Thorpac Body ALPHA release

I keep saying this so sorry if its bugging anyone but it bothers me that people keep asking for the same thing over and over.

I am writing new textures for all thorpac bodies 'hera' included.

-Beast races and Humanoid races-

this means i will release a full head/hands/body texture pack with corrected shadowmapping around wrists,ankles and neck so the entire body 'appears' as one whole mesh without seams.

watshisface x

I keep saying this so sorry if its bugging anyone but it bothers me that people keep asking for the same thing over and over.

this means i will release a full head/hands/body texture pack with corrected shadowmapping around wrists' date='ankles and neck so the entire body 'appears' as one whole mesh without seams.

watshisface x

[/quote']

Oh cool! Can I make a request to you? Could you incorporate some of the make-up from this mod? http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2812 That'd be so great! And sexy :)

We have enough work to sort our own body out. Please don't bother us with other peoples mods. Don't rush us. You'll end up getting poor mods.

Thanks a lot.

@ watshisface,

Uploaded some new seamless msn maps for you in the modders resource thread. I'll be posting maps for the head, later.

this means i will release a full head/hands/body texture pack with corrected shadowmapping around wrists' date='ankles and neck so the entire body 'appears' as one whole mesh without seams.

watshisface x

[/quote']

Oh cool! Can I make a request to you? Could you incorporate some of the make-up from this mod? http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2812 That'd be so great! And sexy :)

my textures will be clean and without makeup. the game already has a set of Makeup sliders so any applications of makeup should be re-worked to those. i will look into changing makeup textures later so sliders can be used to beautify but right now if i add makeup to the base textures there will be NO OPTION to remove it later.

We have enough work to sort our own body out. Please don't bother us with other peoples mods. Don't rush us. You'll end up getting poor mods.

Thanks a lot.

@ watshisface' date='

Uploaded some new seamless msn maps for you in the modders resource thread. I'll be posting maps for the head, later.

[/quote']

having a few issues with these right now, they still arent seam proof. ill keep fixing the ones im working on and once i have it complete ill send you an end result, have you been re-uv mapping since the original thorpac body release or are the textures still bound to the same uv constraints? if you have changed the uv map the bodies will have more seam issues as the textures wont line up.

One suggestion id like to make is to thicken the thighs on the model, especially with thors morph. Maybe its just me but I think it would look both more realistic and attractive. The model of the particular character im using does have its weight slider set to max, and still looks slightly barbie-ish.

Just some food for thought on these gargantuan textures (4k body, 2k head, etc)...

Head texture/layout is (roughly) a 1:1 match for the screen... in other words, if you are looking at nothing but the head of a character (extreme close-up of the face), on a 1080p (1080 pixels in height) display, anything larger than 1080 pixels of texture is just wasteful. Thus 1024 is an excellent size for head textures and uses 3-5 times LESS memory than a 2048 pixel bitmap.

For the body, the layout includes both the front and back of the torso included in the height of the bitmap, so "half the height" of the bitmap makes up the front of the torso (ignoring the legs, which are included at the same resolution as the torso). With that in mind, if you are looking at a close-up of a character's torso (from crotch to neck) on a 1080p screen, you'd need twice that much bitmap for a 1:1 (bitmap pixel -> screen pixel) quality image - meaning that a 2048 pixel bitmap is an excellent size - and uses 3-5 times LESS memory than a (wasteful) 4096 pixel bitmap.

In other words, those huge dimension bitmaps are just getting blurred/scaled-down 99.9% of the time (or 100% of the time, unless have a nipple filling the entire screen or something). Of course the above all assumes you're playing on a 1080p(ish) resolution screen - which the vast majority of users likely are. If you're playing on some huge resolution monitor, you can adjust my figures above accordingly.

Cheers.

It's great to see that everyone is liking the mod and all, but I have to say... There are 3 people working this project atm. Not a whole big team for each step. I know everyone has their preference as to what they would like to see but please people keep in mind that there are 3 modders working this and they are doing this using an elongated process trying to make all our games more enjoyable and really are only doing it for nothing more than our thanks and appreciation.

That said lets give Thor, 2pac, and watshisface a bit of space here to do what they do.

It's great to see that everyone is liking the mod and all' date=' but I have to say... There are 3 people working this project atm. Not a whole big team for each step. I know everyone has their preference as to what they would like to see but please people keep in mind that there are 3 modders working this and they are doing this using an elongated process trying to make all our games more enjoyable and really are only doing it for nothing more than our thanks and appreciation.

That said lets give Thor, 2pac, and watshisface a bit of space here to do what they do.

[/quote']

thank you.

Just some food for thought on these gargantuan textures (4k body' date=' 2k head, etc)...

Head texture/layout is (roughly) a 1:1 match for the screen... in other words, if you are looking at nothing but the head of a character (extreme close-up of the face), on a 1080p (1080 pixels in height) display, anything larger than 1080 pixels of texture is just wasteful. Thus 1024 is an excellent size for head textures and uses 3-5 times LESS memory than a 2048 pixel bitmap.

For the body, the layout includes both the front and back of the torso included in the height of the bitmap, so "half the height" of the bitmap makes up the front of the torso (ignoring the legs, which are included at the same resolution as the torso). With that in mind, if you are looking at a close-up of a character's torso (from crotch to neck) on a 1080p screen, you'd need twice that much bitmap for a 1:1 (bitmap pixel -> screen pixel) quality image - meaning that a 2048 pixel bitmap is an excellent size - and uses 3-5 times LESS memory than a (wasteful) 4096 pixel bitmap.

In other words, those huge dimension bitmaps are just getting blurred/scaled-down 99.9% of the time (or 100% of the time, unless have a nipple filling the entire screen or something). Of course the above all assumes you're playing on a 1080p(ish) resolution screen - which the vast majority of users likely are. If you're playing on some huge resolution monitor, you can adjust my figures above accordingly.

Cheers.

[/quote']

This is how 'I' like to work: I work at very high resolutions, save as master files, and then at the last minute, scale everything down to provide optimal resolution/quality.

I'm guessing you saw my PSD files and though "oh no!" ;p

I'm not too sure if the way i do things is the correct way ... but it has got me by for many years. :)

Having said all that. I like having/giving a choice.

So, 4x textures will be posted.

Just some food for thought on these gargantuan textures (4k body' date=' 2k head, etc)...

Cheers.

[/quote']

This is how 'I' like to work: I work at very high resolutions, save as master files, and then at the last minute, scale everything down to provide optimal resolution/quality.

I'm not too sure if the way i do things is the correct way ... but it has got me by for many years. :)

Wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular - as mentioned, it was just food for thought, since I see sooooo many "HQ" mods coming out - I'm not sure people take the time to think it through... and instead, people end up with folders full of 12mb textures and wonder why they crash all the time :).

I bet you (anyone) a dollar that you can't "distinguish" a 2k texture from a 4k texture in-game (again, 99.9% of the time) - it's just wasteful (IMNSHO).

It's great to have HQ working files, but most folks have no idea how to scale those 4k released (.dds format) bitmaps down - I'm just hoping that modders (as a whole) take some time to consider these issues.

Cheers.

[/quote']

Wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular - as mentioned, it was just food for thought, since I see sooooo many "HQ" mods coming out - I'm not sure people take the time to think it through... and instead, people end up with folders full of 12mb textures and wonder why they crash all the time :).

I bet you (anyone) a dollar that you can't "distinguish" a 2k texture from a 4k texture in-game (again, 99.9% of the time) - it's just wasteful (IMNSHO).

It's great to have HQ working files, but most folks have no idea how to scale those 4k released (.dds format) bitmaps down - I'm just hoping that modders (as a whole) take some time to consider these issues.

it is however posted in our thread so directly applies to the creators and modders working with these texture sizes, we work with extremely large texture sizes for the best quality and scale things down when/if we need to for the best result.

also as a note to your bet, i do notice these changes as i have been making high and medium resolution textures specifically to see the changes.

if we make all our textures lower resolution when it comes to the next new update or change we then have worse quality textures to work from and a downgrade of the quality 50% each time after 2-3 changes the textures will look terrible.

BTW, I know I might come off as "preachy" and/or opinionated... Just know that I mean no disrespect - I'm only trying to help.

My first computer was a Commodore VIC-20 (back in '84 ?) and I've been messing-with/playing-with/programming them ever since. I spent 7 years [EDIT: oops.. make that 9 years] working in the gaming industry as programmer/lead-programmer/producer and have dabbled in modeling/uv-mapping/texturing as a hobby for a dozen+ years of that time.

Throughout that time, whether releasing my own products, contracted products or products for the companies I've worked with and for, I've spent a fair amount of time developing good/decent "deliverable" practices and have a pretty good grasp on the technical issues and practicalities related to games and game-content...

There's a _reason_ Bethesda didn't include "2k chicken textures" (for example), but that won't keep people from thinking they are providing end-users a service by coming out with their "2k chicken texture mod". ~shrug~

(again, this is not directed at anyone in particular - just food for thought / venting)

...if we make all our textures lower resolution when it comes to the next new update or change we then have worse quality textures to work from and a downgrade of the quality 50% each time after 2-3 changes the textures will look terrible.

I have (and would) never suggested that you reduce the resolution of your 'working' files - there's no reason for you to lose resolution/quality for each update.

...if we make all our textures lower resolution when it comes to the next new update or change we then have worse quality textures to work from and a downgrade of the quality 50% each time after 2-3 changes the textures will look terrible.

I have (and would) never suggested that you reduce the resolution of your 'working' files - there's no reason for you to lose resolution/quality for each update.

this is not constructive to our mods so this is ending now. we work the way we work end of

snip

ok. i think i owe you an apology. I get that many idiots who can't even wipe their arse, yet think nothing of posting pearls of wisdom, i tend to think the worst.

I appreciate your advice/comments.

How about helping with things i haven't the time to look at?

I looked at a couple of heads and saw that they were 'sleeved'.

Can you browse them and tell me if they all have identical seams/positions ?

Then my next body could be made seamless around the neck ?

Basically, think of ways which you could make our job, quicker.

How about creating some necklaces, bangles, undies, etc ?

Be warned, i'm fucked up in the head, and if i think the work is below par, i won't use it. No offence to anyone's efforts.

I'm new around here, but I just wanted to say that I think this is an excellent alpha release. Sure, there are a few flaws (visible cracks at the 'wrong' angles spring to mind), but it's ALPHA!

Please keep up the excellent work, I look forward to the day this catches up to Thor's fantastic DA2 stuff! =D

this is not constructive to our mods so this is ending now. we work the way we work end of

If my comments are not useful to you, feel free to ignore them. Carry on.