other for my personal tastes. I often wish they would be combined and have options in the MCM menu on how the mod worked so you could pick different parts to use.

Completely agreed, it kinda sucks having to choose sometimes.

WaxenFigure,

Do you think the use of PapyrusUtil will in general replace the use of GlobalVariable's in mods? Thanks for the suggestion, I have been periodically looking over PU, reading Ashal's use of PU, but not actually using it. Also, I had wondered how to track W&T for followers.

Which leads me to two questions (Papyrus/SL scripting questions):

1. How does one retrieve the Player's current follower?

2. How does one work with situations where UFO or AFT are being used and there might be multiple followers?

Right now there is no list of "current followers", each follower mod has its own list of quest aliases it fills all the followers it supports into (because they were all written before PU was available).

I would use the same technique used to gather your spectators, cast a spell over an area centered on the player and check each NPC hit by the spell for membership in the player follower faction. Alternatively, you could use the SKSE function to get all NPCs in the current cell and make the same check, all followers you'd want to affect will of course be in the same cell and fairly close to the player. If you're already casting such a spell for another purpose you can build a list of followers at the same time.

Here is a code fragment I have been working on for the Hentai Creatures mod that will keep statistics for each actor who is "trained" you can use as an example of how easy it is to use the PU code.

; Update training statistics
	; We keep three lists in the global, a list of forms of the trained actors, their names and how many times they have been trained
	; On each trained actor we also keep two more lists, the race name of the trainer and how many times the actor has been trained by that race
	if victim.GetLeveledActorBase().IsUnique()  ; Only for unique actors, no point in keeping track of trained bandits etc
		int TheIndex = StorageUtil.FormListFind(GlobalStorage,"HentaiCreaturesTrainees",victim as form)
		int CheckIndex = -1
		if TheIndex == -1 
			; New trainee
			TheIndex = StorageUtil.FormListAdd(GlobalStorage,"HentaiCreaturesTrainees",victim as form)
			CheckIndex = StorageUtil.StringListAdd(GlobalStorage,"HentaiCreaturesTrainees",victim.GetLeveledActorBase().GetName(),true)
			if CheckIndex <> TheIndex
				Debug.Notification("Name index=" & CheckIndex & " Form Index=" & TheIndex & " ERROR ERROR ERROR!"
			EndIf
			CheckIndex = StorageUtil.IntListAdd(GlobalStorage,"HentaiCreaturesTrainees",1,true)
				Debug.Notification("Training count index=" & CheckIndex & " Form Index=" & TheIndex & " ERROR ERROR ERROR!"
			EndIf
			TheIndex = StorageUtil.StringListAdd(victim as form,"HentaiCreaturesTrainers",creature.GetRace().GetName())
			CheckIndex = StorageUtil.IntListAdd(victim as form,"HentaiCreaturesTrainers",1,true)
				Debug.Notification("Trained count index=" & CheckIndex & " Trainer Race Index=" & TheIndex & " ERROR ERROR ERROR!"
			EndIf
		else
			; More training
			Int TimesTrained = StorageUtil.IntListGet(GlobalStorage,"HentaiCreaturesTrainees",TheIndex)
			TimesTrained += 1
			StorageUtil.IntListSet(GlobalStorage,"HentaiCreaturesTrainees",TheIndex,TimesTrained)
			TheIndex = StorageUtil.StringListFind(victim as form,"HentaiCreaturesTrainers",creature.GetRace().GetName())
			if TheIndex == -1
				; New Creature
				TheIndex = StorageUtil.StringListAdd(victim as form,"HentaiCreaturesTrainers",creature.GetRace().GetName())
				CheckIndex = StorageUtil.IntListAdd(victim as form,"HentaiCreaturesTrainers",1)
			else
				TimesTrained = StorageUtil.IntListGet(victim as form,"HentaiCreaturesTrainers",TheIndex)
				TimesTrained += 1
				StorageUtil.IntListSet(victim as form,"HentaiCreaturesTrainers",TheIndex,TimesTrained)
			EndIf
		EndIf
	EndIf

I'll have to see that PapyrusUtil in more details... But it may not be all that necessary in these cases (W&T is player centric and I found that crowd don't need to be large... I just ended up picking NPC randomly and testing LOS and it makes for nice gathering crowds). In any cases, I don't doubt that there are multiple ways to implement the same effects and that some may have untold advantage (or inconvenient) over others.

Hey I'm pretty new to modding so I hope I don't look too much like a tard when I ask this. I'm definitely interested in the spectator crowd mod and here is my question. Is it possible to include this concept for public punishments? I have the prison overhaul mod and it always seems unrealistic and boring when nobody is there to watch the pillory scenes. Just seems like it would add some realism, but like I said, I don't know what this all entails and if its another animal all together. Perhaps even nudity attracting onlookers. Maybe that slave you have tied up at the center of town, starts to draw a crowd around them of people clapping, laughing, cheering etc. What I'm asking may be impossible, but I'm still planning on checking out your mod when its done. Good luck and i'll be keeping an eye peeled

@grossman1415: It's not a stupid question. That's actually one of the big problem I'm having with setting up the crowd responses properly. If you tried the previous version, you probably know that the guard would end up interrupting the punishment because they detected it as rape, so the victim status of the player can't be interpreted as rape all the time (and some scene from other mods also set the player as victim even though the act is in fact consensual). So I've decided to scrap that (the interrupts).

Anyway, it seems that the only thing that can be used in this case is the keywords associated with the anim and condition the dialogue responses to these. 

Two keep things fairly simple, I want 2 different behaviors: one when sex (or any sexlab anim) is considered fair game and the crowd gather, cheer and applaud, have some dialogue relating to the act and leave some tip at the end of the show, and the other is when sex is frowned upon. In that case, the npc would gather with their arm crossed and the dialogue would be stuff like "get a room you two", "not in public", that sort of thing. It would be a simple matter to add dialogue like "that what you deserved" when the anim is in the punishment category.

• 2 weeks later...

I realize that it's been a while since anyone has posted in this, but it's also been a while since I've been able to play Skyrim and so I'm interested to know what kind of things are still being worked on.

This, in particular, is a thing that has always bothered me about the Elder Scrolls npcs. They're oblivious to the world around them, and would literally STEP OVER a screwing couple in the middle of the street without so much as lofting a troubled brow. Has an up-to-date mod doing what is discussed here in this thread actually been made available, or has everyone interested in this simply wandered off in favor of something else?

Still working on it. I was polishing the spectator crowd mod, and adding random prompts from npc after they witnessed some action. I started this thread to get idea and suggestions but I have barely received any, so I'm just taking my time.

Archived