[WIP] Skykids - Child races & other technical goodies - No more armor patcher! New CotS R2 Race!(6/22/15)

So, I made the hair patch, as per the excellent and thorough instructions. Went into CK, hair was now available. Awesome. Left CK, turned patch esp off and was impressed that also worked according to spec, the mod did not insist it was missing a master. All looking awesome.

Hair reverts to default in game.

I used KS Hairdos to create the patch and KS Hairdos is definitely installed as a mod, so from what I can tell, it should know it needs a hair resource from KS hairdos, go and grab it and all is well. But that's not happening.

Thoughts?

That would be the CK removing masters that do not have the master flag. Use either Tes5Edit or Wrye Bash to add KS Hairdos as a master to your mod.

KS Hairdos was already attached as a Master.

ETA: I think the issue was that KS Hairdos is itself sort of a patch. I went back to the source, ran the script on Apachii hair and all seems well now. Thank you for your assistance

hello.  Tes5edit is complaining about errors in all of the _skchild-childRACE entries where the VTCK is null.  I really wish Tes5edit would at least keep the old number/lable so I at least had a hint.

I've been going through the voices and making them the same as ChildXXXRace so they were at least consistant. But if they should point elsewhere please let me know.  Skykids.esm has no hints like a missing master to clue me in where these voices should come from.  The only other option I see is malechild/femalechild

If you are changing them under Races, that is actually a bad idea.

Voices should only be changed under each individual NPC.

Looks like it.  I ended up having to revert everything because the armor swapper and hair mods wouldn't work anymore.  I don't see how changing the voice caused that problem, but that was literally the only change I made.

I cannot get the child as face of skykid. It still using the origin face. what problem occur ?

I do not want to using the dolls to beautify the child. it will break some of the feature of skykid

the image is from one of the child, sofia. I still do not know where is the problem of the skykid.

http://i.imgur.com/laD9cXf.png

laD9cXf.png

Sorry but your image won't load, try uploading it again.

Verify your install order with MO.  Check for conflicts.  One problem i've found with kid mods is some mods replace the textures and create a big face bug.  An example of this is the enb particle patch.  If it overwrites any child face textures, you get big face.  Chance the conflicted textures to mohidden.

@delgathar

They don't have to reupload the screenshot you need to get the work around for firefox/chrome that prevents imgur from blocking any pictures from imgur that are linked to LL. If you don't get the work around any imgur picture that is linked on LL will never load for you ever.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/56018-workaround-for-imgur-images-not-loading-chrome-firefox/

Also they have the link for the picture linked right above their screenshot.

I think I has check the conflict, it seems it just override by skykid.

I has checked by loading all mod into TES5Edit 

I cannot get the child as face of skykid. It still using the origin face. what problem occur ?

I do not want to using the dolls to beautify the child. it will break some of the feature of skykid

the image is from one of the child, sofia. I still do not know where is the problem of the skykid.

http://i.imgur.com/laD9cXf.png

laD9cXf.png

Sorry but your image won't load, try uploading it again.

Verify your install order with MO.  Check for conflicts.  One problem i've found with kid mods is some mods replace the textures and create a big face bug.  An example of this is the enb particle patch.  If it overwrites any child face textures, you get big face.  Chance the conflicted textures to mohidden.

@delgathar

They don't have to reupload the screenshot you need to get the work around for firefox/chrome that prevents imgur from blocking any pictures from imgur that are linked to LL. If you don't get the work around any imgur picture that is linked on LL will never load for you ever.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/56018-workaround-for-imgur-images-not-loading-chrome-firefox/

Also they have the link for the picture linked right above their screenshot.

Thank you.  yes, i clicked their link and it said picture could not be displayed due to errors.

I installed the workaround and it still didn't work.  Then I came back and it suddenly works.  Thank you for telling me about the workaround.

I think I has check the conflict, it seems it just override by skykid.

I has checked by loading all mod into TES5Edit 

Ok, in Tes5edit look under Non player Characters/Sophie

Something has to be overwriting the skykids because that isn't just the face that looks wrong.

main download, actually just the stuff from the first page. same for skykids. Also my Skyrim is uber stable didn't had one crash since my new PC and installation, beside the Skykids sk_armor_skse.dll. sadly i dont get a crashdump and on the skse something log it says loaded correctly. so maybe it's an localization problem? win 10 is not in english, game is in english. Only thing i can think of maybe skykids is uncompatible or atleast the armorswapper with specific mods?

i will test this further and deactivate the esm's of different mods to see which one maybe produce the conflict. but i guess none. tried admin and compatibility mode nothing helped :/

Guest luthienanarion

hello.  Tes5edit is complaining about errors in all of the _skchild-childRACE entries where the VTCK is null.  I really wish Tes5edit would at least keep the old number/lable so I at least had a hint.

I've been going through the voices and making them the same as ChildXXXRace so they were at least consistant. But if they should point elsewhere please let me know.  Skykids.esm has no hints like a missing master to clue me in where these voices should come from.  The only other option I see is malechild/femalechild

If you are changing them under Races, that is actually a bad idea.

Voices should only be changed under each individual NPC.

Looks like it.  I ended up having to revert everything because the armor swapper and hair mods wouldn't work anymore.  I don't see how changing the voice caused that problem, but that was literally the only change I made.

Modifying the Skykids ESM is not allowed. The plugin will not load if you have made any changes to it.

I keep getting this error:

c6090e2531.png

And i don't understand why. I got all the requirements, am i missing something?

I auto-quote myself, because after searching a while i found that the problem is SK_Armor_SKSE.dll, it makes Skyrim crash at the startup. Even if you have the last SKSE version, every required mod and everything perfectly looted.

c6090e2531.png

I auto-quote myself, because after searching a while i found that the problem is SK_Armor_SKSE.dll, it makes Skyrim crash at the startup. Even if you have the last SKSE version, every required mod and everything perfectly looted.

Non-english system?

c6090e2531.png

Non-english system?

No, English System, Windows 7. 

Okay, new problem.

I make a mod with say 12 boys. Seven are fine, 5 have gray face. (Yes, obviously, I did the face data export)

So it's a weird, intermittent problem. Using TESEdit, I  make the SK Alt Male Body esp into an esm.

With the esp flagged as an esm, I make it a master of my mod, re-export the FaceGen and all is well. Boys looks fine.

Send it to someone for testing, the gray face problem is back. I have them check and the ESM flag has been turned off. I confirm the version I sent had the ESM tag on. so somewhere in the transfer, the ESM flag got turned off.

1) WHY?

2) If this method to stop the intermittent dark face won't work, then what do I do?

Guest luthienanarion

Fuck you people. I'm done with this plugin, this mod, and this whole damned community. If you can't troubleshoot your own game files, I'm not going to do it for you.

This updated dll gives me crashes even when starting a new game, I get crashes from reading binary data from stationary nif placements like tankards and other clutter, when I started a new game to see if that would fix it, I could loot bodies but when I went to pick up a solitary minor healing potion, crash every time. I even checked for bad nifs in the armor-swap directory. Rolling back to the original solved the problem.