BlaBla012345 Posted September 19 Author Posted September 19 9 hours ago, Rabblerouser said: Any explanation as to how they work differently? All these different frameworks have me confused so I'm curious about how they all set themselves apart. I'm not even sure which ones are now defunct. Also what about compatibility with NPC mods? Bandits? Project Remnants? Project A-Life? These are the systems at the heart of the animations that use different tools. I don’t know which ones are obsolete, but mine certainly isn’t. Compatibility is planned. At first, I thought about producing a compatibility patch for the Bandits mod. But ultimately, given the large number of mods, I’m going to focus on a systemic approach rather than a targeted one. It seems to me that the mods work roughly like mine in terms of the internal behavior of NPCs. So, since ZomboLust (ZomboDesire) uses the same architectural approach, I should be able to provide a general compatibility layer to (first of all) prevent my mod from crashing other mods = by blocking the attempted interaction. Then I want to add the Player versus living Human aspect (bandits or friendly humans). That’s where I’ll attempt real compatibility by making my code accept the specific features of each NPC mod. And how am I going to do that? Because I’ll be staging the encounters between the Player and the NPCs. Take a look a bit earlier in this discussion thread and you’ll find more info. I’ll come back to this later, after I open my Patreon page. 5 hours ago, ElGordoQueModdeaGames said: hmmmmmm dogs and horses when After opening my Patreon page — and probably after the release of the “Being Female,” “Lesbian,” and “Gay” mods. The reason for waiting a bit is that the mods adding dogs and horses will become increasingly stable over time. When I create my own Bestiality mod, I’ll have access to a stable (albeit unofficial) framework. 2
ArcherX17 Posted September 19 Posted September 19 Awesome mod! Only request is there a way to turn off the orgasm moan/voice or at least turn down the volume for that particular voice line. I can be a little bit too much at times.
Candy_of_Cotton Posted September 20 Posted September 20 I am encountering an issue where my game lags really badly whenever I'm putting on / taking off / getting clothes ripped off. The rest of the animations are fine, it's JUST when the clothes are involved. Is anyone else having this issue or have had this issue and have any suggestions to resolve it?
BlaBla012345 Posted September 21 Author Posted September 21 On 9/20/2026 at 12:11 AM, ArcherX17 said: Awesome mod! Only request is there a way to turn off the orgasm moan/voice or at least turn down the volume for that particular voice line. I can be a little bit too much at times. If you go to the ZomboLust download page, you’ll find two archives that greatly reduce the visual intensity of orgasms. As for the sound, I haven’t planned a way to lower the volume for now. It would require specific code just for that. On 9/20/2026 at 5:10 AM, Candy_of_Cotton said: I am encountering an issue where my game lags really badly whenever I'm putting on / taking off / getting clothes ripped off. The rest of the animations are fine, it's JUST when the clothes are involved. Is anyone else having this issue or have had this issue and have any suggestions to resolve it? It’s possible this is a conflict with another mod. You should test with only ZomboDesire + ZomboLust: normally you’ll see there’s no lag when tearing off clothes. Then add your other mods one by one and test each time: that way you’ll find the culprit. Feel free to tell us which mod is causing the issue.
Dread Not Posted September 21 Posted September 21 On 9/19/2026 at 6:38 AM, BlaBla012345 said: These are the systems at the heart of the animations that use different tools. I don’t know which ones are obsolete, but mine certainly isn’t. Compatibility is planned. At first, I thought about producing a compatibility patch for the Bandits mod. But ultimately, given the large number of mods, I’m going to focus on a systemic approach rather than a targeted one. It seems to me that the mods work roughly like mine in terms of the internal behavior of NPCs. So, since ZomboLust (ZomboDesire) uses the same architectural approach, I should be able to provide a general compatibility layer to (first of all) prevent my mod from crashing other mods = by blocking the attempted interaction. Then I want to add the Player versus living Human aspect (bandits or friendly humans). That’s where I’ll attempt real compatibility by making my code accept the specific features of each NPC mod. And how am I going to do that? Because I’ll be staging the encounters between the Player and the NPCs. Take a look a bit earlier in this discussion thread and you’ll find more info. I’ll come back to this later, after I open my Patreon page. After opening my Patreon page — and probably after the release of the “Being Female,” “Lesbian,” and “Gay” mods. The reason for waiting a bit is that the mods adding dogs and horses will become increasingly stable over time. When I create my own Bestiality mod, I’ll have access to a stable (albeit unofficial) framework. There's also the planned vanilla NPCs but who knows when that'll happen. Some time between GTA6 and the heat death of the universe.
Dread Not Posted September 21 Posted September 21 It does seem this mod isn't as performant as other frameworks. However, I am on an aging laptop where those issues become magnified. However, I see some crazy ambition and this is has a clear plan. When this is "done", it'll likely be the most feature-complete framework out there. Just sucks we have to lay the groundwork before a lot of those plans become real. 😅
Dread Not Posted September 21 Posted September 21 1 hour ago, BlaBla012345 said: Feel free to tell us which mod is causing the issue. Is there a way I can test this myself? Like some sort of debug profiler?
BlaBla012345 Posted September 22 Author Posted September 22 12 hours ago, Rabblerouser said: Is there a way I can test this myself? Like some sort of debug profiler? If we're talking about carrying out empirical tests to determine, one by one, which mod (or mods) is causing a conflict, there is a simple way to do it: Suppose you have 102 mods enabled simultaneously: ZomboDesire + ZomboLust + 100 other third-party mods = 102. You deselect the first 50 mods in your list and launch your game. A) If the bug disappears, then those 50 mods should be ruled out. You deselect the 50 mods considered compatible and re-enable the other 50, then check again and confirm that the bug has returned. If that is indeed the case (and it's not some sneaky bug caused by the interaction between two mods, where neither one would cause a problem when enabled on its own), then you divide the number of active mods in half again. And so on, until you find the culprit. B) If the bug persists, then you disable those 50 mods considered incompatible and enable the other 50 to check whether there isn't more than one incompatible mod. If the bug disappears, then that means the problem does indeed come from the first batch of 50 mods. You then divide the number of active mods in half again, as explained above, to identify the culprit. If we're talking about debugging a specific problem related to ZomboDesire or ZomboLust: Then you go to the shared directory and to the XXX_Main.lua file (XXX = ZomboDesire or ZomboLust; you can enable both). Then you change the Boolean variable of the master switch from False to True. My system is designed so that each module can be tested separately, making debugging remarkably straightforward.
HanaURudel Posted September 22 Posted September 22 19 hours ago, Rabblerouser said: Is there a way I can test this myself? Like some sort of debug profiler? send crash report to AI, and u will know what happen 1
Dread Not Posted September 22 Posted September 22 (edited) On 9/19/2026 at 6:38 AM, BlaBla012345 said: These are the systems at the heart of the animations that use different tools. I don’t know which ones are obsolete, but mine certainly isn’t. Compatibility is planned. At first, I thought about producing a compatibility patch for the Bandits mod. But ultimately, given the large number of mods, I’m going to focus on a systemic approach rather than a targeted one. It seems to me that the mods work roughly like mine in terms of the internal behavior of NPCs. So, since ZomboLust (ZomboDesire) uses the same architectural approach, I should be able to provide a general compatibility layer to (first of all) prevent my mod from crashing other mods = by blocking the attempted interaction. Then I want to add the Player versus living Human aspect (bandits or friendly humans). That’s where I’ll attempt real compatibility by making my code accept the specific features of each NPC mod. And how am I going to do that? Because I’ll be staging the encounters between the Player and the NPCs. Take a look a bit earlier in this discussion thread and you’ll find more info. I’ll come back to this later, after I open my Patreon page. After opening my Patreon page — and probably after the release of the “Being Female,” “Lesbian,” and “Gay” mods. The reason for waiting a bit is that the mods adding dogs and horses will become increasingly stable over time. When I create my own Bestiality mod, I’ll have access to a stable (albeit unofficial) framework. Perhaps hold off on A-Life for now. Lol. Just tried it and that mod is a mess. Gameplay gets chaotic quick and I'm not sure even the mod author understands the mod's impact on gameplay. You barely have time to deal with the effects of the mod (NPC fights causing hundreds of zeds to converge on your location, "friendly" NPCs having no way of knowing your base is your base and so they just ransack all of your storage), much less effects frameworks like these can put on your gameplay. Consider A-Life an early, early alpha that doesn't even have its own systems figured out. Every NPC mod seems to have have a downside. Bandits seems focused on enemies (human enemies) and doesn't seem keen on expanding beyond what it already is to explore otherwise. And let's me honest, Slayer seems more focused on other projects. Project Remnants seems focused on having a friendly squad. Not to mention there's the installation process that scares people away (installing a java agent via powershell script, though I ran it through Claude and it found nothing suspicious). A-Life is unbalanced, chaotic, and still figuring its core systems out. Even if it is the closest mod to having both friendly and hostile NPCs in one basket, which HOPEFULLY means when it DOES figure itself out, hostiles and friendlies will talk to each other better as its under one umbrella. We can't get vanilla NPCs soon enough. Edited September 22 by Dread Not
werwreeeee Posted September 23 Posted September 23 (edited) Love the Mod so far. One question. What is the best way to remove animations from my game? I deleted the .xml files. Is that the way to do it or will it cause issues? An option to enable some categories would be amazing. Maybe Checkboxes for Blowjobs, Jerking and so on. Edited September 23 by werwreeeee added info
AvAcyn Posted September 23 Posted September 23 Ill post it here too: im running into this issue after using all 3 auto installers, and disabling og tomb mods, and TABAS.
BlaBla012345 Posted September 25 Author Posted September 25 On 9/23/2026 at 8:02 AM, werwreeeee said: 1. What is the best way to remove animations from my game? I deleted the .xml files. Is that the way to do it or will it cause issues? 2. An option to enable some categories would be amazing. Maybe Checkboxes for Blowjobs, Jerking and so on. 1. If your trick works, why not? 2. That kind of option isn't planned. On 9/23/2026 at 4:11 PM, AvAcyn said: Ill post it here too: im running into this issue after using all 3 auto installers, and disabling og tomb mods, and TABAS. I'm replying to you in the other thread.
WinterKein Posted October 4 Posted October 4 On 9/19/2026 at 5:11 PM, ArcherX17 said: Awesome mod! Only request is there a way to turn off the orgasm moan/voice or at least turn down the volume for that particular voice line. I can be a little bit too much at times. try this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3575778063
BlaBla012345 Posted October 4 Author Posted October 4 Hi everyone ! 🙂 Just a quick update to let you know what I’m currently working on and what you can expect going forward. Around September 25th, I was actually about to launch my Patreon page, but I decided to hold off. You see, I don’t know yet whether there will be enough of you willing to support me on this adventure and help bring all the different mods that will make up the ZomboLust galaxy to life. But there is one thing I do know: I genuinely want to build this project for the long term. What that means is that I intend to maintain, improve, and expand the features, compatibility, technical foundations, and overall scope of all my mods over a very long period of time — with the goal of eventually covering a very broad range of what can be explored within the kind of gameplay we are interested in here. To make that possible, I need to make sure the project complies with certain requirements so that it can remain acceptable on Patreon. That means I need to slightly redirect some aspects of the mod’s lore and keep the overall setting and content consistent, while avoiding anything that could potentially put the project at risk on the platform. So that is what I have been working on. I have already completely gone through the ZomboDesire framework, from top to bottom. While doing so, I also took the opportunity to fix several bugs, improve character synchronization, and eliminate positioning issues during interactions with objects. I’m now doing the same kind of work on ZomboLust. So far, I have reorganized and reworked roughly 25% of the files. There is still quite a bit to do, including reworking the traits, adjusting some mechanics, and polishing the professions. The goal is to make ZomboLust as unquestionably Patreon-safe as possible, so that the project can continue without putting itself at risk of sanctions or being taken down. And in the long run, this benefits everyone. It means that you and I can have much more confidence that ZomboLust will still be here for the long haul — all the way through the eventual release of Project Zomboid 1.0, and hopefully well beyond it. Because yes, you read that correctly: I’m not planning to disappear after a few updates like so many modders eventually do. So please don’t see the work I’m doing right now as wasted time or an unnecessary detour. Quite the opposite. I’m using this opportunity to build an extremely solid and sustainable foundation on which the entire ZomboLust project — and the galaxy of mods that will eventually surround it — can continue to grow. You may also have noticed that I have made quite a few updates to post #1 of this thread recently. The details currently presented there do not necessarily match the version of the mod you have right now. Instead, they describe what the mod is going to become. The lore and features described there are all part of the direction I am currently working toward. I can’t give you a release date for the next version yet. Once everything is ready, however, I’ll explain in detail how the Patreon page will work, what it will offer, and what kind of benefits will be available to everyone who chooses to support me. These aren’t just empty promises. I’m in this for the long haul, and I hope you’ll be along for the ride. See you very soon ! 🫡 4
BlaBla012345 Posted October 4 Author Posted October 4 While I’m here, I’d also like to let you know that the next version of ZomboLust will not be compatible with existing save files, due to the large number of internal changes and fixes being made. I’m sorry about this, but creating temporary code solely to preserve compatibility with older saves would take a huge amount of time and would also make the codebase unnecessarily complex. I apologize for the inconvenience, and I’d like to remind everyone that ZomboLust is still in early development and is very much an early-stage project. Thank you for your understanding ! 🙏 4
Dadicho Posted October 4 Posted October 4 Has anyone tested this mod with the First person mod called "Project Viewpoint" ?
WinterKein Posted Wednesday at 07:36 PM Posted Wednesday at 07:36 PM On 10/4/2026 at 4:06 PM, Dadicho said: Has anyone tested this mod with the First person mod called "Project Viewpoint" ? Gonna tell you now animations will not work as viewpoint is essentially rebuilding the game from the ground up pretty much animation wise. 1
Blueberrina Posted Thursday at 08:44 PM Posted Thursday at 08:44 PM On 10/5/2026 at 12:06 AM, Dadicho said: Has anyone tested this mod with the First person mod called "Project Viewpoint" ? Tested it with PZ3D and Viewpoint. Both worked pretty well, but Viewpoint did better. 1
zombo23 Posted yesterday at 11:20 AM Posted yesterday at 11:20 AM dumb question but does this work with male human on female zombie?
zombo23 Posted yesterday at 12:24 PM Posted yesterday at 12:24 PM 1 hour ago, zombo23 said: dumb question but does this work with male human on female zombie? nevermind it does
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now