[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

hi cell,
I have a strange problem..
I'm trying to convert in bodyslide the new Devious Devices Meshes (by koffii) from DD:Asset V2.9.0.

..during the conversion of the restrictiveCollar_1.nif everything seems ok.. but in the game, the neck armor does not follow the movements of the head.
(I copied the bones from CBBE_HDT body reference)

xihB8vh.jpg

in the original meshes works fine, the head and the neck move together properly (but HDT breast clipping..)

RiDm10r.jpg

in nifskope both files look the same..
where am I doing wrong? (NPC Head bone problem?)

thanks

S.

no matter, I solved..
lacked Head weight painting on the neck.....

nope!
in bodyslide head painting bone appears to be correct.

xkrlxp5.jpg

but in-game does not work.. 
:(

you can't have 100% of the weight with outfit, you must do that with 3dsmax.

oh... I'm not very practical to 3ds max... it's currently difficult to learn, I don't have much time to spend actually. 

(and in general, I'm not very good in the 3D modeling.. I'm a noob)

..you know any tutorial?
I have 3dsmax 2014, it's right?

https://www.youtube.com/user/NightasyTutorials/videos

You can find solid bases here.

Skyrim is always 3dsmax 2012.

hi cell,
I'm trying to convert in bodyslide the new Devious Devices Meshes (by koffii) from DD:Asset V2.9.0.

..during the conversion of the restrictiveCollar_1.nif everything seems ok.. but in the game, the neck armor does not follow the movements of the head.

xihB8vh.jpg

in the original meshes works fine, the head and the neck move together properly (but HDT breast clipping..)

RiDm10r.jpg

thanks

S.

no matter, I solved..

nope!

xkrlxp5.jpg

oh... I'm not very practical to 3ds max... it's currently difficult to learn, I don't have much time to spend actually. 

..you know any tutorial?

You can simply use an head mesh as a reference in OS to copy from. But you already have the head weights on the parts, so it's another problem (either weights too weak, wrong skeleton, etc.) which 3ds max can't fix automatically either.

hi cell,

xihB8vh.jpg

RiDm10r.jpg

thanks

S.

no matter, I solved..

nope!

xkrlxp5.jpg

..you know any tutorial?

You can simply use an head mesh as a reference in OS to copy from. But you already have the head weights on the parts, so it's another problem (either weights too weak, wrong skeleton, etc.) which 3ds max can't fix automatically either.

he need to had 100% verticles weight of "NPC head", if he want exactly the same movement than the classic head, if he have clipping it's because he have others bones at the top of his armor, i'm pretty sure it's spine 2.

When you paint with outfit , that make only a smooth effect on different weights, not disable.

It's why i says you can't do that with outfit, and 3dsmax is perfect for that.

Basically the red color in outfit is not the same than red color in 3dsmax.

If studio have a disabling (not remove bones)weight effect, of course he can do that directly with outfit, but i never found that option.

post-30616-0-86714600-1423312153_thumb.png

hi cell,

xihB8vh.jpg

RiDm10r.jpg

thanks

S.

no matter, I solved..

nope!

xkrlxp5.jpg

..you know any tutorial?

he need to had 100% verticles weight of "NPC head", if he want exactly the same movement than the classic head, if he have clipping it's because he have others bones at the top of his armor, i'm pretty sure it's spine 2.

When you paint with outfit , that make only a smooth effect on different weights, not disable.

If studio have a disabling (not remove bones)weight effect, of course he can do that directly with outfit, but i never found that option.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

With disabling you mean subtracting/removing weights without removing the whole bone? That's possible by holding the ALT key + painting.

hi cell,

xihB8vh.jpg

RiDm10r.jpg

thanks

S.

no matter, I solved..

nope!

xkrlxp5.jpg

..you know any tutorial?

With disabling you mean subtracting/removing weights without removing the whole bone? That's possible by holding the ALT key + painting.

ok nice, he have the solution now.

Hi

Have followed this thread for a while. installed bodyslide and used it for small body modifications on my present body mostly

breast (nipples sackiness) using Unified UNP HDT body and preset 7b bombshell. It loads my present body with body hair and

other textures fine and usefull. But a have this bombshellbody with leito labias(not made by me) but bodyslide doesnt read

it.ScreenShot280.zip So how do i load this into bodyslide

Im a noob and are stupid with all the skyrim tools and ther is so much to read ans learn really overwhelming . Ansver to this

question  is there in all the tutorials/guides but maan its over my head.

So how do i load this into bodyslide or what to do simplified (forthedumb)

Thank you superstars :heart:

Iggy

As a new  Skyrim-er, i was wondering if there was a way to use the bodyslide to influence how your character looks, as far as ive gotten it only works on the npcs.

Pls explain it to me like im a 5 year old.

Also if you can, can i make it work only on a certain npc? Like lets say i wanted to make only Ysolda fat, can i do that and will it work?

hi cell,

xihB8vh.jpg

RiDm10r.jpg

thanks

S.

no matter, I solved..

nope!

xkrlxp5.jpg

..you know any tutorial?

ok nice, he have the solution now.

9z8WB9b.jpg we are going too fast here..

I'm not capable of doing these things, this is too complex.. I have to learn first :)

if you want to help me, I put here the bodyslide files
-removed-

I'm not capable of doing these things, this is too complex.. I have to learn first :)

The "Head" bone doesn't have any weighting on it. Extract the vanilla head from the BSA (or get it elsewhere), load it as a reference, select the "Head" bone and use "Copy Selected Weights".

The "Head" bone doesn't have any weighting on it. Extract the vanilla head from the BSA (or get it elsewhere), load it as a reference, select the "Head" bone and use "Copy Selected Weights".

I did something different (much simpler).

I open my OS project, load the original restrictiveCollar_1.nif file as a reference and copied Head and Spine0 bone weights..

then I reloaded the CBBE_HDT sliders as reference.

saved.

now everything works perfectly.. yeah!

thanks!

S.

I am trying to learn to use bodyslide, and I really am confused.

I am following guide 1 from the begining of this thread (unp->cbbe), using the chef_1.nif from UNP Armors version 2_1-7305-2-1.7z and.... for some reason bodyslide wants my chef outfit to have its shoulders where my model's knees are:

blogentry-37920-0-99429200-1423451968.jp

That's not... um.... er... how do I fix this?

Take a look at the NIF in NifSkope to maybe find out the offset values. Outfit Studio doesn't load the skin transforms of the individual bones yet, and that causes issues for outfits that haven't been exported with a clean rig from Blender/3ds max.

Then select the outfit and use the "Shape -> Move Shape" menu item. Yours looks like you have to put in a Y value of -120 (and probably some other stuff). I don't know if the Mesh Rigger tools have a way of applying correct rig/transforms as well.

The positive side about this is that your NIF will be perfectly clean after you're done. :P

I am following guide 1 from the begining of this thread (unp->cbbe), using the chef_1.nif from UNP Armors version 2_1-7305-2-1.7z and.... for some reason bodyslide wants my chef outfit to have its shoulders where my model's knees are:

Take a look at the NIF in NifSkope to maybe find out the offset values. Outfit Studio doesn't load the skin transforms of the individual bones yet, and that causes issues for outfits that haven't been exported with a clean rig from Blender/3ds max.

Then select the outfit and use the "Shape -> Move Shape" menu item. Yours looks like you have to put in a Y value of -120 (and probably some other stuff). I don't know if the Mesh Rigger tools have a way of applying correct rig/transforms as well.

The positive side about this is that your NIF will be perfectly clean after you're done. :P

I guessed that when you say "the offset values" you really mean the values that the version of nifskop which I am using calls "Translation" (which are on the NiTriShape nodes).

This nif file has two NiTriShapes, and here are the values nifskope has for their Translation:

BarKeeperBody X: 0, Y: 0, Z: 0

BarKeeperTorso X: 0, Y: -3.1329, Z: 63.2071

That's about half what you estimated, which made me slightly nervous. But I tried it out.

And it *almost* worked, but things were still not right.

And then I noticed that this "Move Shape" dialog had a built-in preset move ("Old CBBE to Vanilla offset"), and when I added that movement to the clothing it looked properly centered.

So, first off: thank you for helping me out here - I was really confused and now I am not quite so confused.

Second, though, I guess I should ask: does anyone know how to contact Orange-In-Chief, to get the begining tutorial updated with this information? (I ran into this issue on every shape I thought to try, so it probably goes in the starting tutorial???)

I am hopeful, now, that I will be able to contribute something useful before too long. (Or maybe after too long? I should know by now that I sometimes take too long...)

Hi all.  Looking for a tiny bit of help.

I very carefully follow the first guide to make some CBBE armor fit my bodyslide preset and work with HDT physics. When completed in Outfit Studio each slider at 0 and 100 has no clipping errors, and I copy the breast and butt bones to each individual slider as well. Here you can see no errors: post-342208-0-75407500-1423584350_thumb.jpg

I then save the project, go to where Mod Organizer has saved the .nif in Overwrite folder, put the .nif in a created mod and load it in. But when I get in-game I see small clipping errors, the right nip is showing a bit and there are clipping errors on the sides of the breasts: post-342208-0-50321800-1423584605_thumb.jpg

I've followed even the QUALITY steps for both _1.nif and _0.nif. Shouldn't the robes be compatible with any CBBE body HDT sliderset now?  Including my CBBE body HDT preset?

Any suggestions what I should try, or what I'm not doing right?

p.s. If the suggestion is to try Guide 3, I first have to say I'm confused in the first step where it says "A. Load YOUR CURRENT female body from this location" but am unable to find an option in Outfit Studio for that. When you create a new project the first window asks for either a template or an XML file (nothing about .nifs). The second window asks for a project name, the armor/clothing .nif/.obj, and possibly a texture file (again, no body .nif).  And loading the body .nif as a reference doesn't seem right either because the armor mesh is small and each big boob slider is hugely spilling out with tons of mesh fixing needed for every slider; a ridiculous amount of more work compared to just doing it by Guide 1's method instead.

p.s.s I just noticed that robe's boob bounce (the robes do move) doesn't correspond exactly with the boob's bounce. That is, the nips appear and disappear, and the side clipping errors appear and disappear as the boobs and armor bounce.  So is it likely something with the bone weights not matching, as well as the double robe image? Or are they both aspects of the same problem.

I would load the body you're using from wherever mod organizer puts it as a reference start with _1 nif, then I would load the outfit and fit it, export, do the same for the _0 size. I don't use mod organizer so I would load C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Meshes\Actors\Character\character assets\femalebody_1.nif and so on.

I would load the body you're using from wherever mod organizer puts it as a reference start with _1 nif, then I would load the outfit and fit it, export, do the same for the _0 size. I don't use mod organizer so I would load C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Meshes\Actors\Character\character assets\femalebody_1.nif and so on.

Alright.  Although as I mentioned in the p.s., I don't know how to load a body into the studio.  Which field do I enter the femalebody_1.nif?

Alright.  Although as I mentioned in the p.s., I don't know how to load a body into the studio.  Which field do I enter the femalebody_1.nif?

You use the file menu and load a reference, when it pops up just hit the button and load the nif, same for the outfit, use the file menu and load the outfit.

You use the file menu and load a reference, when it pops up just hit the button and load the nif, same for the outfit, use the file menu and load the outfit.

Thanks.  That resulted in two bodies being shown: post-342208-0-92709000-1423592184_thumb.jpg

So I then delete one body as indicated in the guide and re-adjust the shape to get alignment down with the mesh: post-342208-0-99246600-1423592522_thumb.jpg

But then, notice the boobs are too big and the butt way too small.  I have no sliders to adjust these to a closer fit before moving on to small-clipping fixing.  What do you suggest, then, at this point?

EDIT: I'm going to do the boob bone weights again, maybe I just made a mistake on one. My butt is fine, after all.

2 solutions:

nifskope:

right click:

transform/apply

if that don't working:

3DSMAX:

import without skeleton, after make again a import with skeleton (rename the dummy with any name)

and:

meshes/smooth/skinwrap.

Now you should be have a "clean" position.

I made some zap sliders for some armors but now the edited/zapped armor models don't have HDT jiggles. It's weird because the armor parts still move around but the body underneath the armor doesn't move. HDT stuff works when the character isn't wearing anything and it still works fine on any armor I haven't edited myself. Can anyone point out what's going on?

Thanks for the guides! I think you should add the last step of Guide 3 to the end of Guide 1, as well. It would have helped save me 2 days of confusion.

Also, in Guide 3 for Step 4 it says to "A. Right-click BaseShape -> Duplicate Shape." if we had deleted the shape earlier. But, doing this does not create any sliders that are needed in the next step, Step 5. How do we get the sliders? The only way I know is to load a reference->body template. Should the guide be saying that, instead?

What? The last atep of Guide 3 doesn't have to be done for what is done in Guide 1. BodySlide will end up creating the low weight part of the outfit by itself. And you don't need any sliders for Guide 3's step 5. You copy weights there. Are you switching stuff up?

I made some zap sliders for some armors but now the edited/zapped armor models don't have HDT jiggles. It's weird because the armor parts still move around but the body underneath the armor doesn't move. HDT stuff works when the character isn't wearing anything and it still works fine on any armor I haven't edited myself. Can anyone point out what's going on?

When you loaded the project, you didn't delete the body that came with the outfit or you've replaced the reference body with a non-HDT one.

Thanks for the guides! I think you should add the last step of Guide 3 to the end of Guide 1, as well. It would have helped save me 2 days of confusion.

Also, in Guide 3 for Step 4 it says to "A. Right-click BaseShape -> Duplicate Shape." if we had deleted the shape earlier. But, doing this does not create any sliders that are needed in the next step, Step 5. How do we get the sliders? The only way I know is to load a reference->body template. Should the guide be saying that, instead?

What? The last atep of Guide 3 doesn't have to be done for what is done in Guide 1. BodySlide will end up creating the low weight part of the outfit by itself. And you don't need any sliders for Guide 3's step 5. You copy weights there. Are you switching stuff up?

Ah. I misunderstood; deleted that post.

I do have another question now however. Do you use Outfit Studio with mod organizer, by chance?  When I save a project it gives me two things in my overwrite:  a ShapeData folder, for example:

CalienteTools\BodySlide\ShapeData\TestPrisobes\<bunch of files>

And a SliderSet .xml file, for example:

CalienteTools\BodySlide\SliderSets\TestPrisrobes.xml

I create a mod with those changes and activate it, then run Outfit Stuido again, but my new outfit doesn't appear in the Outfit/Body pull-down menu.

I tried adding <Group name="CBBE Body HDT" /> to the TestPrisrobes.xml file, but didn't work.  (I have Bodyslide/OS installed like any other mod, and MO itself I have installed in the main Skyrim folder.)

Know what I'm doing wrong, by chance?

EDIT: Fixed. I had Body Slider 2 installing as a seperate mod after CBBE, so if I ever had to update BS I wouldn't have to disrupt CBBE in any way. I thought the folders would simply merge, but instead it looks like BS folders were replacing CBBE's BS folders.  BS started working properly and showing the new outfits and profiles when I removed it and just used what came w/ CBBE.

Ah. I misunderstood; deleted that post.

I do have another question now however. Do you use Outfit Studio with mod organizer, by chance?  When I save a project it gives me two things in my overwrite:  a ShapeData folder, for example:

CalienteTools\BodySlide\ShapeData\TestPrisobes\<bunch of files>

And a SliderSet .xml file, for example:

CalienteTools\BodySlide\SliderSets\TestPrisrobes.xml

I create a mod with those changes and activate it, then run Outfit Stuido again, but my new outfit doesn't appear in the Outfit/Body pull-down menu.

I tried adding <Group name="CBBE Body HDT" /> to the TestPrisrobes.xml file, but didn't work.  (I have Bodyslide/OS installed like any other mod, and MO itself I have installed in the main Skyrim folder.)

Know what I'm doing wrong, by chance?

Yes, I use Mod Organizer myself. Strange, making a mod out of the SliderSets and ShapeData folder should work as long as the folder structure is correct. Do you maybe still have a group or outfit filter applied in BodySlide (at the top)?