[WIP] Skykids - Child races & other technical goodies - No more armor patcher! New CotS R2 Race!(6/22/15)

Great mod first off.

Having issues changing the hair on my character though. For the BretonChild, NordChild, etc, I only have vanilla hair. For Monli and Drow, only 1 default hair. I installed the required mods in the OP, but nothing has changed.

Perhaps you should run loot on it?

Anyone know if there is a way to run this for the Races, but have RS Children for the replacer?  The skykids replacer isn't very appealing to look at, especially when I have every other npc looking awesome.

Just choose not to install the NPC replacer when you run the SK installer. Install SK after installing RS just to be on the safe side.

It's my custom skykids version of this mod on http://m.blog.naver.com/sidearmf93/220017074310

(by, if I'm not mistaken, Nerune2525 who also made this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62384/?)

It's called Donyaakin and If you google translate the first page, you'll notice that his mod replaces the girls only of skyrim and it has a bunch of requirements like SG hair, SG brows and true eyes. They also had the adult body and clothes.

But then I downloaded it, turned it into completely standalone and added skykids bodies and clothes, textures.

Will this work with armor swapper?

since i'm using custom body uunp with lot's of armors

i kind of would need it to work with swapper

Would be very much appreciated

if it was patched to work with it

it seemed to not work with it when i tested it

• 3 weeks later...

So, I am using Zazemel's original Drow Race mod, unsurprisingly your's conflicts with it. My question is, can I straight up replace Zazemel's race with your's without loosing character data? OR Could I have both on at the same time somehow?

So it turns out the CTD I was experiencing was from Tavern Games ... for some reason. Turns out both mods play nicely together, although don't select one Drow Child race after having selected the other in char creation, it will CTD you.

en_Hawk, please forgive this post.  I tried to follow the instructions, I really did.  I haven't played Skyrim in a few years now, and wanted to get back into it.  It's taken me some time, but I've finally upgraded MO and all of my Nexus related mods.  The only thing left to fix is Skykids and I'm only being forced to do it because my new kid is running around naked because the armor swapper thingy is now broken.  So I'm carefully reading your instructions and it says to do a clean install.  By that, does it mean I should go into MO and use 'remove mod' on Skykids base and the other folders in the new base download?  Is that sufficient?  I'd imagine I then have to delete the original folders themselves?

You say to delete "The entire directory at "Data\Meshes\skykids-armorswap\", but I can't find that.  Is that the [Core] Armorpack folder?

How about SK Child Armor Swapper.esp?  I can see it listed on the right side of MO, but I don't know how to delete it.

I found the Skyproc patcher folder under the SK base folder, but that makes me wonder if I should be deleting the base folder as I'd intended, because that would be deleted automatically if I did, but you mention it specifically, so I'm confused.  Finally, the bit about hair.  You're not suggesting I delete apachii hair are you, but rather just the Cosmetic Mod Compatibility folder, right?

I have the alternate male body from B3 and before.  Can I keep that?  I ask because I was just looking at it and I noticed that under meshes there's a skykids-armorswap folder.  Maybe if I just delete that and leave the rest?

Last but not least - in installing the new version, please remind me cause it's been forever.  The archive is currently on my desktop.  Should I put it all in downloads under it's own folder?  I didn't remember if MO will open a 7z if I just stick it in there as is.

Don't feel bad, I can't get this to install at all.  NMM throws an error when trying to install, even though I've never had a previous version of skykids on this computer. 

Skykids // A problem occurred during install:
Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\VirtualInstall\Skykids\SkyProc Patchers\SKArmorPatcher\SKArmorPatcher.jar'.
The mod was not installed. // Install //

I thought maybe this would have been addressed so I tried re-downloading skykids today, however it still throws the same error it did months ago when I last tried.  There's nothing in the FAQ even remotely looking like this, so I'm lost as to what to do.

Some people don't like NMM, however I can't stand MO.  However according to the mod's instructions, it's a valid option.

Run this installer through either NMM or MO(no BAIN support for wrye yet, so wrye users need to follow the manual instructions), and it should handle everything automatically.

8/24/14 - NMM/MO installer is now available(I'm technically calling this 'beta 4'), though you really shouldn't be using NMM as its terrible. Manual install instructions have been rewritten to reflect the single file we have now. CGE support file has been removed, as support is now automatic and comes bundled with race menu. The only actual update to the mod is that spyder's altered male textures are now included by default, so there's no changelog. I've also added a link to spyder's alternate NPC replacer addon.

And I don't want to do a manual install as it's a good way to screw up one's entire skyrim install if you decide you don't want it anymore and end up deleting some of the wrong stuff by accident.

edit: I just saw the date of the quote: 8/24/14.... yeah, back then NMM was pretty bad.  It's a lot more stable now, and very user friendly, with the ability to have multiple profiles similar to MO as well.

en_Hawk, please forgive this post.  I tried to follow the instructions, I really did.  I haven't played Skyrim in a few years now, and wanted to get back into it.  It's taken me some time, but I've finally upgraded MO and all of my Nexus related mods.  The only thing left to fix is Skykids and I'm only being forced to do it because my new kid is running around naked because the armor swapper thingy is now broken.  So I'm carefully reading your instructions and it says to do a clean install.  By that, does it mean I should go into MO and use 'remove mod' on Skykids base and the other folders in the new base download?  Is that sufficient?  I'd imagine I then have to delete the original folders themselves?

You say to delete "The entire directory at "Data\Meshes\skykids-armorswap\", but I can't find that.  Is that the [Core] Armorpack folder?

How about SK Child Armor Swapper.esp?  I can see it listed on the right side of MO, but I don't know how to delete it.

I found the Skyproc patcher folder under the SK base folder, but that makes me wonder if I should be deleting the base folder as I'd intended, because that would be deleted automatically if I did, but you mention it specifically, so I'm confused.  Finally, the bit about hair.  You're not suggesting I delete apachii hair are you, but rather just the Cosmetic Mod Compatibility folder, right?

I have the alternate male body from B3 and before.  Can I keep that?  I ask because I was just looking at it and I noticed that under meshes there's a skykids-armorswap folder.  Maybe if I just delete that and leave the rest?

Last but not least - in installing the new version, please remind me cause it's been forever.  The archive is currently on my desktop.  Should I put it all in downloads under it's own folder?  I didn't remember if MO will open a 7z if I just stick it in there as is.

Delete the armor swapper.esp from wherever MO has placed it. Remove all pieces of Skykids that you have installed including the armor pack.

Then add the installer from Here

Don't feel bad, I can't get this to install at all.  NMM throws an error when trying to install, even though I've never had a previous version of skykids on this computer. 

Skykids // A problem occurred during install:

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\VirtualInstall\Skykids\SkyProc Patchers\SKArmorPatcher\SKArmorPatcher.jar'.

The mod was not installed. // Install //

I thought maybe this would have been addressed so I tried re-downloading skykids today, however it still throws the same error it did months ago when I last tried.  There's nothing in the FAQ even remotely looking like this, so I'm lost as to what to do.

It sounds like you have an older version of Skykids, make certain that you are also using the version that I linked up above.

Also make certain that you remove any older version of Skykids first.

I've followed the directions and installed everything correctly.  I think.  Only question that remains for me is that when I look over at the right side window in MO, I still see listed SK Child Armor Swapper.esp.  I have it unchecked, but I get the feeling it's not supposed to be there at all, is it?  I've looked through all my mods and can't see where it might be hiding.  Any advice?

It sounds like you have an older version of Skykids, make certain that you are also using the version that I linked up above.

Also make certain that you remove any older version of Skykids first.

Thanks for taking the time to try to help me.

Hmm... well, I downloaded the one from the link on the first post, since there is no download page for this mod.  I assumed the mega link was being maintained with whatever is the latest version, but I've assumed wrong before.  And until I just tried installing this today, I had no previous version.  I had actually completely wiped my skyrim directory and re-installed everything about a month ago, and skykids wasn't part of that load.  I had no child mods at all on my system, actually.  But I was getting tired of the vanilla fugly kids walking around, so I thought I'd give this a shot :blush:

Reading back a few pages, I see that other users have uploaded various versions of the mod, but I'm guessing they're not the whole mod since LL would probably throw a fit if everyone was posting that much data.  If you could point me to a working version, I'd find that very appreciable.

Edit: I just checked, and the file you linked in that post is the same I downloaded, so I guess it was the right one after all.

Anyone know if there is a way to run this for the Races, but have RS Children for the replacer?  The skykids replacer isn't very appealing to look at, especially when I have every other npc looking awesome.

Just use RS Children as the NPC replacer and don't use the one provided by SkyKids and it should work "fine".

So you can use the armour and clothes from Sky and use them on Rs?

Only by not using the esp?

Just use RS Children as the NPC replacer and don't use the one provided by SkyKids and it should work "fine".

So you can use the armour and clothes from Sky and use them on Rs?

Only by not using the esp?

No, use the RS Children plugin for vanilla children replacers, you cannot use SkyKids clothing with RS Children - their body types are completely incompatible in every conceivable way...

They YOU can use the SkyKids races for YOUR character, and still have the "RS Children" for vanilla child NPC replacers. They will use w.e. RS Children has set up for armors and clothing (if anything), NOT the SkyKids system, but this is the ONLY way you can use both for what you seem to want... >_<

One thing I noticed when trying to install it with NMM is that the installer menu never came up when it errored out.  So I decided I'd take a look at the installer xml.  Based on things I read here, I decided I wouldn't use the skykids as the NPC replacer, so I took that whole section out of the xml, I also have no interest in drow so I took that out as well.  When I saved and zipped the resulting file, it was able to install perfectly fine.  So the error was coming from either the npc replacer/drow, or the xml itself had an error in that area.

Just in case anyone else runs into this problem.

• 1 month later...

Will an immersive armors patch ever be added to this mod?

EDIT: Also most racemenu options don't seem to be working for me for some reason.

Best we can do...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g7unuknvkuagecn/sk-immersive_armor1.1.7z

A lot of the Racemenu options are more set up for the adult body. The important ones should work though.

Oh wow, thanks! And about Racemenu, lip color and ear shape aren't working for some reason, along with a few other color sliders. I dunno why. I'm using alt male body if it helps.