2 new-ish mods in final stages...

mainfct

First, thank you mainfct for still working on Spectator crowd mod ! It is a must-have so a must-do and on previous version it worked pretty well so I hope the next will work pretty well too !

I know all virtual underage ppl sex interactions are prohibited and I totally agree with it but could the children react when they see a sexual act like the other NPCs do ?

And maybe creatures in sex scenes could be considered differently by NPCs, saying different things and acting differently, I mean some people would laugh, others being amazed, others being aroused, others being disgusted, others being... anything ! Maybe some NPCs could also just watch the scene for 3 sec and say 'this is sick!' and go away !

NPCs could also have a different behavior towards the PC if they saw things they liked or disliked... after a sex scene, some NPCs would want to talk to you/trade with you only if they have the pleasure to have sex with you, or traders could make different prices depending on what they saw and liked/disliked about you and your behavior.

Some NPCs/Followers/Spouses could be jealous too ! And they could sulk or divorce !

I know these are consequences of Spectator crowd but I think it is important for immersion too! I mean, if they see something and react to this thing there should be a consequence, not just a 'Oh ! I saw you fuck a guard yesterday but I don't give a shit and it will change nothing between us even if we are married !'

I dunno how difficult it is to make or even if it can be done as I'm not a modder but you said you made this thread for ideas, so I'm trying to help !

I'd like to see the guards and other NPC's of "good alignment" react to the PC's rape by an NPC in the same way that they would if the PC raped an NPC or committed any other violent act (attack/defend). Maybe flag any non-essential NPC's as essential to avoid their loss in game and beat them down to bleed-out, then have them go to jail for some period of time...or have public shaming stocks?  I would think any nearby children would be curious to your non-violent shenanigans, but the adults would be disapproving and trying to shoo away the kids and then verbally abuse you, or not have the kids react but have the adults abuse you if kids happen to be in their LOS.  Otherwise they might be cheering you on, etc.

There seems to be some relationship mechanism already in game that controls how follower-capable NPC's relate to you.  Not sure if that be useable in the mod or you would need to establish your own "reputation" system?  Doesn't seem that the vanilla system includes a karmic aspect (evil NPC's like your evil acts, etc.)?

Regarding the vanilla reputation system, if you commit crimes in public that would go counter to their "alignment", or acts against them (attack/rape or getting caught pick pocketing them, so they remember you're a bastard), decrement this value for those NPC's to make them harder to court? I don't know if there are any hostile reactions in the vanilla system if the value goes too negative?

Probably not what you're looking to accomplish, but I guess I'd just like to see a more immersive crime/heroics/consequences system that extended to how NPC's treated you.  City/region specific, of course.  I never liked the global karma system that Fallout and similar used where everyone everywhere somehow knew what kind of person you were.  At least the vanilla crime/bounty system in Skryim is limited to the city regions where the acts took place.  It just doesn't have any lasting effects after you pay your bounty.  It's like you never did anything wrong.

• 1 month later...

Just having NPCs not wandering around making stupid comments would be a massive, massive gameplay improvement.  If I wanted to get into the realm of ideas, it would be nice to have an MCM setting where you could maybe even set reactions - maybe set the percentage chances for different reactions, like:

-Intervene to stop rape (anything flagged aggressive?)

-Hurry away

-Leer/watch/catcall/cheer on

-Queue up to take turns/join in

Right now it would be great just to have them NOT say their standard naked response as they walk by, none of them really work for an active sex act instead of just being naked.    It would also be nice if they didn't stand on top of the actors involved in sex, I can't count the number of times a nearby actor started moving up and down along with one of the actors in the animation.

so did you really give up on guard intervention against rape?

make it at least optional, don't exclude it completely 

I think the issue was there was no reliable way for the script to detect if an act was actual rape, or just a consensual act that happened to be using one of the more aggressive animations. So the choice is either guard break up consensual sex and arrest one of the actors, or they need to ignore rape.

Right now it would be great just to have them NOT say their standard naked response as they walk by, none of them really work for an active sex act instead of just being naked.    It would also be nice if they didn't stand on top of the actors involved in sex, I can't count the number of times a nearby actor started moving up and down along with one of the actors in the animation.

This, absolutely.

so did you really give up on guard intervention against rape?

make it at least optional, don't exclude it completely 

I think the issue was there was no reliable way for the script to detect if an act was actual rape, or just a consensual act that happened to be using one of the more aggressive animations. So the choice is either guard break up consensual sex and arrest one of the actors, or they need to ignore rape.

That's why I'm saying it's best if it's optional and not completely excluded.

If some animations trigger the intervention from the guards, you can restrict those animations for rape only. 

Anyway, I think the mod needs to trigger those reactions from the guards based on line of sight, if they can't see you raping someone or being raped, they shouldn't be able to intervene.

But man, if they can see you having sex, be it consensual or not, out in the open in a city I think they SHOULD intervene. It isn't very immersive to be having sex with no one reacting to the scene, but it's also not really immersive if you can fuck behind the throne where sits Elisif and only get some cheering and clapping as reactions.

In the spectator crowds mod as it is right now, during sex animations inside an Inn or somewhere else, you'll see NPC's obtusely barging in the room, which means they react to events based on range, not on visual.

The detection I had implemented at first was that the NPCs would notice if the PC is within a configurable radius OR if the PC is in LOS. There is a detection function in Skyrim but it's a little bit twitchy when NPCs are not in combat so I decided to fake sound detection with that radius thing. If set to zero, only LOS should matter.

The problem with rape detection is that people have started to set the victim/aggressor flags when all they wanted was to play an animation from the aggressive list. It may be because it changes the voices and expressions or something but that makes identifying the situation impossible as far as I can tell.

I'd like the women to stand around cheering and saying "I'm next!"

Bergritte Battle-Born, Fralia Gray-Mane, Lillith Maiden-Loom, Olava the Feeble and Tilma the Haggard all liked this post.

If you saw the way I have them looking in my game, you wouldn't see that as such a bad thing ;) I don't have any ElderRace females in my game at all.

I'd like the women to stand around cheering and saying "I'm next!"

Bergritte Battle-Born, Fralia Gray-Mane, Lillith Maiden-Loom, Olava the Feeble and Tilma the Haggard all liked this post.

If you saw the way I have them looking in my game, you wouldn't see that as such a bad thing ;) I don't have any ElderRace females in my game at all.

I know of that mod, have a copy somewhere in the archives but didn't load it in my current run since I didn't plan on "doing" any of them.

The detection I had implemented at first was that the NPCs would notice if the PC is within a configurable radius OR if the PC is in LOS. There is a detection function in Skyrim but it's a little bit twitchy when NPCs are not in combat so I decided to fake sound detection with that radius thing. If set to zero, only LOS should matter.

The problem with rape detection is that people have started to set the victim/aggressor flags when all they wanted was to play an animation from the aggressive list. It may be because it changes the voices and expressions or something but that makes identifying the situation impossible as far as I can tell.

Seems to me that it would be quite reasonable for a guard to mistake one of the aggressive acts for a rape. You could simply classify that as a 'feature, not a bug' ;)

It's my own mod Waxen, didn't know there was one that did that already. I've changed every woman in the game to atleast some degree. Then I made a custom ai package that ties into SL Aroused so when a womans arousal reaches 90, they come and take what they want! And let me tell you, it took some time to add those packages to 1800+ women.

It's my own mod Waxen, didn't know there was one that did that already. I've changed every woman in the game to atleast some degree. Then I made a custom ai package that ties into SL Aroused so when a womans arousal reaches 90, they come and take what they want! And let me tell you, it took some time to add those packages to 1800+ women.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28301/?

Just in case someone else wants it.

It would be nice if you could share it. It sounds awesome and I think a lot of people would commend it as well.

I was planning to share the package as an esm for use as a modders resource, so people could add it to whoever they want it on. No way I could upload the mod where I changed everyone. I kinda merged 50+ armor/clothing mods along with a certain hair collection that can't be uploaded, then added those outfits bikini's etc to about half the unique women in Skyrim. Then went and altered them making something semi transparent in places...ok so I got carried away just a little bit :D

You simply add the package onto the npc's you want it on (works best as the top one) You can keep your mod that simple, or can change their outfit/appearence at the same time, since vanilla just isn't quite eye pleasing. And I was planning to wait until; SL 1.5 was released to make sure it will work fine with it.

Archived