NudeShy X (X5 BETA #10.4)

Yeah, it is.

The one I provided in the beta is set to have clothing and armor break permanently all the time.

Ok, well I have the nudeshy.ini settings all set to their defaults but i still never get shard breaking.

go to your meshes/nudeshy folder and see if there is anything in there.

edit: I know for a fact that the shards system is working on foreign systems. The screenshot that was shown to me earlier confirms this.

I'm only seeing a few possitilities for why this may be happening.

if you have on the invisible mesh hider and did not install the ripped clothing meshes in the right folder, they'd be invisible.

You've obviously installed the right esp and seemingly the ini, so that's working.

edit: I know for a fact that the shards system is working on foreign systems. The screenshot that was shown to me earlier confirms this.

if you have on the invisible mesh hider and did not install the ripped clothing meshes in the right folder, they'd be invisible.

You've obviously installed the right esp and seemingly the ini, so that's working.

Well, my missing mesh replacer is the standard yellow exclamation mark so it is not that which is casing the shards to be invisible.

The meshes/nudeshy folder is full of the shard .nif meshes that I would expect to find there.

That's really weird. it looks to me like somehow your nifse isn't making the models. Do you have nifse?

Try turning off the nifse support in the ini and see if the problem persists.

Yep you are always right Shia. I set nudeshyusenifse to 0 and the crashes do not appear (conclusion from initial test - 4 battles with 4 npcs, no crash).

Yes I have nifse installed. 

Though I have still problem with missing meshes. Same problem ger4 has (post #554).

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/127843952-4.jpg

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/127843954-4.jpg

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/127843956-4.jpg

The shreds of clothing do appear but one piece of shred do not to display the mesh and it is a container type of mesh. You can open that mesh. 

I checked the Meshes\nudeshy and all meshes are there. So the problem is with display of those meshes. They get lost in the process of things unknown to me.  :D

I also experience a slight lag when the clothing gets ripped into shreds. 

I noticed my and other npcs clothing gets ripped to shred too often. What do I set and where for it to happen less often? I would rather like the clothing to fall off than rip to pieces always. 

Edited by Nepro

set nudeshychanceofpermanentbreakarmor to 100 ;NEW! version 5. Set this to anywhere between 1 and 100 if you want there to be a chance of permanently broken armor.

set nudeshychanceofshreddingclothing to 100 ;NEW! version 5. set this to anywhere between 1 and 100 if you want there to be a chance of permanently ripping clothing to shreds (can't pick it back up).

turn those to your preferred values. Sounds like you want them to be 0.

Thank you for your bug report, by the way. it looks like I'll have to recompile clothpiece2.nif. I think the problem is that I have on the missing mesh hider, so I couldn't see that the mesh wasn't showing up despite being in the nudeshy folder.

Well, my missing mesh replacer is the standard yellow exclamation mark so it is not that which is casing the shards to be invisible.

The meshes/nudeshy folder is full of the shard .nif meshes that I would expect to find there.

I'm still pretty baffled by your problem. If the values are all set to the exact same thing as me and ger6, then you should be getting broken pieces of armor or at least have your armor be completely removed from your inventory and not simply unequipped.

Did you remember to make a save without nudeshy before installing the BETA?

set nudeshychanceofpermanentbreakarmor to 100 ;NEW! version 5. Set this to anywhere between 1 and 100 if you want there to be a chance of permanently broken armor.

set nudeshychanceofshreddingclothing to 100 ;NEW! version 5. set this to anywhere between 1 and 100 if you want there to be a chance of permanently ripping clothing to shreds (can't pick it back up).

turn those to your preferred values. Sounds like you want them to be 0.

Thank you for your bug report, by the way. it looks like I'll have to recompile clothpiece2.nif. I think the problem is that I have on the missing mesh hider, so I couldn't see that the mesh wasn't showing up despite being in the nudeshy folder.

I'm still pretty baffled by your problem. If the values are all set to the exact same thing as me and ger6, then you should be getting broken pieces of armor or at least have your armor be completely removed from your inventory and not simply unequipped.

Did you remember to make a save without nudeshy before installing the BETA?

I am testing with clothing not armor. Even when i start a new game, the clothing just falls to the floor and never turns into shards.

No clue. I've never tried it. If you try it, tell me how it works out. ^_^

Should I be using OBSE version 20 or 21? I am using 20.

I don't think that matters.

you can try OBSE 21 if you want, but I still can't really tell you how your nudeshy isn't working.

Here's the code responsible for the shards system and permanent breaking of armor.

set chanceofripping to rand 1 100
                                    if chanceofripping < nudeshychanceofshreddingclothing
call nudeshybreakthisarmor player equip
else
                    player.unequipitemNS equip
                if nudeshyDropBrokenArmor == 1
                    set nudeshythisisbroken to 1
                    player.drop equip 1
                endif

Also, I'm not sure why I put chance of shredding cliothing here. I'll fix that in the next beta. but anyway....

here's the code responsible for permanent ripping of clothing

call nudeshybreakthisarmor player item
                                    else
                                        if nudeshyusevisualeffects == 1
                                            player.pms effectBrokenArmor .6
                                        endif
                                        player.unequipitemns item
                                        if nudeshydroprippedclothing == 1
                                            player.drop item 1
                                        endif
                                        goto 4
                                    endif

The way it calculates the changes for something to break permanently is very simple.

if the randomly calculated number between 1 and 100 is lesser than your custom value, which assuming you kept unchanged is 100, your item should break permanently.

The first thing the function "nudeshybreakthisarmor" does is completely remove the item from your inventory. So unless that's what you meant by "unequip", it seems to not even be calling the function, which means the (chanceofripping < nudeshychanceofshreddingclothing) condition is returning false every time and making it unequip instead.

So somehow, your game isn't reading the ini file or something. I really can't tell you how this is happening... o_o

edit: what you can do is go into your console and type:

set nudeshychanceofshreddingclothing to 100

and

set nudeshychanceofpermanentbreakarmor to 100

and then test to see if it works after that. if it does, somehow your game isn't reading your custom values out of your ini file. I would check there. x_x

No clue. I've never tried it. If you try it, tell me how it works out. ^_^

Should I be using OBSE version 20 or 21? I am using 20.

I don't think that matters.

you can try OBSE 21 if you want, but I still can't really tell you how your nudeshy isn't working.

Here's the code responsible for the shards system and permanent breaking of armor.

call nudeshybreakthisarmor player equip

else

player.unequipitemNS equip

if nudeshyDropBrokenArmor == 1

set nudeshythisisbroken to 1

player.drop equip 1

endif

Also, I'm not sure why I put chance of shredding cliothing here. I'll fix that in the next beta. but anyway....

here's the code responsible for permanent ripping of clothing

call nudeshybreakthisarmor player item

else

if nudeshyusevisualeffects == 1

player.pms effectBrokenArmor .6

endif

player.unequipitemns item

if nudeshydroprippedclothing == 1

player.drop item 1

endif

goto 4

endif

The way it calculates the changes for something to break permanently is very simple.

if the randomly calculated number between 1 and 100 is lesser than your custom value, which assuming you kept unchanged is 100, your item should break permanently.

The first thing the function "nudeshybreakthisarmor" does is completely remove the item from your inventory. So unless that's what you meant by "unequip", it seems to not even be calling the function, which means the (chanceofripping < nudeshychanceofshreddingclothing) condition is returning false every time and making it unequip instead.

So somehow, your game isn't reading the ini file or something. I really can't tell you how this is happening... o_o

edit: what you can do is go into your console and type:

set nudeshychanceofshreddingclothing to 100

and

set nudeshychanceofpermanentbreakarmor to 100

and then test to see if it works after that. if it does, somehow your game isn't reading your custom values out of your ini file. I would check there. x_x

Well, the game didn't recognize the commands when I entered them in the consol, but I did get some interesting results when I tried to run the nudeshy.ini file manually via the runbatchscript command, here's the log file

PS - Would the fact that bodyshapes.esp is a master of Nudeshy be causing a problem?

Ok, don't worry, it appears I somehow ended up using the Nudeshy V4 .esp by mistake so the new functions weren't working. I do get the pure function call when trying to use Nifse. Sometimes it doesn't crash when I am using Nifse, but then I just get a bunch of missing meshes, here's the log file 

notice the lines added by refscope that show the missing mesh paths.

The shards system works fine if I turn the Nifse bit off. What does the addition of Nifse do exactly?

Also, it does look a bit strange when the player covers themselves even when clothed after they suffer a modestydeafet.

Nifse makes the shards share the same texture as the clothing or armor that just broke.

Well, since I've already spoken with the guy who makes NifSE and he's sure he never uses pure functions, it could be something wrong with the engine itself.

Maybe if there are too many small models like the shards in the world at once, it gives a pure function call. Maybe it has something to do with the missing models (it could be that I'm closing the models too soon...?).

Also, it does look a bit strange when the player covers themselves even when clothed after they suffer a modestydeafet.

That obviously should not be happening. in fact, having a modestydefeat has no bearing whatsoever on whether the player covers themselves or not. It simply sees that they are and activates.

It's most likely that the optimization efforts I put in are failing to return the right values.

Right now, I've made it check if you're clothed every time you equip something, unequip something, or enter a new cell (which also works when you load a game or start a new game).

Actually, it's also possible that the frame buffer (it has to wait at least this long before checking on the player's nudity and breakarmor status) is too soon and that I need to extend it.

edit: go ahead and go to the bottom of the ini file (nudeshy.ini) and change nudeshy nudityfunctionframewait to something around 6 instead of 3.

It's most likely that the optimization efforts I put in are failing to return the right values.

Right now, I've made it check if you're clothed every time you equip something, unequip something, or enter a new cell (which also works when you load a game or start a new game).

Wouldn't that check in the mod put extra burden and make the mod less optimized? I hope to be able to turn off that feature in the ini in the future. :)

missing mesh is the invisible reference doing it's job to make sure she does either the estrus mb or loversmb.

If I didn't use it, the character would end up doing the casting animation before starting which would look dumb. XP

anyway, sorry about that. I forgot to use the invisible mesh Gerra gave me a while back. I'll get that next beta.

missing mesh is the invisible reference doing it's job to make sure she does either the estrus mb or loversmb.

If I didn't use it, the character would end up doing the casting animation before starting which would look dumb. XP

anyway, sorry about that. I forgot to use the invisible mesh Gerra gave me a while back. I'll get that next beta.

thx for teh info i used that mesh to fix it.

Hello ShiaNekoChan, I love this mod you created, it is a wonderful addition to the game!

I Installed the Beta 5 after playing for a while with version 4, and the "Are You Shy?" Spell from my spell list disappeared...

Has anyone else encountered this problem ?

*I just encountered another bug , I was fighting a bandit and during the fighting the bandit lost her lowerbody armor (fur greaves), and the "WTF I'm A Missing Mesh" appeared where the bandit was standing at the time she dropped the greaves , the mesh was called "Nudeshy2" (I have ID Ref Finder).

So I assume a bag was supposed to appear there or a _gnd mesh that was supposed to represent those greaves? 

I might be missing something, I'll try to re-install Nudeshy 4 and install Nudeshy 5 on it. 

It's not supposed to be a bag, it's the shards system. What should have fallen was a shred of clothing, but the mesh somehow decided that even though it's right there, it will not show in game properly sometimes. x_x

kind of frustrating, but I'll fix it in the next beta, which should be really soon.

I stated in my previous post that I was missing some NudeShy configuration spells, apparently in the INI file "NudeShy.ini" 

this line -

set NudeShyToggleSpells to -1

Was set to "-1" instead of "1" . So I changed it and it is fixed now.