Amox's ChocoElf Recretaion Research

Only reason why I feel Moonshadow Gray eyes were used was due to the \"redness\" around the sclera. And of course' date=' the gray color was a dead giveaway.[/quote']

Yeah, also notice these four interrupted lines which are around the pupil. And please, don't bring these old tries of making this gal :D So embarassing ^^

True. Sorry, didn't mean to haunt you or anything lol. And your character is seriously starting to look like Kari's, now. Yes, the eyes are going to be a bitch to figure out lol.

As a side note, I definitely see why there was a reason to make a backup of the female .nif files inside the _male folder when applying the glossy skin effect provided by pink. The effect is supposed to work on all female characters ingame so long as they're nude. Initially, that is not a problem. The issue lies when they are stripped naked or engage in xLovers. There's a clear distinction between the non-glossy heads and the glossy bodies. This may not be a problem for most people but for me it is a little bothersome as the neck seams are emphasized once again and the overall body just doesn't match up with the head. So now, I'm faced with a decision as to whether or not to make the heads glossy as well.

Also on the flip side is the skin not showing pink's glossy effect when wearing clothes that change the body mesh type; case in point, the DMRA body style. I could just as easily modify these so they do show the correct effect through Nifskope but now the DMRA body will work well only on female characters whose faces are set to glossy. So ultimately, if I really want everything to match, I will now have to make both the heads and the DMRA clothing glossy.

It's a tedious and repetitive kind of work and I can see why the backups were necessary. If I had to compare the glossy thing to programming, then we're pretty much "hardcoding values in", which any programmer will tell you is a no-no unless truly necessary and/or trivial. Everything should be dynamic, so there has to be a way for the glossy effect to apply regardless of what clothes or head mesh is used, although seeing as how even SetBody is under the mercy of the clothing that the character wears I fear it may be impossible then...

True. Sorry, didn't mean to haunt you or anything lol. And your character is seriously starting to look like Kari's, now. Yes, the eyes are going to be a bitch to figure out lol.

Beginning is the hardest stage of making a face ;D Now we have to think how to import such a face into the Construction Set. Anybody have an idea?

As a side note, I definitely see why there was a reason to make a backup of the female .nif files inside the _male folder when applying the glossy skin effect provided by pink. The effect is supposed to work on all female characters ingame so long as they're nude. Initially, that is not a problem. The issue lies when they are stripped naked or engage in xLovers. There's a clear distinction between the non-glossy heads and the glossy bodies. This may not be a problem for most people but for me it is a little bothersome as the neck seams are emphasized once again and the overall body just doesn't match up with the head. So now, I'm faced with a decision as to whether or not to make the heads glossy as well.

Thank God I'm loyal to the Chocolate Elves. It seems that you'd have to use glossy textures for all the races? Maybe changing the glossiness to 100.00 in every head mesh used by them?

Also on the flip side is the skin not showing pink's glossy effect when wearing clothes that change the body mesh type; case in point, the DMRA body style. I could just as easily modify these so they do show the correct effect through Nifskope but now the DMRA body will work well only on female characters whose faces are set to glossy. So ultimately, if I really want everything to match, I will now have to make both the heads and the DMRA clothing glossy.

Beginning is the hardest stage of making a face ;D Now we have to think how to import such a face into the Construction Set. Anybody have an idea?

Thank God I'm loyal to the Chocolate Elves. It seems that you'd have to use glossy textures for all the races? Maybe changing the glossiness to 100.00 in every head mesh used by them?

I think Nightvision had mentioned something about importing faces pages ago at Hongfire, though unfortunately I can't remember where exactly. It's possible Wrye Bash has to be used but for some reason I still can't seem to understand how to utilize the program, I actually feel stupid for saying it, too, as I feel like an old man pitted against new technology (and I'm not old lol). Anyway, I've always been under the impression that the CS is meant to modify NPCs, not actual PCs, so unless there's a way for us to mess around with our saves through the CS then there's a possibility that Kari's Chocolate Elf might actually be a companion rather than her own character....

Yeah, that's one of the solutions to the problem, which is to make every head mesh 100 glossy and so forth. But now, we are still faced with the issue of clothes that affect the body mesh, like the DMRA that I mentioned. So I have to glossify DMRA too. I mean, don't get me wrong, I know how to do it and it's really not hard at all, but the problem is having to do it for ALL of them and for possible clothes in the future. To put it in a nutshell: it's gonna get messy. Even with documentation lol.

Thoughts:

Besides oiling every female in the world (and their armors) up, there might be another theoretical way around this dilemma I think, though I haven't tested any of this in practice. Unless I'm mistaken, the SetBody mods don't use the default body meshes at all (except when you reset your body), so you won't have to touch that, thus not changing the look of any other female. All you're changing then is

• the head mesh, which is race-specific (meaning you have to play a unique race; if you want to play a race that there exist NPCs of, you're going to have to make a copy of the race, so that you get your own head mesh);
  • one of the SetBody body mesh sets, and then applying this to yourself only;
  • the armor/clothing you want to wear. This is obviously an issue, since you once again want to avoid sharing armor meshes with others. For non-skimpy armor this isn't really a problem; it's only noticeable on armors that show a great amount of skin. You can probably solve this by using duplicate meshes once again, or more simply by using different armor from the NPCs :)

I might be wrong - I'm a hacker, not really a moddersomeone teach me 3d modelling ( ._.), first time I played Oblivion was maybe two weeks ago - but this is how I understand things from initially messing around with stuff.

Oh right, almost forgot: the face shots of your characters posted above are _gorgeous_ and your work is an inspiration to us all :3

Maybe VORB will be an answer for this ??? VORB What this does make everyone unique all armor don't have skin mesh added to it witch means only the unique skin will show. So if you have a unique skin with glossy then the armor will show your glossy skin on the armor.

I think someone of hongfire showed a tool in witch you can easily change glossy to 100 without messing with nisfscope. I tried it and works well. i think the file is called GlossyMax GlossyMax

I'll try to look into it later as I'm not on my actual computer right now. But' date=' do you know if this program is "smart" enough to modify the body attached to the clothing in the .nif file? The reason I ask is because I noticed that on DMRA clothing mods the glossy effect should only apply to the body associated, and not the actual clothing itself. If I were to do this on Nifskope, what I have to do is manually click on the body itself (since by default the clothing is selected) and then change the skin material's glossy settings. Only then will it work ingame. Because otherwise, I'm only changing the clothing's glossiness.

Thoughts:

Besides oiling every female in the world (and their armors) up, there might be another theoretical way around this dilemma I think, though I haven't tested any of this in practice. Unless I'm mistaken, the SetBody mods don't use the default body meshes at all (except when you reset your body), so you won't have to touch that, thus not changing the look of any other female. All you're changing then is

• the head mesh, which is race-specific (meaning you have to play a unique race; if you want to play a race that there exist NPCs of, you're going to have to make a copy of the race, so that you get your own head mesh);
  • one of the SetBody body mesh sets, and then applying this to yourself only;
  • the armor/clothing you want to wear. This is obviously an issue, since you once again want to avoid sharing armor meshes with others. For non-skimpy armor this isn't really a problem; it's only noticeable on armors that show a great amount of skin. You can probably solve this by using duplicate meshes once again, or more simply by using different armor from the NPCs :)

I might be wrong - I'm a hacker, not really a moddersomeone teach me 3d modelling ( ._.), first time I played Oblivion was maybe two weeks ago - but this is how I understand things from initially messing around with stuff.

Oh right, almost forgot: the face shots of your characters posted above are _gorgeous_ and your work is an inspiration to us all :3

I haven't tried the SetBody tip you mentioned but you've reinforced my point when you mentioned your third bullet: manually "updating" the armor/clothing. And that's a lot. Speaking of which...

Maybe VORB will be an answer for this ??? VORB What this does make everyone unique all armor don't have skin mesh added to it witch means only the unique skin will show. So if you have a unique skin with glossy then the armor will show your glossy skin on the armor.

This is a good alternative but unfortunately it only applies to stock armor and clothing (for the time being), err at least that's what the creator of the mod has said. But again, I haven't tried it yet so I'm not sure of anything right now.

I am not sure. this is what the readme says.

GlossMax

-What this?

The maximum gross area of the skin mesh. Will be shiny.

-Install & Uninstall

Please put appropriate place.

Please just delete the folder becomes Iranaku.

Windows 2000 / Windows XP if I run. Since Vista is not understood.

-Usage

Start Windows Explorer GlossMax.exe. Nif D & D files please.

When you add a lot of omission because the UI Sutappu? But the ends of them relieved.

Log status

Success - successful rewrite.

Skip - Skip rewritten because there was no target.

Fail - some error has occurred, failed to rewrite.

If Fail, NIF or not the file remains open, and please make sure that it is not read-only.

-Option

Check the file with the NIF D & D are set to default values then gloss.

* The default value is the mesh system (HGEC) is a thing of value has been set.

NIF in the target file does not revert to the original value was previously set is not so, please note.

-Iroiro

Material name only works if the skin or Skin. Otherwise it is skipped.

NIF file formats have no knowledge at all. Sometimes files are corrupted Bukkake worst.

-History

20090706 1.0 Release

* Author for all problems caused by this tool are not responsible. But an apology does. I'm sorry. (・ Ω ・)

It applies it to the skin it self. Not clothes. If it can't find the skin on the clothes then it will use the skip, so it does not modify the clothes to glossyness.

I have used this GlossMax tool for my skin, and later for my armors/clothes too when I found out it didn't look right. And after this, it was all good. I don't know if this is much of an answer, but I can say that it does fix the different color of the skin after equiping a different armor.

Verice (killthenoob2 on hongfire)  ::)

Material name only works if the skin or Skin. Otherwise it is skipped.

This will work on _most_ armors (the ones that have been created properly, meaning all the stock armors and most custom stuff), yeah. I just did something similar, fixing a texture error on a piece of clothing I found. Apparently, if a piece of material on the mesh is named "skin", and the texture is in the "textures\characters\imperial\" directory, it seems the game replaces the texture with your character texture automagically; so, the materials one wants to change are only the ones named like this (unless the mesh creator has screwed up, like in my case :v ).

Either way, if this mod does what it says it does, it'll work.

edit: I've also done some preliminary testing using the "BBB Designer" mod for SetBody stuff. Results are strange, but promising; I can now have the same bodytype as everyone else, but with exactly the right amount of oil :) . I'll post some pictures of what I mean once I get it cleaned up a little. For me, the armor thing isn't that much of an issue, since I don't use stock armors anyway (but then I have yet to get to level 2 with my character!).

edit2: This is how it works. I tried to make a neat pose out of it but I don't have a companion, the NPCs aren't cooperating, and very strange things happen when you try to pose with a clone of yourself...

Either way: Choco #1 on the left has a glossier version of the HGEC H LL body set by the Designer; Choco #2 on the right has the default HGEC H LL body (every female in the world has this one). The graphics settings are pretty crappy for this shot but the difference should be visible.

screenshot4kn.png

There was one inconsistency, when i used the glossy on Breton it worked. But now i tried the same for imperial it looked the same. No change to glossy at all ?? I tried resetting the face then recreating it but no avail.

Either way: Choco #1 on the left has a glossier version of the HGEC H LL body set by the Designer; Choco #2 on the right has the default HGEC H LL body (every female in the world has this one). The graphics settings are pretty crappy for this shot but the difference should be visible.

Yep! The one on the left has really oily skin while the right one looks like she had just a few drops of it.

jzLNe.jpg

Here are some shots from few angles. I love saving like 100 times, while computer is getting angry and crashing the game. I'm pretty satisfied by what I've done so far. The major thing I need is importing this face to CS Facegen so I can finally set the eyes. Going to sleep, 'til morning.

@ Everyone: Thanks for the tip regarding GlossyMax. It worked! I guess I was worried for nothing lol.

@ Amox: Good one! Your elf is becoming more and more like Kari's now, for sure. I look forward to the result of your CS Facegen tomorrow. :)

As for me, I continued to tweak mine a bit as well. Aside from the obvious hair change, the differences are subtle in this one, yet at the same time they've at least made the elf look a little more Asian.

9HrR.jpg

Woah. The third shot is absolutely great! Now I'm fighting with Wrye Bash so I can finally get this thing working.

@edit

Ehh. I've installed everything tjhat Wrye Bash needs but when I launch it nothing happens. Anybody knows how to make this thing work?

Yes Amox, I had the same thing.

If you read the wyrebash.html in the folder, it tells you a couple of things you can do. You can check the bugdump in the folder and it will probably say what you're missing, but if it isn't there, or if it is empty, you have to try another method. At my system, the bugdump didn't show so I used the method with using the command shell. How to do this is described in the html file. After you done this, the bugdump generates inside that commandshell, it gives you a couple of lines... Those will probably give you an idea of the problem. When I encountered this problem, I was missing a program. I used the download link in the html file and installed it, and it worked! :)

I wish you good luck  ;D

Some of that stuff there is what I've been looking for.

But the XeoRC4 stuff is in .esm

So I can't exactly change that order.

I'm currently using

(MBP) Modular Beautiful People 2ch-Edition (Full)

and for my Chocolate Elf(Ren) is

(MBPpp) Beautiful People 2ch-Edition Module - Chocolate Elves

I was on the Japanese site for those other mods but I couldn't find the downloads.

Welcome fellow modders.

For past few days I've been trying to recreate the ryu44's ChocoElf which can bee seen of his promo screens of Xeo. Many of Wolfore and Hongfire modders were trying to make a copy of her. Sadly unsuccesfully. Here in this thread I want to share with you my thoughts and what I've learned. Let's start the discussion.

miniAKIBA at Hongfire suspected that ryu44 was using his private meshes for that face as his attempts were a failure. From the screens we can say that she has definetely different mouth than normal Chocolate Elves Xeo.

Comparison

ESLKJ.jpg

As you can see' date=' her lips are a bit triangle-shaped.[/size']

The other case that needs to be solved are face textures. As far as I'm concerned the released textures don't fit the actual ones presented on the screenshots. Our Chocolate Elves Xeo have a bit greyish face. It doesn't look like chocolate, that's for sure. Just look at it yourself!

20101024044424b97s.jpgbun1s.jpgchoco429s.jpgScreenShot23s.jpg

Compared to these:

#1 #2 #3

You can definetely tell the difference now, don't you?

I've reinstalled the whole MBP and Xeo to see if I just missed something. NO! Apart from missing the Chocolate Elves Xeo (those with pierced ears) nothing has changed.. except one thing. I've discovered that Chocolate Elves with Ren's head mesh have pretty similar texture:

Difference between Chocolate Elf (Ren) and Chocolate Elf Xeo Female

The Chocolate Elf (Ren) looks almost exactly like ChocoElf from ryu44's screens! Now miniAKIBA's assumption that our modder has been using different head mesh may be true.

jkPjn.jpg

The lips comparison between ChocoElf and Chocolate Elf (Ren)

What do you think about it? Please, I'm open for a discussion!

I suspect Ryu44 has a private head mesh he hasn't released, as the difference in the lips is pretty noticeable. So unless someone here knows how to modify meshes we may be out of luck T_T

The skin texture is a lot easier to fix, though. Anyone with photoshop can fix the  textures to make them more brown and less gray. I could do that myself :)

I suspect Ryu44 has a private head mesh he hasn't released, as the difference in the lips is pretty noticeable. So unless someone here knows how to modify meshes we may be out of luck T_T

Nope. Look at the other screens (after we managed to change the glossiness, thanks to pink). The difference in the first post is a result of the standard meshes' glossiness which was 10.00. After setting it to 100.00 the changes of texture was diametrical. Besides I was even too excited to changed the "drawn/pursed" mouth slider, but the main idea of this comparision was to show that both lips were a bit triangle-shaped.

Now that we have almost everything set Choco Elves' face look exactly as their archetype's:

UrAyl.jpg

The skin texture is a lot easier to fix, though. Anyone with photoshop can fix the  textures to make them more brown and less gray. I could do that myself :)

I think it's the OBGE's that he's using fault. Look that the overall saturation on this picture is a bit lower.

I was on the Japanese site for those other mods but I couldn't find the downloads.

Luckily for those who don't like to browse through Japanese and Chinese forums, thesin has provided DL links, check his post. Then get yourself XeoRC4, which is essential if it comes to beautiful characters.