[WIP] Skykids - Child races & other technical goodies - No more armor patcher! New CotS R2 Race!(6/22/15)

Okay, so for the longest time I could not get this working properly.

I have clean-installed this thing, I have played with files, I have clean-installed again.  As far as I can see, I've followed the instructions to a T, but I still get this issue...

The body texture does this .... weird thing under certain lighting.  But it gets better!  Using the magic of TFC, I zoomed in, and found this...

...and this...

...which to me looks like the actual body is hidden under a layer of something else.  Can anybody tell me what this issue is?  Am I missing a step from the directions somewhere, or can somebody point me to the thing that's so obvious that it could punch me in the face?

Edit: Right, so inexplicably, I loaded up an earlier save of the same character that didn't have this issue.  Played around with her briefly, moved from one cell to another, then on a whim, reloaded my current save.  Lo and behold, this issue has cleared up and my kid looks like a relatively normal (albeit heavily-armed and lightning-channelling...) kid.  I'd still like to figure out what exactly the problem was, though.

I am getting ctd after logo due to the skse plugin for armor swapper, anyone encountered the problem before?

CTD after logo usually is an indicator of a missing master file.  Make sure you have the required mods/DLC for this:

Required content:

Skyrim v1.9.32.0

Dawnguard

Required mods:

SKSE v1.7.2 (or newer)

Racial Compatibility for Skyrim and Dawnguard (use of this specific version of RC is required(v1.80 or later); this version contains specific extra functionality for custom races that is required for Skykids)

More Follower Voices Mod (only required for follower addons, however still strongly recommended)

Also make sure you have the main mods for any of the Skykids patches used.

Okay, so for the longest time I could not get this working properly.

I have clean-installed this thing, I have played with files, I have clean-installed again.  As far as I can see, I've followed the instructions to a T, but I still get this issue...

The body texture does this .... weird thing under certain lighting.  But it gets better!  Using the magic of TFC, I zoomed in, and found this...

...and this...

...which to me looks like the actual body is hidden under a layer of something else.  Can anybody tell me what this issue is?  Am I missing a step from the directions somewhere, or can somebody point me to the thing that's so obvious that it could punch me in the face?

Edit: Right, so inexplicably, I loaded up an earlier save of the same character that didn't have this issue.  Played around with her briefly, moved from one cell to another, then on a whim, reloaded my current save.  Lo and behold, this issue has cleared up and my kid looks like a relatively normal (albeit heavily-armed and lightning-channelling...) kid.  I'd still like to figure out what exactly the problem was, though.

Suddenly having this problem too, everything below the face is black unless you get real close, then it becomes a blocky-like thing.

• 4 weeks later...

I like Skykids and it has a lot of awesome features. As a modder, though, it is very frustrating that I don't have access to the KS Hairdos or Eyes of Beauty in CK. I can customize the child in RaceMenu to my heart's content, but in CK I am stuck with about five options for hair and eyes. Is there going to be a fix for this? I don't even actually know how or why it is this way.

(The fixes like NifMerge and importing the NPC file are dandy for creating one character, not for creating a dozen)

I like Skykids and it has a lot of awesome features. As a modder, though, it is very frustrating that I don't have access to the KS Hairdos or Eyes of Beauty in CK. I can customize the child in RaceMenu to my heart's content, but in CK I am stuck with about five options for hair and eyes. Is there going to be a fix for this? I don't even actually know how or why it is this way.

(The fixes like NifMerge and importing the NPC file are dandy for creating one character, not for creating a dozen)

For Eyes of Beauty, you need to enable the SK version .esm that is included in the installer.

A hair patch can also be created by following the instructions in the OP.  It only needs to be activated why patching a mod.

Eyes of Beauty master for skykids is enabled. So, okay, at least I know then that it should work but just doesn't. Woe is me.

I'll look into making my own hair patch, but I really think it should be part of the mod

It is part of the mod, but it is a SKSE plugin that works when the game is actually running.

The CK does not use any of the SKSE plugins.

hello mates , i need help... i install this , all work good except vanilla childrens, they no have clothes  :-/

Do you have the most recent version of SKSE installed?

It needs to be 1.7.3.

http://skse.silverlock.org/

of course... i try reinstall , but children no have clothes (shoes only). I also change the loading order, but without success... the problem seems to be resolved when I create a new game, but in my current game still does not work

it appear the dll is incompatible with no reason. 
it show this "SK_Armor_SKSE.dll (00000001  00000005) reported as incompatible during query"

is there any soluation?

OK I found it, this mod can not be localized, the skse plugin itself will test md5 of the mod.

if localized, the plugin test will failed. causing the skse plugin load failed.

I've got an odd problem, or maybe it's a bug in the replacer. I dunno. I had a massive list of mods, but I just turned off everything except for the mods needed to run this: Even after just disabling everything but things needed to run SkyKids, clothes (not armors) are still full-boobied.

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
+UIExtensions
+SkyUI
+Skykids
+RaceMenu
+RaceCompatibility with fixes
+Oblivion Hair Pack Fixed now with NPCEditor Support
+ApachiiSkyHair
*Unmanaged: Dawnguard
*Unmanaged: Dragonborn
*Unmanaged: HearthFires
*Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack01
*Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack02
*Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack03

This is the entire mod list, and it still goes wrong trying to get proper clothing.

SKSE runtime: initialize (version = 1.7.3 09200000 01D1CFE06017A703, os = 6.1 (7601))
imagebase = 00400000
runtime root = C:\Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\
config path = C:\Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\skse.ini
plugin directory = C:\Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\
checking plugin C:\Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\SK_Armor_SKSE.dll
plugin C:\Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\SK_Armor_SKSE.dll (00000001  00000005) loaded correctly
checking plugin C:\Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\chargen.dll
registering plugin listener for SKSE at 2 of 3
plugin C:\Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\chargen.dll (00000001 chargen 00000006) loaded correctly
checking plugin C:\Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\nioverride.dll
registering plugin listener for SKSE at 3 of 4
registering plugin listener for (null) at 3 of 4
plugin C:\Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\nioverride.dll (00000001 nioverride 00000006) loaded correctly
dispatch message (0) to plugin listeners
sending message type 0 to plugin 2
dispatch message (-1640531527) to plugin listeners
sending message type 0 to plugin 3
dispatched message.
dispatch message (1) to plugin listeners
sending message type 1 to plugin 2
sending message type 1 to plugin 3
dispatched message.
init complete

SKSE log init. Armor replacer is properly detected.

How things look on a Nord Child:
Ancient Nord Armor
Fur armor
Archmage Robes
Robes of *

As you can see, the non-armor clothes are adult versions :/ The armor ones are okay though. What gives?

Edit - Hue, reading is an art.

So, if this is correct: Complete set of child resized vanilla+dlc armor and limited selection of clothes for girls(no weight slider support on these yet)

Does this just mean I'm kinda screwed for my vanilla child playthrough? Also, what's the idea behind Taldryn the Drow if she wears Archmage robes if the robes aren't converted [yet]?

Pairing this with HDT + HDT clothes makes kids wearing normal clothes rather uncomfortable.

hello.  Tes5edit is complaining about errors in all of the _skchild-childRACE entries where the VTCK is null.  I really wish Tes5edit would at least keep the old number/lable so I at least had a hint.

I've been going through the voices and making them the same as ChildXXXRace so they were at least consistant. But if they should point elsewhere please let me know.  Skykids.esm has no hints like a missing master to clue me in where these voices should come from.  The only other option I see is malechild/femalechild

hello.  Tes5edit is complaining about errors in all of the _skchild-childRACE entries where the VTCK is null.  I really wish Tes5edit would at least keep the old number/lable so I at least had a hint.

I've been going through the voices and making them the same as ChildXXXRace so they were at least consistant. But if they should point elsewhere please let me know.  Skykids.esm has no hints like a missing master to clue me in where these voices should come from.  The only other option I see is malechild/femalechild

If you are changing them under Races, that is actually a bad idea.

Voices should only be changed under each individual NPC.

So, I made the hair patch, as per the excellent and thorough instructions. Went into CK, hair was now available. Awesome. Left CK, turned patch esp off and was impressed that also worked according to spec, the mod did not insist it was missing a master. All looking awesome.

Hair reverts to default in game.

I used KS Hairdos to create the patch and KS Hairdos is definitely installed as a mod, so from what I can tell, it should know it needs a hair resource from KS hairdos, go and grab it and all is well. But that's not happening.

Thoughts?

So, I made the hair patch, as per the excellent and thorough instructions. Went into CK, hair was now available. Awesome. Left CK, turned patch esp off and was impressed that also worked according to spec, the mod did not insist it was missing a master. All looking awesome.

Hair reverts to default in game.

I used KS Hairdos to create the patch and KS Hairdos is definitely installed as a mod, so from what I can tell, it should know it needs a hair resource from KS hairdos, go and grab it and all is well. But that's not happening.

Thoughts?

That would be the CK removing masters that do not have the master flag. Use either Tes5Edit or Wrye Bash to add KS Hairdos as a master to your mod.