Starbound!

Gotta love the fascination with pixilated naughty bits. I laugh at it only because I'll be among those who eventually download and try the mod. Can't help but wonder how far people will take sex/adult mods for a game like this.

As for Starbound itself, I'm still trying to get a handle on it. I wasn't really into Terraria, though I own it. Found it too slow and clunky, but Starbound I like the fact that there are at least different flavors of character and a sense of real character advancement. Now that I've actually managed to build real tools, things are going more smoothly. Mining everything with the Manipulator was sort of a buzz kill. I do enjoy the time I spend on it though.

I got Darkout today though and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Is it better than terraria?

Easily moddable?

I think Darkout is a lot better than Terraria.

I have no idea if its moddable.  I'm just glad that my female character has an actual 3d modeled body and not just blurry pixels.  It also has a dark sci-fi theme to its setting, which I really dig.

• 3 weeks later...

I was playing with the thought to buy Starbound, but before I decide I'd like to hear a bit about some of your reviews; how good is Starbound? How is it actually played, are there any goals?

It's in early access. That means frequent updates, frequent character wipes, new content being added etc. It's being compared to Terraria which is somewhat fair. You know what it looks graphically, and gameplay-wise it's again compared to Terraria and other 2D voxel based games, but it has its own noticeable differences. You can travel between planets, meet sentient life. There are several races to choose from as well, each having their own sort of "history" and backstory to them. It's $14.99 (or whatever equivalent) so it isn't that bad when it comes to pricing, especially compared to other Early Access games *cough* 7 days to die *cough*

Overall I enjoy it, if this kind of thing appeals to you, you should check it out. 

It's in early access. That means frequent updates, frequent character wipes, new content being added etc. It's being compared to Terraria which is somewhat fair. You know what it looks graphically, and gameplay-wise it's again compared to Terraria and other 2D voxel based games, but it has its own noticeable differences. You can travel between planets, meet sentient life. There are several races to choose from as well, each having their own sort of "history" and backstory to them. It's $14.99 (or whatever equivalent) so it isn't that bad when it comes to pricing, especially compared to other Early Access games *cough* 7 days to die *cough*

Overall I enjoy it, if this kind of thing appeals to you, you should check it out. 

And what exactly is Terraria? Seems I need to google a bit, I lack a big amount of information here. :D

And what exactly is Terraria? Seems I need to google a bit, I lack a big amount of information here. :D

A 2D Minecraft cash-in with vastly less construction game charm but considerably better progression.  Same basic principle, though - survive, build, get better stuff.

A 2D Minecraft cash-in with vastly less construction game charm but considerably better progression.  Same basic principle, though - survive, build, get better stuff.

I see. Thanks for the help, I think I'll just give it a try. These few bucks seem to be affordable after all.

I'm waiting for it to be on a decent sale. My backlog is so big I won't go over $5-$10 for a PC game that isn't GTA V. They said they were going to wipe all the characters at some point (don't know if they have yet) so it's probably worth waiting until after that if your intrest isn't massive. I think the early access is more for Terraria fans that can't wait, I've never played it.

I'm waiting for it to be on a decent sale. My backlog is so big I won't go over $5-$10 for a PC game that isn't GTA V. They said they were going to wipe all the characters at some point (don't know if they have yet) so it's probably worth waiting until after that if your intrest isn't massive. I think the early access is more for Terraria fans that can't wait, I've never played it.

they already did the wipe so theres no more wipes

• 3 months later...

Still loving Starbound myself, even if just to look at my character. I play an Avali, actually; and I have a sinful little crush on her.

Vali_zps09369b77.jpg

I have such a soft spot for little fuzzy raptor people~ I even got her a collar, because she's her pack's little pet >:3

• 1 month later...