SexLab Compatible Noble Bed Double 02 LE/SE

View File

A simple static mesh replacement for the Nobel Double Bed 2 (noblebeddouble02.nif) which removes the collision mesh from the upper beams. This prevents you and your NPCs from becoming trapped after using the bed for an SL animation.

This comes in two versions:

SexLab Compatible Noble Bed Double 02 v1.1

Just the collision mesh altered letting you clip through the beams.

SexLab Compatible Noble Bed Double 02 v1.1 No Beams

If you don't like the clipping then this removes the beams as well and leaves the posts.

Installation:

Drop the contents of the zip into your Skyrim Data folder. This should add meshes/furniture/noble/noblebeddouble02.nif

You should also be able to use a mod manager such as NMM.

Uninstallation:

Remove meshes/furniture/noble/noblebeddouble02.nif

Requirements:

None. You might find it useful even if you don't need it for SL.

Compatibility:

This will not be compatible with any mod that replaces the same mesh.

As of writing the Static Mesh Improvement Mod has not modified this piece of furniture so there shouldn't be a conflict.

The Unofficial Skyrim Patch replaces this mesh but it replaces it with a nif that is identical to the vanilla version. USP fixes a bug that prevents the player from accessing the use option on the bed from both sides but this has nothing to do with the nif so it's not clear why it's included in their archive. This replacer does not conflict with the fix and will override the USP supplied nif.

Issues:

I've tested in-game, of course, but not exhaustively. There may be places where the new collision mesh conflicts with placement. For instance, clutter may be displaced when entering a cell or there may be cells where it blocks the nav mesh (though I doubt it).

If you encounter any problems like this, let me know where and what and I'll see what I can do.

License:

Do as you please.

Q: There seems to be a missing texture on the bottom of the beams.

A: This is actually a problem with the vanilla mesh so far as I can tell - there is no surface on the underside to take a texture. You'll see that even without this mod. I'm not planning on fixing it as I imagine SMIM will get to it eventually.

Alternatives:

Noble Bed 02 Collision Fix

A similar replacer by Robo00 which uses the collision mesh from noblebeddouble01. This removes most of the collision from the upper part of the bed including the foot-posts, half the head-posts and the headboard and does not alter the object mesh at all. You may find this preferable if you don't like the 3rd-person camera bouncing off the posts.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/04/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible

No difference between this and the fix in the Unofficial Skyrim Patch . . .

Removing the beams may do something

Ah, sorry. Missed that one.

I'll leave this up as someone may prefer the beams removed rather than just the collision mesh.

Is there a version where the top and bottom of the bed (where the head and the feet go when laying down on it) still retains collision, and just the sides you can walk through?  I noticed that in the Hearthfire houses' Bedrooms wings, there's a shelf with pots behind the master bed, and the lack of collision causes the pots to fall right through.

Is there a version where the top and bottom of the bed (where the head and the feet go when laying down on it) still retains collision, and just the sides you can walk through?  I noticed that in the Hearthfire houses' Bedrooms wings, there's a shelf with pots behind the master bed, and the lack of collision causes the pots to fall right through.

I think it might be the opposite - the collision for the back of the bed might be a little too big and is causing the clutter to pop off the shelf behind it.

I'll do some experiments and see what I can do.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Updated with a version of the bed using a much reduced collision mesh on all parts.

The clutter displacement in the Hearthfire BYOH cells seems to be due to other factors since it's happening even when the bed has vanilla or no collision so this probably won't help. One frustrating thing about some of those items is that they're scaled down when spawned but picking them up into your inventory and dropping them returns them to scale 1.0. Took me ages to figure out that the jugs not fitting behind the bed had nothing to do with this mod.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Endorsed!

This is my second time downloading--I used the "keep the beams" version for qute some time, and just now decided to try the other one.

Job well done! I know some of these mods that fix single, specific issues don't get much praise, but you have mine! All of of these little fixes combined make for a much more immersive experience.

Thanks!

• 6 months later...

The mesh from the Unofficial Skyrim Patch adds the missing entry point on one side of the bed. Without that you can't sleep on the bed at the same time as your spouse. Mine never seems to go to sleep anyway. :-)

As far as I know the markers for the entry points are added to the bed form in CK and are not a part of the mesh at all. Last time I checked the bed mesh included in USP was identical to the vanilla version. So you should still get the benefit of the patch with this mod overriding the unofficial patch.

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I just can't express my delight! It's a masterpiece! Thank you so much!
One question: will such a bed have a "flag"/mark that it is for Dovakin?
Let me explain: when you build 3 manor, Huskarl and other NPS will not sleep in a bed for Dovakin. Will the bed from this mod be like that?

• 8 months later...
On 4/15/2019 at 7:41 PM, Delta1092 said:

I loved the mod for Oldrim! Now that I'm playing SSE, I'm trying to apply this same change to the beds provided by Gutmaw's snazzy mod. Any chance of a tutorial on how you accomplished this? I can't seem to figure it out... Thanks!

yeah me too. seems my Snazzy beds are blocking SL. any tutorial on fixing collision for those beds? or perhaps a patch

thanks

3 hours ago, Mookeylama said:

yeah me too. seems my Snazzy beds are blocking SL. any tutorial on fixing collision for those beds? or perhaps a patch

thanks

Got to be honest, I barely remember doing this. I know I loaded the NIF in Blender 2.49b to edit the collision mesh. Then I think I had to do something with another special-purpose tool to reintegrate the collision with the NIF file because it would not save properly from Blender. This was all back in the LE days, so the capabilities of the tools were significantly different, and any experience I could offer is going to be seriously out-of-date.

Might want to try loading up the files in the latest NIFSkope and see if there is a way to alter the collision meshes there.