Overrated games

Spectre_15

I have another overrated franchise, and I can already hear the screams of murderous intent against me when I say it... but Half Life.  

Tend to agree, the actually Half-life games weren't that great . I think it's debateable whether the franchise is overrated though, considering techincally it includes Team Fortress Classic - and I for one can't say I ever found any other PvP online multiplayer quite as much fun.

But Team Fortress isn't Half-Life.  Just because they're in the same continuity doesn't mean that one is the other.  Almost every Marvel or DC movie are in the same continuity... so does that mean that if you don't like... Captain America, it means that you automatically hated Ironman?  And yes, I know Ironman sucked, but it's just an example.

Angry Birds-  Five minutes and I was out and haven't picked it up since.

This is one of the few games that, despite that I don't like, I don't feel it's overrated.  I can see why people like this game.  It's the same as Final Fantasy VII, Secret of Mana, Super Mario World, and the Call of Duty Games: While I don't like them, I do understand why people do.

Modern Military Shooters(CoD, BF4 etc)

Most 3rd person shooters.(Gears of War etc)

Final fantasy games.

Zelda games.

Pokemanz.

Bioshocks.

TF2.

Halos.

Ass creeds.

Borderlands.

All of it is the same dribble and highly uninspired cabbage.

Please explain how Pokemon is uninspired.  Sure, it's basically the same game every generation, but with a new region and Pokemon, but the way you wrote it, it sounds like the entire franchise is uninspired.  The idea was revolutionary in its time, and with only one bad generation (my opinion) of pokemon, yet a little over 700 Pokemon (spoiler alert: 721 including unreleased events), plus Mega Evolution Pokemon, it feels pretty inspired.

Dont get me wrong.  If you feel like Pokemon is overrated, that's your opinion and you're welcome to have it.  However, you need to support your opinion with more than "its uninspired cabbage".

Urm, any unmodded rpg by Bethesda. While containing a shitload of content, the games also have a lot of really clunky features and feel more than a little diluted. They're certainly not bad but I can't for my life understand why they all have gotten such stellar reviews.

Want another overrated franchise that I know someone is going to slice my throat for?  Banjo-Kazooee.  Yes, these games are decent, but I've never been in love with these games.  For the N64, maybe this was the best platforming series, but this series needs to be knocked off its pedestal for the better platformers out there.  All you need to do is go over to the PS2 and you can find a much better platformer in Ratchet and Clank.

My favorite 3d platformer is probably the Ratchet and Clank series, because once again, they're games with personality.  Fun platforming, INSANE weapons, and an overall great feel for these games.  Sure, these came out after Mario 64, but to be honest, I cant think of a really good platformer from that time.  If I had to choose a best platformer of that time, I'd probably choose Conker, but even that isn't a very good game as far as controls are concerned.  As a game, Conker is nothing special.  However, as an overall package, Conker is fucking amazing, due to the insane amount of humor and over the top antics.  However, my favorite platformer is probably Super Meat Boy.

My list of overrated games:

FIFA: There is just so much wrong with this game. It really is less fun than drowning.

Football Manager: Don't get me wrong, I love this series, but SI are really taking the piss now. Every new version is just an updated database and a new UI with looks that only a mother could love and an "improved match engine" but in reality they are still using the same match engine from 2010-2011. Not worth the £35 every year.

Assassin's Creed: Some of my favourite games ever but, and I never thought I'd say this, I am beginning to fall out of love with this series for three reasons; 1) Optional objectives for 100% sync; GET RID. If you want me to achieve a kill-streak of three then place three enemies around me that attack me, not two. 2) the player character will still jump left when you are quite blatantly pushing the analogue stick right. 3) Combat system; from AC3 to Liberation you no longer quickly dispose of your enemies like Ezio did, you slash them 3-4 sometimes 5 times before finishing them off, I thought they were Assassin's not butchers?

• 4 weeks later...

Call of Duties

everyone thiks it's the BEST GAME EVER MADE,but it's always the same thing over and over again(with minor changes)

CoD is MOST OVERATED GAME EVER MADE, even battlefield has better storyline (even it has really short story :P )

Fable 3

Red Alert 3

Diablo 3

CnC series after EA bought Westwood Studio and butchered it

Final Fantasy X onward

MGSR Revengeance

Assassin Creed (some of it)

Games that require Origin/Uplay to play and have the fucking unneeded always online DRM. We bought it with our hard-earned money, now let we play it whenever or wherever we damn well please!

redalert 2 and CnC generals is great game, i used to play multiplayer with my friend even after CnC3 come out 

diablo 3 is seriously a turndown after waiting long time and expensive prices (it dropped alot by now), even diablo 2 has better storyline and multiplayer (i dont really care about new 3d graphic, great magic effect and shining stuff :dodgy: )

tomb rider series

enjoy...

in what?!?

enjoy.. nude mod obviously  :D

but it lack of breast movement physic  :@

honestly i never really play this game (or other title from this franchaise) for more than 3 days, i really hate being lost inside cave / old temple, or repeat the whole puzzle just because miss step or jumping failure  :P

How about guitar hero?  For me the first couple of games were really fun at parties,  but it takes no skill whatsoever.  Had friends that would go on for days about how awesome they were at the game.  I mean that's great that you can press five or six buttons in sync with some music,  but how about picking up a real guitar.  I don't mean to gloat at all,  but shit ain't that easy and it took me 20 plus years to get halfway decent.  

Archived