NudeShy X (X5 BETA #10.4)

I was wondering if the new version will include male player embarrassment.  In 4.1 male npcs have modesty defeats but the player does not, even with shyness.

Do you mean modestydefeats or just covering up? because as far as I remember, I haven't added male modestydefeats to the game yet.

i mentioned this a while ago but please remember to include armor exclusions for the next update in the nudeshy ini, not just clothing, so i can make sure the monstergirl coc baddies dont explode into a bunch of mesh errors.

Already added in x5. b^_^d

I want to try to release x5 this weekend.

in the little coding I found time to do tonight, I was able to fix the hit detection system not discriminating, so scripted HP reductions or things like drowning will no longer hurt armor, while at the same time, it will not kill the FPS when there are more NPC's around.

Right now, there are a few problems with what I have.

I can't get block detection to work, because of the new optimized hit detection system. It may annoy some, but I may release it with this problem and pass it on to the next version. -- EDIT: Found a way. ^_^

I want to fix this over the weekend, but right now, there isn't any way to tell nudeshy if you want player modestydefeats to happen when breakarmor armor is damaged or not (when armor is under user-set nudity thresholds).

I still have not created the middle-ground option for break armor, where if the armor is breakarmor, it will not break it right away during cmobat and instead, will let the armor get to 0% HP, but at that point every hit has a chance to break it (knock it off or break permanently).

And apparently, male PC's are not covering up. :/

Hopefully I can fix these problems before the weekend ends and I can release it to everyone so they can tell me about all the bugs I missed during testing. :D

EDIT: all features created and bugs fixed. I'll test for the next day or so to see if it's releasable.

Wow, soo many bugs fixed...

Also, I've added something new. It's the NPC behavior corrector.

The hard-coded NPC equip handler is just stupid. if they ever get their weapon ready, they automatically  equip whatever armor they have in their inventory.

If their weapon is not ready and they're out of combat, they'll equip clothing.

The dumb parts are that they always equip the most expensive equipment in both instances. Also, for example, if they don't have clothing, then outside of battle, they'll wear nothing. :|

They apparently have not coded for the scenario of an NPC not having a full outfit of clothing or armor, but still some of each (armor pants, clothing shirt, clothing shoes, etc).

That being the case, I've written some code for Nudeshy Undergarments that should fix that. If they try to unequip their clothing to be naked outside of battle, they'll instead put back on their armor if they can't find appropriate clothing. If they try to equip underwear outside of battle, they'll put regular clothing on instead. It has two settings and an option to turn it off.

The first setting only corrects behavior if the NPC tries to equip underwear. The second setting corrects all dumb NPC equipping behavior.

I've also created a new feature that allows NPC's to get new equips if they stay naked for an entire day. If they have nothing to equip when the new day starts, they'll be given new equips. This way, none of the NPCs will be naked forever, which also means even less babysitting for companions. I'm trying to decide if there should be restrictions on it, like they don't get new equips in oblivion, or they have to be in an interior or an inn to get new equips. hmmm...

It's working pretty well. On the top of the above mentioned bugfixes and features, x5 is turning out to run really smoothly.

That said, I'm not too confident in it. While I've made it playable on my machine, I'm not so sure it's acceptable for release, so right now I've given myself 2 options.

I can keep it to myself and continue testing internally or I can release a beta for x5 and have those who are willing test it for me and find as many bugs as they can.

I'm not sure which idea is better, though.

I suggest a beta release. You could post a link here in a post rather than the front page if you don't want to confuse some people who might not read the entire post about it being beta.

Having more than one pair of eyes go over something is very helpful in some cases. We might catch something that you did not or encounter a bug you didn't.

FINALLY I was able to optimize the game to what I see as an acceptable level.

Turns out, the game was trying to run scripts like crazy, even for people who weren't in the same cell as the player.

so, if today's testing goes well, I'll release a beta.

;modestydefeat2time will control how long your opponent will cover themselves when overwhelmed with embarrassment. This is measured in frames.

What is meant by 'frames'? Seconds? 

This 5 version is very good one - optimized. :)

I would assume frames means frames, fo if you're running at 60 fps, or frames-per-second, then 1 frame will be 1/60th of a second.

I don't know about anyone else but I get about 30fps, but it can certainly drop to 20 in some areas outdoors, so maybe frames aren't the best unit to measure time in.

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/127819764-3.jpg

Something trolls my mods and the game crshes during the battles. 

Including nudysh x eps in the bashed patched maybe will help. 

I also get missing meshes although I have them installed. 

I will get back at you guys once I figure out what casues the crashes. Maybe again I corrupted Colourwheels Sexy Oblivion OverHaul EDIT esp I am running. 

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/15914-individual-mods-from-colourwheels-sexy-oblivion-overhaul/

Testing out the player modesty defeats, I've noticed that if I have the flee or masturbate options on, I will still be forced to crouch when the defeat activates. In addition to this, I regain control of my character before the crouching animation is done, which results in weirdly sliding across the ground. Sometimes, the crouch animation ends, but I never regain control and my HUD stays invisible.

One more thing: should enemies be disregarding me and/or running away during the crouch defeat? I have the INI option to make NPCs ignore other defeated NPCs turned off, but i'm not sure if that is intended to effect the player as well.

That's seemingly a result of the engine and how it handles "disableplayercontrols"

It affects the way NPCs handle combat with the player.

I might switch to using "disablecontrol" in a later version of the beta, so the NPCs don't ignore the player during a crouch defeat.

Also, thanks. I hadn't realized that the mb and running player modestydefeats were somehow being affected by the crouching one. I'll look into it.

That bug must have been created in the last few changes I made to player modestydefeats.

I might switch to using "disablecontrol" in a later version of the beta, so the NPCs don't ignore the player during a crouch defeat.

I don't mind so much that they stop attacking you during the crouch, but enemies generally seem to run off in a random direction, which feels very strange considering they've just battered a naked girl into the fetal position.

I have tried out the new version and the performance is much better, thanks Shia.

I do have a problem however.

I have Nifse installed correctly and the right options turned on in the .ini file, but shards are never produced when my characters armor is broken, it is just unequipped instead (it never seems to drop off)

Do you have any idea what might cause this?

so you've enabled NifSE, have NifSE installed, and enabled the shards system.

The shards system kicks in when a piece of armor is broken permanently. Did you set a chance for permanently broken armor or permanently shredded clothing in your ini file? If those are set to 0, the shards system won't kick in.

so you've enabled NifSE, have NifSE installed, and enabled the shards system.

The shards system kicks in when a piece of armor is broken permanently. Did you set a chance for permanently broken armor or permanently shredded clothing in your ini file? If those are set to 0, the shards system won't kick in.

Both of the chances for permantly broken armors and clothing are set to a value of 100.

Is the nudeshy.ini file provided set up correctly to enable the shards system by default?

To test the shards system, I am using clothes as that is ripped off much quicker than armor (although for me it just falls off, never breaks into shards).