Starbound!

I have a feeling that a lot of people just moved on to other games when CF kept breaking everything with every update.  That is one of the disadvantages of early access; people try to mod it before it's done and then don't like the final product because of developer changes.  The game did have potential, which makes it an even bigger shame.

• 2 months later...

I Will admit that I am nowhere near a pro. when it comes to making mods  but I dug through the mod individually testing the folders to see what works and what doesn't I have managed to make a version that has the most of the original files along with the patch that was made for it. my specific computer no longer CTD's on launch my characters are capable of buying the slave shop how ever when I try to access it crashes giving the error code failed to locate item sexslavemanual5Codex I played around with the item naming in the codex folder but it did not fix the problem I looked in the error log  but I really couldn't understand it if anyone could provide assistance that would be greatly appreciated.

ExoticGoodsRevamp.zip

starbound.log

20180622164939_1.jpg

20180622165017_1.jpg

20180622165035_1.jpg

the 1.3 folder structures are different to it predecessors, so you might need to update the files' locations and update all calls/mentions in all files. that will be a lot of work. also it could be possible the mod calls for files that no longer exist in the game and would need to be remade.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/22/2018 at 3:58 PM, bradstion said:

I Will admit that I am nowhere near a pro. when it comes to making mods  but I dug through the mod individually testing the folders to see what works and what doesn't I have managed to make a version that has the most of the original files along with the patch that was made for it. my specific computer no longer CTD's on launch my characters are capable of buying the slave shop how ever when I try to access it crashes giving the error code failed to locate item sexslavemanual5Codex I played around with the item naming in the codex folder but it did not fix the problem I looked in the error log  but I really couldn't understand it if anyone could provide assistance that would be greatly appreciated.

ExoticGoodsRevamp.zip

starbound.log

20180622164939_1.jpg

20180622165017_1.jpg

20180622165035_1.jpg

will someone who knows how  rez this mod? T_T

All codices in Starbound are named "[id]-codex" as far as the game is concerned.  For instance, if your file was named "fnord.codex", with the internal ID "fnord" in the JSON, you would spawn it in-game with "/spawnitem fnord-codex".  This is because the generator for the game automatically appends "-codex" to the ID for every codex object, like the blueprint generator appends "-blueprint" to all generated blueprints.  Inside the slavenetmanual5.codex file, remove the "codex" part after the "id" to leave it as "slavenetmanual5", matching the filename.  In the slavenetmanual5.recipe, ensure you're targetting "slavenetmanual5-codex" exactly.

In short, the .codex file should be named "slavenetmanual5", and the recipe should target "slavenetmanual5-codex".  Just a quirk of the Starbound engine.  It makes sense when you understand the guts of the runtime object generation process, but boggles the mind otherwise.

I've never seen a .codexitem file before, so that file's probably not necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

i started by editing some minor textures and some object files.

the wicker screen in floran villages now has some transparancy as i just deleted every second line of pixels where appropriate.

i added some transparancy to the hylotl shoji screen too (although i couldnt test this one yet.) edit: this was also done by another mod before... i was dumb.

i removed the blanket from the tarbed and added a tarslow-effect to the player when using the bed.

i added nudity to the human torturebed.

if anyone is interested, i could upload those.

• 7 months later...

On 9/11/2018 at 10:55 AM, antediluvian said:

All codices in Starbound are named "[id]-codex" as far as the game is concerned.  For instance, if your file was named "fnord.codex", with the internal ID "fnord" in the JSON, you would spawn it in-game with "/spawnitem fnord-codex".  This is because the generator for the game automatically appends "-codex" to the ID for every codex object, like the blueprint generator appends "-blueprint" to all generated blueprints.  Inside the slavenetmanual5.codex file, remove the "codex" part after the "id" to leave it as "slavenetmanual5", matching the filename.  In the slavenetmanual5.recipe, ensure you're targetting "slavenetmanual5-codex" exactly.

In short, the .codex file should be named "slavenetmanual5", and the recipe should target "slavenetmanual5-codex".  Just a quirk of the Starbound engine.  It makes sense when you understand the guts of the runtime object generation process, but boggles the mind otherwise.

I've never seen a .codexitem file before, so that file's probably not necessary.

Is there a working file I could download? 

On 9/23/2018 at 1:35 AM, DeadSomething said:

i started by editing some minor textures and some object files.

the wicker screen in floran villages now has some transparancy as i just deleted every second line of pixels where appropriate.

i added some transparancy to the hylotl shoji screen too (although i couldnt test this one yet.) edit: this was also done by another mod before... i was dumb.

i removed the blanket from the tarbed and added a tarslow-effect to the player when using the bed.

i added nudity to the human torturebed.

if anyone is interested, i could upload those.

Sure that sounds cool.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...