NudeShy X (X5 BETA #10.4)

I've noticed cases of sudden skirt disappearance on the females in my game. They aren't dropped or unequipped, but actually removed from the game world as it seems. It seems to happen when Nudeshy assigns underwear to the NPC.

Edit: Found the problem. Since I'm running a non-english Oblivion there are several vanilla clothes that have "bra" in their name, which causes Nudeshy to treat them as underwear. Fixed this on my end by changing the names of affected clothes.

• 3 weeks later...

I love, love, love this mod; you did an amazing job and thank you for the easy configurations on ini file.

Quick question though, when the character is fully naked is she so posed to only cover her breasts as she moves? When standing still she covers up everything but when walking or running she only cover their upper body.

You could add a rare nudity reward where the character is buffed by being nude. This would allow me to keep using my nudist character with this mod ^_^

You could also give an in game option of the character's personality with a question.

"How do you feel about people seeing you naked?"

>It's embarrassing! (Crouch defeat)

>I wouldn't be able to bare being so embarrassed! (Running defeat)

>It sounds....pretty sexy actually... (Erotic defeat)

>I don't see what the problem is. (No defeat)

>I prefer to be naked, actually. (Nudist option)

Lastly, you include an exempt actor list.

Hm. yeah, that sounds good. I'll see what I can do to make that happen. For the running defeat, though, I might make that the debuff so the player will run naturally instead of being forced to do it.

I've actually been sitting on a new version of NudeShy for a while. It has a new experimental hit detection system that lets even things like DMC SSS mod break armor (in the currently uploaded stable version, this cannot happen), a new option that lets armor fall off instead of just being unequipped (as a result of this, I've found a way to make dropped broken armor be at 0 HP when dropped), options for clothing and armor to have a chance to be permanently destroyed, and some bugfixes.

I just feel like this isn't enough content to make a new release.

The problem is my mind is in art mode lately so I haven't gotten to making the other new features I've been planning.

Like, I at least want to make armor shards and clothing pieces that fall to the ground when something breaks permanently. If I really got into coding, I would add an NPC that could put armor or clothing back together if you pick all the pieces back up, but I'm not sure if that's a dumb idea or not. :P

and I also want to make the player defeat debuffs and new ecchi spells, too but I haven't gotten to that either that either.

I just thought I'd give you guys a heads up on where the development's been going lately. XP

Cool idea. My worry is that sometimes it can be very annoying when an armor breaks into pieces, fall to the ground and scatter all around. Picking them up would be a tough work unless we have a magic like detect item in Morrowind X[

The second worry is that creating those shards can also be a tedious work if you decide to create them yourself. I'm not sure if populating thousands of gnd items is a good idea or not... perhaps you should find a replacement instead of using (number of shards) x (number of armor pieces) of different gnd items.

NVM, vanilla break armor will be updated, maybe... tomorrow. Take a look at my thread.

I forgot to mention that I've completed the NPC clothing search feature, too. NPC's now look for every piece of armor that fell off of them and pick them up after battle. If they can't find their clothing or armor specifically, they'll look for another piece of armor just like it. They will also automatically dress themselves outside of battle (if you set the option), so you don't have to keep telling your companions to dress themselves (only works with Mad Companionship, at the moment).

This creates some pretty awesome ecchi moments. One time, I was raiding a temple that was full of female bandits and I let the ones that had a modestydefeat live. One of them wasn't finished with me, though, so after she got back up (it was a crouching defeat) and I'd walked away, she found some clothes, dressed herself, and did a surprise attack on me. I was amazed at the time because the enemy's natural AI seemed to blend right in with NudeShy to create what seemed like a pretty realistic response!

Now, about that broken armor feature, I guess there is the danger of all of the shards and pieces of clothing and armor creating save bloat when there are too many instances of permanently broken armor. I hadn't thought about that before. I'm not too sure what to do about that. This would in theory be especially bad for people who really like this feature and set the chance of something breaking permanently really high.

I could make it so all of the shards that weren't picked up by the player would be deleted once the player leaves the room. The problem with this solution is that it only gives the player one chance before the armor is lost forever.

I could forget shards and pieces all together and just have it drop the armor with the prefix "broken", but that's not quite as cool.

hmm... I'll think of something.

Shia, maybe you could set the game to delete the shards after a certain number of in-game days? That way, you can leave the cell and come back, but if you can't find them all, they eventually delete themselves anyway. I honestly can't remember if that's possible in Oblivion, or just something I've seen done with Skyrim.

Also, to further the shards idea, maybe it would be possible to make a way for only partially repairing armor based on the number of shards. It would be coolest if it pointed at one of the broken meshes, with that armor having its own stats (e.g. find ~50% of the shards, and get them put together using the first or second stage broken .nif as the new fully repaired state.)

I can see that being a lot of work, though. That would be a TON of new armors to have to create in the CS. Just a thought.

As for the currently unreleased build: oh God, you made it so broken armor doesn't magically fix itself! That alone makes this new build worth waiting for.

Right now, I'm focusing on the shards. I was actually able to make the shards always use the same texture as the broken armor! It requires NifSE, though, so I'll keep the texture switching as an option, so people aren't forced to download NifSE if they don't want to.

I have been thinking about what to do with the shards. As a base, I've made it so every shard of armor is worth 2 gold and each clothing shred is worth 1 gold. This way, if people want to pick up the shards, they can sell them to get a small return on their armor.

I'm still thinking about rebuilding armor, though. I was thinking I could make a bigger shard fall down as the "base" shard with the name of the original armor that broke, then have an NPC be able to rebuild it if the player keeps a certain amount of shards to go with it. I'm not exactly sure how to code that, though, to be honest.

I was also thinking about your idea, but you're right. It would require a lot of work.

for the shards themselves, I might try putting a script on all of them that makes them all have a timer that makes them delete themselves after a certain amount of days.

The safest idea would be to make them all delete themselves when the player leaves the area, though. It has the least potential footprint.

Anyway, at this particular moment, I'm trying to make a way to determine how many shards should fall from which piece of armor or clothing. Because 25 shreds falling from a robe makes sense, but 25 shreds falling when a pair of panties get ripped looks very strange.

I thought about basing it off of how much the armor is worth, but that method is questionable and not very reliable.

I also thought that it may be possible to see what the model's radius is using NifSE, but I haven't found a command like that just yet. GetBoundingRadius also doesn't seem to work. It seems that if I'm going to make this work, I'm going to need to use some sort of really roundabout way, if at all.

If anyone has any ideas about this, go ahead and pitch them to me. x_x

The safest idea would be to make them all delete themselves when the player leaves the area' date=' though. It has the least potential footprint.

[/quote']

That probably wouldn't be the coolest idea. You don't want to attach gamemode script to every last bit of shards. That's just too heavy.

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/24606

Read the readme of this mod and see how it handles the deletion of unnecessary items.

But since I'm not good at these matters, use it just for reference.

No no, see that's exactly what I want to avoid. I would probably use a persistent reference that checks the area for shards every time the player leaves the area. That way, there is only one reference doing the work whenever the player leaves.

But your link could be very helpful. I'll check it out.

edit: looks like that mod does the same thing. :P

Yeah, I'll probably just go with the persistent reference idea.

And perhaps I should mention this.

When Nudeshy is active. Randomly (an) npcs undress themselves.

Sometimes their armor health is very low even if no battle has occured. (Not sure about this, though)

And sometimes, missing mesh sign (WTF) suddenly appears on a nude npc, its mod index is yours.

Can you resolve these? Sorry if these had been discussed before.

Finally finished the shards and cloth shreds with a callback function to boot. Other modders can now use NudeShy to make armor break into shards that share the same texture if they want.

Working on player modestydefeats now.

the runaway defeat and the crouching defeat are identical, except the character crouches in the crouching one, obviously. in both of them, you get a pretty debilitating debuff that also makes you run faster. It encourages you to let your character run away, but you can make your character weakly and halfheartedly keep fighting if you think it's necessary. It's hard to hit as hard when you're embarrassed. :P

modestydefeat 3 works the same as it does on NPC's, but there is a hidden meter for the player. Putting on clothes does not make your character's hidden meter instantly go back to normal. you'll have to stay clothed for a while for your character to calm down. If you keep becoming clothed and unclothed, your character will be quicker to have a modestydefeat.

There are also options for no modestydefeat at all and a nudist option that gives buffs when nude.

I might abandon the different ecchi spells idea. I get the feeling they'll just make the game easier and boring for people. x_x

And perhaps I should mention this.

When Nudeshy is active. Randomly (an) npcs undress themselves.

Sometimes their armor health is very low even if no battle has occured. (Not sure about this' date=' though)

And sometimes, missing mesh sign (WTF) suddenly appears on a nude npc, its mod index is yours.

Can you resolve these? Sorry if these had been discussed before.

[/quote']

I think I fixed the randomly undressing issue, but I'm still testing.

the WTF sign is the invisible persistent references doing their part for the game.

Try getting the missing mesh hider. In the meantime, I can try to find a way to hide them when they're not being used.

Try getting the missing mesh hider. In the meantime' date=' I can try to find a way to hide them when they're not being used.

[/quote']

The easiest approach might be to assign an invisible mesh to any items you add that shouldn't be visible (also works for actors)

Here's the mesh I use. I can't remember if I made it or downloaded it somewhere.

InvisibleMesh.7z

obse log

WARNING: substantial numbers of string variables exist for the following files (may indicate savegame bloat):
   SetBody.esp (748 strings)
   MiniMap.esp (117 strings)
   Nudeshy X.esp (35759 strings)
   BreakArmor.esp (2406 strings)

Hmm Shia I know this is not a save bloat, but saving takes bit long. Any recommended ini setting or something to reduce the footprint? I've disabled H combat for now. & no undergarment.

You know, i was looking through my mods while managing them in OBMM, and i moused over the NudeShy plugins, which said the author was Maskar...

And having recently downloaded and tried all the awesome basic personal hygiene and basic needs mods and the Maskar Overhaul, i was highly surprised!

Awesome work on the mods man, has made my game much more immersive.

EDIT: Also I think your overhaul is pretty damn awesome, deserves it's own thread somewhere on LL. It's not a pain in the ass like Oscuro/FCOM to install.

EDIT2: Made a thread about Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul here in order to keep this thread on topic: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=15284&pid=315983#pid315983