Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, killer905 said:

If this is your first visit, you'll ONLY encounter Thaen and her dog there. There are no other NPCs in this scene at the Mansion.

I mean every NPC in the NPC list for AMR is spawned into the main room of the mansion standing around with no AI package.  

 

Edited by joystickhacks
Posted
1 hour ago, joystickhacks said:

I mean every NPC in the NPC list for AMR is spawned into the main room of the mansion standing around with no AI package.  

 

?? Show screanshot quest what you have active from AMR and all NPCs there. 

Posted (edited)

Hello! Very excited to try this mod. One question though (and sorry if this has already been answered). When I clicked on your recommended animations, and I went to Billyy's, that is for Skyrim LE, is it not? When I installed those animations and ran them through FNIS I got a lot of errors telling me those were not compatible with SE.

 

Am I missing something? Sorry, very new to Skyrim modding.

 

EDIT:

 

(ignore me, I see what I did wrong)

Edited by CrimsonAfterDark
Posted
53 minutes ago, CrimsonAfterDark said:

Hello! Very excited to try this mod. One question though (and sorry if this has already been answered). When I clicked on your recommended animations, and I went to Billyy's, that is for Skyrim LE, is it not? When I installed those animations and ran them through FNIS I got a lot of errors telling me those were not compatible with SE.

 

Am I missing something? Sorry, very new to Skyrim modding.

 

EDIT:

 

(ignore me, I see what I did wrong)

It's great that you noticed your mistake ;3

Posted
6 hours ago, joystickhacks said:

I mean every NPC in the NPC list for AMR is spawned into the main room of the mansion standing around with no AI package.  

 

 

That obviously should not be in the mansion only Thaena and Baily are flagged initially enabled. All other npcs are initially disabled.

 

Spoiler

 

image.png.f22b4fc809fa470a3ecc5b125982bae5.png

 

image.png.a63320b8e2a8080693281cc15021a357.png

 

 

All I may think of is removing the mod, load a save prior to adding the mod and save again. Then quit and install the mod again and load that new save.

 

The other npcs are enabled later via script in quests... in fact some of the npcs are not even enabled at all yet because some of those npcs are not used yet, i.e. AMR_Emp_Sirgur and AMR_Emp_Toryorn.

Posted
5 hours ago, UnderCover4Now said:

Very eager to see what's going to be in update. Any estimated time that will be?  😋 and thank you for your work!!

 

We do not provide any dates.

 

I spoke with Gristle a few days after the release of Animal Mansion Reborn, and this is how things stand at the moment.

 

He's currently on vacation and finishing up Dibella’s Love, and after that, Animal Research would be the priority. Why? Because we’d like to finish one of the mods so we can focus more on the others.

 

However, halfway through work on 3 of the 6 quests in Animal Research, development would be put on hold and Gristle would work on a small update adding more Dog Sales and Horse Sales.

 

I think this is a sensible move. The sooner we finish the Animal Research story itself, the more frequent the updates for Animal Mansion Reborn are likely to be. However, it’s worth bearing in mind that, at this stage, Gristle has the following mods: SLSF Fame Comments Reloaded, Dibella’s Love and Adventures with Balazar.

 
Posted
On 9/11/2026 at 2:08 AM, CrimsonAfterDark said:

Hello! Very excited to try this mod. One question though (and sorry if this has already been answered). When I clicked on your recommended animations, and I went to Billyy's, that is for Skyrim LE, is it not? When I installed those animations and ran them through FNIS I got a lot of errors telling me those were not compatible with SE.

 

Am I missing something? Sorry, very new to Skyrim modding.

 

EDIT:

 

(ignore me, I see what I did wrong)

Ditch FNIS because it is years out of date. Its replacement is Pandora and it handles all of the FINIS animations, and also animations meant for Nemesis, so remove that also if you have it installed. You will also need OAR (Open Animation Replacer) for animations created for that system but the two work seamlessly.

Posted (edited)

And now the reason I'm here: not having much luck with your reworked  mods. Still can't get Tirwin to do her thing in Animal Research, and now I can't get to Thaena in this mod because when I get to the Borderlands the guard dialogue won't show up. She'll ask "what is it" but I can't ask her anything or get any further response.

 

Okay, scratch that. With the help of Skyparkour I was able to get through the invisible barrier--yeah, I know I could've tcl'd but this is immersion, man! So I get to the mansion and head inside and....WTAF?! Every fucking base Skyrim follower was in there! Serana, Ria, Farkas, Jenassa...all of them. Not sure if it's being caused by Captive Followers, or this new Simple Follower Framework and I may never know because when I reloaded after disabling Captive Followers it said the save was corrupt so I re-enabled CF. 

Edited by DiabloJim
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, DiabloJim said:

Ditch FNIS because it is years out of date. Its replacement is Pandora and it handles all of the FINIS animations, and also animations meant for Nemesis, so remove that also if you have it installed. You will also need OAR (Open Animation Replacer) for animations created for that system but the two work seamlessly.

This user took the animations for the wrong version. Even Pandora wouldn't be able to register them correctly if you intall LE version on SE/AE game.

 

3 hours ago, DiabloJim said:

And now the reason I'm here: not having much luck with your reworked  mods. Still can't get Tirwin to do her thing in Animal Research, and now I can't get to Thaena in this mod because when I get to the Borderlands the guard dialogue won't show up. She'll ask "what is it" but I can't ask her anything or get any further response.

You should go to the inn in Falkreath, where there should be a conversation between Valga and another NPC. Only after talking to her can you go to the border (IF you have a mod that changes the guards' gender from male to female (ONLY MALE are supported now), it won't work. You'll need to temporarily disable that mod). Only then will you be able to talk to Thaena at the Mansion.

 

3 hours ago, DiabloJim said:

Okay, scratch that. With the help of Skyparkour I was able to get through the invisible barrier--yeah, I know I could've tcl'd but this is immersion, man! So I get to the mansion and head inside and....WTAF?! Every fucking base Skyrim follower was in there! Serana, Ria, Farkas, Jenassa...all of them. Not sure if it's being caused by Captive Followers, or this new Simple Follower Framework and I may never know because when I reloaded after disabling Captive Followers it said the save was corrupt so I re-enabled CF. 

Without talking to the guard, you won't be able to talk to Thaena anyway.

 

The appearance of Vanilia Followers there is strange, to say the least. Open the console and click on any Vanilla follower. If the initial ID is other than 00xxxxxx, 01xxxxxx, 02xxxxxxx, or 03xxxxxx, they come from the AMR, which should be in a special cell that prevents any NPCs from entering or leaving, so they shouldn’t be there.

 

Alternatively, please post a screenshot of the situation itself and the IDs of these Vanilla NPCs.

Edited by killer905
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, killer905 said:

they come from the AMR, which should be in a special cell that prevents any NPCs from entering or leaving, so they shouldn’t be there.

 

I kind of feel bad for them stuck there like that... you should had at least given them some tables, chairs food and most important mead, maybe a bed since they'll be there a long long time... and the guards in Markarth think Cidhna mine is hard time? 🤪

 

Spoiler

 

image.png.fcfc25e425d05cb8760788bbf925d4c4.png

 

 

@DiabloJim as @killer905 said follower npcs should not be in the mansion, only Thaena and Baily should be there initially and Thaena will not talk to you without the stage being advanced at the border (dealing with the guard not only removes the barrier but sets the next stage). 

 

When that stage is set you begin the next stage and it's on that stage when entering the mansion Thaena will force-greet you and start the conversation.

 

The mod is dialog/stage driven (dialog setting stages and stage completion running script.) 

 

So, in console:

 

~

sqv AMR_Start

 

what stage us this quest at?

 

sqs AMR_Start will show all stages (1 means it's complete).

 

40 complete is talked to Valga (in Dead Man's Drink) told you to go to the border. (when you walk in the inn she's speaking with someone this scene is triggered, you wait for them to finished then talk to her about it - if this scene does not occur check for conflicts with the inn.)

 

Spoiler

setObjectiveCompleted(30)
setObjectiveDisplayed(40)

Actor TirwinRef = TirwinAlias.GetActorRef() as Actor
Alias_Tirwin.ForceRefTo(TirwinRef)
 

 

50 complete is you paid or had sex with the Guards. (stage 51 also does this but is a different branch.)

Spoiler

setObjectiveCompleted(40)
setObjectiveDisplayed(50)
RoadBlock.Disable()
;Alias_Thaena.ForceRefTo(Thaena)
;Alias_Bailey.ForceRefTo(Bailey)

 

60 is the next stage after Thaena talks to you... sending you to speak to Hammerfell guards about iron orcs.

Spoiler

Thaena.EvaluatePackage()
setObjectiveDisplayed(60)

If Alias_Tirwin.GetReference() == None
    Actor TirwinRef = TirwinAlias.GetActorRef() as Actor
    Alias_Tirwin.ForceRefTo(TirwinRef)
Endif

RoadWolf.Delete()
 

 

Edited by eflat01
Posted
1 hour ago, killer905 said:

This user took the animations for the wrong version. Even Pandora wouldn't be able to register them correctly if you intall LE version on SE/AE game.

Yeah, I realised that was the cause of their issue but it was a general comment anyway. FNIS is finished and anyone using SE/AE really should move to Pandora.

 

1 hour ago, killer905 said:

You should go to the inn in Falkreath, where there should be a conversation between Valga and another NPC. Only after talking to her can you go to the border (IF you have a mod that changes the guards' gender from male to female (ONLY MALE are supported now), it won't work. You'll need to temporarily disable that mod). Only then will you be able to talk to Thaena at the Mansion.

Ah, the male only thing explains why the female guard wouldn't talk. I do have mods that add more female guards but it doesn't eliminate male guards, so theoretically there could've/should've been at least one male guard. Anyway, by getting around the invisible block at the gate I was able to talk to Thaena, she explained the situation and with the help of the two Hammerfell guards I was able to eliminate the bandits.

 

1 hour ago, killer905 said:

The appearance of Vanilia Followers there is strange, to say the least. Open the console and click on any Vanilla follower. If the initial ID is other than 00xxxxxx, 01xxxxxx, 02xxxxxxx, or 03xxxxxx, they come from the AMR, which should be in a special cell that prevents any NPCs from entering or leaving, so they shouldn’t be there.

 

Alternatively, please post a screenshot of the situation itself and the IDs of these Vanilla NPCs.

Not sure if I'll be able to do that because I removed the mod I think may have caused it, and restarted with a fresh character. If they reappear then we know it wasn't that mod that caused it, and further investigation will be needed. I shall keep you apprised.

Posted
3 hours ago, eflat01 said:

I kind of feel bad for them stuck there like that... you should had at least given them some tables, chairs food and most important mead, maybe a bed since they'll be there a long long time... and the guards in Markarth think Cidhna mine is hard time? 🤪

It's a stripped-down version of Sovngarde for naughty Nords and others races :D

 

3 hours ago, DiabloJim said:

Not sure if I'll be able to do that because I removed the mod I think may have caused it, and restarted with a fresh character. If they reappear then we know it wasn't that mod that caused it, and further investigation will be needed. I shall keep you apprised.

ok

Posted
On 8/12/2026 at 5:33 PM, Sonnstor said:

Hello,

 

I am running into a problem with the A mare for hire side quest, the first with the Battleborns:

 

The Seller and both Battleborns are at the farm, the quest starts, the animations work, but after speaking to the seller after the second horse, the quest does not end. I suppose this is because both Battleborns don't say any comment at all. They are just standing there the whole time. I checked the editor, seems like there is scene which should control their comments, but it does not seem to work. I loaded the quest several times, every time the same result. I checked the editor for conflicts (NPC references, Location ...), but none. Any idea what can cause this or if it is a bug? Thank you for any ideas.

 

I’ve now encountered the same phenomenon after several tests.

 

To start with, I asked my custom follower to have sex with the horse.

 

The initial dialogue didn't trigger. However, it did work with the second horse.

 

I’m going to test it with a standard Skyrim follower and with Jala.

Posted
10 hours ago, Unicom1981 said:

 

I’ve now encountered the same phenomenon after several tests.

 

To start with, I asked my custom follower to have sex with the horse.

 

The initial dialogue didn't trigger. However, it did work with the second horse.

 

I’m going to test it with a standard Skyrim follower and with Jala.

Personally, I didn't have any problems with Vanillia Follower or Custom Follower in this quest.

Right now, it sounds like there's some kind of script glitch or something like that.

 

It would be best if you could send us a recording—maybe we'll find something that's causing this behavior.

Posted
6 hours ago, killer905 said:

Personally, I didn't have any problems with Vanillia Follower or Custom Follower in this quest.

Right now, it sounds like there's some kind of script glitch or something like that.

 

It would be best if you could send us a recording—maybe we'll find something that's causing this behavior.

 

A video or a log file—for recording purposes.

Posted (edited)
On 9/17/2026 at 6:14 PM, Unicom1981 said:

I’m going to test it with a standard Skyrim follower and with Jala.

 

So you talked to the horse seller, then went to talk to your follower but there was no conversation back from them?

 

I know Tirwin, Jala, Eveli and Naraya have dialog for it... I think a custom follower may be screened out, but you would not be able to ask them then.

 

I also suspect there's a reason... the conversation is pretty custom and they may had wanted to limit voicetypes?

Edited by eflat01
Posted
5 minutes ago, eflat01 said:

 

So you talked to the horse seller, then went to talk to your follower but there was no conversation back from them?

 

I'd tested with Jala, Evili, standard followers and quite a few of the custom followers I have in my load... A few times I had Serana tagging along and multiple followers. 

 

No, I can speak to the follower.

 

The first scene between Idolaf and Alfhild doesn't start when the follower is supposed to perform the task. It only triggers with the second horse.

Posted (edited)
Am 18.09.2026 um 10:47 Uhr schrieb killer905:

Ich persönlich hatte bei dieser Quest weder mit dem Standard-Follower noch mit einem benutzerdefinierten Follower Probleme.

Im Moment klingt es so, als gäbe es irgendeinen Skriptfehler oder so etwas in der Art.

 

Am besten wäre es, wenn Sie uns eine Aufnahme schicken könnten – vielleicht finden wir so die Ursache für dieses Verhalten.

 

Ich glaube jedoch nicht, dass die Szene für den Begleiter starten soll – zumindest nicht, wenn ich sie mir in SSEEdit ansehe.

 

Spoiler

image.png.e1c3976c8c36ba4d39d7cabac1d3e992.png

 

 

 

Edited by Unicom1981
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Unicom1981 said:

 

However, I don't think the scene is supposed to start for the follower—at least not when I look at it in SSEEdit.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

image.png.e1c3976c8c36ba4d39d7cabac1d3e992.png

 

 

In the video where the follower is, I only notice a lack of dialogue between the two NPCs. This shouldn’t cause any problems—as you can see, they’re already talking during the second sex scene.

 

Unfortunately, the video cuts off after the second sex scene, so I don’t know what happens next. After the second sex scene with the horse, the stage should change to a conversation with the salesperson, after this Alfhild should approach the shopkeeper and talk to him.

 

The only issue I can see here is that, in general, the NPCs and the horse are positioned quite close to parts of the buildings, and that might cause some strange glitches.

 

Alternatively, after the second sex scene with the horse, you can try moving Alfhild over to the merchant (open the console, click on Alfhild, walk up to the merchant, and type “moveto player”), and in theory, Alfhild and the merchant should talk to each other.

 

As for the second video, it cuts off as well, so I’m afraid I can’t offer any further advice.

 

In the future, please put videos in spoiler tags so as not to clutter up the forum;)

Edited by killer905
Posted
2 minutes ago, killer905 said:

In the video where the follower is, I only notice a lack of dialogue between the two NPCs. This shouldn’t cause any problems—as you can see, they’re already talking during the second sex scene.

 

Unfortunately, the video cuts off after the second sex scene, so I don’t know what happens next. After the second sex scene, Alfhild should approach the shopkeeper and talk to him.

 

The only issue I can see here is that, in general, the NPCs and the horse are positioned quite close to parts of the buildings, and that might cause some strange glitches.

 

Alternatively, after the second sex scene with the horse, you can try moving Alfhild over to the merchant (open the console, click on Alfhild, walk up to the merchant, and type “moveto player”), and in theory, Alfhild and the merchant should talk to each other.

 

As for the second video, it cuts off as well, so I’m afraid I can’t offer any further advice.

 

In the future, please put videos in

  Reveal hidden contents

tags so as not to clutter up the forum

;)

 

When I looked in the mod Tirwin, Jala, Eveli and Naraya have dialog when asked... a custom follower may be filtered out? When looking at the conditions each of those followers have a slightly different conversation with the PC about it.

Posted
21 minutes ago, killer905 said:

In the video where the follower is, I only notice a lack of dialogue between the two NPCs. This shouldn’t cause any problems—as you can see, they’re already talking during the second sex scene.

 

Unfortunately, the video cuts off after the second sex scene, so I don’t know what happens next. After the second sex scene with the horse, the stage should change to a conversation with the salesperson, after this Alfhild should approach the shopkeeper and talk to him.

 

The only issue I can see here is that, in general, the NPCs and the horse are positioned quite close to parts of the buildings, and that might cause some strange glitches.

 

Alternatively, after the second sex scene with the horse, you can try moving Alfhild over to the merchant (open the console, click on Alfhild, walk up to the merchant, and type “moveto player”), and in theory, Alfhild and the merchant should talk to each other.

 

As for the second video, it cuts off as well, so I’m afraid I can’t offer any further advice.

 

In the future, please put videos in spoiler tags so as not to clutter up the forum;)


I was only pointing out that dialogue glitch between the two NPCs—it starts correctly for the player, but the follower skips a scene. Everything else is working perfectly. Regarding the cramped space: yes, I am using a mod that alters the farm, but I suspect something else is causing that glitch.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Unicom1981 said:


I was only pointing out that dialogue glitch between the two NPCs—it starts correctly for the player, but the follower skips a scene. Everything else is working perfectly. Regarding the cramped space: yes, I am using a mod that alters the farm, but I suspect something else is causing that glitch.

Ahh, because you quoted a post where another user literally couldn’t progress through the quest—I already had that in mind—but you were referring to the lack of dialogue during the first sex scene with a Vanilla/Custom follower.

 

Yes, that’s a bug in that case. Regardless of whether it’s the PC, Vanilia Follower, Tirwin, Custom Follower, Jala, Naraya, or Eveli, there should be a conversation between Alfhild and Idolaf during the first and second sex scenes.

Posted
On 9/9/2026 at 10:59 PM, killer905 said:

OK, after the second time having sex with a horse (whether it’s a PC or a follower), Alfhild should approach the seller, give him the money, and walk away with her husband while they have a brief conversation. At that point, you should be able to talk to him.

The NPCs stay there for about an hour. Sometimes the NPCs walk away to make it look more realistic, but the seller almost always stays in place.

 

You can tru open console, click on her, and move her closer to seller. "moveto player"

Sorry was out of town for a few days, I tried using the moveto command and the seller went back to vanilla AI (chopping wood, wandering etc) with no dialogue option and the buyers are still just standing there with no options (other than vanilla dialogue). I also tried recycling each NPC to see if it would reset dialogue options but nothing. I was gonna try a setstage command but the steps I found on the "All Quest L:ist" for "A Mare For Hire" describes steps for the 3 dog breeding show which was an earlier quest, so not sure what I should put in.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...