Starbound!

I actually have been adding various themed buildings to the spawn planet. Recently finished with an arcade/rave/bar entertainment building. Having discovered admin commands, I can spawn NPCs in - including custom ones. Was debating building up a strip club of some sort as another themed building. Not sure how to go about designing that one though.

Can you take some screenshots of your planet? :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Asrienda!

In theory it adds a slave of each race (save the new starkid, lazerkid, whateverkid) that produces various items that can be used to craft things.  Thing is Asrienda, I don't really know, since Starbound only went on sale after the update that prevents the mod from working came out.  The author seems to have abandoned the project and while he is active on nexus, but he doesn't seem to be updating the mod.

Thanks Asrienda!

In theory it adds a slave of each race (save the new starkid, lazerkid, whateverkid) that produces various items that can be used to craft things.  Thing is Asrienda, I don't really know, since Starbound only went on sale after the update that prevents the mod from working came out.  The author seems to have abandoned the project and while he is active on nexus, but he doesn't seem to be updating the mod.

Hm. I was digging through the files and... there's a lot. To convert it might take hours and hours. Hm.

Asrienda, If it is going to be a total pain in the butt then don't worry about it.

What programming language is Starbound modded with by the way? 

You're basically modifying .json files mostly unless you get into scripting, which would be lua.

Ah, okay so we're talking JavaScript and Lua. Figures that it would be two languages I don't know all that well. The log files seemed to keep going on about a character pointer (or what would be a character point in C++) so that was one of the things throwing me off.

Could you give me a summary of the problems, I'm curious and I'd actually like to try and figure out at least part of this. Thanks again for all the help! 

It's not technically javascript, it's .json, which is a format similar in use to XML but different in format. If you've done any programming at all, a .json file is basically the code for defining an object. Here's an example, which should immediately make sense to you :)

This file is apexcommander.chest which defines everything about that clothing item besides of course the images themselves.

{
  "itemName" : "apexcommanderjacket",
  "inventoryIcon" : "icons.png:chest",
  "dropCollision" : [-4.0, -3.0, 4.0, 3.0],
  "maxStack" : 1,
  "rarity" : "Common",
  "description" : "Standard issue Apex Commander jacket.",
  "shortdescription" : "Apex Commander Jacket",
  "tooltipKind" : "armor",

"maleFrames" : {
    "body" : "chestm.png",
    "backSleeve" : "bsleeve.png",
    "frontSleeve" : "fsleeve.png"
  },

"femaleFrames" : {
    "body" : "chestf.png",
    "backSleeve" : "bsleeve.png",
    "frontSleeve" : "fsleeve.png"
  },

"statusEffects" : [
    {
      "stat" : "protection",
      "amount" : 0
    },

{
      "stat" : "maxHealth",
      "amount" : 5
    }
  ],

"colorOptions" : [
    /* RED */
    { "ffca8a" : "f4988c", "e0975c" : "d93a3a", "a85636" : "932625", "6f2919" : "601119" },
    /* BLACK */
    { "ffca8a" : "838383", "e0975c" : "555555", "a85636" : "383838", "6f2919" : "151515" },
    /* GREY */
    { "ffca8a" : "b5b5b5", "e0975c" : "808080", "a85636" : "555555", "6f2919" : "303030" },
    /* WHITE */
    { "ffca8a" : "e6e6e6", "e0975c" : "b6b6b6", "a85636" : "7b7b7b", "6f2919" : "373737" },
    /* RED */
    { "ffca8a" : "f4988c", "e0975c" : "d93a3a", "a85636" : "932625", "6f2919" : "601119" },
    /* ORANGE */
    { "ffca8a" : "ffd495", "e0975c" : "ea9931", "a85636" : "af4e00", "6f2919" : "6e2900" },
    /* YELLOW */
    { "ffca8a" : "ffffa7", "e0975c" : "e2c344", "a85636" : "a46e06", "6f2919" : "642f00" },
    /* GREEN */
    { "ffca8a" : "b2e89d", "e0975c" : "51bd3b", "a85636" : "247824", "6f2919" : "144216" },
    /* BLUE */
    { "ffca8a" : "96cbe7", "e0975c" : "5588d4", "a85636" : "344495", "6f2919" : "1a1c51" },
    /* PURPLE */
    { "ffca8a" : "d29ce7", "e0975c" : "a451c4", "a85636" : "6a2284", "6f2919" : "320c40" },
    /* PINK */
    { "ffca8a" : "eab3db", "e0975c" : "d35eae", "a85636" : "97276d", "6f2919" : "59163f" },
    /* BROWN */
    { "ffca8a" : "ccae7c", "e0975c" : "a47844", "a85636" : "754c23", "6f2919" : "472b13" }
  ]
}

Let me go through the mod piece by piece, I'll edit this post as I check everything.

Animation folder is compatible.

Codex folder is compatible.

Effects folder is compatible.

Interface folder should be compatible. I didn't check them all.

Items\armors, items\crafting, items\generic need to be updated re status effects

Items\tools may need a few things overhauled (only one file though):

inspectionkind -> tooltipkind, strikesound -> strikesounds, remove durabilityregenchart, add breaksound

Monsters folder... idk, I'm honestly too lazy to look through that,  but my gut instinct is that it needs work.
Objects folder needs some work, uiconfig -> interactAction and interactData (a bit more complicated than that) at least... might be more work than that
Particles folder looks ok... I don't know enough about particles.
Recipes folder is compatible.
Statuseffects needs a big overhaul, pretty much a complete rewrite of the .json files including the file structure
Treasure needs a tweak of format for the one file.
The .modinfo file just needs to have the entire "version" line deleted, it's no longer necessary
The player.config file needs some big changes since __merge was removed if I recall correctly.

I haven't looked at any of the .lua files, I have no idea if they're working or not.

To get the base game files to get you started on what things should look like now, look up a tutorial on how to use asset_unpacker.exe which is included with Starbound.

Interesting, I'm used to working with objects in C++ so that is much simpler and rather less complex than I'm used to.

Monster folder only has one sub-folder, which is labeled unique, which contains the "spiderbot" folder. I kind of think that this is where part of the problem is, as it seems to duplicate the spiderbots from the sewer dungeon. 

It has behaviour.lua, body.monsterpart, default.frames, projecties.config, spiderbot.animation, spiderbot.monstertype and spiderbot.png files. Aside from checking the png to see that it is the same spiderbot, I haven't messed with anything in the folder.

Interesting, I'm used to working with objects in C++ so that is much simpler and rather less complex than I'm used to.

Monster folder only has one sub-folder, which is labeled unique, which contains the "spiderbot" folder. I kind of think that this is where part of the problem is, as it seems to duplicate the spiderbots from the sewer dungeon. 

It has behaviour.lua, body.monsterpart, default.frames, projecties.config, spiderbot.animation, spiderbot.monstertype and spiderbot.png files. Aside from checking the png to see that it is the same spiderbot, I haven't messed with anything in the folder.

The way mods work in Starbound is kind of like how they work in Skyrim/Fallout3/NV. If a mod has the same path and name as a vanilla file, it outright replaces it on load. It can be set up to merge instead of replace, but I forget how to do that off the top of my head since it changed this patch. And since the mod uses the old merge for player.config, that's probably one of the more major things that NEED to be fixed. But many things need to be fixed.

• 5 weeks later...

Since you are familliar with C++ then perhaps you could help out with a starbound mod that needs someone with C++ expertise.

http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/6580882/

Just a thought...

if u need a spriter i'm right here in the starbound forums as "delroku" (members/delroku.537449/)

i would really like to help this mod to grow and have a sex api like in Skyrim where all sexmods use it as base

that would be great for the multiplayer too, hire prostitutes, pregnancy, sex slaves. all that great mods from skyrim in starbound. i'm already excited.

Not quite yet. Myself and two others who will remain Mystery Coder and Mystery Animator have started looking through the files of both BwC and Starbound, and we plan to not only revive this mod if the author doesn't object to us taking over, but we've also decided to amp it up a notch. We've recently figured out how to make custom genders and separate sprites for pregnancy, and are planning on several things such as a Animation system that doesn't require you to use up Tech Slots, a method of interacting with NPCs, and maaaaaybe even some monster shennanigans. :3

Are you just posting your updates here or is there a better place to keep track of this project?

Sorry for the late reply, been working on improving both my coding and art abilities so that I may help out more than just getting any news out and providing inspiration and ideas, and I'm not the best at multitasking that with communication. We aren't planning on putting out any releases untill we have something solid to give, sorry! I will say this though, the Java that was used to create the animations is looking at being totally scrapped for a more direct method as well as the Tech system that was used for "equipping" the animations, which has been our coder's main focus when he has free time to work on it. Our artist has already completed most if not all of the vanilla species' animations for the original male and female sets, as well as adding herm variants!

I'd say that's already more than enough to post an update.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Pity that this mod has die

Not quite yet. Myself and two others who will remain Mystery Coder and Mystery Animator have started looking through the files of both BwC and Starbound, and we plan to not only revive this mod if the author doesn't object to us taking over, but we've also decided to amp it up a notch. We've recently figured out how to make custom genders and separate sprites for pregnancy, and are planning on several things such as a Animation system that doesn't require you to use up Tech Slots, a method of interacting with NPCs, and maaaaaybe even some monster shennanigans. :3

uhm.... another lurker here, if you add in pregnancy, could you add male pregnancy if you could?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...