SkyUI Will Not Work correctly! / RaceMenu Error(s)

Any idea what could be causing this error message and how to fix it? This is for Skyrim SE.

The only mods I've installed so far are just SexLab and everything needed to run that mod.

I was originally running SKSE64_2_00_20 from 2017 (that all the mods point to) when this popped up but I downloaded the SKSE64 2021 version instead.

Two things I found-

For one of the mods (can't remember which one), it told me to replace the  bink2w64.dll  file in the Skyrim folder with their version, however that file prevents the game from getting past the start-up menu. If I put the file in the folder even once, the game will never get past Startup again until I uninstall and reinstall the entire game. Is this DLL file not being there the reason SkyUI and RaceMenu won't work? If so, how can I use the downloaded DLL file and get the game to actually load?

Also found that the same thing happens if I use the Special Edition RaceMenu, but if I use the Anniversary Edition, then the game gets past the Startup Menu

I've been reading up on this stuff and working on it for days but nothing I've tried has worked. I have already managed to fix many other issues, but this one eludes me

Warnings and screenshot of my mods below

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Skyrim mods.png

SKSE 2.0.20 is only for 1.5.97 executables, but you also have SL for GOG 165, SL 163 and 166b. Which one is it? You can't be using all those different versions and expect things to work, even if some are disabled. You should only use one, the correct one for your executable version. You also have Net Script Framework, so I'll assume you have a 1.5.97 game. But the cherry on top is that you managed to download Racemenu and NiO for LE. When you get mod from the nexus make sure you're doing it from the Skyrim Special Edition website, not the "Skyrim" one, that's the original release of the game, aka LE. Not the game you have.

You'll do much better if you a) confirm which exact version of the game you have, so you can install the matching SKSE version as well as any mod with a dll (like SL and Racemenu) and b) stop using mods made for LE.

Looking at the SkyUI message and the SkyUI page, that mod has been stable for SE/AE since 2017. Provided your version of skyrim and the version of SKSE are in sync, SkyUI should be ok.

https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Skyui_Skse64_installation_guide

"There is no direct dependency between SkyUI and the game version itself, only on a correctly installed working version of SKSE64. This means that SkyUI 5.2 is compatible with ALL versions of the game, as long as the appropriate version of SKSE64 is installed correctly."

so something in the skse installation is borked, and that's where you need to start, and then try SkyUI and racemenu.

21 minutes ago, AbusedSlave said:

I was originally running SKSE64_2_00_20 from 2017 (that all the mods point to) when this popped up but I downloaded the SKSE64 2021 version instead.

If you are in Skyrim 1.5.97 (just start skyrim without any mods, go to the settings, and look for the numbers in the bottom left of the screen) then SKSE should be 2.00.20

If you've installed SKSE from 2021 on top of Skyrim 1.5.97, then SKSE won't run, which will cascade into everything else. 

You've also got address library v11 installed, and that is for Skyrim 1.6.* , so will not work with Skyrim 1.5.97

You've also got USSEP installed, and that mod's author only has the latest version available, so assuming you are on Skyrim Special edition, having USSEP in your load list may be a problem. Either you need to have archived a copy of USSEP that matches Skyrim 1.5.97, or you need to get rid of USSEP, or a recent download of USSEP will force you into Skyrim version 1.6.1130.

So some choices :

get/downgrade to Skyrim 1.5.97, and get everything consistent with that, and lose USSEP, and avoid any AE mods.

get/downgrade to Skyrim 1.6.640, and get everything consistent with that, and lose USSEP, and avoid the most recent mods.

get to skyrim 1.6.1170, and get everything consistent with that, and you can use USSEP. 

Whichever path you chose, if you are on Steam then change the manifest file for skyrim to read only, to avoid Steam updating Skyrim and triggering an unwanted version change.

Whether you are in 1.5.97 or 1.6.640 or 1.6.1170 then you may want to move to https://www.loverslab.com/forum/72-skyrim-special-edition/ as that will be more specific.

USSEP.png

Posted (edited)

My responses to your direct quotes are below (thank you!). One other question, now that I seem to have that part all figured out; all the Damsels in Distress mods, specifically for the SE version of Skyrim, all require Zaz 8.0+ pack, but FNIS says it is not compatible with SE.

Should I use the SE version of Zaz, or would there be no real issue using the Zaz 8.0+ version that Damsels in Distress SE says is required?  A lot of mods seem to give conflicting requirements. 

EDIT: I tried the game still using Zaz 8.0+ but my character was in the front of the carriage and the doors to helgen wouldn't open so we just crashed into the wall and nothing worked. So I wonder if Damsels in Distress will even work with Zaz 7....

23 hours ago, Lyreal said:

You installed SKSE wrong or/and it is outdated.,

This was the thing stopping me from going further. I went back to the SKSE website itself and found the install video, so thank you.

22 hours ago, Just Don't said:

SKSE 2.0.20 is only for 1.5.97 executables, but you also have SL for GOG 165, SL 163 and 166b. Which one is it? You can't be using all those different versions and expect things to work, even if some are disabled. You should only use one, the correct one for your executable version. You also have Net Script Framework, so I'll assume you have a 1.5.97 game. But the cherry on top is that you managed to download Racemenu and NiO for LE. When you get mod from the nexus make sure you're doing it from the Skyrim Special Edition website, not the "Skyrim" one, that's the original release of the game, aka LE. Not the game you have.

You'll do much better if you a) confirm which exact version of the game you have, so you can install the matching SKSE version as well as any mod with a dll (like SL and Racemenu) and b) stop using mods made for LE.

The one I have is Special Edition. In game is says 1.6.11 but on the Activity area of the Steam app it says version 1.6.640. I downloaded Net Script Framework because the instructions for Sexlabs said to install Framework, so I Googled it and thought that's what it meant until I downloaded SexLabs and saw it also has a file called Framework. Should I delete Net Script Framework then?

The reason this was so confusing is, for example, when I tried loading the game with the SKSE loader (like instructed), it told me I had the AE version of Skyrim, which I don't. My version number matches AE, but I only have the SE version, and it wouldn't let me do anything until I download the AE version of SKSE

22 hours ago, JimUpdating said:

Looking at the SkyUI message and the SkyUI page, that mod has been stable for SE/AE since 2017. Provided your version of skyrim and the version of SKSE are in sync, SkyUI should be ok.

https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Skyui_Skse64_installation_guide

"There is no direct dependency between SkyUI and the game version itself, only on a correctly installed working version of SKSE64. This means that SkyUI 5.2 is compatible with ALL versions of the game, as long as the appropriate version of SKSE64 is installed correctly."

so something in the skse installation is borked, and that's where you need to start, and then try SkyUI and racemenu.

If you are in Skyrim 1.5.97 (just start skyrim without any mods, go to the settings, and look for the numbers in the bottom left of the screen) then SKSE should be 2.00.20

If you've installed SKSE from 2021 on top of Skyrim 1.5.97, then SKSE won't run, which will cascade into everything else. 

You've also got address library v11 installed, and that is for Skyrim 1.6.* , so will not work with Skyrim 1.5.97

You've also got USSEP installed, and that mod's author only has the latest version available, so assuming you are on Skyrim Special edition, having USSEP in your load list may be a problem. Either you need to have archived a copy of USSEP that matches Skyrim 1.5.97, or you need to get rid of USSEP, or a recent download of USSEP will force you into Skyrim version 1.6.1130.

So some choices :

get/downgrade to Skyrim 1.5.97, and get everything consistent with that, and lose USSEP, and avoid any AE mods.

get/downgrade to Skyrim 1.6.640, and get everything consistent with that, and lose USSEP, and avoid the most recent mods.

get to skyrim 1.6.1170, and get everything consistent with that, and you can use USSEP. 

Whichever path you chose, if you are on Steam then change the manifest file for skyrim to read only, to avoid Steam updating Skyrim and triggering an unwanted version change.

Whether you are in 1.5.97 or 1.6.640 or 1.6.1170 then you may want to move to https://www.loverslab.com/forum/72-skyrim-special-edition/ as that will be more specific.

In game is says 1.6.11 but on the Activity area of the Steam app it says version 1.6.640 so I guess I'm not entirely sure which version I do have

Edited by AbusedSlave
6 hours ago, AbusedSlave said:

The one I have is Special Edition. In game is says 1.6.11 but on the Activity area of the Steam app it says version 1.6.640. I downloaded Net Script Framework because the instructions for Sexlabs said to install Framework, so I Googled it and thought that's what it meant until I downloaded SexLabs and saw it also has a file called Framework. Should I delete Net Script Framework then?

Right click "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition" in Steam and select Manage, then Browse local files. Find the "SkyrimSE.exe" file in the folder that was opened, right click on it and select "Properties" then go to the "Details" tab and check the "product version". That's your executable version. Now go to the official SKSE website and get the SKSE64 release that matches that executable version. If you really are using 1.6.640 then you'll need to go into the archived builds and get the 2.2.3 version. You also have Address Library for Special Edition, that won't work. Because in this context Special Edition only applies to 1.5 executable versions. You need the one for Anniversary Edition.

And about Net Script Framework, no. Net Script Framework has never been a requirement for Sexlab. And it's only available for 1.5 executables. So again, don't use it if you really are on a 1.6.something version of the executable. You can't google "framework" and come to the conclusion that you need to install Net Script Framework for Sexlab to work. Those words aren't even mentioned in the SL description. So I really don't know where you got that idea.

You also have several versions of the Sexlab Framework. You need to use only one. The one that matches your version of the executable and SKSE. You can find the exact information in the SL Framework description (it's near the top of the description, in red letters). And again, if you really have a 1.6.640 executable then you'll need to find an old version from the Sexlab github (it's also frequently posted in the last comment pages of the thread, so that's a quick way to find a link, I don't have it at hand at the moment).

The reason this was so confusing is, for example, when I tried loading the game with the SKSE loader (like instructed), it told me I had the AE version of Skyrim, which I don't. My version number matches AE, but I only have the SE version, and it wouldn't let me do anything until I download the AE version of SKSE

Anniversary Edition isn't a separate version of the game. It's an optional (and paid) DLC that was released on November 2021. At the same time the game was updated. So both free update and paid DLC are parts of the "anniversary edition". But you'll never see a game listed as such on Steam (only the DLC, which requires the Skyrim Special Edition game). And that's why SE and AE are awful ways to refer to different versions of the game. They're not completely separate entities like the original Skyrim release and Special Edition.

Do yourself a favor and start by checking your executable version, then keep those numbers in mind when you install mods. Also check and double check you're really downloading mods made for that version. Like I said the Racemenu and NiOverride files you have are for Skyrim from 2011 and are hosted in a completely separate website (there is nexusmods for Skyrim and nexusmods for Skyrim Special Edition). In the same vein there are separate forums and download sections for each game here in LL. So don't mix them up.

Edited by Just Don't

in the game, you're looking for the version at the bottom left of the system screen in the skyrim menu.

The screen shot I have provided is 1.6.640.

If you're seeing 1.6.11 , then I think you're in 1.6.1170 which is the latest version of skyrim.

To avoid unexpected updates to Skyrim through steam, go to your computer where you have steam installed, and go to the SteamLibrary/steamapps subdirectory, and look for the appmanifest_489830.acf file, and set this to read only. That should prevent steam doing updates.

Then go to the SE compatibility tracker, maintained by Tasairis. This will have the links to the SE/AE versions of mods, and indicate what is updated.

On Nexus, consider a collection that has all the basic scripts, like https://next.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/collections/xk05aw?tab=modsimage.png.d9c1dd9f5fa49c373c7adf78abf4626d.png

I really appreciate the patience you all have shown me so far, I know I'm pretty dumb with this stuff.

17 hours ago, Just Don't said:

Right click "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition" in Steam and select Manage, then Browse local files. Find the "SkyrimSE.exe" file in the folder that was opened, right click on it and select "Properties" then go to the "Details" tab and check the "product version". That's your executable version. Now go to the official SKSE website and get the SKSE64 release that matches that executable version. If you really are using 1.6.640 then you'll need to go into the archived builds and get the 2.2.3 version. You also have Address Library for Special Edition, that won't work. Because in this context Special Edition only applies to 1.5 executable versions. You need the one for Anniversary Edition.

According to that then, I have 1.6.1170 so I will spend the day focusing on getting those versions of the mods I have/want. Just want to say, this is exactly where I've been getting confused lol, because SexLab and SKSE both say 1.6.1170 is AE, but since I never bought the AE upgrade, I figured there's no way I have AE (I see you explain this as well later in your response so thank you for helping me understand).

It looks like I am already using the correct SKSE, Anniversary Edition build 2.2.6 (game version 1.6.1170) and I just reinstalled the AE version of SexLab, unfortunately now the SKSE Loader says Papyrus.dll and SexLabUti.dll were incompatible during load.

So just to confirm; I always want to be looking for 1.6.1170 AE and ignoring anything that says SE, unless the version number matches

17 hours ago, Just Don't said:

Like I said the Racemenu and NiOverride files you have are for Skyrim from 2011 and are hosted in a completely separate website (there is nexusmods for Skyrim and nexusmods for Skyrim Special Edition).

I've read on a couple places that RaceMenu includes the NiOverride but the RaceMenu Nexus page doesn't specifically say that it does (or at least not in a way that I understand), and I can't find any other version. Is it already included/not needed, or do you know where I can get the right version?

I did already change back to the proper RaceMenu and was also able to fully create a character so I think that parts already taken care of

8 hours ago, JimUpdating said:

To avoid unexpected updates to Skyrim through steam, go to your computer where you have steam installed, and go to the SteamLibrary/steamapps subdirectory, and look for the appmanifest_489830.acf file, and set this to read only. That should prevent steam doing updates.

Then go to the SE compatibility tracker, maintained by Tasairis. This will have the links to the SE/AE versions of mods, and indicate what is updated.

On Nexus, consider a collection that has all the basic scripts, like https://next.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/collections/xk05aw?tab=mods

I'll go do that now, thanks for the tip and for the link! I'll browse through that

there's any info I can use

Next steps: Get somewhere that will avoid the helgen cart, and instead starts you somewhere quiet to check things are working as you install new mods.

I've currently recommend Skyrim Unbound Reborn, and set the character to have a player home in Whiterun. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/27962

there is a guide for 1.6.640, which will give an idea, but you'll need to take care of versions. There's also a lot of mods. What I'd suggest is keeping to the sections on body and sexlab mods,

Next steps: skeletons, bodies and animations.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1988 for a skeleton that can cope with extra body parts.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3038 for FNIS to get animations into Skyrim. GamerPoets has a guide. Rerun FNIS every time you change something that has animations, and for safety just rerun FNIS after you've added mods and before you run Skyrim. If you go into Skyrim and people are t-posing and gliding, rather than walking, something has gone wrong. If you run FNIS and it gave you some warnings and errors, get rid of the mod (most likely it's an LE version rather than SE/AE).

SexLab has some animations so is a good test - running FNIS should report it's processed the SexLab animations (no warnings or errors), and people should be able to walk rather than glide.

Start a new game, preferably with a character in a quiet place like the player home in Whiterun, and check that you can walk rather than t-posing. Wander into the city, and check the cattle up by the gildergreen or any dogs are also moving.

For bodies, the guide uses OBody, but you may want to try https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/198 CBBE for female, and TNG + Himbo for male https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/104215

An alternative is Schlongs of Skyrim (SOS), but you will need the 1.6.1170 version of the dll to make it work 

Start two new games, preferably with a character in a quiet place like the player home in Whiterun, check that the male and female bodies look correct.

You may need to use BodySlide. 

As I'm building a mod list for sexlab itself, I generally test the SexLab mods with SexLabFramework, SL Animation Loader (SLAL), SexLab Eager NPCS (SLEN), and an animation pack, to test that everything is working before there's anything new installed. SLEN makes it easy to trigger an event, to see if any NSFW animations will play, and if that is glitching then there's no point in hoping the new modlist will work.

Start a new game, preferably with a character in a quiet place like the player home in Whiterun. Inside Skryim, you need to go to the MCM menu, trigger SexLab to install and become active, exit the MCM and wait about 30s - there should be a message to the screen, or you can open the console inside skyrim with the ~ key and check when SexLab reports it is ready. Then go back into the MCM, activate SLEN (and add a power just for your character, and set persuasion/charm for NPC interaction to whatever difficult you want), and then go to SLAL and enable and register all the animations. Your character should now be able have fun by themselves, and walk into Whiterun and have a new dialogue option with NPCs.

4 hours ago, AbusedSlave said:

It looks like I am already using the correct SKSE, Anniversary Edition build 2.2.6 (game version 1.6.1170) and I just reinstalled the AE version of SexLab, unfortunately now the SKSE Loader says Papyrus.dll and SexLabUti.dll were incompatible during load.

Make sure you're using Address Library for Anniversary Edition (that's the one containing the 1.6.something libraries), not for Special Edition. And double check no other versions of the SL framework are present in your mod manager and installation. Only the one made for 1.6.1170.

So just to confirm; I always want to be looking for 1.6.1170 AE and ignoring anything that says SE, unless the version number matches

Yes. If you can find a version number use that. Sometimes you'll see a range, like "1.6.629-1.6.640" or a "1.6.something and above". Some authors still use SE and AE to indicate 1.5 and 1.6 versions, but as you've seen these are less specific. If you're not sure you'll have to try the latest version (or the closest match to your version), if the dll fails to load you'll either see a message from the mod failing, the mod won't work, or your mod manager should notify you (not sure if NMM does this).

I've read on a couple places that RaceMenu includes the NiOverride but the RaceMenu Nexus page doesn't specifically say that it does (or at least not in a way that I understand), and I can't find any other version. Is it already included/not needed, or do you know where I can get the right version?

It is included yes. It's one of the dll files that comes with RM, as well as some script files contained inside the BSA file. You don't need to install anything else to have NiO in SE. Only the RM version for your executable+SKSE versions.

Edited by Just Don't
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Just Don't said:

Make sure you're using Address Library for Anniversary Edition (that's the one containing the 1.6.something libraries), not for Special Edition. And double check no other versions of the SL framework are present in your mod manager and installation. Only the one made for 1.6.1170.

Address Library, THANK YOU! That's what's been screwing things up lately. Once I updated that, SL finally started working and I stopped getting those messages when starting the game. I'll play around with this and other mods more in the next couple days. 

I have several of the other mods updated already to the correct version but not everything, and I will be double checking everything in the next 2 days (won't be around much today). KS Hairdos, FNIS, and SkyUI might be wrong, not sure, but they're all working perfectly so I think it's fine. However I will still check everything though to be certain

Here is everything right now

image.png.c34c691ca8e679e7b9b825ab32586d3d.png

On 3/10/2024 at 12:08 PM, JimUpdating said:

For bodies, the guide uses OBody, but you may want to try https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/198 CBBE for female, and TNG + Himbo for male https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/104215

An alternative is Schlongs of Skyrim (SOS), but you will need the 1.6.1170 version of the dll to make it work 

Start two new games, preferably with a character in a quiet place like the player home in Whiterun, check that the male and female bodies look correct.

You may need to use BodySlide. 

As I'm building a mod list for sexlab itself, I generally test the SexLab mods with SexLabFramework, SL Animation Loader (SLAL), SexLab Eager NPCS (SLEN), and an animation pack, to test that everything is working before there's anything new installed. SLEN makes it easy to trigger an event, to see if any NSFW animations will play, and if that is glitching then there's no point in hoping the new modlist will work.

Start a new game, preferably with a character in a quiet place like the player home in Whiterun. Inside Skryim, you need to go to the MCM menu, trigger SexLab to install and become active, exit the MCM and wait about 30s - there should be a message to the screen, or you can open the console inside skyrim with the ~ key and check when SexLab reports it is ready. Then go back into the MCM, activate SLEN (and add a power just for your character, and set persuasion/charm for NPC interaction to whatever difficult you want), and then go to SLAL and enable and register all the animations. Your character should now be able have fun by themselves, and walk into Whiterun and have a new dialogue option with NPCs.

Thank you for all the great info. Luckily I do already have most of the mods you mentioned in the beginning of the post so I'm good on those, but I will be needing male bodies too for these to fully work properly. Let me ask, since I do have 1.6.1170, would you recommend Schlongs of Skyrim or TNG + Himbo? Do mods that rely on, say Schlongs of Skyrim, still work if TNG + Himbo is used instead and vice versa? Since others have said that some other mods are fine as either or (Just can't remember which one specifically right now)

Edited by AbusedSlave

The animations don't care which body it is, so long as it has the XPS Skeleton.

What the different bodies mostly do is some variation of adding a shape over which to put clothing, for which bodyslide becomes important.

Samlight on vectorplexis.com has more artistic/skimpy/anime clothing, Schlongs has the bodybuilder option, TNG+Himbo has more of the regular Nexus clothing, plus Kreiste's revealing clothing and armor.

For SL mods themselves, some have SoS listed as a requirement, but this seems to be more of a requirement for a skeleton plus a body, rather than SoS specifically. Out of my load list, there are a few with MCM menus that specifically report integration with SoS, and the mods still run with TNG and Sam.

A few things that are specific to each

1) SoS in the version I played had size as integer increments from 1 to 10, which could then be updated by specific effects like potions if you want an immersive route to size growth. Sam and TNG are more of a continuous slider in racemenu, I haven't encountered objects or events that change size other than going to Racemenu.

2) SoS has an option to distribute different sizes based on race.

3) Sam has a shout that triggers a racemenu for an NPC, to allow you to edit them as required, just not very immersive. 

4) SoS and TNG have an option to specify shape + circumcised/natural by race.

5) SoS has more of a library of ... variants ... to be included.

6) SamLight seems to be more tolerant of skyrim updates, provided Racemenu is good then Sam just keeps going.

Damsels in Distress - this has a hard requirement for Zaz 8

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: My game crashes when I get near a camp. This mod sucks.

A: Please get the correct version of Zaz. It's in the mega download. I didn't make the rules. Too many newbloods fall victim to this alone.

Q: Do I need any of the other Damsels in Distress mods for this to work?

A: Are they in this mod's requirements? No. Damsels in Distress is my series. They are all related but independent of each other.

Q: Does this mod work for AE?

A: It should. Use with caution.

Further ZaZ stuff : consider 

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, JimUpdating said:

For SL mods themselves, some have SoS listed as a requirement, but this seems to be more of a requirement for a skeleton plus a body, rather than SoS specifically. Out of my load list, there are a few with MCM menus that specifically report integration with SoS, and the mods still run with TNG and Sam.

I went with SoS and the men do have their schlongs now so thank you.

Now that those seem to be working (as far as I can tell so far), I went with my next items, and I hate to bring up more issues but after installing some of the Devious mods (Devious Devices, Devious Lore, and Device Cursed Loot), any time bondage gear gets put on me, such as the bondage gloves or, (in the case of the image below) a bondage dress, that part of my body disappears. Items like Chastity devices simply do not show up at all. 

Also installed the Devious Lore Voicepack for some reason I do not get any speech. Maybe the people I'm speaking with didn't get speech for the extra dialogue.

Here's an image of the missing body

ScreenShot4.thumb.png.6db85001dfbbfb701e13674a0613872b.png

I've followed all the instructions for installation of all the Devious content that I have. The only thing not installed was HDT SMP as it sounds like it's just for faster physics like hair and capes. Plus the list of mods it needs and their needed mods seems pretty massive

Sex scenes also seem to never want to line up properly. They are standing too far apart or one my character is too high up so she's not even touching them. EDIT: I think I may have gotten this one, but it's difficult to test at the moment

image.thumb.png.23fda39bf57a731c2378f975301a4cff.png

20 hours ago, JimUpdating said:

ZAZ - Zaz 8 is available.

The link you posted is for Zaz 7.0 SE, which I do have so that should be all good. 

Edited by AbusedSlave

The link you posted is for Zaz 7.0 SE, which I do have so that should be all good. 

Zaz 7 is reported as crashing Damsels, Zaz 8 is specified. Scroll to the base of the link I sent, and you'll find

The packs of ZAP 8+ can be found here:

ZAZ 8.0+ CBBE HDT 2023 : https://mega.nz/file/7IhyFKrQ#IfUw7ex6vg6h0to4x5fQ7IoEJpUqUmW130p7aazDNmg
ZAZ 8.0+ UUNP HDT 2023 https://mega.nz/file/3FxmUQwB#fN7DSeTkL_yVssza0Hbxv1a7XdF9xul3gZyuEjVTp3A

fter installing some of the Devious mods (Devious Devices, Devious Lore, and Device Cursed Loot), any time bondage gear gets put on me, such as the bondage gloves or, (in the case of the image below) a bondage dress, that part of my body disappears. Items like Chastity devices simply do not show up at all. 

Welcome to Bodyslide. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/201

Basic skyrim has weight applied to a body, which does a bit of width and height. It's one simple slider, and the generic outfits are based on that simple slider.

CBBE and SoS and all the other body replacers have multiple sliders, so anytime there is an invisible clothing (or invisible body) then you need to run bodyslide.

Inside BodySlide, there should be a BatchBuild, to build all the outfits from your mod list, onto the body in your modlist.

If you are using DD, then some other mods to consider.

Laura's Bondage Shop adds a shop just outside Whiterun's gate to buy devices, and buy keys, and do some quests.

DD Equip or Unforgiving Devices adds some cheats to get out of devices. Unforgiving Devices allows items to evolve and adds other quests. 

Captured Dreams is a legendary mod that has been resurrected into Skyrim SE/AE.

Links will be in 

https://tasairis.github.io/compat/

For much bigger quests, take a look at

Trappings of Fate https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/22231-the-trappings-of-fate/

Skyrim ChainBeasts https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5279-skyrim-chain-beasts/

SexSlaves/Mia's Lair https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5520-sexlab-sex-slaves-sse/

mods that will completely change gameplay are Slaverun, Troubles of Heroine, Devious Followers, and SubmissiveLola the Resubmission.

these change the game dramatically - I would suggest only having one active at a time, to avoid them imposing competing/contradictory effects.

16 hours ago, JimUpdating said:

Well I feel dumb about that one...I have the mod and opened it via the exe file, but didn't realize I had to click Build Batch. Thank you for pointing that out.

Zaz 7 is reported as crashing Damsels, Zaz 8 is specified. Scroll to the base of the link I sent, and you'll find

The packs of ZAP 8+ can be found here:

ZAZ 8.0+ CBBE HDT 2023 : https://mega.nz/file/7IhyFKrQ#IfUw7ex6vg6h0to4x5fQ7IoEJpUqUmW130p7aazDNmg
ZAZ 8.0+ UUNP HDT 2023 https://mega.nz/file/3FxmUQwB#fN7DSeTkL_yVssza0Hbxv1a7XdF9xul3gZyuEjVTp3A

So far the Damsels located in the jails have worked perfectly fine but there's a camp near Whiterun (Bleakwind Basin maybe) that crashes the game if I go near it (or something/someone in that direction). I'll try ZAZ 8.0+ again but when I tried last time, when I clicked the SKSE loader it said 8.0 was incompatible and that I needed ZAZ 7 instead.

If you are using DD, then some other mods to consider.

Laura's Bondage Shop adds a shop just outside Whiterun's gate to buy devices, and buy keys, and do some quests.

DD Equip or Unforgiving Devices adds some cheats to get out of devices. Unforgiving Devices allows items to evolve and adds other quests. 

Captured Dreams is a legendary mod that has been resurrected into Skyrim SE/AE.

Links will be in 

https://tasairis.github.io/compat/

For much bigger quests, take a look at

Trappings of Fate https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/22231-the-trappings-of-fate/

Skyrim ChainBeasts https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5279-skyrim-chain-beasts/

SexSlaves/Mia's Lair https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5520-sexlab-sex-slaves-sse/

mods that will completely change gameplay are Slaverun, Troubles of Heroine, Devious Followers, and SubmissiveLola the Resubmission.

these change the game dramatically - I would suggest only having one active at a time, to avoid them imposing competing/contradictory effects.

Couldn't find Captured Dreams previously, so thank you for linking that for me! I'll give that, and some of these others a try too as they sound fun. One at a time though as you suggested

3 hours ago, AbusedSlave said:

I'll try ZAZ 8.0+ again but when I tried last time, when I clicked the SKSE loader it said 8.0 was incompatible and that I needed ZAZ 7 instead.

Something sounds weird, I'm running ZAZ 8.0 SE 2023, and it's not had a complaint from SKSE.

There is an LE version of the zaz pack, and there are scripts which are likely specific to LE. However, if FNIS ran on the pack you've got with no errors, then the pack you have should be SE/AE compatible.

Can you deactivate zaz 7, activate Zaz 8, run FNIS and get a screen shot of FNIS saying everything is ok? Can you then run Skyrim and screenshot the SKSE error message?

You may need to create a post in https://www.loverslab.com/forum/73-technical-support-skyrim-special-edition/ which will be more specific to AE/SE, and include those screenshots. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, JimUpdating said:

Something sounds weird, I'm running ZAZ 8.0 SE 2023, and it's not had a complaint from SKSE.

There is an LE version of the zaz pack, and there are scripts which are likely specific to LE. However, if FNIS ran on the pack you've got with no errors, then the pack you have should be SE/AE compatible.

Can you deactivate zaz 7, activate Zaz 8, run FNIS and get a screen shot of FNIS saying everything is ok? Can you then run Skyrim and screenshot the SKSE error message?

You may need to create a post in https://www.loverslab.com/forum/73-technical-support-skyrim-special-edition/ which will be more specific to AE/SE, and include those screenshots. 

Funny thing is I was just doing this.

This time I didn't get the message, and this time I was able to get to that camp I mentioned, but with ZAZ 8 and 8.0+ (tried separately of course), the Damsels are not in the cells anymore and sex animations don't work anymore. If I solicit someone, I get naked or they add bondage gear then it's considered over and I can ask them for money

Also, not sure if this is part of a mod that I didn't notice, but when I went into the Bannered Mare, that female warrior that can become your follower and you can eventually marry (something the unbroken) thinks I am an enemy now and instantly attacks until everyone else kills her lol. A couple random Vigilants of Stendarr did the same while walking around. Which isn't an issue, just wondering if others might find that too

image.thumb.png.28b28de1f485b21aa1edc8f05de4182f.png

Edited by AbusedSlave

given this is LL, you may want to check the Gender Specific option in FNIS.

so zap 7 is fine in FNIS - do you get anything different from FNIS with Zap 8?

you are now able to get to the camp with ZAP 7 and/or ZAP 8?

very basic - when you reran FNIS, you also went into SLAL and registered/rebuilt the list of animations SexLab can draw from? I can imagine that if the list of ZAP animations changed, then SL might request a particular animation from the list SLAL had, but couldn't find the animation, so skipped the animation.

For Uthgerdt the Unbroken, FNIS/DD/ZAP won't change NPC behaviour by themselves. If there are DD involved, and Deviously Helpless/Deviously Enslaved are present, then NPC might suddenly react to you,  

Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2024 at 7:31 PM, JimUpdating said:

given this is LL, you may want to check the Gender Specific option in FNIS.

so zap 7 is fine in FNIS - do you get anything different from FNIS with Zap 8?

you are now able to get to the camp with ZAP 7 and/or ZAP 8?

very basic - when you reran FNIS, you also went into SLAL and registered/rebuilt the list of animations SexLab can draw from? I can imagine that if the list of ZAP animations changed, then SL might request a particular animation from the list SLAL had, but couldn't find the animation, so skipped the animation.

For Uthgerdt the Unbroken, FNIS/DD/ZAP won't change NPC behaviour by themselves. If there are DD involved, and Deviously Helpless/Deviously Enslaved are present, then NPC might suddenly react to you,  

Sorry for the wait, and thanks again for checking in. As mentioned in my message, Surrender is not working properly either (not sure if it ever did). Will explain further in the post.

SLAL is Sex Lab Animation Loader right? Is that included with SexLab? In my list, I have SL Aroused, SL Framework AE, and SL MatchMaker. Where can I access the Animation Loader? It wasn't in the Mod Menu in the game.

I don't seem to get any warnings in FNIS with either version of ZAP. The only difference is the number of animations that are loaded

image.thumb.jpeg.684eea129edf142113b5f3f4857b62e7.jpeg

By using ZAP 8.0+ CBBE HDT 2023, I am able to finally get to the camp, but then I lose the sex animations. If I go back to ZAP 7, I get the animations back, and I can also go to jail cells and use the women tied up there, but certain places like that camp crash, which is odd because there isn't anything mod related at that location

For surrender not working; Character puts her hands up, enemy sheaths their weapon, then absolutely nothing happens. To move it along, I have to hit Esc then close out of the menu, and I have to do that for each thing that's supposed to happen. Step 0 everyone is standing around, hit Esc and step 1 starts where my follower is tied up, hit Esc again and step 2 I (sometimes) get stripped and "You are being pushed to the ground!" with 2 moans". Hit Esc a few more times and eventually the enemy walks back to me, and then appears in the exact same space that I am in (see photo) and eventually the Surrender moves forward like it's supposed to, by putting me in a new location.

ZAP 7:

-Sex animations do work. but there are issues (details below)

-Game crashes near places like Bleakwind Basin (just found that it does have a Damsel)

-Damsels ARE in the jail cell and I can use them

ZAP 8.0 CBBE Rev2: (For the hell of it I thought I'd try this version)

-Sex animations do work. but there are issues (details below)

-Will check the camps tomorrow to see if they crash

-Damsels ARE in the jail cell and I can use them

ZAP 8.0+ CBBE HDT 2023:

-Sex animations do NOT work (I guess sometimes they do because they are working atm but same issues listed below)

-Game does not crash

-Damsels are NOT in the jail cell

All three versions:

Surrender does not work

Creature animations do not work (already enabled in SL)

Also, is it normal for the sex animations to restart 4-12 times? They will move close and (for example) start kissing, then the animation will restart with them being apart and moving in to kiss, then over and over again. While making this video, it actually never stopped restarting.

Or for the sex animations to take several seconds to start and then restart in different positions as if the program can't decide which position to put them in? Like in this video.

Deviously Helpless and Deviously Enslaved are not installed but after I get this stuff figured out, I will look into all of the Devious mods because so far they have been a lot of fun

Edited by AbusedSlave