Other SexLab mods work just fine but with this mod I keep getting CTDs when selecting seemingly random dialogue options to start sex with the spouse. I choose one of the dialogue options and wait for the animation to start but the game immediately closes without giving any errors and returns to desktop. This sometimes occurs on second or third sex attempt after a successful one.

This is actually a behavior I've always experienced (occasional crashing at the start of an act), with any SexLab mod (Submit, etc). I believe it has to do with using a skeleton replacer on some systems; it only occurs when the player or NPC removes armor. If you temporarily uninstall whatever skeleton replacer you're using, the problem will most likely go away. In terms of implementation, I'm using SexLab as it was designed to be used.

If my custom skeleton (XPMS) was the reason of CTDs, the game would crash every time the same PC/NPC couple attempt to have sex and would also crash with other SexLab mods. This is more like some situation with this mod that isn't handled well.

How does the mod handle a situation where a follower agreed to join you in a sex act but it's not actually there in the same cell when the sex act starts? Is that a situation that would crash the game?

Other SexLab mods work just fine but with this mod I keep getting CTDs when selecting seemingly random dialogue options to start sex with the spouse. I choose one of the dialogue options and wait for the animation to start but the game immediately closes without giving any errors and returns to desktop. This sometimes occurs on second or third sex attempt after a successful one.

This is actually a behavior I've always experienced (occasional crashing at the start of an act), with any SexLab mod (Submit, etc). I believe it has to do with using a skeleton replacer on some systems; it only occurs when the player or NPC removes armor. If you temporarily uninstall whatever skeleton replacer you're using, the problem will most likely go away. In terms of implementation, I'm using SexLab as it was designed to be used.

If my custom skeleton (XPMS) was the reason of CTDs, the game would crash every time the same PC/NPC couple attempt to have sex and would also crash with other SexLab mods. This is more like some situation with this mod that isn't handled well.

How does the mod handle a situation where a follower agreed to join you in a sex act but it's not actually there in the same cell when the sex act starts? Is that a situation that would crash the game?

The situation you're referring to is impossible, since my system only looks for followers (an actual, "I'm following you right now" follower) in a very tight radius around the player, and the follower dialogue option (one of three, the other two being Housecarls and other Friendly NPCs) would not be displayed. If you're saying that this is a follower that you're also friends with and you negotiated to do this with them through dialogue, as in any other Friendly NPC, no, that should not by itself be a cause for a crash; the first thing I do before starting the SexLab thread is move that actor to the player reference. Also, this act does not reliably crash my game on my system, so this problem is relative to a set of circumstances on your system.

The only thing that I'm not doing that I could do is ensure that I wait for the 3rd distant party's 3D to load (which, now that we've talked about it, is something I will do), but if that's causing a crash that's actually a SexLab Framework-latent issue because the framework's ThreadController should prevent the thread from starting if all actors aren't present in the cell, followed by a Papyrus log warning.

I experience more crashes more often when using a skeleton replacer, for whatever that's worth. Obviously your experience is different from mine, and it's only one data point, but there you have it.

And just so we're clear, I have no objections to admitting that this mod is far from perfect. I threw it together in a very short amount of time with the knowledge I had at the time (which, in terms of the SexLab Framework, is now obsolete, I know a lot more now). All the work I'm doing right now to restructure how I handle things will make it a heck of a lot easier for me to not only troubleshoot these kinds of issues, but also rule this mod out as a problem source.

Long story short, things will get more stable soon.

I rolled back a save where I could still interact with my spouse (aka. Where Ysolda hadn't enjoyed her self upon my entry to our home). The mod is now working great after the update!

On a separate note: Is there a safe / Spouses Enhanced way to 'refresh' your marriage? As in divorce and marry someone else OR the same person as before, without messing anything up? Asking in advance if Serana will someday be made compatible with SE, I'd wanna 'upgrade' my wife if you know what I mean *winkwink* *nudgenudge*

I tried this self made bat file (got the ID:s from some youtube video):

; Running divorce commands...
removefac 51596 ; Removing spouse from Marriage Faction...
player.removefac C6472 ; Removing player from Marriage Faction...
resetquest 74793 ; Reseting Marriage Quests 1/2...
resetquest 21382 ; Reseting Marriage Quests 2/2...
setstage 74793 10 ; Beginning Marriage Quest...

But my new wife (vanilla spouse), wasn't detected by SE.

I'm not aware of a good way at this time. Filing this on the list of to-dos.

Hi!

A few days ago, when it released, I installed SE v1. And yeah, overwrite my only save with it. It worked almost well, but now, after the 1.1 update the game just went crazy ("hello my love, welcome home" dialog loop after accidentally select the "Follow me" line, missing My love... dialog option). I did the "clean save" steps before the update, but it didn't help. Is there any way to purge the mod's data manually from a savegame?

Another thing: I use Vilja as my follower. As I know she has a bit of unique and a bit of vanilla marriage system. After the wedding, SE recognize her as spouse with no master bed (what is ok, because she have no property in skyrim), she play the cuddle animation after sleeping the master bed (after set with the spell), but no affection raising (not even counting the intim moments in the MCM) and there is no My love dialog line.

Long story short: is there any chance to make this mod Vilja compatible? The world will never be the same without this mod.

Keep up the good work!

I rolled back a save where I could still interact with my spouse (aka. Where Ysolda hadn't enjoyed her self upon my entry to our home). The mod is now working great after the update!

On a separate note: Is there a safe / Spouses Enhanced way to 'refresh' your marriage? As in divorce and marry someone else OR the same person as before, without messing anything up? Asking in advance if Serana will someday be made compatible with SE, I'd wanna 'upgrade' my wife if you know what I mean *winkwink* *nudgenudge*

I tried this self made bat file (got the ID:s from some youtube video):

; Running divorce commands...
removefac 51596 ; Removing spouse from Marriage Faction...
player.removefac C6472 ; Removing player from Marriage Faction...
resetquest 74793 ; Reseting Marriage Quests 1/2...
resetquest 21382 ; Reseting Marriage Quests 2/2...
setstage 74793 10 ; Beginning Marriage Quest...

But my new wife (vanilla spouse), wasn't detected by SE.

I'm not aware of a good way at this time. Filing this on the list of to-dos.

I had a custom NPC spouse who wont work well with the SE. I used Dudestia Multi Marriages to have another spouse and SE detected right after the wedding and everything worked well. So if the divorce wont work there is still another way.

Mmh...Just wanted to ask if this is normal. Whenever i want to use the kiss dialogue option, sometimes, oral animation starts. (Oh, and my character's schlong sticks out of the armor...)

Awsome mod by the way ! 

that to me honestly sounds like maybe a conflict with other mods? i've used the kissing animation a few times with no problems... well other then the whole weirdness of my character motor boating her spouse while they were still in armor..

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38760/? this works great for me.

have not been able to get this to work well with lovers comfort.

problem I'm having right now is, I can't get the cuddle animation to work.  screen goes black.  Also can't get the option to turn it off to uncheck.

Hi!

A few days ago, when it released, I installed SE v1. And yeah, overwrite my only save with it. It worked almost well, but now, after the 1.1 update the game just went crazy ("hello my love, welcome home" dialog loop after accidentally select the "Follow me" line, missing My love... dialog option). I did the "clean save" steps before the update, but it didn't help. Is there any way to purge the mod's data manually from a savegame?

Another thing: I use Vilja as my follower. As I know she has a bit of unique and a bit of vanilla marriage system. After the wedding, SE recognize her as spouse with no master bed (what is ok, because she have no property in skyrim), she play the cuddle animation after sleeping the master bed (after set with the spell), but no affection raising (not even counting the intim moments in the MCM) and there is no My love dialog line.

Long story short: is there any chance to make this mod Vilja compatible? The world will never be the same without this mod.

Keep up the good work!

I totally relate to you're feelings about Vilja, she's becomed an absolute necessity for me. And i also discovered Mrissi  and i love them both :)

If they somehow are made compatible or works in any way with this mod it would be awesome, but there are a lot of things that have much higher priority so let's help out in anyway we can :)

Hi TheDudeGuy,

this mod is really great :), didn´t encounter CTDs or freezes so far.

I just noticed some serious Papyrus spamming, seems to be related to your mod and could cause problems just because of the size of the log. (Increased to ~6.1 MB for roughly 1 hour playing skyrim).

Maybe some problem on my side, here is the log if someone want´s to take a look.

EDIT: couldn´t attach file, try again

Papyrus.0.log.7z

Now that I'd had time to stop and think about what I'm making and where this is going, I think I can talk more surely about certain plans I have, and (possibly more importantly) don't have.

Features I want to see make it into this mod:

• Spouse-as-follower "in-the-field" intimacy
  • Role-playing with your spouse, specific outfit drawers for role-play scenarios
  • Letters from your spouse
  • As much custom / mod spouse support as possible (includes Vilja)
  • Interesting NPCs support (this may already work, but has not been tested)
  • Serana support
  • "Risky" locations
  • Spouse reacting (positively) to player having no clothing in main body slot
  • More entry events, and events like it
  • Better outfit control and management
  • Other intimacy-related features

Features I'm conflicted about:

• Multiple marriage support. Fact is, the Marriable Serana mod already exists, and works well. It is also incompatible with multi-spouse mods. If I were to support multi-marriage, I would have to essentially implement my own multi-marriage system, on top of my own marriable Serana system, on top of the Spouses Enhanced system. This would be a tremendous amount of work and I'm probably not going to be up to doing it. Serana as a spouse is more interesting to me / higher on my priority list than supporting multi-marriage. I still need to think about this one. I might go crazy and just do it, I don't know. Extremely unlikely but "never say never".

• Cheating. Honestly, this isn't very interesting (to me) because the way this would work (or would be expected to work) is that cheating would occur either randomly which is not fun, since you can't control it, OR because you said you weren't interested at the time of an entry event which is not fun, since you perhaps had other game reasons that you couldn't be bothered, OR because you've been gone a long time, which is also not fun because you were probably off saving the world and shouldn't be penalized for doing it. There'd also probably be the desire to give you the ability to kill the suitor (which depending who they are might not even be possible if they're essential), or to have some kind of make-up system and... it just seems like a lot of work for a system I don't even think would be much fun. I'd rather my spouse stay eternally faithful just because it's simpler and because it runs less risk of conflict.

• Divorce. This would require me to, again, write a marriage overhaul. Maybe this feature alone would be reason enough to do it. I do see this as something people should be able to do, and would want to do. It would just again require me making something somewhat outside of Spouses Enhanced.

Things that will never make it into the mod:

• Rape content.
  • Anything considered "extreme" or 4chan /b/ or similar worthy. Includes rape, futa, lactation, so on. I don't want this to be a debate over 'who are you to tell me what I like is extreme or not? This is what I like / my choice / etc!' Sure thing, and I'm not judging you. Just remember that I'm making this for msyelf as much as anybody, and if it's so far away from what I would consider something I'd want in my own mod, I'm not going to spend the time working on it. Simple as that. This will be on a case-by-case basis and the final decision maker is me. If you really, really want it that bad, please find an alternative mod or make your own.

Thanks

I again wanted to say thank you to every one who has supported this mod so far. I'll keep improving it as long as people are interested in it. Thanks for all of the suggestions so far.

Hi TheDudeGuy,

this mod is really great :), didn´t encounter CTDs or freezes so far.

I just noticed some serious Papyrus spamming, seems to be related to your mod and could cause problems just because of the size of the log. (Increased to ~6.1 MB for roughly 1 hour playing skyrim).

Maybe some problem on my side, here is the log if someone want´s to take a look.

EDIT: couldn´t attach file, try again

attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log.7z

Thank you! I will look at the log today.

Now that I'd had time to stop and think about what I'm making and where this is going, I think I can talk more surely about certain plans I have, and (possibly more importantly) don't have.

Features I want to see make it into this mod:

• Spouse-as-follower "in-the-field" intimacy
  • Role-playing with your spouse, specific outfit drawers for role-play scenarios
  • Letters from your spouse
  • As much custom / mod spouse support as possible (includes Vilja)
  • Interesting NPCs support (this may already work, but has not been tested)
  • Serana support
  • "Risky" locations
  • Spouse reacting (positively) to player having no clothing in main body slot
  • More entry events, and events like it
  • Better outfit control and management
  • Other intimacy-related features

Features I'm conflicted about:

• Multiple marriage support. Fact is, the Marriable Serana mod already exists, and works well. It is also incompatible with multi-spouse mods. If I were to support multi-marriage, I would have to essentially implement my own multi-marriage system, on top of my own marriable Serana system, on top of the Spouses Enhanced system. This would be a tremendous amount of work and I'm probably not going to be up to doing it. Serana as a spouse is more interesting to me / higher on my priority list than supporting multi-marriage. I still need to think about this one. I might go crazy and just do it, I don't know. Extremely unlikely but "never say never".

• Cheating. Honestly, this isn't very interesting (to me) because the way this would work (or would be expected to work) is that cheating would occur either randomly which is not fun, since you can't control it, OR because you said you weren't interested at the time of an entry event which is not fun, since you perhaps had other game reasons that you couldn't be bothered, OR because you've been gone a long time, which is also not fun because you were probably off saving the world and shouldn't be penalized for doing it. There'd also probably be the desire to give you the ability to kill the suitor (which depending who they are might not even be possible if they're essential), or to have some kind of make-up system and... it just seems like a lot of work for a system I don't even think would be much fun. I'd rather my spouse stay eternally faithful just because it's simpler and because it runs less risk of conflict.

• Divorce. This would require me to, again, write a marriage overhaul. Maybe this feature alone would be reason enough to do it. I do see this as something people should be able to do, and would want to do. It would just again require me making something somewhat outside of Spouses Enhanced.

• Rape content.
  • Anything considered "extreme" or 4chan /b/ or similar worthy. Includes rape, futa, lactation, so on. I don't want this to be a debate over 'who are you to tell me what I like is extreme or not? This is what I like / my choice / etc!' Sure thing, and I'm not judging you. Just remember that I'm making this for msyelf as much as anybody, and if it's so far away from what I would consider something I'd want in my own mod, I'm not going to spend the time working on it. Simple as that. This will be on a case-by-case basis and the final decision maker is me. If you really, really want it that bad, please find an alternative mod or make your own.

Thanks

I again wanted to say thank you to every one who has supported this mod so far. I'll keep improving it as long as people are interested in it. Thanks for all of the suggestions so far.

The stuff you're "conflicted" about, and the things you don't want to do at all, are all things that other mods have covered anyway. What I like most about your mod is that it's filling a specific niche. For me anyway, I'd hate to see it branch out into any of this other stuff you're concerned about. You seem to have set a good scope here, and I think it's fine the way it is. The features you said you wanted look OK , but the "conflicted" stuff and the "never" stuff don't seem to fit.

TheDudeGuy

I just wanted to say thank you, your mod is exactly what I always wanted... anything extra from what else do you want to add will be a nice bonus for me.

A small idea for "in-the-field" intimacy: some questlines (College of Winterhold, Companions, etc) ends that you get your own room with a bed. I don't know if it's possible, but it would be nice for example in Winterhold: My love... Im archmage here and I always wanted to show you my own quarters here (or something like that) :)

Sorry for my English, I hope you understand and I did not write something wrong...

TheDudeGuy

I just wanted to say thank you, your mod is exactly what I always wanted... anything extra from what else do you want to add will be a nice bonus for me.

A small idea for "in-the-field" intimacy: some questlines (College of Winterhold, Companions, etc) ends that you get your own room with a bed. I don't know if it's possible, but it would be nice for example in Winterhold: My love... Im archmage here and I always wanted to show you my own quarters here (or something like that) :)

Sorry for my English, I hope you understand and I did not write something wrong...

I like this idea and would second it. I would also add inn beds to beds that the spouse recognizes as marriage friendly locations.

Great too to see that risky locations are still on the agenda.

Totally agree with Dudeguy about rape etc. I can imagine a scenario where player rescues spouse from rape, but would not want more than that. This is escactly the mod I have been wating for, and I like where it is going.

Great work.

Hello im currently having a similar issue that was described above. i have the framework and bodies properly installed as well as Spouses enhanced. i have a non follower non other mod wife and when i choose any options to engage in an animation even as one such as kissing it does nothing. The " actors " just stand there like it would be happening but nothing happens. iv tried reinstalling everything and uninstalling but nothing seems to quite be a fix. if more information or screenshots are needed i can provide

Hello im currently having a similar issue that was described above. i have the framework and bodies properly installed as well as Spouses enhanced. i have a non follower non other mod wife and when i choose any options to engage in an animation even as one such as kissing it does nothing. The " actors " just stand there like it would be happening but nothing happens. iv tried reinstalling everything and uninstalling but nothing seems to quite be a fix. if more information or screenshots are needed i can provide

There is an option in the MCM Sexlab section to enable animations which is off by default.

Fair enough and there is already multi-marriage mods out there. Plus honestly I would say it goes against the "feel" of this mod. Its more like a "get close with you beloved" mod not a "create a harem" mod.

Very good choice I aprove. I remember when I got the Dragonborn DLC I was away on Solsteim for like an ingame month. Coming back from something like that to find my wife had cheated on me while I was saving the world would suck. And the other opetion is to stop what you are doing and run home which is just annoying so I say deffentaly leave it out.

There is already a mod on the Nexus that allows Divorce. Simple .bat file you run. Not very well tied into gameplay but Id just recommend that if someone wants to divorce their spouce.

• Rape content.

Again there are already mods that cover all this. None that let me kiss my wife. Like someone said above I like the fact your mod covers a specific nich so I say just focus on that.

Also: Thank you very much for making this mod. Its just the kind of thing I have wanted since sexlab came out. Im not playing with it yet since my wife is a follower but as soon as followers are supported I have a feeling this will be one of my favorate mods from here :D

• Rape content.

It's your mod, i just enjoy suggesting almost as much as playing Skyrim. So i hope you don't mind if i make more suggestions, just ignore all you don't like. I really like your mod idea.

So new suggestions:

-Only you&me and the harsh beauty of Skyrim (romantic outdoor trip)

Frostfall is recommended for this for further immersion. You and your spouse make a nice one day trip to one of the harsh but beautiful colder skyrim locations. When you arrive at evening you will have wild sex in the snow, then you and your spouse can warm up at the fire and cuddle/smooth together in your tent and finally sleep after watching the rough beauty of skyrim nature and the polar lights.

-Swimming Trip (romantic outdoor trip)

Lake Illinata near Falkreath would be perfect. The base idea is that you and your spouse go swimming there, and if you want it a bit "risky" you can both go swimming naked or even have sex in the water or on the beach. The "risky" part is that wanderers might appear and discover you.

-Riften hotsprings trip

Not sure how this location is called, but between Riften and Windhelm is this beautiful area with lots of hotsprings. This location would be great for taking a sauna, cuddling and maybe even sex.

-Let's Dance (entry event)

There are many nice dance animations. Your spouse might ask you to visit the nearest tavern with him/her. You order the local bard to play music and start dancing and having fun. There could be some kind of small check afterwards, maybe on your sneaking perk (closest in vanilla Skyrim to dance skills i can think of), and if your spouse thinks you danced well you will be rewarded nicely at home afterwards.

-Show me your job (risky outdoor event)

Once you are popular enough (like Level 40+) your spouse will hear stories about your adventures from everybody. He/she might be curious enough wanting to follow you on one of your adventures to witness your heroic deeds with their own eyes. Or he/she might want to see a dragon.

If you barely survive a fight this would leed to nice nursing from your spouse for the next days, but he/she might be reluctant to let you go adventuring again.

P.S.: Do you plan to include some kind of "slavery" detection? Because i think it would be extremely immersive in case you return home just having escaped from either SD+ or Submit slavery. Your spouse should be quite shocked if you return in such a miserable state from your last adventure and nurse you cutely and try everything to help you getting up again. Also there might be spontaneous sex, just from the relief that you survived. So maybe your spouse first briefly cries or gives you a slap in the face but is then so relieved to start sex.

And maybe you could make a check upon the worth of the players gear, so that your spouse only allows you to return adventuring when he/she sees that you have at least adequate gear again.

Finally a check regarding your civil war faction choice might be nice. If your spouse is a stormcloak supporter and you fight for the imperials or vice versa this should result in some conflicts. Love is strong, but family ties are also. Just think about Romeo&Julia.