This is the OnLocationChange event causing those errors:

Event OnLocationChange(Location akOldLoc, Location akNewLoc)
	AmorousSpouse.GetActorRef().EvaluatePackage()
endEvent

Assuming this script is associated with player's location change, if AmorousSpouse is unassigned getting those errors on everytime you change location is inevitable. Actually this piece of code looks pretty redundant even if there's a valid reference for AmorousSpouse. If your spouse isn't with you why bother to update its AI package?

All: Regarding Papyrus errors related to an OnLocationChange event, that error should be harmless and yes, it occurs if you do not have a spouse at the time. However I will make sure that the error is suppressed in the next update.

1.1 an update may be very hit and miss even if all instructions are followed. I had to make a few changes to the way things were stored in order to make the 3 way dialogue work the way I wanted. Unfortunately this happens sometimes at the beginning of any new project. If you continue to experience issues I suggest trying to roll back to a save before you installed SE 1.0 and try 1.1 on that instead. Due to how shit Skyrim handles certain changes mid game my hands are tied. I was able to verify that the procedure I outlined worked on my own PC but that is only one data point and the rest is outside my control.

As always, please make backups to your save games. The party is just getting started, so to speak.

Edit: replying to above poster: that line was added in order to make the Entry Events be more responsive when you enter your home. Sometimes it can take a long time for AI packages to be reevaluated. However I should have checked whether or not AmorousSpouse.GetRef() is not equal to none. I'll do that next time.

It isn't redundant insomuch that the system is event driven and the location change is the event. I should have caught unpopulated alias in the event itself. (OnLocationChange is not a subscribe event that I can register and unregister at will)

Just a bit of an update on my issue:

I managed to get this mod to start up - the proper spells were added to my inventory, anyway - but it doesn't look like it's recognizing Gorr as my husband - he gets the "You've been a good friend to me and my husband" dialogue to initiate the three-way - but he himself doesn't get the "My love . . ." options. Not sure if that helps with your testing of things at all.

If you want to get rid of that papyrus error regarding OnLocationChange event do this.

1. First of all, check if the AmorousSpouse alias is empty (i.e. NONE). To see this use the sqv _SE_MainQuest console command. If you see the following line then skip to step 2.

REF 'AmorousSpouse' -> NONE

2. Type help _SE_MainQuest and get the ID of the quest, should be something like xx000D62. Then type in the following commands.

SSQ xx000D62
    player.ForceRefIntoAlias AmorousSpouse

This basically makes you your own spouse until you find an actual spouse. Kind of makes sense, doesn't it? :D

This shouldn't affect anything (unless the mod does other things with a non-existing spouse) since the player doesn't have any AI packages and you won't see that papyrus error again.

As for the actual script, it needs a check for whether or not the spouse and player are both in the same cell/location. In fact, why not attach the onlocationchange event to the AmorousSpouse alias instead of player?

PS. To revert back the changes above:

SSQ xx000D62
EmptyRefAlias AmorousSpouse

As for the actual script, it needs a check for whether or not the spouse and player are both in the same cell/location.

That's a very good point. I'll check for None and Location.

In fact, why not attach the onlocationchange event to the AmorousSpouse alias instead of player?

Because I don't care when the spouse changes locations. I only care when the player does. That event is raised on the actor that changes locations, not when a location change (for the player) occurs in general.

In fact, why not attach the onlocationchange event to the AmorousSpouse alias instead of player?

Because I don't care when the spouse changes locations. I only care when the player does. That event is raised on the actor that changes locations, not when a location change (for the player) occurs in general.

I suppose the evp is there to force the spouse do something (greet the player etc.) when the player enters the same cell/location through the story manager, right? In that's case yes my suggestion wouldn't make any sense. I assumed the spouse is travelling with the player.

hello, i had a problem with the mod not showing "my love..." dialogue, however, it showed up once i uncheck a mod called "UFO" with its addon for heartfire. I'm assuming this mod is incompatible with UFO, so if any UFO user having a problem with "my love..." option not showing up, this might fix it. =D

EDIT: also, i'm aware that you can give an outfit to your spouse to wear/roleplay, how about your spouse asking you to wear an outfit that he/she chose for you to wear, ie: chicken outfit.... why are you looking at me like that? D;, anyway, it might a good foreplay with custom armor?

I think making separate slot for his/her preferred outfit it's a good idea.

I have a couple of compatibility questions.  I'm wondering if SexLab Aroused or Sexlab Describe could poses conflicts with your mod.  Describe basically just details the events going on in 'descriptive' detail.  While that might conflict, I'm far less worried about it than SexLab Aroused, which actively modifies the player and NPC arousal levels, something I think your mod also does.  I love you mod and would willing give up these mods if they conflict, if you are aware of any.

using 1.1 (along with other 187 mods, including 6 for sexlab and 10 script heavy like smart cast, frostfall , COT and Better Vampires) and no problems so far... I was pretty sure I was gonna have issues with AFT (amazing Followers Tweaks, since my wife is a follower) but they seem to be playing nice (married to modded Brelyna Maryon) I was checking my pappirus log and I saw several warnings mostly from "Animated Prostitution" (which STILL has scripts on my save even tho I uninstalled it like 1 month ago following the author's instructions).

Wanted to say: Thanks!, nice mod that increases the immersion on the really bland skyrim version of marriage!

PS: for those that don't see the "my love.." dialogue ... try waiting 24 hrs (game time with wait function) ... I had the same issue...but I had the same issue with other sexlabs mobs and even AFT .. the mod manager in skyUI takes some time to register new menus too ... happens normaly when you have several scripts running.

PS2: I DO have some CTD...but not caused by Spouses Enhanced, atm Enhanced Migthy Dragons is giving me some trouble (specially the dragons that use aoe lighting strikes... dunno why..lol)

So here's what I'm doing:

1) A lot of back-end optimization. It's nothing that most of you will ever see, other than things will "work better". This includes getting outfits to just work better.

2) Adding outfit drawers for specific roleplay scenarios.

3) Followers! Getting in-the-field intimacy that makes sense.

4) Investigating compatibility with Marriable Serana.

5) Investigating compatibility with Interesting NPCs.

Hm still not getting "my love" dialogue options even after waiting for 24 hours like 5 times and saving and exiting and reloading a few times.

I have a custom follower that I'm using that uses the vanilla marriage system, and she's not in currently following me, she's just wandering around the house like usual.

I don't get the dialogue to open, and only get the usual stuff like how are the kids, cook for meh, profits from the shop, and weirdly she's running a store like a regular merchant? that I can sell and access? Dunno bout that, but no "my love" dialogue showing up.

Haven't tried it yet, but I get the feeling that this will conflict with Cerwiden.  Not normally marriable (yet), but when added to the marriage faction regular marriage mechanics work on her.  That said, it's the outfit systems I think would cause real issue with her.  Cerwiden comes with her own default (unchangeable) outfits that she rotates through on her own if allowed to.

Based on "Spouse Enhance ver1.0" I did a quick test with Cerwiden (did the "addfac 19809 1" console command of course...how in the world I can remember this is beyond me) and other than Ceri's partially dubbed spouse dialogues mingled with vanilla "young and eager" voice, I do not see any major issue. I disabled Cerwiden's outfit management, as it is a bit too limited and I let other mods managed her outfits.

Other SexLab mods work just fine but with this mod I keep getting CTDs when selecting seemingly random dialogue options to start sex with the spouse. I choose one of the dialogue options and wait for the animation to start but the game immediately closes without giving any errors and returns to desktop. This sometimes occurs on second or third sex attempt after a successful one.

Other SexLab mods work just fine but with this mod I keep getting CTDs when selecting seemingly random dialogue options to start sex with the spouse. I choose one of the dialogue options and wait for the animation to start but the game immediately closes without giving any errors and returns to desktop. This sometimes occurs on second or third sex attempt after a successful one.

This is actually a behavior I've always experienced (occasional crashing at the start of an act), with any SexLab mod (Submit, etc). I believe it has to do with using a skeleton replacer on some systems; it only occurs when the player or NPC removes armor. If you temporarily uninstall whatever skeleton replacer you're using, the problem will most likely go away. In terms of implementation, I'm using SexLab as it was designed to be used.

I rolled back a save where I could still interact with my spouse (aka. Where Ysolda hadn't enjoyed her self upon my entry to our home). The mod is now working great after the update!

On a separate note: Is there a safe / Spouses Enhanced way to 'refresh' your marriage? As in divorce and marry someone else OR the same person as before, without messing anything up? Asking in advance if Serana will someday be made compatible with SE, I'd wanna 'upgrade' my wife if you know what I mean *winkwink* *nudgenudge*

I tried this self made bat file (got the ID:s from some youtube video):

; Running divorce commands...
removefac 51596 ; Removing spouse from Marriage Faction...
player.removefac C6472 ; Removing player from Marriage Faction...
resetquest 74793 ; Reseting Marriage Quests 1/2...
resetquest 21382 ; Reseting Marriage Quests 2/2...
setstage 74793 10 ; Beginning Marriage Quest...

But my new wife (vanilla spouse), wasn't detected by SE.

You ask for ideas for 'entry events' (I assume you mean entering the house), so here are a few off the top of my head:

1) player enters house and is at once flashed by (possibly masturbating) spouse who (using the prepared meal dialogue) invites the player to taste 'something fresh'. A more aggressive vocal line (taken from the Orc guard in Markarth jail) would be 'Get down there!'

2) player enters house to find spouse being ravished by home-invader bandits. Violent rescue ensues, followed by consensual marital sex

3) player enters house to find spouse drinking with a friend who has already given player (secret) consent to do a threesome when time is right. Guess what? The time is right. You would need a good immersive dialogue to make this believable, but that should present no problems for a modder of your talents

4) player enters house to be treated to a fashion show of outfits from spouse's wardrobe. Spouse then asks player to choose one for spouse to wear during sex. Or player can let spouse choose.

5) If house is a hearthfire house and has a steward. Player asks steward (male or female) to have sex with spouse while player watches, then player joins in for threesome. This would mean mix and match of twosome and threesome anims, but that should be possible. . . .

Another possibility . . .

Why shouldn't "Entry Events" be triggered by entering the property, not just the house? I am again thinking of hearthfire houses, which have significant plots of land. Spouses sometimes hang out outside (at least they do with the AFT "dismiss but hang out here" command). There are lots of places on the estate that have rich Spouses Enhanced potential. Think blacksmith tables ("hammer this"), gardens ("what better place to plant your seed?"), and (above all) open air verandahs. What more romantic place to have marital sex than the deck you built with your own hands at Lakeview Manor, at sunset overlooking the lake while birds chirrup around you? You could even put a portable bed out there (there is a nexus mod for making beds out of animal skins). There is also a nice lakeside porch at Honeyside in Riften that would just the right mix of privacy and risk (for the "risky places" theme discussed earlier in this thread)

Hm, is the PC always the dominant one? I'm writing because I play a female PC and she's always the one wearing the strap on (male partner). Not sure if I forgot to read or toggle something.

It is not always that way but it's possible I missed something. It's a reason why I'm essentially rewriting how events / acts occur.

This is going to get a little technical but bare with me.

Most all of the code to start an act is on a script "fragment" that sits on the dialogue entry that starts it. The problem is that I essentially have to write everything over again each time I add a new act, and have to rewrite some / ALL of them if I fix bug. Code duplication is very bad.

I am now following a process that just makes the fragment call a single function on another "real" script, which is where all of the action code will live from now on. I have also written a (pretty sweet, if I may say so) SexLab ThreadBuilder function that starts and manages SexLab threads and animation selection the same way, each and EVERY time. So, bugs have a much harder time of hiding and I only have to fix a problem once. So the problem you're describing, if I fixed it in the ThreadBuilder, I would have likely fixed it everywhere by extension.

This was the back end optimization I mentioned earlier. It will be worth it in the long run.

The merchant behavior is normal for spouses in the vanilla game.

If it's a custom follower I can't guarantee that it will work right now. Even if it supposedly uses the default marriage system.

Was this an upgrade from 1.0?

No it was a clean save, I started a new game, using version 1.1