[WIP] Skykids - Child races & other technical goodies - No more armor patcher! New CotS R2 Race!(6/22/15)

I recently installed several armour mods, but when I entered the smithing menu I had a lot of missing models. I have used Skykids for a while and not had any issues. All the missing models start with 'Kids:' and end with either 'FX117' or 'x117'. I have some like this which work fine, but there are too many missing to list. I've tried to google one or two of the missing, such as 'archers cape' but found absolutely nothing. I was  modding while tired.....not sensible I know, and I could've easily downloaded mods for a different replacer entirely, though the Kids: bit makes me think not.

Any help welcome! Thanks.

Uh, so I created this account just for this mod. It's fantastic. I haven't ever commented before, as I don't like doing so without contributing something. But I just wanted to let people know that I made a Babette replacer that is in line with the style of the default NPC replacer. I'm sorry if this has been done, but I couldn't find one so I made one.

It's located at nexusmods .com /skyrim/mods/69510/?

Hope I'm able to enhance someone's game with this. I am new to modding, so please, if you decide to use it, let me know if I did something wrong. :)

Is anyone else having an issue with the male children all having messed up heads, completely different from their body texture?  I removed the alternate male body plugin and started a new save and still the same issue.  I made sure everything was properly installed as well.  This goes for both children replacers (here and the alternate one), so I am at a loss.  Nothing unusual in TES5Edit either.

When in third-person mode, I seem to have a problem with the crosshair. It's not centered on the object I'm pointing at. To pick up an object on a shelf or table, I have to aim the camera and the crosshair above the object. I don't get this problem in first-person mode, and it only happens with the child races.

The obvious cause of this is that the child races have a scale of 0.8.  If I type player.setscale 1.25, I become the same height as an adult, and the crosshair is fixed.

Anyone know of a fix or workaround for this, other than playing in first-person mode, which basically defeats the point of having character customization in the first place?

so I was having a problem with neck seams on all my female npc's so I did the facegen export, that worked for everyone except for the Hearthfire kids, so I edited the tint masks manually, but then I realised that the mouths of the kids wouldn't move! I don't know what could be causing this all I know is that this fixed my neck seams but now they won't lip sync at all, I've checked if somehow if they were set to simple and they weren't, any help?

I'm looking to add sky kids to leveled lists, perhaps bandit camps. Is this possible, and if so can anyone point me to a tutorial or guide to accomplish this?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58016/?

Exactly, thank you! I ended up downloading Bandit Children from nexus and loading it into the ck with sky kids, then changing the races of his children to sky kids. I haven't actually seen any in game yet...so I'm not certain it worked. Thanks again.  

• 2 weeks later...

When I installed the new version, it asked whether I wanted to install the default male body or the alternate male body. I chose alternate because that was what I was using in the previous version of SkyKids. However, upon doing so, the system warned me that it would make my game unstable. Does the alternate male body increase the chance of crashes and bugs? Or does the system just say that because the alternate male body has less technical support on the forums?

• 2 weeks later...

My game Crash with the B5 files on launch, starts and loads fine without skykids. Masterlist, Loot, Wyrebash dont show any errors, papyrus log dont show any hints on skykids but yet, it still crashes when i have the new Version Installed, old version worked fine.

@Hanshin

Is the CTD happening at the Beth logo? If so that means you have a missing master or the master is below the one needing it above it. Run TES5EDIT from the nexus if it hits a error in your load order it will stop and tell you why in the bottom right hand area read it fix it and repeat starting it till it loads all the way up without hitting a error then try your game again.

@tungngu112

Are you sure Skykids is the cause of the freeze? I would suggest that you make a thread in the skyrim tech support area and make sure to also post your load order in a spoiler so people will know what you have installed into your game.

I'm sure myuhinny when i uninstall sky kid my game back to normal no freze when go inside the city. And only when i go inside the city the game got freze i try about 10 time to get inside the city and finaly i can go in but when i go inside the house and go out the game freze again =_=