OLD - SCR Locked Thread (Do Not Use)

I'm all for making a few things more optional, but I see the practical downside of people thinking that they can turn stuff off. Especially with spawnage, you probably won't be able to get rid of everything once it's been turned on; you'll just have the option not to turn it on in the first place.

For instance, just because an ingredient only spawns when another mod is active or because of an MCM choice, doesn't mean it'll no longer be there when that other mod or the MCM option is turned off. It will, because its base form is held in SCR and every instance of it that's spawned in your game already will be there to stay and you'll keep finding it. Not in new places or on new actors, but still. The same goes for preg variants of armor once pregnancy is removed.

SCR can't possibly clean up every instance of an item that's already been spawned in the game, so you'll have to bear with what's spawned already or make an SCR-clean save (and lose your progress in any SO quest mod that needs it).

This can't be helped, and I'm sure the people here can live with and foresee that, but it will inevitably lead to a bunch of bogus bug reports. And whining. I can just see it: "If you can turn it on, how hard can it be to turn it off?" "OMG, I was told to do a clean save to get rid of the bunx'es and now I have to restart my SOAffairs quest!"(*) So, y'know, be prepared. :dodgy:

---

(* in addition to the usual gripes: "SCR has too many requirements" - yeah, but you get a shitload of clothing that'd take dozens of esp's otherwise + preg variants; "why can't we have this or that in a different plugin?" - because other modders don't need half a dozen masters or a bunch of getmodindex/buildref scripts to check a spell or quest var from another mods do if it's all in SCR.)

I'm all for making a few things more optional' date=' but I see the practical downside of people thinking that they can turn stuff off. Especially with spawnage, you probably won't be able to get rid of everything once it's been turned on; you'll just have the option not to turn it on in the first place.

For instance, just because an ingredient only spawns when another mod is active or because of an MCM choice, doesn't mean it'll no longer be there when that other mod or the MCM option is turned off. It will, because its base form is held in SCR and every instance of it that's spawned in your game already will be there to stay and you'll keep finding it. Not in new places or on new actors, but still. The same goes for preg variants of armor once pregnancy is removed.

SCR can't possibly clean up every instance of an item that's already been spawned in the game, so you'll have to bear with what's spawned already or make an SCR-clean save (and lose your progress in any SO quest mod that needs it).

This can't be helped, and I'm sure the people here can live with and foresee that, but it will inevitably lead to a bunch of bogus bug reports. And whining. I can just see it: "If you can turn it on, how hard can it be to turn it off?" "OMG, I was told to do a clean save to get rid of the bunx'es and now I have to restart my SOAffairs quest!"(*) So, y'know, be prepared. :dodgy:

---

(* in addition to the usual gripes: "SCR has too many requirements" - yeah, but you get a shitload of clothing that'd take dozens of esp's otherwise + preg variants; "why can't we have this or that in a different plugin?" - because other modders don't need half a dozen masters or a bunch of getmodindex/buildref scripts to check a spell or quest var from another mods do if it's all in SCR.)

[/quote']

That's not really what I'm talking about. A good solution for leveled lists is to, by default, not add items to them and provide an option to add them (and notify users it's an irrevocable choice if needed). The key point here is that SCR should be a repository for resources and let mods implement those resources into the world. If we do the right thing whenever possible and keep to the scopes of our various mods, we just might avoid all the nasty pitfalls faced by Lovers with Pk modders (of which I'm all too painfully aware). To be honest, mods that need the items added to the leveled lists should probably be adding them to the leveled lists. As an example, I don't need nor use nor want such items in shops/containers because I don't need their functionality. Now many people are the reverse and have downloaded mods that require these items. Which makes more sense? That everyone have the items added to stores/containers or that only users using mods that need them have them added to lists?

Now all of this isn't really all that important to me since I can just change any mod I need to change (and usually do just that) but it certainly can be an issue to users who don't know how to change mods to suit their needs. All I'm advocating for is that we do the right thing for users.

Hey Hal, more info on the diseases. I wasn't getting any results from the STD kit, so I looked at the scripts and swapped the xxxCureAll code into the xxxAutoCure and now it's working fine. The code looks very similar to me, as in it cures everything, so gave it a shot. If you take a look at those you can probably figure out what was off, I was just playing around with it to see if I could get it to work. I also figured out giving one to a companion cures them, so my previous question is answered.

That's not really what I'm talking about. A good solution for leveled lists is to' date=' by default, not add items to them and provide an option to add them (and notify users it's an irrevocable choice if needed).

[/quote']

Hey, I agree, man. Just wanted to make 2 points: the irrevocability of choosing to turn spawnage of something on (which I had no doubt you would know but the average user might not & end up complaining about it), and the fact that some of the things that SCR does that players tend to complain about are often unjustified or simply essential for modders. The latter's a general observation, not something anybody in this discussion should feel is about them. At all. It was late, winter makes me cranky, and I felt a bit protective, I guess.

Say I dont want a medical scanner in my inventory or ...':ma gibsons antungal douche' in first aid kits I open. Again I am not complaining. I appreciate all the work you guys put into these mods....a couple hours on an editor after an update' date=' won't kill me[/quote']

Going to have to agree with this user on this... SCR has gone beyond its scope a bit by implementing resources into the world in a non-optional fashion. It's ok for it to implement resources into the world (although that really is a mod's job to do that) but it should provide an option for not doing so as well. It wouldn't hurt for such things to have an MCM option available. Currently, such tasks were handled by SexoutStore as an SCR implementer plugin but some things like drugs being added to leveled lists and such has been done by SCR. I have no need for these drugs in my leveled lists though I realize other's do have need for them. An option seems like the best choice.

I get what you guys are saying and will see what I can do in future updates, I have actually been planning on splitting diseases off into a seperate plugin later, but keeping it in SCR reduces MCM clutter too. I'll look into adding some conditions for the levelled list stuff, and I had already moved FertX, BunX & BunAway into Pregnancy for levelled lists months ago, I'll add a check for LustX list adding, the assets are in SCR because they are referenced by the drugs system scripts. I don't think I could pull the drugs out into it's own esm as that would cause more load order confusion.

The douche is used by both diseases and pregnancy so I'll add a check into it's levelled list stuff. The medical scanner will also be eventually used by Diseases, Drugs & Pregnancy, I need to do more work on it too and make it's adding conditional.

I didn't think it was that much of a concern having extra stuff in loot as I get brass paperweights and other junk I don't use all the time, so just dump it or sell it up till now, I've had more reports of the added stuff not being findable :)

I still have absolutely craploads of stuff to do on this and Pregnancy, it's a huge project and my time has been limited, now I've finished work I should be able to make some more progress.

Hey Hal' date=' more info on the diseases. I wasn't getting any results from the STD kit, so I looked at the scripts and swapped the xxxCureAll code into the xxxAutoCure and now it's working fine. The code looks very similar to me, as in it cures everything, so gave it a shot. If you take a look at those you can probably figure out what was off, I was just playing around with it to see if I could get it to work. I also figured out giving one to a companion cures them, so my previous question is answered.[/quote']

I'll check that out :)

Hey Hal

Question (& bear in mind I'm looking at the STD cure scripts with SCR v. 20121124.1): I'm looking for the best way to treat for STD's from a dialogue result script. Not sure now if I just need to add the kit' date=' add & equip, or cast it, which is what I'd ordinarily do with ingestibles.

There's an unequip line in the base spell script, & the auto-equip stuff for npc's is all equipitem. But then, the base spell does run in an OnAdd block, so that unequip line might just be scrap?[/quote']

I've added a spell version in the next release that should make it simple.

just use CIOS Actor.SexoutSEDiseaseCureActor

New update 20121211.1:

Added new spell for clearing diseases SexoutSEDiseaseCureActor

Added conditions for Medical scanner, diseases kits & drugs to levelled lists, if the assets are already in your game they probably won't clear, but they shouldn't be replaced or appear in a new game unless Diseases, Pregnancy or drugs are activated.

Not sure only me that encouter this issue or not, but after last update look like STD rate is really high. Not only after you have sex with human but also monster too, and you may get infected more than 1 disease from only 1 SI and I think infected rate is really high due to my PC get infected nearly 80-90% at default setting STD at 10% cause I must turn off STD.

Not sure only me that encouter this issue or not' date=' but after last update look like STD rate is really high. Not only after you have sex with human but also monster too, and you may get infected more than 1 disease from only 1 SI and I think infected rate is really high due to my PC get infected nearly 80-90% at default setting STD at 10% cause I must turn off STD.[/quote']

I wise man once said "Never put your Dick in any hole you wouldn't put your tongue" or maybe it was the other way around or maybe it was fingers :)

Can you tell me which version you are experiencing this with, I've got other reports of it not working at 100%, I deliberately allowed the possibility of multiple diseases, as it seems to me if a partner is likely to have one they are nearly as likely to have others, I'll look into tweaking it back a little anyway.

I've also noticed the infection rate was quite high. I'm guessing it is randomly infecting some NPCs at load, I swear I've had companions who were clear when I saved last give me a couple diseases after loading the same save, but I havn't really tested that.

I have the % set at 5, and I'm getting a lot of diseases, a lot of the time. Didn't want to complain since I was campaigning so hard to get them working again =)

Is there a formlist to add NPCs to so they can't randomly have an STD?

No' date=' there isn't currently any check it's just randomly rolled when sex occurs. Best bet if you have diseases enabled is to give them a condom or diaphram :)

I could add one, is it causing a problem by important NPC's dying or something?

New Update 20121213.1:

Reduced chances of random new infections of disease, the chances of catching a disease off a sex partner with one are as the MCM slider setting for anal or vaginal sex, if they don't have a disease, there's a chance of a new infection then calculated by the Slider setting divided by 3 on the assumption they may just be a carrier.

I can't get the STD kits to work, and I had another odd thing happen. When I give one to a companion, the sound plays, but nothing is cured, same if I use one from inventory on myself. I loaded a save where everyone was clean, had sex with willow and got 4 diseases, distributed treatment kits to 4 companions, no cure messages, no cure, used one on myself, same result. I quit, reloaded the same save, and had only 2 treatment kits left, when I had I think 9 before. I have had this issue before with non sexout related stuff, so it might be a game issue, but that seems quite bad if inventory is not saved and loaded from our actual saves but some other db the game keeps.

One question about the formlist, does it ban the listed actors from EVER getting a disease or just on load?

One more quick question, and please forgive my ignorance, but can SexoutSEDieaseCureActor be used from the console, and if so, how? I can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks

I can't get the STD kits to work' date=' and I had another odd thing happen. When I give one to a companion, the sound plays, but nothing is cured, same if I use one from inventory on myself. I loaded a save where everyone was clean, had sex with willow and got 4 diseases, distributed treatment kits to 4 companions, no cure messages, no cure, used one on myself, same result. I quit, reloaded the same save, and had only 2 treatment kits left, when I had I think 9 before. I have had this issue before with non sexout related stuff, so it might be a game issue, but that seems quite bad if inventory is not saved and loaded from our actual saves but some other db the game keeps.

One question about the formlist, does it ban the listed actors from EVER getting a disease or just on load?

One more quick question, and please forgive my ignorance, but can SexoutSEDieaseCureActor be used from the console, and if so, how? I can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks[/quote']

The formlist just checks the list before adding a disease when sex occurs, it won't remove existing diseases, currently the formlist is empty so it shouldn't prevent any actors from catching diseases, it's ment for other mods that don't want their NPC's diseased incase it kills them and screws plot lines etc. it just occured to me I think I will add EDE and probably a robot/creature check too, they could give diseases, but they shouldn't catch them.

I'm not familiar with console cammands myself, if it's not working from the kit it probably won't work from the spell as it uses the same script. Sounds like ir's still broken, I hadn't had a chance to test it, I fixed acouple of coding errors, I'll have another look and hopefully get some gametesting time in.

New Update 20121216.1:

Fixes to Douches and Std kits not working

I think I got it sorted this time was using a GetContainer instead of GetSelf and GameMode instead of ScriptEffectStart

Added check so diseases weren't added to creatures

Also added some more notes for items.

last update for SCR' date=' look like high infective rate for STD now already resolve but some monster still cause you get infected by STD like i get infected Gnonorrhea from bloatfly 1 time.[/quote']

Well creatures aren't known to be very hygenic, so it wouldn't suprise me what you might catch doing the wild horizontal polka with a mangey dog :)

My apologies for the stupid question. I'm getting the issue whenever sex is suppose to happen there's nothing but the actors standing there. My load order is correct (the ones that matter) and common resources, breeder, and pregnancy are all up to date. Anyone know how to fix this? Any pointers in the right direction would be honestly appreciated.

My apologies for the stupid question. I'm getting the issue whenever sex is suppose to happen there's nothing but the actors standing there. My load order is correct (the ones that matter) and common resources' date=' breeder, and pregnancy are all up to date. Anyone know how to fix this? Any pointers in the right direction would be honestly appreciated.

[/quote']

Sounds like a conflict with another mod dont run AP mod or SI