Glamour Mask Posted September 26 Posted September 26 On 9/25/2026 at 5:14 PM, DeepBlueFrog said: Totally agree on all points. Moving the code to a more event based approach was an attempt at making this kind of vision possible. In theory, people should be able to create mods that act as location based add-ons for SD+ The main issue at the moment is that the slavery loop itself needs a lot of fixes. I have a detailed plan of what I want to do next to fix it. Right now, I am finally rebuilding my Skyrim setup after the recent modpocalypse. So many mods to update. It's a good thing I moved to Vortex at the beginning of the year, or I would be tearing my hair out at this point (and i don't have much left). Best of success on those fixes! Is there a HIMBO patch for DDFH in the plans as well, since it's basically become the CBBE for male bodies?
ThreeWishLimit Posted September 29 Posted September 29 On 9/25/2026 at 11:14 AM, DeepBlueFrog said: The main issue at the moment is that the slavery loop itself needs a lot of fixes. If I might be so bold, I think your slavery loop was a stroke of genius. It definitely feels like you are trying to hit every criterion in order to emulate the feeling of captivity--it just feels like you're hitting glass ceilings and walls because you want to keep the whole thing generic. If nothing is defined, it's hard to preempt where it might go and establish foundation. I think you did a fantastic job while being limited by the necessity of keeping it undefined. The core concept of slavery is production and benefit, or, more simply, loss and gain. One side goes up while the other has nothing to show for it. In the real world, this was done to build infrastructure, and accrue wealth. Obviously that's incredibly boring on its own; sex makes for a much more interesting tale. And you already hit all of those nodes. You clearly understand how the sketch work needed to be handled. The absolute only thing I think you lacked was color and shading--which you can't add if everything is undefined. Your captors need the ability to flaunt how much they are benefiting, while the player needs to see how empty their hands are despite all their toiling. On 9/25/2026 at 11:14 AM, DeepBlueFrog said: Right now, I am finally rebuilding my Skyrim setup after the recent modpocalypse. So many mods to update. I have nothing but the deepest sympathies for you. As always, I remain at your service, should you wish to bounce ideas or possibly glean further insight into something you might be struggling with, conceptually.
DeepBlueFrog Posted September 30 Author Posted September 30 Thanks and good news, I am back in business with a functioning Skyrim SE. 4
ThreeWishLimit Posted October 1 Posted October 1 15 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said: I am back in business with a functioning Skyrim SE. Ugh, I envy you. I elected to purge my modlist and start over, rather than sift through which ones were potentially broken. Except...it turns out I no longer recall how I made it work in the first place. So now I'm learning how to do this all over again. *sighs*
DeepBlueFrog Posted October 1 Author Posted October 1 20 hours ago, ThreeWishLimit said: Ugh, I envy you. I elected to purge my modlist and start over, rather than sift through which ones were potentially broken. Except...it turns out I no longer recall how I made it work in the first place. So now I'm learning how to do this all over again. *sighs* Sorry to hear that. I was on my way to do that and upgrade everything to the latest version when I found out Devious Devices won't be compatible for a long time, so I ended up forcing a downgrade and keeping my original mess to build on. I also took the occasion to ditch ENB and go to Community Shaders and things seem to be holding so far. 2
ThreeWishLimit Posted October 2 Posted October 2 3 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said: Sorry to hear that. I was on my way to do that and upgrade everything to the latest version when I found out Devious Devices won't be compatible for a long time, so I ended up forcing a downgrade and keeping my original mess to build on. I also took the occasion to ditch ENB and go to Community Shaders and things seem to be holding so far. I have followed in your footsteps. Thank you for guiding me through this dark and tumultuous time.
DeepBlueFrog Posted October 2 Author Posted October 2 I almost ripped my hair out at some [point because SKSE would not recognized for version locked game but it turned out it was a windows 11 permission issue on some files.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now