[Wip] Intimacy Project

t3589

Tiny problem on my end regarding the TTW test.

I'm running TTW 2.4, and I forget that it starts me in NV by default for whatever reason. I need to upgrade to 2.6 anyway.  I'm afraid that if I start in NV, everything will have a chance to get setup as that the start menu mod gives you a chance to pick whether you start at the vault or NV after you're finished at Doc Mitchell's house (don't know how it works from the vault side).

EDIT:  Oh shit.  The TTW Startup Menu isn't compatible with 2.6 anyway.  Blarg for future new games.

EDIT:  Also, tell me that you're using FOMM and not NMM.

For all the big important mods, yes I am using FOMM. The small, single esps that really are of no consequence that I would have picked up from the Nexus or a texture mod or two, I used NMM. :/ Should not be hard to bring them all from NMM to Fomm though...

Alright. So I've run through Fo3, cheating to force my way through the train station and get to NV. I've went through Doc Mitchel (who was fairly bugged probably from inappropriate TTW install because the doc never gives me my pipboy and it crashes 75% of the time when I try to leave) and exited into Goodspirngs. Nothing. The blackbook is incompatible with the NPCs there as well. I'm gonna do some more investigations, see if another mod is causing the issue because that is completely possible. In fact, I'll attach my load order just in case you see something I do not... Is there a console command to print out a debug report perhaps? I know there was one for Skyrim...

I know this is something on my end. It has to be! Just what is it, however, is the problem. Thanks a lot for the help and ideas earlier, btw!

Don't put yourself out too much.  You may want to save yourself the bother and wait a few days.  There are massive changes in the works.  An alpha copy is on the way.  It should take me a few days.

All right. I'll step away from it for a while. Give you some time to work your magic.

Also, Nyaalich, I did start in NV in one of my tests. No luck there either.

Huh.  That fucking sucks.  :-/  For now, I'm building 2.6 and hoping for the best.

No problem throwing esps into the folder.  You could zip them with a date in the name and/or version number to help you identify how recently you updated it.  Picked up that trick from jaam.  NMM and FOMM don't play well.  FOMM tries.  NMM says "No!  I don't wanna!", and then XML files fight to the death or something like that.

I'm concerned that TTW is crashing for you so much, but other than what I've already said about checking compatibility, I've got nothing.

Alpha state, woohoo! Just in a few days? Will It require a new game?

On other things, I noticed that a few of the vault boy images used in the perks from FO2 could go well for perks added by this mod. Maybe we users can post a link here if we find a vault boy image useful for your added perks.

Long story short, there's a critical design flaw in the current copy that prevents me from going further without it getting extremely convoluted.  Therefore, I am more or less forced to gut nearly everything it affects and re-write it.  Because of this, I figured I might as well make any improvements I can along the way.

So the next copy will be an esm/esp alpha.  It will be completely new as far as saves are concerned.  I've been working on it since last week, so I've already made some progress.  Shouldn't be too long, but it will definitely take me a few days.  Bear with me.

:o You poor thing.  You've completely rewritten this at least twice.

That you know of. lol  I rewrote the prototype 18 times before it was even playable.

Don't worry, it will be worth it.  This should be the last time.  Lot's of improvements to all the things that bugged you.  Not to mention the fact that I'm re-writing this in a way that may allow NPCs to have relationships with one another at some point.

EDIT:  If there are any suggestions for changes, now would be a good time.

Lot's of improvements to all the things that bugged you.

Hah.

Can't think of any suggestions at present.  You know I like the Showgirl quest, but I have notes written up for a Be a Performer mod for NV.  Not sure when I'm going to start on that one.

Don't know if you're redoing gifting, but is there a good way for the flowers mod to tie into it?  Currently, there's dialogue for giving the flower, then the flower and a token that tracks the flower's lifespan and forces the auto-equip are added to the NPC's inventory.  Anyway, there you go.  I need to finish writing the dialogue for the vendor and record it for phase one.  At this point, she feels like she's just a companion wheel away from being a companion.  : P

Not to mention the fact that I'm re-writing this in a way that may allow NPCs to have relationships with one another at some point.

Swear to god, T!.  Swear to god.  If I can't make an NPC NOT cheat on me...

I actually ended up saying "fuck it" with Charon to make the FotA troublemaker for DRL because I've got my own plate of drama going on IRL that I don't need an NPC that I feel a fondness for insulting me because I was affectionate.  ;)

Hah.

Can't think of any suggestions at present.  You know I like the Showgirl quest, but I have notes written up for a Be a Performer mod for NV.  Not sure when I'm going to start on that one.

Don't know if you're redoing gifting, but is there a good way for the flowers mod to tie into it?  Currently, there's dialogue for giving the flower, then the flower and a token that tracks the flower's lifespan and forces the auto-equip are added to the NPC's inventory.  Anyway, there you go.  I need to finish writing the dialogue for the vendor and record it for phase one.  At this point, she feels like she's just a companion wheel away from being a companion.  : P

Swear to god, T!.  Swear to god.  If I can't make an NPC NOT cheat on me...

I actually ended up saying "fuck it" with Charon to make the FotA troublemaker for DRL because I've got my own plate of drama going on IRL that I don't need an NPC that I feel a fondness for insulting me because I was affectionate.  ;)

I may part out the quest type stuff as examples so others can edit them.

Should I redo gifting?  I too would really like the flowers to work.  I wanted to buildref them in eventually if that's Ok? 

The way gifting is now was also planned to be used as the 'payment' method for prostitution, because it eliminates the need to create endless item dialogs.  Which is something I REALLY like about it. lol  I hadn't planned to redo gifting, but I had planned to redo food/drinks to work more like gifting does.  What do you guys think?

NPC to NPC is a long way off.  However, I'm making sure that I leave things open for that feature as I go.  Yes the downside would be that they may leave you for another NPC.  The upside is that you could play matchmaker, which is more along the lines of what I was thinking.

Yeah I'm taking a sledgehammer to anything that haunted us in the past.  Insults, turn offs, and anything like that is already in and separated.  In the next copy there should be no doubt whatsoever why they are saying what they are saying and when.

A grace period has also been added.  ie. There is now a measure of time between the NPC acquiring a 'mood' (yep, moods are already in the esm) and the NPC acting upon that mood.  So for example in the current one, an NPC acquires a Flirt approach, then you have to catch them before they spend that approach, to catch them in that flirty mood/state.

With the new one, you get to enjoy their mood/state for a while, before they become approaches/actions. This allows a better chance to take advantage of/preempt behaviors before they are exhibited.

I'm adding a portable Control Terminal now to replace the book.  If there are any settings anyone would like to see, feel free to speak up.  I'm putting settings in to turn debug on and off.  I'm putting in options to enable/disable the customization dialog (Include/Exclude/Cheats). I'm also adding new clothing eval functionality.  When I'm done, Clothing Eval may no longer be needed.

Which is another issue.  If there are any new types of looks anyone would like to see, let me know.  With the new clothing eval system you'll be able to set up clothing a lot more dynamically (and gender proper).  Also you'll be able to set up an 'alter' ego outfit that will carry its own set of stats for your incognito personality.

Just tossing that out there while I refill my coffee.

Random Question:  Will the eval have any connection with moods?

Possibility to exclude a group of people from DRL to remove generics since I had a problem with both vanilla generics and mod-added generics?  I realize that this would have to be implemented with great caution.  I think if you did "remove all NPCs with the same name %i?", that would work.  Or some combination of class and name match?  Name and mod?  Maybe no one else had a problem with it like I did, but man.  Tell her about patrolling the Mojave.  Bitches love hearing about patrolling the Mojave.  :rolleyes:

Random Question:  Will the eval have any connection with moods?

Possibility to exclude a group of people from DRL to remove generics since I had a problem with both vanilla generics and mod-added generics?  I realize that this would have to be implemented with great caution.  I think if you did "remove all NPCs with the same name %i?", that would work.  Or some combination of class and name match?  Name and mod?  Maybe no one else had a problem with it like I did, but man.  Tell her about patrolling the Mojave.  Bitches love hearing about patrolling the Mojave.  :rolleyes:

Indirectly I guess.  ie. Wearing something Sexy won't hurt them getting in a flirtatious mood.

I thought about doing it by class a long time ago, but it doesn't solve the problem.  I may add a setting in the control terminal to a. switch to inclusion based (All NPCs are excluded and you must include who you want active), b. switch to exclusion based (All NPCs are included and you must exclude them).

I may also buildref some of them in later and add them to the banned list.  AWOP for one.  I've never had a problem with the generics from repop wasteland.  They work quite well.

Mind you, what you're experiencing may be a problem with the way this mod worked, and not the plugin mod NPCs themselves.  We'll see with this new copy if generics give you trouble.  They shouldn't.

The thing that concerned me was that vanilla generics approached. 

EDIT:  Besides not having people hit on/stalk you/talk to, the only problem with excluding all of them and including some would be that you wouldn't have rumor approaches, right?  I'm trying to think of what essential-to-the-mod functionality it would wipe out.

Holy fuck, walking through the FotA camp after people had finished approaching me?  Rumor has it that I'm a bigamist cheating on both of my spouses with a giraffe, who pegged me correctly as the easy lay type of whore.  Did you add any other rumors, or did I get them all?  ;)

alphaalphaalpha!  (this is encouragement ;) )

Was going pretty fast until I had to write my own clothing eval system.  Just finished putting the last condition into the clothing eval interface.  Now that I have clothing eval out of the way, I can get back to hashing out appearance eval.  Right after I finish this beer...

EDIT: Now you will only need Sexout Clothing Eval if you intend to set factions.  It will no longer be needed for this mod, but can still be used with it.

Suggestion:  Don't enable DRL until after Doc Mitchell has given you your vault suit and then you've suited up.  Granted, I started TTW from DC and some stuff from 2.6 is acting screwy, but Doc bitched at me about being naked.  : P  Not my fault he strip searched me.

I could make a patch for it for TTW so that DRL starts either when you're out of Vault 101 (if that's where you start) and if so, somehow put DRL on hold after you're going through Doc Mitchell's bit.

That would be interesting. Oddly enough, I'm not having the issue with Doc yelling at me for being naked, but the town of Megaton has many a problem with nudity, and I get swarmed with people yelling at me for it, both on the same save. I'm unsure as to why that would be as well, seeing as it would make more sense for me to have the opposite problem.

Now I'm excited! Will there be a MCM connection or a planned one in the future? I'm sure this has been asked already...

Only if it is entirely necessary.  All settings will be consolidated into the control terminal.  What MCM settings did you have in mind?

I was only curious, honestly, nothing in particular in mind. Mostly things like chance rates and such I suppose, but I believe you intend to keep them as fixed as possible to keep this mod slow paced, which is ideal and what I look forward to the most. The only reason why I would want to modify chance rates would be testing. I'm always paranoid whether or not a mod is "working" as intended in my game because for some reason all my mods have a nasty habit of bugging out.

Also, nyaalich, MCM that bad? I never properly worked with it.

MCM is pretty.  I haven't worked a ton with it.  There's a good tutorial out there, and there are also example MCM scripts.  I also need to overhaul an MCM menu for one of my mods, and I'm dreading it, so that's coloring my perception a bit.  ;)

If you add stuff to your menu, you have to renumber anything existing that is now below it.  It's kind of learning a new way of scripting. 

Archived