[Wip] Intimacy Project

t3589

GIFTS!  X D  You know I've been stashing boxes of detergent, right?  ;)

Jokes, huh?  I look forward to seeing future shenanigans.

Just tested it.  No more boxes needed.  It's completely free form now.  You can now give them anything that you can put into a container.  Now I just have to figure out a. How/Why to wear the clothes you give them. and b. How what you give them translates into the relationship.

Any opinions are welcome.

So far:

- Click gift dialog.

- Gift container opens.

- Deposit anything you want into it.

- Exit and the NPC now has the itmes.

And I'm sure that there will be a "creeped out by limit" to giving gifts as well, yes?

I don't know.  I'm still trying to decide on what basis they like/don't like/will accept/won't accept.  Of course theres the gifts value.  That's the easy part.  It just seems like there should be more to it than value.

EDIT: Sentiment and Greed?

Tried my luck with Sunny again with the newest version...

.... starting to see a pattern here!  :lol:

If anything she just rejected me ever faster than before. Now it goes 1 date, a few drinks/eats, affection/flirt exchanges, sunny looks different, sunny looks different, hate. 

Affection 21

Heart 34

Desire 58

Lust 7

Libido 84

Disposition 4

Trust 84

If I ask date, insta bug off. If I ask fool around, tease/turn off.

:@

Tried my luck with Sunny again with the newest version...

.... starting to see a pattern here!  :lol:

If anything she just rejected me ever faster than before. Now it goes 1 date, a few drinks/eats, affection/flirt exchanges, sunny looks different, sunny looks different, hate. 

Affection 21

Heart 34

Desire 58

Lust 7

Libido 84

Disposition 4

Trust 84

If I ask date, insta bug off. If I ask fool around, tease/turn off.

:@

I've got no clue.  What is it you are trying to accomplish with her?  In my testing as a Male PC so far, with Sunny as a stalker, I've been on one date with her, several hangouts, ate 3-4 times, drank a couple times, sex x3 (once when she jumped me at the saloon and we got away with it).

And in my play through I JUST broke her of stalker and haven't been back since messing with gifts.  I can give you some hints though.

Heart 34 = 34 Affection needed for 1 point of disposition.  This is not a very efficient return for your effort.

Libido 84 = 84 Desire needed to get 1 point of Lust, and 84 Lust needed to get in the mood.  This means she's a 'cold fish'.

Trust 84, I'm seeing a pattern here.

Sounds to me like you should either cheat and set her explicitly, or reset her for a more 'agreeable' Sunny.

I'm not saying that's what the problem is though.  And I will continue with my Sunny play through until I get her to marry me and/or I find a problem.

lol That's funny.  You could exclude her.  That's why I put it in.  I can't account for every single population mods quirks unfortunately.  Though when I get to Freeside I'll be sure to try it with FSOpen, just to see if there's anything I can do.

Just telling something funny, not reporting anything :) In fact, the situation was even realistic.

In Freeside Open, you can notice the pickpockets as they are NPCs approaching the PC for no reason. You can notice 'em easily.

And the only way to deal with them is killing 'em (if you shoot 'em once, they flee, but they are now hostile and will attack after a while if you dont go to another cell).

With this mod, It's like if I was lured, I wasnt aware of her intentions. Something a petty thief or pickpocket would do: using a distraction.

Just telling something funny, not reporting anything :) In fact, the situation was even realistic.

In Freeside Open, you can notice the pickpockets as they are NPCs approaching the PC for no reason. You can notice 'em easily.

And the only way to deal with them is killing 'em (if you shoot 'em once, they flee, but they are now hostile and will attack after a while if you dont go to another cell).

With this mod, It's like if I was lured, I wasnt aware of her intentions. Something a petty thief or pickpocket would do: using a distraction.

lol That's rich.

Went to the Silver Rush.  Hadn't been there this playthrough.  You're supposed to wait for the scene where they kill the guy to finish.  Scene doesn't finish if everyone in there wants to do you.  It was amusing at first when one by one their guns disappeared.  The 4 guards that prevent you from going into the the store down to the table with the goods on it and Jean Baptiste.  If Jean Baptiste doesn't kill the guy, if you go past where the guards have you blocked off, everyone aggros.  TCL to kill the dude didn't advance the scene either (didn't think it would, but tried).  Reloaded game.  Tried reducing charisma.  Didn't actually work.  Marked stuff as raggedy and homely (I was thinking those stacked, but maybe I'm just cancelling out the greater penalty).  Nope.  Reload.  Go inside.  Guns start being put away.  Get close enough to trigger the scene, pop a stealth boy, and hang out by the door.  Scene finally finished.

No idea how you'd check for something like that.  Can't think of other stand and wait events that could be interrupted.

Poor Doc Mitchell decided to ask me for a date, but he didn't do it until I was outside of his house.  Poor man is hanging out by the broken down truck looking very lost.  At least he is getting some sun.

Hilarious.

Can't read a word on the poster.  Her "I hope he <verbs> my box tonight."  While I realize that anything would be suitable or funny, I'm curious as to what it actually is.  And also, is mimsy slang?  There's a children's movie called The Last Mimsy.

@t3589

Just completed the tutorial.

I entered the saloon and saw the usual Joe Cobb & Trudy dialogue.

'Trudy seems interested' message appears. And Trudy ignores Joe Cobb and comes to talk with my PC.

Well, I felt flattered, but It shouldnt be this way.

I think this is like the Sunny Smiles situation, she shouldnt be avalible until you get rid of the PGs

It's less of an event than the Silver Rush (or shorter, at least), so I'm curious what kind of other scripted dialogue/scenes it breaks.  I bet it has the potential to break the interrogation of the Legion guy at McCarran.  I think that finding little things like that is probably a manual effort.

She should go back to it.  I'm more interested in how you got Trudy to hit on you right off the bat.  This particular situation must be resolved by the player.  These are the types of situations that the Book was implemented to resolve.  ie. If you aren't ready for relationships, don't unequip the Book.

In other news I've got the PC gifting framework in place.  I'm still having trouble deciding what you should get out of it, and from whom.  I know I want to be able to use gifts to get out of rejections.  So there's one.  But for just plain gifting how should the NPC react?

I'm thinking something like:

- If they are committed they give you disposition.

- If they are evil aligned they may sell it for the caps, and/or give you ?

- If they are lovers they give affection.

- If they are incompatible it lowers convictions.

This is just brainstorming mind you.  I'm struggling with many questions like:

- Should the NPC turn down the gift if it's too expensive, and on what basis do they make this decision?

- What turn around should be given for the value of the gifts? ie. For every 100 value you get 1 point of xyz?

- Should sentimentality be a separate variable, instead of using affection, disposition, commitments and the like to determine sentiment?

- Should greed be a separate variable, instead of using poverty level, alignment, disposition and the like to determine greed?

I just don't want to rush into anything with this part yet.  It should be meaningful and have substance, as opposed to being 'The Easy Button' that everyone uses to buy their way out of negatives.  Opinions would be appreciated.

"- If they are evil aligned they may sell it for the caps, and/or give you ?"

Pretty sure junkies would trade it for caps ASAP, not that I know anything about junkies besides the [Party] option.  ; P

Clothing or a weapon (I imagine that a weapon would go over well enough in the Fallout world in a "I want you to be safe, and your current gun is a piece of shit.") could be a problem in forcing an equip versus what they currently have.  Mind you, that's mostly a concern for companions.  I'm thinking about this from an equip clothes for date or the like perspective.  The weapon (or any other gift really) could go into a black hole container.  I'm not sure if you're tracking items beyond the gift's impact on numbers.

This is just brainstorming mind you.  I'm struggling with many questions like:

- Should the NPC turn down the gift if it's too expensive, and on what basis do they make this decision?

- What turn around should be given for the value of the gifts? ie. For every 100 value you get 1 point of xyz?

- Should sentimentality be a separate variable, instead of using affection, disposition, commitments and the like to determine sentiment?

- Should greed be a separate variable, instead of using poverty level, alignment, disposition and the like to determine greed?

Unfortunately, I don't really have any suggestions.  Unless you've got mods to curb it, money eventually becomes pretty meaningless to the player.  Besides weapons and actual armor, other stuff isn't too valuable (potential of other clothing like necklaces aside).  Usually 100 or less.  You could have a percentage chance of the recipient becoming a golddigger depending on the casualness of the relationship.  Hell, maybe you get hit on more if you get a reputation/perk for being a sugar daddy/momma.  That could dissuade (or encourage, I suppose) the player from giving gifts too often.  Perhaps the gift somehow influences the NPC's suggestion or receptivity to the next activity?  They'll say yes to the next date, or will agree to all of the activities that the player suggests on the date with the exception of fool around and party.

Alrighty let's give this a whirl.  Update in the OP.

- Gifts are in both ways.  Will tweak it more as I test.

- PC can give gifts during activities or the beginning of dates.

- PC can receive gifts during activities from Lovers-Spouse.

- Each NPC can give to the PC, once per game day.

- The PC can give to each NPC, oncer per game day.

- The PC can also give gifts to NPCs that are mad at them (untested).

- What kind of gifts you receive, you'll have to find to for yourself.

Other news:

- Fixed weapon still equipped while dancing.

- Will fix the PipBoyRadio issue when I replace it with customizable music.

- Completely re-wrote the intimacy tracking (lovers, commitments).  This should solve the 'Changed back to Casual Dialog' problem.

- Added debug.  Now if you want to see the console spam you must enable debug mode.  'SetDebugMode 1 <ModIndexDecimal>'  ie. SexoutDRT.esp's decimal index.

Let me know.

1)  Need to clean save I imagine?

2)  Unless there's some sort of "Eww...this place is too icky to have sex," dead animals are also No to Sex Here.

3)  How much of a pain in the ass would it be to add the Small/er Talk checks/disable?  /whine

1)  Need to clean save I imagine?

2)  Unless there's some sort of "Eww...this place is too icky to have sex," dead animals are also No to Sex Here.

3)  How much of a pain in the ass would it be to add the Small/er Talk checks/disable?  /whine

Shouldn't need to clean save but you might want to give each NPC you deal with a moment to run through a cycle so they can pick up on the new commitment tracking.  Otherwise they will probably give the wrong dialog until they do.

Which dead animal?  There are no real noes to sex.  Just because the NPC doesn't want to do it where you want to do it, doesn't mean they don't want to do it. lol

I suppose I could unpopulate them like I did with the dogs.  If it's a static ref tell me which it is and I'll stick it in.  If not, I'll have to account for the animals you've killed as well with the scanner.

SmallerTalk checks?  I'm not sure what you mean?

Which dead animal?  There are no real noes to sex.  Just because the NPC doesn't want to do it where you want to do it, doesn't mean they don't want to do it. lol

The options are Coerce, Seduce, and Cancel (I think)?  I assumed that Cancel meant that the fooling around was off.

Check to see whether Small Talk or Smaller Talk is loaded, and if it is NOT, then stop random NPCs from coming up to you and saying their dialogue.

The options are Coerce, Seduce, and Cancel (I think)?  I assumed that Cancel meant that the fooling around was off.

Check to see whether Small Talk or Smaller Talk is loaded, and if it is NOT, then stop random NPCs from coming up to you and saying their dialogue.

No I meant take them somewhere you know they'll say yes to sex without a fuss as a solution.  You can try and coerce/seduce them too.  Works for me 5/9 times in the Saloon toilet.  They always say no in there, then I have to coerce/seduce them.

Which NPCs specifically come up to you with dialog?  You mean generics?

Yeah.  Generics.  I've gotten hit on with "Patrolling the Mojave..."

Do you want help testing PC male?  Thought about making a male PC to woo Julie Farkas and/or get into a love triangle with her and Arcade.

I imagine that this is a Charon Improved thing, but yesterday, some token shift made him switch from melee back to guns.  He's not always the best about staying melee when I tell him to go melee, so I'm just bringing this up on the off-chance that someone else reports it with a vanilla companion/NPC/etc.

Sgt. Arkus from AWOP has demonstrated interest in me, but not Frankie at the gun store.  Don't have Casual or Banter with him.  Not sure if there's something going on with that or if he just never has enough time to get scanned/setup.

Yeah.  Generics.  I've gotten hit on with "Patrolling the Mojave..."

Do you want help testing PC male?  Thought about making a male PC to woo Julie Farkas and/or get into a love triangle with her and Arcade.

I imagine that this is a Charon Improved thing, but yesterday, some token shift made him switch from melee back to guns.  He's not always the best about staying melee when I tell him to go melee, so I'm just bringing this up on the off-chance that someone else reports it with a vanilla companion/NPC/etc.

Sgt. Arkus from AWOP has demonstrated interest in me, but not Frankie at the gun store.  Don't have Casual or Banter with him.  Not sure if there's something going on with that or if he just never has enough time to get scanned/setup.

Weird.  What mod is that NPC from?  Have you tried to exclude them with the Book?  How many of them are there?  The thing is, I can build another exclude list like last time, but it still won't account for NPCs that are from another mod.

I need help testing everything.  Whatever you want to play is good enough for me.  Yeah, don't know about the Charon thing.

Sgt. Arkus is another one I always exclude.  Can't stand dealing with her dialog quirks.  Frankie has never ever hit on me going all the way back to the prototype.  His bodyguard has looked a few times, but that was it.  I may try and solve AWOP someday by adding some greetings.

EDIT: SCORE!  Sunny gifted me a British Decal Motorcycle Helmut? lol  Must be from that fancy clothes mod.

EDIT EDIT: Tested gift rejection removal.  Works on my end.

Archived