Sanguine Debauchery enhanced: SD+ (January 2022)

Hello,

I really like this mod. i've played with the "old" version for LE, some years ago.

Here, i have a trouble in the SE version.

I'm at the point of the Truth quest when i have to bring the book Mytic Down Commentaries 3. I have the book in my inventory, but when i talk to the "scribe", in his cage, there is nothing about this... I've tried again... and again... so, any idea ? Or maybe the Setstage of the quest ? I don't know how i can find the ID of a quest on the game... And i really don't understand why i don't have the option of talking about the book as i have it !

Edited by AngeHellback
5 hours ago, AngeHellback said:

Hello,

I really like this mod. i've played with the "old" version for LE, some years ago.

Here, i have a trouble in the SE version.

I'm at the point of the Truth quest when i have to bring the book Mytic Down Commentaries 3. I have the book in my inventory, but when i talk to the "scribe", in his cage, there is nothing about this... I've tried again... and again... so, any idea ? Or maybe the Setstage of the quest ? I don't know how i can find the ID of a quest on the game... And i really don't understand why i don't have the option of talking about the book as i have it !

What is the quest stage in your journal at that point in the quest?

I don't remember adding the Mythic Dawn Commentaries to the quest but that could be something I added in the unfinished part of the quest and I forgot about it.

Thank you for your so quick answer !

I took a picture of the quest so you can see.

I've already talked to scholars about the Truth, and Crassius has sent me to Solitude (and i've finished Sheogorath quest and came back to Crassius with the daedric artefact.  I've been able to say to him that i have it. After that, there it is : the new task of finding this book...

And i have it in my inventory... But i can only talk about now with Crassius are always the "old" questions, even asking him who he is even if i already know !

And about  the journal, how may i find it ? I'm sorry, i've never looked for this before.

I see that it is not written  that i talked to the scholar about the Truth and went to solitude and found Sheogorath artefact.

(Just for the fun : i laughed when i saw that i could take Sanguine as follower and even wearing an Amulet of Mara ... My sexy androgynous wood elf is engaged to Sanguine... This is so funny...)

244234985_SanguineDebauchery.thumb.jpg.51cd24b9321dca8722f41c2150546739.jpg

Edited by AngeHellback
3 hours ago, AngeHellback said:

Thank you for your so quick answer !

I took a picture of the quest so you can see.

I've already talked to scholars about the Truth, and Crassius has sent me to Solitude (and i've finished Sheogorath quest and came back to Crassius with the daedric artefact.  I've been able to say to him that i have it. After that, there it is : the new task of finding this book...

And i have it in my inventory... But i can only talk about now with Crassius are always the "old" questions, even asking him who he is even if i already know !

And about  the journal, how may i find it ? I'm sorry, i've never looked for this before.

I see that it is not written  that i talked to the scholar about the Truth and went to solitude and found Sheogorath artefact.

(Just for the fun : i laughed when i saw that i could take Sanguine as follower and even wearing an Amulet of Mara ... My sexy androgynous wood elf is engaged to Sanguine... This is so funny...)

244234985_SanguineDebauchery.thumb.jpg.51cd24b9321dca8722f41c2150546739.jpg

Ok.. I wanted to make sure.

This is as far as the quest goes so far. It is normal Crassius or Sanguine do not react to the book in your inventory yet.

I started working on the end of the quest last year and got derailed by drama at work and never got back to it.

I am hoping to find the time to finish it this summer.

I think there is a bug when Meeko is your follower. Every time I approach him the Master dialogue pop-up shows up. I have to click exit to get out of it. And after that he tries to overpower the player like every dog when he gets to close which is equally annoying^^

7 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

I think there is a bug when Meeko is your follower. Every time I approach him the Master dialogue pop-up shows up. I have to click exit to get out of it. And after that he tries to overpower the player like every dog when he gets to close which is equally annoying^^

Isn't that an issue with most creature followers?

Now I have to try that again ^^

2 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

You, you think it's possible to add a MCM option to exclude follower creatures?

I mean if you ever get bored maybe ?

Considering Creature followers come with their own menu anyway. maybe I could just exclude them from the Dialogues menu altogether by default.

15 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Considering Creature followers come with their own menu anyway. maybe I could just exclude them from the Dialogues menu altogether by default.

You mean the vanilla creature followers? Sounds so easy if you write it like that.

I thought about custom creature followers. I can't remember how they reacted over one year ago with SL dialogues.

Just now found my mod backup HDD again, lets see how that goes.

What about creature summons? Could it be that they also get registered for SL dialogue creature approach?

1 hour ago, donttouchmethere said:

You mean the vanilla creature followers? Sounds so easy if you write it like that.

I thought about custom creature followers. I can't remember how they reacted over one year ago with SL dialogues.

Just now found my mod backup HDD again, lets see how that goes.

What about creature summons? Could it be that they also get registered for SL dialogue creature approach?

I meant blocking anyone in the Player Followers faction from that custom popup menu.

Creature summons wouldn't be affected I think.. having them try to hump the player looks more like a feature than a bug to me. Summoning shouldn't be without its risks.

Edited by DeepBlueFrog
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2023 at 10:24 AM, DeepBlueFrog said:

I adapted the code from a simpler mod that only added crawling animations.

It took some time to make it work as I recall.

Not sure how much of that you can adapt to Fallout.

The first thing I would do is see if Fallout has a simple crawling mod as well and study the code of that mod.

Fallout 4 does have a crawling mod but its just a sneak replacer I am hoping to use the automatic system you implement and try to pack port it to my mod basicly i want to do a animation replacer via a global variable rather then just replace the animation forever just while the global variable is 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, when enslaved are bandits supposed to be hostile to your owner? Makes certain scenes incredibly hard. Particularly with cages, but I dont really know what is causing it or if its intended. If intended, i've only been able to get along using kill command. Cuz the ai just cant figure out how to get to eachother. Which I mean, that's just skyrim in a nutshell haha. Come to think of it, it could also be that simple slavery just simply assigned the owner to no faction? Or perhaps a faction not related to bandits. Maybe that's what makes the big difference. Don't know.

The owner also doesnt seem to wanna move until night time sometimes. Like she doesn't bother to follow me well. She walks and stops over and over  and occasionnaly i'll get a huge lag spike for 1 second. Not entirely sure what is going on. Perhaps script overload i'd imagine. Probably nothing that can be done about beyond, well. Uninstalling a bunch of mods probably.

Edited by Tayte
On 7/14/2023 at 3:53 PM, Tayte said:

Hmm, when enslaved are bandits supposed to be hostile to your owner? Makes certain scenes incredibly hard. Particularly with cages, but I dont really know what is causing it or if its intended. If intended, i've only been able to get along using kill command. Cuz the ai just cant figure out how to get to eachother. Which I mean, that's just skyrim in a nutshell haha. Come to think of it, it could also be that simple slavery just simply assigned the owner to no faction? Or perhaps a faction not related to bandits. Maybe that's what makes the big difference. Don't know.

The owner also doesnt seem to wanna move until night time sometimes. Like she doesn't bother to follow me well. She walks and stops over and over  and occasionnaly i'll get a huge lag spike for 1 second. Not entirely sure what is going on. Perhaps script overload i'd imagine. Probably nothing that can be done about beyond, well. Uninstalling a bunch of mods probably.

Faction conflicts are impossible to avoid in Skyrim, especially as the number of mods multiply.

Even with plain Skyrim, some bandits leaders have different factions than their gang, and the slightest change to their faction makes the gang members attack their leader.

I tried to reduce that by making every owner part of the Bandits faction by default but that introduced other problems. 

I just don't know how to fix that issue at the moment.

4 hours ago, bnetladder said:

When enslaved, message says that I'm collared and chained, but none of the devices are equipped.

Also when  I try to escape, the owner never chase me.

Is there any solution to fix these issues?

Looks like the mod didn't start properly.

Did you save and reload after first enabling it?

4 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Yet again, I started "The truth" just by doing the thieves guild quests... I haven't visited the dreamworl befor ever. It would be great if the truth couldn't trigger by proximity no matter how far you are in the mod.

Did it start when you came across Sanguine's altar under the meadery?

What were you doing when it happened?

Did you try doing anything special like sleep in front of it? or did it just happen?

On 6/18/2023 at 9:25 PM, DeepBlueFrog said:

Ok.. I wanted to make sure.

This is as far as the quest goes so far. It is normal Crassius or Sanguine do not react to the book in your inventory yet.

I started working on the end of the quest last year and got derailed by drama at work and never got back to it.

I am hoping to find the time to finish it this summer.

Ah, okay, ran into the same thing, though I couldn't do the quest to get the blade (because the jerk for some reason attacked me in town and the guards murdered him), so I had to manually progress the quest past his involvement.  Either way, guess I'll wait on that as well.

GuruSR.

9 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:
14 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Did it start when you came across Sanguine's altar under the meadery?

That is exactly what I tried to say^^ The thieves guild quest brings you there. I just walked pass it.

7 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

That is exactly what I tried to say^^ The thieves guild quest brings you there. I just walked pass it.

It brings you there but as long as you don’t sleep on the bed it should not start the quest for you.

Did it?