Thorpac Body ALPHA release

...I looked at a couple of heads and saw that they were 'sleeved'.

Can you browse them and tell me if they all have identical seams/positions ?

Then my next body could be made seamless around the neck ? ...etc...

The heads appear to be 'sleeved' (in that the opening vertices are not in the same positions as the ones at the top of the neck)' date=' but... they [i']do[/i] have the same vertex-count, so the program is likely welding them at run-time (they're not 'sleeved' in the game).

So, the first issue would be coming up with a matching vertex count around the neck-line, in 'close proximity' to where the head verts are. But, there may be two other issues...

1. (likely) The 'match up' may rely on specific vertex-indices. In other words, the program may be hard-coded (or data-driven) to weld specific vertices of the body with the head (possibly only if those vertices are close enough - otherwise you may have already seen some trouble).

2. There may be some issue related to the heads being face-gen heads. I don't know how they are handling morphs/etc., but I've seen mention of face-gen in other threads and that may complicate things (at least as far as supplying your own head models).

...the first issue may also be tied to a total vertex-count for the body mesh, but a good first step would be to try to match the count around the neck opening.

snip

Interesting.

Can you confirm 100% that no seams can be seen with any of the default heads in-game? If they are being welded on-the-fly, this might be the reason why the whole body isn't morphing because of tracking ? If there was a easy import mesh option, it would be so easy to experiment. Whilst looking at texturing i've just notice a point is out on the arm/hand seam. :(

I though of something more you might be interested in:

Load our body; load all suitable clothing/armor; check for clipping and adjust where neccessary. This will help 2pac convert everything ?

Or, anything else you can think of. There hundreds of possibilities.

How about checking all the tri's and seeing if we can build a model import for facegen photo-fit? I'd like to see this feature in skyrim.

@thor925 ive just finished work on the argonian shadow mapping and have just updated the BRB thread to incorporate the changes, screenshots of changes are the last post by me and the updated version is in the initial download section check it out. they look nice on all current thorpac+hera bodies

snip

Interesting.

Can you confirm 100% that no seams can be seen with any of the default heads in-game? If they are being welded on-the-fly' date=' this might be the reason why the whole body isn't morphing because of tracking ? If there was a easy import mesh option, it would be so easy to experiment. Whilst looking at texturing i've just notice a point is out on the arm/hand seam. :(

I though of something more you might be interested in:

Load our body; load all suitable clothing/armor; check for clipping and adjust where neccessary. This will help 2pac convert everything ?

Or, anything else you can think of. There hundreds of possibilities.

How about checking all the tri's and seeing if we can build a model import for facegen photo-fit? I'd like to see this feature in skyrim.

[/quote']

i dont see why bethesda would complicate things and make the engine weld the vertices together during game. im pretty sure it is just sleeved on. I tried joining the head and body nifs myself and ended up with a huge seam. like 3 inches.

This screen-shot may not show it definitively' date=' but I can assure you that it's not just sleeved on - there is no seam with the default mesh(aside from any caused by texture mismatch).

[/quote']

so hows this being done?

this will be useful, can it be applied to argonian/khajiit heads too? means i can texture the entirely seamless beast race bodies then.

This screen-shot may not show it definitively' date=' but I can assure you that it's not just sleeved on - there is no seam with the default mesh(aside from any caused by texture mismatch).[/quote']

Hmmm ... ok, i think it's worth giving it a shot. I can see why they would do it. Auto-morphing to accomodate different size necks for different races. I'll do a mesh to conform to that criteria. since 2pac confirms breasts can morph, then the welds on-the-fly 'cannot' be point specific. = a good thing for us.

Wait a minute! How about i increase the heads resolution!? :D :D

No, just kidding. I plan to that later on.

This screen-shot may not show it definitively' date=' but I can assure you that it's not just sleeved on - there is no seam with the default mesh(aside from any caused by texture mismatch).

[/quote']

how did you achieve the matching head colour with the skin if you are using thorpac alpha body?

Using all the files from the thorpac main file download wont or shouldn't cause a skin color mismatch. I recently got the mismatch when I started using BellaGail's face overhaul. Before swapping to Bella's face mod the skin texture was never off color.

Check your other mods that alter the face textures.

[/quote']

how did you achieve the matching head colour with the skin if you are using thorpac alpha body?

Using all the files from the thorpac main file download wont or shouldn't cause a skin color mismatch. I recently got the mismatch when I started using BellaGail's face overhaul. Before swapping to Bella's face mod the skin texture was never off color.

the only mods i use are beautifull face/eyes/lips do you know which can cause the problem ?

[/quote']

the only mods i use are beautifull face/eyes/lips do you know which can cause the problem ?

If anything it would be the beautiful face mod as the others are targeted areas. I really only had the skin textures maybe a half a shade off when just using the thorpac files with the pretty faces mesh. it was barely noticeable

[/quote']

Just to clarify, that screen-shot is the default mesh, not ThorPac.

@thor925 & 2pac4eva7

finally got the textures to a decent enough level to display with some screenshots. will be another half day of reworking to get it all completed but tell me what you think, underwear/tattoo is easily removed btw but i thought ide spice things up a little :D ive reworked the face 'excuse the shadows around the neck odd time of day in game for taking pictures with shadows'

post-9325-13597871739512_thumb.jpgpost-9325-13597871740227_thumb.jpg

time for a well earned rest

watched the most ridiculous movie 'trees' piss take of jaws lol late night tv for ya.

@thor925 & 2pac4eva7

finally got the textures to a decent enough level to display with some screenshots. will be another half day of reworking to get it all completed but tell me what you think' date=' underwear/tattoo is easily removed btw but i thought ide spice things up a little :D ive reworked the face 'excuse the shadows around the neck odd time of day in game for taking pictures with shadows'

time for a well earned rest

watched the most ridiculous movie 'trees' piss take of jaws lol late night tv for ya.

[/quote']

Yes, please. Remove underwear. Tattoo's fine though. Not trying to sound like a dick, but I like for a naked woman to be naked.

hmm... I almost have the trailer finished but I think I will wait for Watshisface to finish the humanoid textures to finish so i can add them, that way the movie will be much more nice! Hope you don't mind that that Thor.. but if you really wanted it I could send you my current progress.(the footage is done I just need to edit it)

hmm... I almost have the trailer finished but I think I will wait for Watshisface to finish the humanoid textures to finish so i can add them' date=' that way the movie will be much more nice! Hope you don't mind that that Thor.. but if you really wanted it I could send you my current progress.(the footage is done I just need to edit it)

[/quote']

No problem friend. We don't have a deadline. :)

The belly button looks like she's 300lbs or something. Needs to be much less dark and much less deep looking' date=' and more vertically oval.

[/quote']

I'm hoping to release the hera model at nexus tonight.

I have a feeling that no matter how good our textures are, someone will make a better variant. That's a good thing. :)

I'll be putting it up, but i won't be supporting it, as far as answering all the idiotic questions and the whines.

I have someone in mind, but if anyone else, Xun? , want's to help maintain it, set-up description, screenshots, etc., please PM me.

I'd rather spend my time on building some hot models. :)