Thorpac Body ALPHA release

Very nice job!!! Keep up the Great Work!! :)

Any faults are strictly with the engine itself (flickering shadows) and the lack of a CS to add bouncing breasts and bottoms. :)

Thank you very much for your awesome comment! I was really nervous about it being too bad. because there are tons of other much better video makers/editors with much more talent than me.:)

Everyone starts somewhere!!!! Starting here among the friendly folks in this forum shows good judgement on your part!! :)

Is this different to the Thorpac body released on page 1 of this thread?

i believe so' date=' the sliders all work now and there are two usable bodies, Hera and 2pac4eva7BiggerBreasts if you wish to use my textures as im sure some people do, 2pac4eva7BB is currently the best supported.

[/quote']

These look great! Nipples seem a little high on both though. But otherwise great work guys!

I also think they're a bit too high. Is there any way to get a natural version?

Is this different to the Thorpac body released on page 1 of this thread?

i believe so' date=' the sliders all work now and there are two usable bodies, Hera and 2pac4eva7BiggerBreasts if you wish to use my textures as im sure some people do, 2pac4eva7BB is currently the best supported.

[/quote']

These look great! Nipples seem a little high on both though. But otherwise great work guys!

are you talking about my bb mesh or the base body?

...btw' date=' the above is the thor body - I didn't check the 2pac version. I did check the feet and hands and they don't have any similar issue, so I'm guessing that the problem actually exists back in your working file and not in the import/export -> .nif process.

[/quote']

I checked the 2pac version and they don't have those degenerate polys, so I'm pretty sure that you'll find them in your source .c4d file.

I also noticed that the 2pac body does not have compatible vertex-ordering (or count, for that matter), so you wouldn't (for example) be able to use the base/thor body as body_0 and the 2pac body as body_1 and morph between them with the slider (I know you guys didn't claim that you could, but someone else asked this question somewhere and would be a 'useful' thing to do with alternate body shapes/styles).

Cheers.

...btw' date=' the above is the thor body - I didn't check the 2pac version. I did check the feet and hands and they don't have any similar issue, so I'm guessing that the problem actually exists back in your working file and not in the import/export -> .nif process.

[/quote']

I checked the 2pac version and they don't have those degenerate polys, so I'm pretty sure that you'll find them in your source .c4d file.

I also noticed that the 2pac body does not have compatible vertex-ordering (or count, for that matter), so you wouldn't (for example) be able to use the base/thor body as body_0 and the 2pac body as body_1 and morph between them with the slider (I know you guys didn't claim that you could, but someone else asked this question somewhere and would be a 'useful' thing to do with alternate body shapes/styles).

Cheers.

are u sure mine doesnt have them? because i saw them when i was making my smaller breast version and didnt fix them. they are actually more pronounced in my mesh i thought. if they arent in my current version, they orignally did have them because i remembered seeing them. it was late at night and i was tired i dont remeber what i did. but i do know that they were there

are you talking about my bb mesh or the base body?

Those on the screenshots (Hera)' date=' The [i']Thorpac body[/i], aswell as the thors morph. Especially that last one (which I installed).

Maybe it's just me but something about the high nipple placement bothers me. :P They even show up on dresses with low cut.

If it was already on your schedule, I apologize.

Great work so far

[/quote']

Cheers.

are u sure mine doesnt have them? because i saw them when i was making my smaller breast version and didnt fix them. they are actually more pronounced in my mesh i thought. if they arent in my current version, they orignally did have them because i remembered seeing them. it was late at night and i was tired i dont remeber what i did. but i do know that they were there

Hmm... I didn't see them using the method I found them in the other mesh, but I'll take another look...

EDIT: ahh.. ok, yeah - your's didn't have the same "invalid structure" problem (more than 2 polygons connected to the same edge), and had one fewer polygons on that side, but all 4 meshes do have 'extra' polygons in that area (on both sides of the neck opening) and thor's meshes also had an 'extra' vertex on the left side (extra, after deleting the offending extra polygons).

...deleting those extra polygons and that extra vertex would make yours and his meshes match in polygon/vertex counts: 13240 polys, 6931 vertices (but the poly/vert ordering would still be different).

EDIT: actually, there are 2 extraneous vertices in all 4 meshes + a 5th one in thor's meshes, so clearing up all of the above should result in 13240 polys, 6929 vertices in all 4 meshes.

...deleting those extra polygons and that extra vertex would make yours and his meshes match in polygon/vertex counts: 13240 polys' date=' 6931 vertices (but the poly/vert ordering would still be different).

EDIT: actually, there are 2 extraneous vertices in all 4 meshes + a 5th one in thor's meshes, so clearing up all of the above should result in 13240 polys, 6929 vertices in all 4 meshes.

[/quote']

Do you have the time to fix the above and send both the meshes to 2pac? Thanks.

I can do that' date=' if you don't mind me also reducing the vert-count around the neck opening to match the head opening to see if they'll weld, while I'm at it.

[/quote']I don't mind that at all, since that's exactly we decided to test out, as mentioned earlier in this post. I also, perhaps wrongly, suspect that foot/arm seams may need to be done as well. Hopefully not, since that would introduce a kink. Thanks.

(but the poly/vert ordering would still be different).

Wait. Wouldn't it be better if you edit my source files' date=' since they are untriangulated and i prefer that?

Also, are you able to reknit the order? If you cannot, then it's better i sort it.

[/quote']

Well, the neck-vert-reduction is best done after HyperNURBS collapse, since it will end up being triangulated in the .nif file, it's easy enough to just weld every-other vert around the neck (creating triangles).

For the vert-order... I have a tool that 'might' work (except that it kinda relies on the uv-mapping, which is not the same between meshes), but I have something else I want to try... in which case, yes - it would be helpful to have your source file for that (can you pm it to me? I don't know if you can attach files in pm).

...I also' date=' perhaps wrongly, suspect that foot/arm seams may need to be done as well. Hopefully not, since that would introduce a kink. Thanks.

[/quote']

...no, your feet/hand meshes are designed to work with your body meshes, so they should be welding correctly already.

For the vert-order... I have a tool that 'might' work (except that it kinda relies on the uv-mapping' date=' which is not the same between meshes), but I have something else I want to try... in which case, yes - it would be helpful to have your source file for that (can you pm it to me? I don't know if you can attach files in pm).

[/quote']

Sent you a download link via PM.

If you can't download, PM me your e-mail.

While you're at it, can you fix a point on the left hand seam. It needs matching up to arm. I think i'm rushing. Need to take it easy, and get rid of this stupid cold, first.

Thanks.

For the vert-order... I have a tool that 'might' work (except that it kinda relies on the uv-mapping' date=' which is not the same between meshes), but I have something else I want to try... in which case, yes - it would be helpful to have your source file for that (can you pm it to me? I don't know if you can attach files in pm).

[/quote']

Sent you a download link via PM.

If you can't download, PM me your e-mail.

While you're at it, can you fix a point on the left hand seam. It needs matching up to arm. I think i'm rushing. Need to take it easy, and get rid of this stupid cold, first.

Thanks.

Yeah, I'll take a look at that. One thing I was going to mention was uv-map seams... it looks like the actual verts are split at any/every uv-map seam, so I'm not sure if the imported mesh needs that done - or if NifSkope is doing that on Import and/or Export.

For example, around the head/neck opening, there are '26' vertices, but since there is a seam running up the back of the head, there are actually 27 vertices (2 identical ones, at the seam), so I'm going to at least split that one vertex to make the counts match and we'll see about the hands/feet later.

Yeah' date=' I'll take a look at that. One thing I was going to mention was uv-map seams... it looks like the actual verts are split at any/every uv-map seam, so I'm not sure if the imported mesh needs that done - or if NifSkope is doing that on Import and/or Export.[/quote']

I asked 2pac exactly that same question, when i extracted a obj file from his imorted nif. ATM, we don't know why.

Yeah' date=' I'll take a look at that. One thing I was going to mention was uv-map seams... it looks like the actual verts are split at any/every uv-map seam, so I'm not sure if the imported mesh needs that done - or if NifSkope is doing that on Import and/or Export.[/quote']

I asked 2pac exactly that same question, when i extracted a obj file from his imorted nif. ATM, we don't know why.

It's actually quite common (in games)... basically, in .obj files (and Cinema 4D), the uv-mapping is more tied to the polygonal structure (there are essentually "uv-polygons"), but at the game-level, the uv-mapping information is more tied directly to each vertex... which means that any vertices that don't share common uv locations end up being duplicated. So, anywhere the uv-mapping is split, the vertices along that seam get duplicated.

I just don't know if NifSkope does that automatically when Importing, or if it's doing it when you Export a .obj from a .nif.

It's actually quite common (in games)... basically, in .obj files (and Cinema 4D), the uv-mapping is more tied to the polygonal structure (there are essentually "uv-polygons"), but at the game-level, the uv-mapping information is more tied directly to each vertex... which means that any vertices that don't share common uv locations end up being duplicated. So, anywhere the uv-mapping is split, the vertices along that seam get duplicated.

I just don't know if NifSkope does that automatically when Importing, or if it's doing it when you Export a .obj from a .nif.

Nifskope does it when u export to obj. The obj exporter has been notorious for things like that. Either that or blender does it on export which I doubt

I'm not 100% either way with the nipples. They look perfect when not wearing any clothing, sexy when you occasionally see a random npc with a low cut top on flashing 'em out there but I don't like to see my character 100% of the time with them showing, kinda like kills the novelty of it. Like I said, I'm either way on the nipple issue atm.