Wut1969 Posted Sunday at 05:06 AM Posted Sunday at 05:06 AM 9 hours ago, grantupton said: So initially I was not having the Shield (and related items) in my game, but this was due to me using the Alternate Start - Life Another Life mod (as the cart ride gets so boring). However once I disabled this mod, suffered through the Cart ride one last time - the mod scripts did fire, and the Shield was found. This got me wondering whether a MCM Debug option could added to manually fire the scripts so that anyone who uses Alternate Start (or some other mod like it) could still enjoy this Mod. I always use Alternate Start and I have had no issues finding the shield. So it is probably something else in your setup. I actually use Alternate start because it gives my modlist the opportunity to initiate itself properly, whereas the cart ride would definitely break things. This is common practise for people with a mod installation addiction like myself. 😁
Wut1969 Posted Sunday at 05:08 AM Posted Sunday at 05:08 AM 3 hours ago, foreveraloneguy said: No, it's cursed outfit. At least one of them includes bimbo earrings. If you haven't gotten your ears pierced, earrings can't be equipped. And anything trying to equip them just starts a quest to get your ears pierced. You can disable that restriction in YPS.
grantupton Posted Sunday at 09:38 AM Posted Sunday at 09:38 AM 4 hours ago, Wut1969 said: I always use Alternate Start and I have had no issues finding the shield. So it is probably something else in your setup. I actually use Alternate start because it gives my modlist the opportunity to initiate itself properly, whereas the cart ride would definitely break things. This is common practise for people with a mod installation addiction like myself. 😁 Wut1968 - Hmm, what types of location scenarios do you choose? I typically use the "Hunter in the Forest" (by Riverwood) which "may" be causing some kind of issue ... perhaps. I'll try a few different ones and check.
SweetNectah Posted Sunday at 09:42 AM Author Posted Sunday at 09:42 AM 14 hours ago, grantupton said: So initially I was not having the Shield (and related items) in my game, but this was due to me using the Alternate Start - Life Another Life mod (as the cart ride gets so boring). However once I disabled this mod, suffered through the Cart ride one last time - the mod scripts did fire, and the Shield was found. This got me wondering whether a MCM Debug option could added to manually fire the scripts so that anyone who uses Alternate Start (or some other mod like it) could still enjoy this Mod. I run Alternate Start myself, the place you find the shield should be active regardless of how the game is started and has no relationship to any script. Is it every option for Alternate Start or is it a specific scenario that causes the issue? 11 hours ago, BenedictFriar said: Though I liked to experience these mods organically, I tend to have a lot of technical issues, so I test features with a character before committing to a serious run. Right now I'm trying to figure out if these are glitches or just the result of not finding quests organically: I can't find Oren at Stendar's Beacon even after talking with Cassian, and Scorpius has nothing but generic dialogue options. Any chance there's a known fix for this? After speaking with Cassian, he should send you on a quest that uses a marker on Oren directly, is there no marker that appears whatsoever? As for Scorpios not having dialogue, it sounds like his associated quest did not fire, no quest means no dialogue. 8 hours ago, foreveraloneguy said: No, it's cursed outfit. At least one of them includes bimbo earrings. If you haven't gotten your ears pierced, earrings can't be equipped. And anything trying to equip them just starts a quest to get your ears pierced. Yeah, they all include earrings, at the very least maybe I can add a debug option that’s skips the nonsense of ear piercing requirements, I will definitely look into it 👍
grantupton Posted Sunday at 10:26 AM Posted Sunday at 10:26 AM 46 minutes ago, grantupton said: Wut1968 - Hmm, what types of location scenarios do you choose? I typically use the "Hunter in the Forest" (by Riverwood) which "may" be causing some kind of issue ... perhaps. I'll try a few different ones and check. Hmm, and now it works (with the Hunter in the Forest scenario) ... strange ... not obvious changes on my end ... but I'll take the win anyway. 1
Wut1969 Posted Sunday at 03:10 PM Posted Sunday at 03:10 PM 2 hours ago, grantupton said: Hmm, and now it works (with the Hunter in the Forest scenario) ... strange ... not obvious changes on my end ... but I'll take the win anyway. I had typed a long answer, but that is kinda obsolete by now. Glad it worked!
Wut1969 Posted Sunday at 03:13 PM Posted Sunday at 03:13 PM @SweetNectah and @foreveraloneguy: the earpiercing requirement from YPS can easily be switched off in the YPS MCM. There is no need for this mod to do anything about it, @foreveraloneguy can fix it himself.
Strager Posted Sunday at 04:48 PM Posted Sunday at 04:48 PM Spoiler Any way to fix those ugly faces? SE version
foreveraloneguy Posted Sunday at 05:44 PM Posted Sunday at 05:44 PM So after some more play, I'm nearly certain that it's an issue between this mod and YPS when this mod tries to equip earrings on unpierced ears that causes my character to constantly sheath their weapon. My ideal fix for this would be to see if the PC has the perk "permanently pierced ears" (XX005E31) from yps-ImmersivePiercing.esp and skip equipping them if not. Or else add the two pierced ears perks at the same time the way the bimbo curse does.
SweetNectah Posted Sunday at 07:54 PM Author Posted Sunday at 07:54 PM 3 hours ago, Strager said: Reveal hidden contents Any way to fix those ugly faces? SE version A face only a mother could love… I could probably tweak their looks as I work on the first set of fixes. I will try to keep it in mind. 2 hours ago, foreveraloneguy said: So after some more play, I'm nearly certain that it's an issue between this mod and YPS when this mod tries to equip earrings on unpierced ears that causes my character to constantly sheath their weapon. My ideal fix for this would be to see if the PC has the perk "permanently pierced ears" (XX005E31) from yps-ImmersivePiercing.esp and skip equipping them if not. Or else add the two pierced ears perks at the same time the way the bimbo curse does. I have a couple thoughts on it. YPS is paired too often with BOS for me not think to make this more compatible. For the time being, I suppose just turn it off in YPS or get your ears pierced, until I can look more closely at it and adjust accordingly.
jib_buttkiss Posted Sunday at 11:40 PM Posted Sunday at 11:40 PM (edited) 3 hours ago, SweetNectah said: I have a couple thoughts on it. YPS is paired too often with BOS for me not think to make this more compatible. For the time being, I suppose just turn it off in YPS or get your ears pierced, until I can look more closely at it and adjust accordingly. I'd suggest just automatically piercing the player's ears when you apply the earrings. It makes sense because they're magic or something whatever. I'll save you the time digging into YPS's documentation- it uses events so all you need to do is put SendModEvent("yps-PiercingEvent", "4", -1) in the script before you equip the earrings and it'll do it. No need to add dependencies on YPS or anything. It's the same way I handle it in the bimbo curse. Edited Sunday at 11:41 PM by jib_buttkiss 3
Wut1969 Posted Monday at 06:00 AM Posted Monday at 06:00 AM (edited) 6 hours ago, jib_buttkiss said: I'd suggest just automatically piercing the player's ears when you apply the earrings. It makes sense because they're magic or something whatever. I'll save you the time digging into YPS's documentation- it uses events so all you need to do is put SendModEvent("yps-PiercingEvent", "4", -1) in the script before you equip the earrings and it'll do it. No need to add dependencies on YPS or anything. It's the same way I handle it in the bimbo curse. That explains why I haven't seen questions about piercings in ages in the BoS thread. Does this mean that Sprawling Bimbos needs YPS as a master too? Or can you just send events to just any mod whether or not if it's actually installed and hope for the best? Edited Monday at 06:00 AM by Wut1969
grantupton Posted 10 hours ago Posted 10 hours ago Not a biggie, but we seem to be lacking a quest marker for the initial Stendarr's Beacon visit (after reading the note on the dead body). The subsequent quest to find Oren does however have a marker as expected.
someperson1423 Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago Just installed this mod and I really like it overall. Unique combat/spells that force lewd stuff onto the player seems surprisingly absent from most mods so I really like the idea of this. I will say that I'm starting a new run and have basically been instantly mobbed by multiple encounters. I had the settings to "sparse" and the pursuit CD to 48 hours and 2% chance and still ran into 5 or 6 encounter going from Helgan > Riverwood > Rorikstead. It seems like a lot for the lowest settings, especially at low level. I bumped it down to 1% pursuit chance and "empty" on encounters for now to see how it goes. I'd love an option for a level delay to start the encounters, sort of like what BoS has for the start of receiving letters. Being a lvl 1 and being forced out of your armor and to use a wooden sword against 4 opponents is pretty rough. Looking forward to leveling up a bit and seeing some of the higher end encounters and curses!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now