Wut1969 Posted September 27 Posted September 27 9 hours ago, grantupton said: So initially I was not having the Shield (and related items) in my game, but this was due to me using the Alternate Start - Life Another Life mod (as the cart ride gets so boring). However once I disabled this mod, suffered through the Cart ride one last time - the mod scripts did fire, and the Shield was found. This got me wondering whether a MCM Debug option could added to manually fire the scripts so that anyone who uses Alternate Start (or some other mod like it) could still enjoy this Mod. I always use Alternate Start and I have had no issues finding the shield. So it is probably something else in your setup. I actually use Alternate start because it gives my modlist the opportunity to initiate itself properly, whereas the cart ride would definitely break things. This is common practise for people with a mod installation addiction like myself. 😁
Wut1969 Posted September 27 Posted September 27 3 hours ago, foreveraloneguy said: No, it's cursed outfit. At least one of them includes bimbo earrings. If you haven't gotten your ears pierced, earrings can't be equipped. And anything trying to equip them just starts a quest to get your ears pierced. You can disable that restriction in YPS.
grantupton Posted September 27 Posted September 27 4 hours ago, Wut1969 said: I always use Alternate Start and I have had no issues finding the shield. So it is probably something else in your setup. I actually use Alternate start because it gives my modlist the opportunity to initiate itself properly, whereas the cart ride would definitely break things. This is common practise for people with a mod installation addiction like myself. 😁 Wut1968 - Hmm, what types of location scenarios do you choose? I typically use the "Hunter in the Forest" (by Riverwood) which "may" be causing some kind of issue ... perhaps. I'll try a few different ones and check.
SweetNectah Posted September 27 Author Posted September 27 14 hours ago, grantupton said: So initially I was not having the Shield (and related items) in my game, but this was due to me using the Alternate Start - Life Another Life mod (as the cart ride gets so boring). However once I disabled this mod, suffered through the Cart ride one last time - the mod scripts did fire, and the Shield was found. This got me wondering whether a MCM Debug option could added to manually fire the scripts so that anyone who uses Alternate Start (or some other mod like it) could still enjoy this Mod. I run Alternate Start myself, the place you find the shield should be active regardless of how the game is started and has no relationship to any script. Is it every option for Alternate Start or is it a specific scenario that causes the issue? 11 hours ago, BenedictFriar said: Though I liked to experience these mods organically, I tend to have a lot of technical issues, so I test features with a character before committing to a serious run. Right now I'm trying to figure out if these are glitches or just the result of not finding quests organically: I can't find Oren at Stendar's Beacon even after talking with Cassian, and Scorpius has nothing but generic dialogue options. Any chance there's a known fix for this? After speaking with Cassian, he should send you on a quest that uses a marker on Oren directly, is there no marker that appears whatsoever? As for Scorpios not having dialogue, it sounds like his associated quest did not fire, no quest means no dialogue. 8 hours ago, foreveraloneguy said: No, it's cursed outfit. At least one of them includes bimbo earrings. If you haven't gotten your ears pierced, earrings can't be equipped. And anything trying to equip them just starts a quest to get your ears pierced. Yeah, they all include earrings, at the very least maybe I can add a debug option that’s skips the nonsense of ear piercing requirements, I will definitely look into it 👍
grantupton Posted September 27 Posted September 27 46 minutes ago, grantupton said: Wut1968 - Hmm, what types of location scenarios do you choose? I typically use the "Hunter in the Forest" (by Riverwood) which "may" be causing some kind of issue ... perhaps. I'll try a few different ones and check. Hmm, and now it works (with the Hunter in the Forest scenario) ... strange ... not obvious changes on my end ... but I'll take the win anyway. 1
Wut1969 Posted September 27 Posted September 27 2 hours ago, grantupton said: Hmm, and now it works (with the Hunter in the Forest scenario) ... strange ... not obvious changes on my end ... but I'll take the win anyway. I had typed a long answer, but that is kinda obsolete by now. Glad it worked!
Wut1969 Posted September 27 Posted September 27 @SweetNectah and @foreveraloneguy: the earpiercing requirement from YPS can easily be switched off in the YPS MCM. There is no need for this mod to do anything about it, @foreveraloneguy can fix it himself.
foreveraloneguy Posted September 27 Posted September 27 So after some more play, I'm nearly certain that it's an issue between this mod and YPS when this mod tries to equip earrings on unpierced ears that causes my character to constantly sheath their weapon. My ideal fix for this would be to see if the PC has the perk "permanently pierced ears" (XX005E31) from yps-ImmersivePiercing.esp and skip equipping them if not. Or else add the two pierced ears perks at the same time the way the bimbo curse does.
SweetNectah Posted September 27 Author Posted September 27 3 hours ago, Strager said: Reveal hidden contents Any way to fix those ugly faces? SE version A face only a mother could love… I could probably tweak their looks as I work on the first set of fixes. I will try to keep it in mind. 2 hours ago, foreveraloneguy said: So after some more play, I'm nearly certain that it's an issue between this mod and YPS when this mod tries to equip earrings on unpierced ears that causes my character to constantly sheath their weapon. My ideal fix for this would be to see if the PC has the perk "permanently pierced ears" (XX005E31) from yps-ImmersivePiercing.esp and skip equipping them if not. Or else add the two pierced ears perks at the same time the way the bimbo curse does. I have a couple thoughts on it. YPS is paired too often with BOS for me not think to make this more compatible. For the time being, I suppose just turn it off in YPS or get your ears pierced, until I can look more closely at it and adjust accordingly.
jib_buttkiss Posted September 27 Posted September 27 (edited) 3 hours ago, SweetNectah said: I have a couple thoughts on it. YPS is paired too often with BOS for me not think to make this more compatible. For the time being, I suppose just turn it off in YPS or get your ears pierced, until I can look more closely at it and adjust accordingly. I'd suggest just automatically piercing the player's ears when you apply the earrings. It makes sense because they're magic or something whatever. I'll save you the time digging into YPS's documentation- it uses events so all you need to do is put SendModEvent("yps-PiercingEvent", "4", -1) in the script before you equip the earrings and it'll do it. No need to add dependencies on YPS or anything. It's the same way I handle it in the bimbo curse. Edited September 27 by jib_buttkiss 3
Wut1969 Posted September 28 Posted September 28 (edited) 6 hours ago, jib_buttkiss said: I'd suggest just automatically piercing the player's ears when you apply the earrings. It makes sense because they're magic or something whatever. I'll save you the time digging into YPS's documentation- it uses events so all you need to do is put SendModEvent("yps-PiercingEvent", "4", -1) in the script before you equip the earrings and it'll do it. No need to add dependencies on YPS or anything. It's the same way I handle it in the bimbo curse. That explains why I haven't seen questions about piercings in ages in the BoS thread. Does this mean that Sprawling Bimbos needs YPS as a master too? Or can you just send events to just any mod whether or not if it's actually installed and hope for the best? Edited September 28 by Wut1969
grantupton Posted September 29 Posted September 29 Not a biggie, but we seem to be lacking a quest marker for the initial Stendarr's Beacon visit (after reading the note on the dead body). The subsequent quest to find Oren does however have a marker as expected.
someperson1423 Posted September 29 Posted September 29 Just installed this mod and I really like it overall. Unique combat/spells that force lewd stuff onto the player seems surprisingly absent from most mods so I really like the idea of this. I will say that I'm starting a new run and have basically been instantly mobbed by multiple encounters. I had the settings to "sparse" and the pursuit CD to 48 hours and 2% chance and still ran into 5 or 6 encounter going from Helgan > Riverwood > Rorikstead. It seems like a lot for the lowest settings, especially at low level. I bumped it down to 1% pursuit chance and "empty" on encounters for now to see how it goes. I'd love an option for a level delay to start the encounters, sort of like what BoS has for the start of receiving letters. Being a lvl 1 and being forced out of your armor and to use a wooden sword against 4 opponents is pretty rough. Looking forward to leveling up a bit and seeing some of the higher end encounters and curses! 1
sep0_0 Posted October 3 Posted October 3 i can't find the shield could someone please tell me the location?
Wut1969 Posted Sunday at 04:38 AM Posted Sunday at 04:38 AM Spoiler On the road from the 3 standing stones to Riverwood, close to the stones and the mine you should find a dead vigilant. 1
Uhhnonymoose Posted Wednesday at 04:15 AM Posted Wednesday at 04:15 AM Just tossing a small request out there into the ether for anyone more intelligent and versed in this. I've been trying to use this mod and have all functionality. (Wonderful mod, by the way!) I only have one tiny issue. I know follower frameworks mess with the Oren genderbend and corruption, but I've had NFF installed in my load order for so long that I can't fathom running without it. I tried just adding an ignore token into Oren's inventory before recruitment in the hopes that I could keep him on the vanilla follower framework, but it seems NFF has latched its claws into Oren already. No amount of purging him from the framework/ignore token combo actually keeps him safe from being added right back into it. Any help would be appreciated, even if it's just telling me I'm a dummy and that it just won't work. All of the other aspects of the mod have been a wonderful addition to an absurd load order, all graces and goodwill to the mod author. Thanks a million, and have a wonderful day! ❤️ 1
Wut1969 Posted Wednesday at 06:26 AM Posted Wednesday at 06:26 AM (edited) 47 minutes ago, Uhhnonymoose said: Just tossing a small request out there into the ether for anyone more intelligent and versed in this. I've been trying to use this mod and have all functionality. (Wonderful mod, by the way!) I only have one tiny issue. I know follower frameworks mess with the Oren genderbend and corruption, but I've had NFF installed in my load order for so long that I can't fathom running without it. I tried just adding an ignore token into Oren's inventory before recruitment in the hopes that I could keep him on the vanilla follower framework, but it seems NFF has latched its claws into Oren already. No amount of purging him from the framework/ignore token combo actually keeps him safe from being added right back into it. Any help would be appreciated, even if it's just telling me I'm a dummy and that it just won't work. All of the other aspects of the mod have been a wonderful addition to an absurd load order, all graces and goodwill to the mod author. Thanks a million, and have a wonderful day! ❤️ I'm not saying you're a dummy, but I don't quite understand. Youre saying that Oren won't get corrupted even before -or- after you added him as a follower with NFF? In my previous preview I had Lydia as a follower with NFF and she did get corrupted. She never reached the point where she changed into a bimbo, but her body did change (I use that setting in BoS where the body morphs start during the corruption phase). So, NFF doesn't prevent followers to gain corruption per se. I can't say whether NFF prevents genderbends, but I kinda can imagine that it doesn't like that. Having said that, if you dismiss the follower right before they transorm, NFF should leave them alone I guess. Edit: I'm also not saying you're not a dummy. I lack information. 😜 Edited Wednesday at 07:03 AM by Wut1969 Clarification ;)
SweetNectah Posted Wednesday at 04:09 PM Author Posted Wednesday at 04:09 PM 11 hours ago, Uhhnonymoose said: Just tossing a small request out there into the ether for anyone more intelligent and versed in this. I've been trying to use this mod and have all functionality. (Wonderful mod, by the way!) I only have one tiny issue. I know follower frameworks mess with the Oren genderbend and corruption, but I've had NFF installed in my load order for so long that I can't fathom running without it. I tried just adding an ignore token into Oren's inventory before recruitment in the hopes that I could keep him on the vanilla follower framework, but it seems NFF has latched its claws into Oren already. No amount of purging him from the framework/ignore token combo actually keeps him safe from being added right back into it. Any help would be appreciated, even if it's just telling me I'm a dummy and that it just won't work. All of the other aspects of the mod have been a wonderful addition to an absurd load order, all graces and goodwill to the mod author. Thanks a million, and have a wonderful day! ❤️ 9 hours ago, Wut1969 said: I'm not saying you're a dummy, but I don't quite understand. Youre saying that Oren won't get corrupted even before -or- after you added him as a follower with NFF? In my previous preview I had Lydia as a follower with NFF and she did get corrupted. She never reached the point where she changed into a bimbo, but her body did change (I use that setting in BoS where the body morphs start during the corruption phase). So, NFF doesn't prevent followers to gain corruption per se. I can't say whether NFF prevents genderbends, but I kinda can imagine that it doesn't like that. Having said that, if you dismiss the follower right before they transorm, NFF should leave them alone I guess. Edit: I'm also not saying you're not a dummy. I lack information. 😜 Not super familiar with NFF but I recall there being an issue that Oren would have to be in the first follower slot. What I can confirm is that under the hood there is no actual “transformation.” Just a simple actor swap of two unique actors. Oren gets swapped with Orea when all conditions are met. I also recommend turning on the debug option for this transformation in the mcm for further information.
Wut1969 Posted Wednesday at 06:47 PM Posted Wednesday at 06:47 PM 2 hours ago, SweetNectah said: Not super familiar with NFF but I recall there being an issue that Oren would have to be in the first follower slot. What I can confirm is that under the hood there is no actual “transformation.” Just a simple actor swap of two unique actors. Oren gets swapped with Orea when all conditions are met. I also recommend turning on the debug option for this transformation in the mcm for further information. Yeah, I figured it was something like that. So as far as NFF is concerned, Orea is a totally different person than Oren and that will break things. I don't know enough about the different slots that NFF uses. I can imagine that Slot 1 the default Skyrim one, and if the others are a bit hacky, maybe that effects other mods like BoS. But no idea if that is the case.
Uhhnonymoose Posted yesterday at 04:19 AM Posted yesterday at 04:19 AM (edited) 13 hours ago, SweetNectah said: Not super familiar with NFF but I recall there being an issue that Oren would have to be in the first follower slot. What I can confirm is that under the hood there is no actual “transformation.” Just a simple actor swap of two unique actors. Oren gets swapped with Orea when all conditions are met. I also recommend turning on the debug option for this transformation in the mcm for further information. 10 hours ago, Wut1969 said: Yeah, I figured it was something like that. So as far as NFF is concerned, Orea is a totally different person than Oren and that will break things. I don't know enough about the different slots that NFF uses. I can imagine that Slot 1 the default Skyrim one, and if the others are a bit hacky, maybe that effects other mods like BoS. But no idea if that is the case. Thank you both for your responses! A bit more information, his corruption wasn't prevented and NFF has worked with BoS for as long as I can remember. The issue was popping up with the character swap. I didn't think to try moving Oren to the first (default) slot, and will definitely be doing so to further test things. I also didn't try dismissing him and sleeping to see if the genderbend went through, as I was under the impression that he had to be actively following for it to take place. I'll update when I have time to test things! Thank you so much! ❤️ Update! I can confirm for anyone else using NFF (If this happens to anyone else.) For the Oren genderbend to take effect, he must be occupying the "Game Slot" in the framework's slots and history tab (My brain must be extremely smooth for not just trying this initially.) All other aspects of Oren work just fine in tandem with the framework from what I can tell. Edited yesterday at 05:45 AM by Uhhnonymoose updated information 2
Lucky Sparrow Posted 20 hours ago Posted 20 hours ago On 9/22/2026 at 1:07 PM, Lucky Sparrow said: No I don't have any mods that affect tails. My issue is the freezes. That CTD may have been a one-off I've updated to 1.2 mid-game, and will try that area again. OK I've had numerous encounters with the roaming priests and guards and fighting and looting without any freezes. But when I went back to the ambush location on the cross-roads north of Rorikstead, it froze up again when I approached the NPCs for looting. I tried to approach from two different angles but both froze. However, when I fast traveled out and then came back, all was well. I've got a big mod list, but I'm unaware of having any mods that affect that area. I for sure have no structures or modified terrain. Has anyone else had problems there?
Wut1969 Posted 12 hours ago Posted 12 hours ago On 10/8/2026 at 6:19 AM, Uhhnonymoose said: Update! I can confirm for anyone else using NFF (If this happens to anyone else.) For the Oren genderbend to take effect, he must be occupying the "Game Slot" in the framework's slots and history tab (My brain must be extremely smooth for not just trying this initially.) All other aspects of Oren work just fine in tandem with the framework from what I can tell. Honestly, I'm amazed that NFF can handle the swap. I only made the switch to NFF recently because the previous follower mod I used was incompatible with another mod in my modlist, so I haven't really dug in into its features yet. But it seems it's a great choice.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now