NudeShy X (X5 BETA #10.4)

Yes, understood and clearly something made for the Plug & Play crowd.

My point was it is just another tool. MCM uses in-game menus, where previous tools used their own interface and menu to do config. Same principle, slightly different approach to accomplish the same goal or goals.

Since the original poster did not replay back I consider it all moot anyways.

• 1 year later...

I've been trying to use this mod with a male (player) character and it doesn't seem to work. It works fine with a female character (differently from the posts above). I'm merely trying to make the embarrassed animations kick in when naked, and not the more advanced functionalities people say won't work with males throughout this thread. "malecancoverself" is set to 1 in the ini.

I've checked the scripts of the mod and it seems that a script specifically for male characters animations is actually in there, so I don't really get it. There's even specific text for male characters in the menu. Would anyone know if the the script is incomplete? Or more simply, could anyone make the animations work with male characters?

Review the other INI settings besides malecancoverself. You may need to enable or set the embarrassed level for your PC or NPCs, there in the INI or in-game has two spells to do so. I recall having issues with one of those spells not setting or staying in memory too. I've never played a male PC so no direct help there.

I checked the ini quite thoroughly.

I've taken a look at the scripts and may have found something: on the line 121 of the "CheckNudeMale" script (NudeShy X.esp), the line:

set nudity to call nudeshycallbacknudityfunction me

seems to not be calling the function. Just below that there's a conditional with the "nudity" variable. Nudity is always being set to 0, no matter what the character is wearing. MesageBoxes put in the function won't appear with that syntax, too (they do appear with simple "call nudeshy... me").

Is that the correct syntax? Any other clues, perhaps?

On the topic of debugging, how do I print a variable on screen? "MessageBox nudity", on the case above, would just display "nudity", instead of the variable value.

Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind. It is calling the function. Now it appears that the function is always returning 0... which makes no sense since the maker explicitly states in the readme to use this very function for modding. I don't think he would do that with a broken function.

Edit 2: I was probably messing with the wrong script, lol. checknudeplayer is the one who seems to work for females. I'll wait for a while until I tackle this again. If someone has any hints on the meantime, I'm all ears!

Alright. Simply removing the gender checks from checknudeplayer seems to make the animations start. However, the idle animation keeps resetting in a strange way if I'm not moving the camera. Any tips?

(it seems that using player.toggleSpecialAnim 1 outside the mod gives the same problem with the idle animation)

I recall that at one point at least one other member was working on this, besides the original poster, ShiaNekoChan. Some stuff may have been altered.

Best suggestion I have is to go back through the thread and try and find where male gender was first introduced. It may lend some clues as to what was changed to enable this for males. 

EDIT:

I actually only had to go back one page to see this has not been worked on since 09 May 2014, and ShiaNekoChan has not logged in since March 2015. So the male gender was never implemented it seems.

Since I don't have a male PC to test with I'm of no real help.

Edited by varenne
  • 4 months later...

So I get a ton of crashes on 10.4, just like I did when I used it in the past... I'm gonna dig through the forum but does anyone know a more stable earlier version of this? After a while it seems to crash every time I get armor break by melee/h2h, just makes my game unplayable.

@ GermanDeathKittiez - I had 10.4 working quite well, again just recently, but actually don't keep it active all the time. Could it be the armor you are using? You may be experiencing a script conflict if it is a BU or BA armor, if those are also active.

I noticed this MOD seems to override my BA settings for % break. You may need to try adjusting various settings in the INI. Some can be a bit wonky as I recall from testing a while back. Post or PM me which specific armor you are getting CTDs from, along with your current INI settings and I can test it on my end too.

Haven't been using BA or BU armors, but I have the break armor framework installed. I think it's my companion, who's from Side's Sailing Ships. I get instant CTD if I attack her, and when fighting NPC's with her I get CTD's a lot, only when NudeShy's installed. Could be a conflict with that mod maybe... I wonder if it could also conflict with Oblivion Reborn equipment settings... because when my head armor gets broken sometimes it just auto-reequips repeatedly. The equipment settings change clothes when sleeping, swimming etc. Thanks for the quick reply.

Were I to guess I'd say yes to both as far as them conflicting with this MOD. I don't use either of these MODs, so very little direct help.

You could try adjusting the equipment settings for Oblivion Reborn, but it may need more than that to make it compatible with this MOD. The latest version of this MOD is rather extensive as far as equipment settings.

Side's Sailing Ships NPCs I imagine are using scripts and/or quests with scripts so again, they may need to be adjusted or edited to work right with this MOD. If you are consistently using just one of the NPCs, you may be able to edit just that one, or alternately clone them and make them a companion.

• 6 months later...

@ GermanDeathKittiez - I had 10.4 working quite well, again just recently, but actually don't keep it active all the time. Could it be the armor you are using? You may be experiencing a script conflict if it is a BU or BA armor, if those are also active.

I noticed this MOD seems to override my BA settings for % break. You may need to try adjusting various settings in the INI. Some can be a bit wonky as I recall from testing a while back. Post or PM me which specific armor you are getting CTDs from, along with your current INI settings and I can test it on my end too.

Haven't been using BA or BU armors, but I have the break armor framework installed. I think it's my companion, who's from Side's Sailing Ships. I get instant CTD if I attack her, and when fighting NPC's with her I get CTD's a lot, only when NudeShy's installed. Could be a conflict with that mod maybe... I wonder if it could also conflict with Oblivion Reborn equipment settings... because when my head armor gets broken sometimes it just auto-reequips repeatedly. The equipment settings change clothes when sleeping, swimming etc. Thanks for the quick reply.

Were I to guess I'd say yes to both as far as them conflicting with this MOD. I don't use either of these MODs, so very little direct help.

You could try adjusting the equipment settings for Oblivion Reborn, but it may need more than that to make it compatible with this MOD. The latest version of this MOD is rather extensive as far as equipment settings.

Side's Sailing Ships NPCs I imagine are using scripts and/or quests with scripts so again, they may need to be adjusted or edited to work right with this MOD. If you are consistently using just one of the NPCs, you may be able to edit just that one, or alternately clone them and make them a companion.

I was trying to figure out how Nudeshy is crashing my game when in combat. It turned out I had 

set nudeshymbenabled to 1

This set to 1 when I didn't have LoversMB2 because I use Darkbloodlines which has its own mastur system.

The same goes for set nudeshyestrusenabled to 1. If you don't have then you need to change it to zero because both of those settings are set to 1 in the default Nudeshy.ini.

• 1 year later...

Thank you for this great mod!

I wanted to ask one thing: is it possible to make this work with enhanced camera mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44337) ? I noticed that while being in first person none of the cover animations can be seen on my character. I'm using some other animation mods, like walking, running and jumping - all of them are playing nicely together with enhanced camera, hence my question.

• 1 year later...
On 12/30/2016 at 11:26 PM, Nepro said:

I was trying to figure out how Nudeshy is crashing my game when in combat. It turned out I had 

I know this comment is really old and the mod is not being updated anymore, but if anyone is new here and is looking to pick up this mod to try it's Nudity and Shy animations, do yourself a favor, go to the NudeShy.ini, look for these settings and disable nudeshymbenabled & nudeshyestrusenabled.

Seriously, go to the ini and look for the lines

set nudeshyestrusenabled to 1

and change them to

set nudeshyestrusenabled to 0
set nudeshymbenabled to 0

I have played a very crash intensive playthrough with the Mb setting enabled and somehow was able to play for over 15 hours, I just disabled them and whatever crash I was experiencing on my new playthrough seems to be gone for now.

Also, make sure these lines:

set chanceofmodestydefeat1 to 45
set chanceofmodestydefeat2 to 30
set chanceofnomodestydefeat to 10
set chanceofmodestydefeat3 to 15

are set to something like this, it should all amount to 100:

set chanceofnomodestydefeat to 25
set chanceofmodestydefeat3 to 0

You want to make sure the modestydefeat3 is disabled fully, not only will it most probably break your game, it also won't ever work. I had this setting enabled and never had an NPC experience a modestydefeat on which they began to touch themselves.

Even then, I am not sure how hard Nudeshy can break saves after you just want to reload, I've often had times where I needed to backtrack savefiles to be able to play since Nudeshy got something broken again. However, after disabling these settings I am eager to test how stable it is now.

On 8/1/2020 at 1:01 AM, LostData751 said:

are set to something like this, it should all amount to 100:

set chanceofnomodestydefeat to 25
set chanceofmodestydefeat3 to 0

Actually, anybody who uses this might consider setting the chanceofnomodestydefeat to 100, let me explain.

After a bunch more hours of playtesting, having made the previously mentioned changes, I only had my game crash half as much, which was every 15 minutes, still too unstable.

Before all of this I didn't use Setbody or the Autosetbody feature and I still had the game crash every 30 or 40 minutes using Nudeshy(if going in dungeons with Bandits or Marauders, monster caves are fine). Now, however nudeshy handles the bodies and the Updat3d command is beyond me, I tried looking at the scripts to find anything potentially broken or something that could be tweaked, I didn't find anything helpful, also because this esp has A LOT of scripts running, some running 10x as fast as the Lovers' ones.

So, the problem with Modesty defeats is they will interrupt, break and reset other NPCs AI packages, even it's own AI/Script Packages, this proves fatally unstable if you are using any Companions or any NPC Following you such as slaves, the game will almost always crash if NPCs get in a fight. The NPC shyness value can and will reset on random NPCs and occasionally a "fleeing" defeated NPC currently following you will start running in circles while following you, saving the game and attempting to reload will crash the game, this can be restored by disabling all of Nudeshy's esp, reloading & saving... and then you could reenable Nudeshy again.

Now, before this I had made sure the Editor IDs of the bras & panties of the underwear esp file I use don't have a 0 at the start of the IDs(previous esp I used did), I've seen general recommendations stating adding any number before script names is a big mistake, but I only found a single person in the nexus forums stating that having the same happen with Editor IDS of objects/items/anything also amplifies the amount of crashes, and this seemed true, the moment I made such changes, the game gained 4x stability, I also didn't add them to the undergarments2.ini for Nudeshy to prevent them from being incorrectly distributed by Nudeshy, which doesn't seem to distribute them properly when using Setbody.
I also made sure the underwear is worth 0 gold, explanation further down.

The general rule for getting Nudeshy to work as stable as possible is preventing it from constantly running most of it's scripts and overrides, for example since NPCs always wear the highest value item if they have lowerclass pants and they have panties and they have the same value, they will almost always equip the panties first, quickly switching back and forth until they stay with the pants due to the "nudeshydressbehaviorcorrector", I have had crashes when this happens upon exiting/entering cells or simply being around undecisive female actors and I believe is the reason some saves get fully corrupted.

To simplify what should be done when using Nudeshy

• Change the ini and be sure the chanceofnomodestydefeat is 100, the rest should be at 0, additionally I disabled most values related to modestydefeats.
  • Make sure the Underwear that ends up being handled by Nudeshy is worth 0 gold, constant "corrections" are the go-to if you want to crash, additionally I removed every value from nudeshyundergarments2.ini since it doesn't work well with Setbody.
  • Disable additional features that may not help with stability:
    set NudeshyCanAskForHelp to 0 ; This feature wasn't even polished nearly enough to be functional as stated by ShiaNekoChan
    set nudeshyenabledeathfixer to 0 ; Meant to fix ragdolls on death, ShiaNekoChan said it may be turned off
    			 if it interfered with anything, also it is experimental.
    set nudeshyuseshards to 0 ; When browsing the scripts looking into how the scripts behaved I noticed something regarding
    			 "nif" commands, some of which my OBSE didn't consider actual commands. This one is more of a
    			 personal choice of "What should be disabled" specially because I don't use the "destruction"
    			 of items and don't have any shards showing up anyway, but one can't be too sure.

Only with these settings I was able to get a room (cave to be exact) full of actors fight on a 3v3 scenario without a crash, I don't think a playthrough without crashes is possible however. That is that for now, if anyone knows of any other way to get this mod to work even better, please let me be the first to know.

And lastly, a huge thanks to ShiaNekoChan for working on this.

• 2 months later...

I'm just gonna post this question here since there's not many or other places to put this, but if you use the Nudeshy X.esp and there's Nude female NPC's in a cell, they will cause major constant fps drop for each of them in the cell. I'm not sure why this happens, if I were to guess I'd say it's an unoptimized script.

For a while now I've been editing the esp and it's scripts to see if I can fix this issue. I tried reducing delay timers of quest scripts to no avail.

Recently, I decided to delete a script at a time and one that when deleted would remove this major performance drop was the "nudeshyIhaveotherclothes" script, I think it could just be causing something else to stop working, but I can't find anything pointing elsewhere, this script is called by another one called "checknudeobjectscript" which I had deleted prior, to test and narrow down the scripts causing the issue.

Script in question:

Spoiler

scn nudeshyIhaveotherclothes

ref me
string_var countasnudeupper2
array_var canttouchthis
string_var countasnudelower2
array_var canttouchthis2
array_var clothing
array_var wtf

array_var wtf2
int haveshirt
int havepants
array_var equipper
ref equip
string_Var thisthing
string_var actuallyonepiece2
array_var canttouchthis3

begin function { me }

let CountAsNudeUpper2 := takeplayeroptions.CountAsNudeUpper

let canttouchthis := sv_Split CountAsNudeUpper2 "|"

let CountAsNudeLower2 := takeplayeroptions.CountAsNudeLower

let canttouchthis2 := sv_Split CountAsNudeLower2 "|"

let ActuallyOnePiece2 := takeplayeroptions.IsActuallyOnePiece

let canttouchthis3 := sv_Split ActuallyOnePiece2 "|"

let clothing := me.getitems 20 22

if eval (0 < ar_Size clothing)
        foreach wtf <- clothing
            let equip := wtf["Value"]
        if haveshirt == 0 && eval (0 < ar_Size canttouchthis)
            ForEach equipper <- canttouchthis
                let thisthing := equipper["Value"]
                if eval (nameincludes Bombshe equip == 0 && nameincludes brz equip == 0 && nameincludes $thisthing equip == 0)
                    if (getequipmentslot equip == 2)
                        set haveshirt to 1
                        break
                    elseif (getequipmentslot equip == 3)
                        set havepants to 1
                        break
                    elseif (getequipmentslot equip == 18)  || (getequipmentslot equip == 19)  || (getequipmentslot equip == 20)  || (getequipmentslot equip == 21)
                        set haveshirt to 1
                        set havepants to 1
                        break
                    endif
                endif
            loop
            sv_destruct thisthing
        endif
        if havepants== 0 && eval (0 < ar_Size canttouchthis2)
            ForEach equipper <- canttouchthis2
                if eval (nameincludes Bombshe equip == 0 && nameincludes brz equip == 0 && nameincludes $thisthing equip == 0)
                        set haveshirt to 1
                        break
                        set havepants to 1
                        break
                    elseif (getequipmentslot equip == 18)  || (getequipmentslot equip == 19)  || (getequipmentslot equip == 20)  || (getequipmentslot equip == 21)
                        set haveshirt to 1
                        set havepants to 1
                        break
                    endif
                endif
            loop
            sv_destruct thisthing
        endif
        if (havepants== 0 || haveshirt==0) && eval (0 < ar_Size canttouchthis3)
            ForEach equipper <- canttouchthis3
                        set haveshirt to 1
                        set havepants to 1
                        break
                        set haveshirt to 1
                        set havepants to 1
                        break
                        set haveshirt to 1
                        set havepants to 1
                        break
                    endif
                endif
            loop
            sv_destruct thisthing
        endif
        if havepants == 1 && haveshirt == 1
            break
        endif
        loop
    endif

sv_destruct CountAsNudeUpper2 CountAsNudeLower2 thisthing ActuallyOnePiece2

if haveshirt == 1 && havepants == 0
        setfunctionvalue 1
    elseif haveshirt == 0 && havepants == 1
        setfunctionvalue 2
    elseif haveshirt == 1 && havepants == 1
        setfunctionvalue 3
    endif

end

I just want to fix this mod's outstanding issues, if anybody knows if this is even something that affects performance or if it can be improved and "optimized", please, let me know.

• 5 months later...

Does this work with Break Armor Framework 1.10f? It seems like it does not recognize the armors contained therein as BU armors. It just treats them as normal armors.

I have:

set zznudeshyupperBUthreshold to .60

set zznudeshylowerBUthreshold to .60

set in the ini but no effect ?

On 3/11/2014 at 8:33 AM, ShiaNekoChan said:

I'll try to add male character support for nudeshy soon, then.

Any chance you can take a look at support for BU's latest version? It does not seem to work. I was looking through the scripts to figure out how the mod ID's whether the actor is wearing a BU armor.

There many references to 'BreakUndies' that look similar to:

if hasVariable "BreakUndies" equip

But it looks like the variable isn't actually defined anywhere?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...