[WIP] Skykids - Child races & other technical goodies - No more armor patcher! New CotS R2 Race!(6/22/15)

The question is, when will that 'in a few days' happen? I remember that being said about a month ago already. I have the 'patchwork it together yourself' Beta right now, it all works fine - but I'd like to do a proper reinstall once in a while, bringing my mods to 'stable' versions that aren't a total 'assemble them yourself.

The question is, when will that 'in a few days' happen? I remember that being said about a month ago already. I have the 'patchwork it together yourself' Beta right now, it all works fine - but I'd like to do a proper reinstall once in a while, bringing my mods to 'stable' versions that aren't a total 'assemble them yourself.

I've finally got all files I need for the release(was waiting on a few other people to send me things), and I'm almost done finishing the new installer as well. After that I just need to update the OP and it should be good to go.

So, in a few days; my entire life isn't devoted to modding.

Is there anyone experienced with modding with this mod and a couple of others? Let me lay down why i am asking:

Completely new to modding with skyrim

Want to try this mod with a couple of others and if someone has the experience and the time to answer my questions it would be much appreciated

Stop being so entitled and wait guys. Modders lives don't orbit around your desire to have their content! You think we mod for you? FALSE - we mod for ourselves, and share with you because we *can* and *like to*, but because we, in any way, *have to*.

Demand things of modders simply makes them want to stop sharing their work, so please think about what you're saying and stop acting all entitled...

hello , could someone please help me out? i have been spending two-three days trying to make skykids work

i keep getting CTD (only had CTD after installing skykids and would really like for it to work since RCOTS only makes ugly kids....) after trying to play after installing skykids, i don't quite know why, maybe it was because of some incompatibility with some other mod or somesuch, but i am quite sure i did 90% of what it said on OP

when mod organizer runs LOOT it keeps telling me that one or the other mod has ITM and UDR records or whatever left and i should clean with TES5Edit

when i try running TES5Edit i get an error since skykids.esm is missing from load order (it doesn't appear in skyrim launcher data files' load order or NMM, only in mod organizer)

please let me know if i can provide any information for anyone who would be willing to help

=--Debug Overview--=.txttrace.log

any bit of help is very much appreciated and thank you in advance to anyone willing to helpers

hello , could someone please help me out? i have been spending two-three days trying to make skykids work

i keep getting CTD (only had CTD after installing skykids and would really like for it to work since RCOTS only makes ugly kids....) after trying to play after installing skykids, i don't quite know why, maybe it was because of some incompatibility with some other mod or somesuch, but i am quite sure i did 90% of what it said on OP

when mod organizer runs LOOT it keeps telling me that one or the other mod has ITM and UDR records or whatever left and i should clean with TES5Edit

when i try running TES5Edit i get an error since skykids.esm is missing from load order (it doesn't appear in skyrim launcher data files' load order or NMM, only in mod organizer)

please let me know if i can provide any information for anyone who would be willing to help

attachicon.gif=--Debug Overview--=.txtattachicon.giftrace.log

any bit of help is very much appreciated and thank you in advance to anyone willing to helpers

As they said in few posts above in a few days there will be new version so better wait for that or you will have to reinstall everything again.

Just updated the mod, new SKSE dll based armor patcher which handles armor automatically when you launch the game as well as patching all installed hair mods. I also made an addon out of the old CotS R2 race. There's a full changelog in the OP.

edit: Remember to read the upgrade instructions! I will slap your shit if you post in here and it turns out you missed something in there!

thank you for the mod :D

i tried it and not getting any CTDs anymore or any other trouble

to be honest my only issue is that the children are ugly , especially Lucia who looks like a 30-40year old woman's head on a shrunken body

so is there a mod for making skykids have beatiful children?

thank you for the mod :D

i tried it and not getting any CTDs anymore or any other trouble

to be honest my only issue is that the children are ugly , especially Lucia who looks like a 30-40year old woman's head on a shrunken body

so is there a mod for making skykids have beatiful children?

Try the alternate NPC replacer that's linked in the OP.

Technicly this mod works nice, but those playable races should have at least 3 face presets for each gender and faces that also look better. This seems best kids mod but doesnt have best faces or face presets. Also it would be nice to show pics of all NPCs that were changed.

Technicly this mod works nice, but those playable races should have at least 3 face presets for each gender and faces that also look better. This seems best kids mod but doesnt have best faces or face presets. Also it would be nice to show pics of all NPCs that were changed.

I'm horrible at making face presets, and honestly the stock skyrim facegen assets that we use are shit. That's why I tried to emphasize a shift from 'actual mod' to 'technical framework' with this latest update, as I'm well aware the stock races and faces look bad. It's also why the races are no longer playable by default.

If you have better looking assets or faces you want to contribute, I'm all ears. Otherwise you may wish to look into using one of the included addon races such as CotS or Monli, as they look a fair bit better out of the box.

You can also just import any head mesh you want using RaceMenu. Some good example can be found inside the following mods:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63365/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65155/?

I decided to try the new beta version. Everything appears to work but for some reason when I install the alternate male body and the three child NPC replacers I get catastrophic head / body tint mismatch on some of the children. If I use the default male body the problem goes away. Any idea what I might have done to cause that?

I decided to try the new beta version. Everything appears to work but for some reason when I install the alternate male body and the three child NPC replacers I get catastrophic head / body tint mismatch on some of the children. If I use the default male body the problem goes away. Any idea what I might have done to cause that?

Alt-male NEEDS the plugin included with it in order to work correctly. Depending on whether or not you choose to also install the "playable races" plugin, you will have one of a few plugins installed. You either want the alt male one, or the one that combines alt male and playable races if that's the combo you chose.

I did have the plugin installed. First I tried the playable races alt-male esp. Then I tried the non-playable races alt-male esp. Same result either way. if I switch to the default male body esp the problem vanishes. I noticed the mismatch was particularly bad on Samuel from Riften. For some reason his face turned dark grey. I'll test it more later. Perhaps I have some leftover loose files somewhere.

I did have the plugin installed. First I tried the playable races alt-male esp. Then I tried the non-playable races alt-male esp. Same result either way. if I switch to the default male body esp the problem vanishes. I noticed the mismatch was particularly bad on Samuel from Riften. For some reason his face turned dark grey. I'll test it more later. Perhaps I have some leftover loose files somewhere.

Huh? There IS no "default male body .esp" - the only reason the alt male body needs an .esp at all is because it uses CBBE UVW texture mapping - what are you talking about...?

If you have creation kit, you can fix the texture mismatch fairly easily.

Load the 3 plugins along with the alt-male plugin, select all of the boys and hit command-shift-F4.

It will re-export the facegen and they will look fine in the game again.

For SkyKids this will work (probably), but as a general rule this will ONLY work when ONLY vanilla facegen assets are used on a race. Any race that uses custom face assets or .tri files this method will probably break. Just wanted to put that out there...

Huh? There IS no "default male body .esp" - the only reason the alt male body needs an .esp at all is because it uses CBBE UVW texture mapping - what are you talking about...?

I tested this more extensively. There may be an issue with "SK Alt Male Body.esp" and "SK Playable Kids Alt Male Body.esp". When I use "SK Playable Kids.esp"  (default male body, playable) the face / body textures match. When I use either "SK Alt Male Body.esp" or "SK Playable Kids Alt Male Body.esp", the face tint changes. I've attached screenshots and load orders so you can see what's present. I only had one of these plugins enabled at a time.

post-95624-0-67971100-1435429505_thumb.jpg

post-95624-0-70337400-1435429529_thumb.jpg

loadorder.txt

modlist.txt