[Wip] Intimacy Project

t3589

Interesting.  By drop, I'm assuming you mean inventory > drop, and it just fits in somehow?

Anyway...news:

1)  Had to manually clean out the gift box.  Worked after that.  Bottlecap equivalent shows up in inventory afterwards.

2)  Turned on console spam (or the lack thereof ; )  ).  Took a while for things to start popping up, but I guess that's scanner time or some such.  Anyway, console only says incompatible and conceited.  Put my karma up 500 good.  Still incompatible.  Assuming that she was marked as a lesbian unless it's cause she's lvl 16 and I'm 3 (I think?).  I use the Practice Makes Perfect mod, which makes leveling like TES leveling in that you have to advance your skills through use to eventually level.  Of course, I teleported to Mormon Fort as soon as I finished the tutorial, so I didn't exactly give myself a chance there.  ; )

3)  Eat isn't entirely working with her (Banter).  Still showing the regular options (eat, flirt, affection, gossip, etc.).  Probably shouldn't be able to select eat while...eating.  Didn't try it.  Didn't want to rip space-time continuum.  Pretty big thing to patch.  It also says [banter Dialog] while eating, so there's that.  Supper didn't end properly w/ Arcade.  Eat finished w/ Julie once and then didn't another time.  May or may not due to having pissed them off.  Don't remember now.

Yep.  For example Doc's tub.  The auto replacer works fine for Doc's tub, but Doc's nasty old tub is only a one seater.  So I open console, select Doc's tub, type disable, markfordelete, go buy a fancy two seater tub from Chet, and drop it where the old tub used to be.  This is from memory mind you.  I might be missing a step, but not two.

Good to hear on the gifts.  Conceited means they are compatible, but are out of your league as you two mentioned.  I still need to test the banter dialog, I'm pretty sure it's broken.  I'll get to it.

What sounds better to everyone?  Welcome mats to mark the entrances of your player house or other things?  Right now I've got a Bed Roll to mark the inside and a gnome to mark the front door.

The downside of the bed roll is that it's sort of in the way (furniture collision), and the downside of the gnome is that it can be kicked around (though it won't break anything if it does get kicked around).  The only real upside to the bedroll I see is that it makes sense.  The gnomes upside is that it's decorative.  I thought about a brahmin skull too, but it can be kicked around.

I realize these items are just fluff other than the fact that they let the system know where locations are.  But I figure why not get more out of them than just the function (use them as decorations too)?  Functionally something like welcome mats would probably be best (out of the way).  I don't know.  Opinions are welcome.

EDIT: A couple hints on gifts.  If they are poor, they'll sell what you give them for caps.  Only when they are no longer impoverished will they keep the gifts.  Therefore, you may want to give them things that you don't mind them selling at first.

Then after they have some scratch in their pockets, give them the things you want them to keep and have.  This will be important later when I add NPCs wear the clothes you give them functions.  Also, the wealthier they are, the less impressed they are likely to be with your gifts.

Can you anchor a welcome mat?  There's a growing things mod that I use that has sacks that always drop upright.  I don't know if it had special weighting put on it somehow or if a setting in the Geck makes it that way.  I haven't tried kicking it over on purpose.  How is the door marker supposed to work in relation to the NPC?

Can you anchor a welcome mat?  There's a growing things mod that I use that has sacks that always drop upright.  I don't know if it had special weighting put on it somehow or if a setting in the Geck makes it that way.  I haven't tried kicking it over on purpose.  How is the door marker supposed to work in relation to the NPC?

I think I've figured it out.  I've dropped the welcome mats idea.  I'm sticking with the Bed Roll idea, though I had it working all backwards.  I went through re-writing everything, getting rid of the bedroll and gnome, added mats, scripts, etc., only to find out that all I had to do was reverse the way the gnome and bedroll worked.

I'll have something here soon.  So far:

1. Pick up bed roll.

2. Drop it near your Player home front entrance.

3. Lurch will appear, pick him up.

4. Drop Lurch inside your home (I drop it at the bottom of my entrance stairs while I am facing into my home).

5. Once you see Lurch on the ground again you can grab him (with Z key, NOT E) and PLACE him somewhere decorative inside your home.

6. If you pick him up again it resets, and you'll have to take him back outside, drop him, get the bed roll, and start again.  So don't pick him up again until you're ready to move to another location.  You can 'grab' move him anywhere inside your home (I stand him up against the wall in the dining room).

Any thoughts?

EDIT:  Why so much fuss over marking the player home up?  It solves some problems.

For example the inside living space of my player home links to another cell, before it links to the outside.  NPCs told to go home just stand there not knowing where the door is.

Another problem it solves is my player homes security systems.  If they did indeed make it to that next cell, in order to get to the exit to the outside world, they must pass two turret guards which will mow them down if they're not set to Teammate.

This is just my way of bypassing all the hassles of buildreffing and similar lifting to accommodate as many home mods as possible.

Ok I got everything working, removed the test dialog, and then tried and tried and tried to get a real game occurrence of asking them back to my place.  Finally got the dialog at the end of a date with Sunny.  She returned 'Maybe'.  So... untested in game context.  They won't say yes unless you set your player home up, and are at least lovers..

If someone gets a night cap to work, let me know how it goes. 

Something to report:

Everything seemed to be working fine until I installed this last version.

If talking with a NPC and choose  'Activities', If the NPCs agrees, you two start the activity; until the NPC says the 'Time for me to go' line. But actually, the 'Activity' doesnt end.

After that the only dialogue option (this mod's related) is the 'Activity Dialogue' and the three options (flirt, affection, small talk) and the NPC keeps triggering the animation related.

This happens even after the NPC goes to sleep and a 'brand new day' comes. The NPC simply return next day and keeps doing the activity.

I tried even kill/resurrect the NPC via the console. Could you check this?

1)  Yeah...I had the same problem as BoondockSaint.

2)  Arcade had a snack in front of the computer.  When he started a conversation during the activity, he decided to start typing on the keyboard.

3)  Had the same token update switch from melee to guns thing happen with him as I did with Charon, so I don't think it's just his wonky packages.  Kinda like the armor reevaluation that kept happening that was fairly arbitrary (2 outfits of the same strength only one had +2 melee +2 something else on it).

No it was a script bailing out too soon before it could remove the activity package.  Should be fixed now.  If not let me know.  And good catch TY.  It didn't always happen so it got by me.

Open the console, select the NPC, type 'removescriptpackage', hit enter, let me know what happens?

Still not working.

Clean save.

EDIT: Question.  Have you set up your player home items yet or no?

Uh, forgot the darn clean save. N00bie mistake :/

And nop, havent edited a player home.

Figured it out.  Stand by for an update.  The current one is broken.

EDIT: Ok now try it.  Should be fixed now.  Stinkin empty ref got me.

EDIT EDIT:  I think I found the stuck on embrace issue too.  Working on it.

Yes.  I tend to start in NV, so I'm not sure how it works in the Vault.  I know that the first trip to DC requires the DLCs to load themselves (tell you all the info and add the quests), and that it sometimes takes a slight bit for DRL to get the characters setup.  It'll say that the NPC is incompatible until then if you use the black book on them.

Yeah, that's what I've been getting. I started in DC. Is there someway to get that up and working then from a DC start or is a NV start mandatory? Maybe a way to refresh the NPCs if that's what needs to be done?

EDIT: Just tested on a New Vegas start. Still getting the NPC is incompatible with several minor NPCs in Goodsprings..

I'd suggest traveling to NV and then back to DC to see if that works.  Might involve a little cheating on your part (tgm, add caps for ticket, get to NV unscathed).  TTW doesn't like changing maps between DC and NV (or at least not initially) if I don't go between the wastelands in a legit way (i.e., if I do a coc to warp to the cell that I want to go to).  The train ride should take you straight into the "wake up at Doc Mitchell's house" pseudo-beginning.

Alright. So I've run through Fo3, cheating to force my way through the train station and get to NV. I've went through Doc Mitchel (who was fairly bugged probably from inappropriate TTW install because the doc never gives me my pipboy and it crashes 75% of the time when I try to leave) and exited into Goodspirngs. Nothing. The blackbook is incompatible with the NPCs there as well. I'm gonna do some more investigations, see if another mod is causing the issue because that is completely possible. In fact, I'll attach my load order just in case you see something I do not... Is there a console command to print out a debug report perhaps? I know there was one for Skyrim...

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
NVEC Complete + NVCE.esm
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Sexout.esm
SexoutCommonResources.esm
SexoutSlavery.esm
SexoutStore.esm
oHUD.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
AWorldOfPainFO3_TTW_2.2a.esm
TTWInteriors_Core.esm
TTWInteriorsProject_Combo.esm
Project Beauty.esm
SexoutDrugging.esm
SexoutSoliciting.esm
NevadaSkies.esm
TTW_StashPackOptions.esp
TTW_XPReduction.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
Boacombat2glove.esp
boa ncrpahelmet.esp
AWOPDeadMoney.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Ultimate Edition.esp
ILO - A World of Pain.esp
TTW - Realistic Interior Lighting.esp
TTW - Realistic Interior Lighting - PL.esp
TTW - Realistic Interior Lighting - BS.esp
TTW - Realistic Interior Lighting - OA.esp
rilttwinteriorpatch.esp
NevadaSkies - TTW Edition.esp
TTW_SpeechChecks.esp
TTW_AnchorageCustomization.esp
ttwweaponmods_0.esp
TTW-PETES-ARMORY.esp
A Trail of Crumbs.esp
oven_cooking.esp
TTW - NVEC Complete + NVCE Patch.esp
AWOPDeadMoneyVendorPatch.esp
TTWAWOP4DC.esp
Harshest Start.esp
SexoutSCRDebug.esp
SexoutZAZ.esp
SexoutTTWEncounters.esp
SexoutDogSexTTW.esp
FalloutTTWquestoverhaul.esp
SmallerTalk.esp
SexoutSex.esp
SexoutDRT.esp
SexoutDRL.esp
Sexout-Wear-And-Tear.esp
SexoutPositioning.esp
SexoutClothingEval.esp
SexoutSexAssault.esp
Omegared99 - Enb Transparency Fix.esp
Centered 3rd Person Camera.esp
Ultimate Invisible Wall Remover.esp

I know this is something on my end. It has to be! Just what is it, however, is the problem. Thanks a lot for the help and ideas earlier, btw!

Alright. So I've run through Fo3, cheating to force my way through the train station and get to NV. I've went through Doc Mitchel (who was fairly bugged probably from inappropriate TTW install because the doc never gives me my pipboy and it crashes 75% of the time when I try to leave) and exited into Goodspirngs. Nothing. The blackbook is incompatible with the NPCs there as well. I'm gonna do some more investigations, see if another mod is causing the issue because that is completely possible. In fact, I'll attach my load order just in case you see something I do not... Is there a console command to print out a debug report perhaps? I know there was one for Skyrim...

I know this is something on my end. It has to be! Just what is it, however, is the problem. Thanks a lot for the help and ideas earlier, btw!

Don't put yourself out too much.  You may want to save yourself the bother and wait a few days.  There are massive changes in the works.  An alpha copy is on the way.  It should take me a few days.

@T!:  Alpha!  :o  Egads, man!  Alpha!  That's serious.  That's not just some three-letter acronym.

@shegontal:  Nothing jumps out at me in you load order.  Double check the FAQ @ TTW for things that are compatible and search the forum to see if anyone's made a patch for something you're using that isn't.  I can try a new game this afternoon and see what happens.  FWIW:  The stash packs don't have to go between NV and FO3 in the load order anymore, although I can't imagine that TTW would be shitting itself over that.

There is a pick which wasteland you start in mod...TTW Startup Menu.esp (name of the file, anyway).  That gives you the choice where to begin, and that's how I've been starting in NV with DRL working.

EDIT:  Also, tell me that you're using FOMM and not NMM.

Archived