Psalam Posted Thursday at 07:53 PM Posted Thursday at 07:53 PM 2 hours ago, naaitsab said: If I understand it correctly. You are trying to modify the bridle to remove the bit part? The bridle nif needs to be modified to remove the bit itself. This can quite easily be done from 'Outfitstudio' by using the mask feature. It would also need a modification to remove the 'zad_deviceGag' keyword from the item. Otherwise it will trigger the gag system of DD. Both would require to use a custom armor addon and armor in the mod itself. Haven't touched LE in years so not sure if that mod currently already uses custom armor objects. Or did I misread your question? No, you read my question precisely, and thank you for your answer. I have no expertise in this area but in the spoiler below I quote @Hex Bolt who says that the approach that you outlined didn't work for him. Spoiler I tried this, but as I'd feared, the section of the texture that's used for the bit is also used for some of the connecting straps. Hiding the bit hides some of the straps so that their rivets just float, connected to nothing, and I can't hide those rivets without hiding all of them. Not only would that look wrong, but you'd see all the rivets disappear when the bit is removed. So, this approach won't work for this item (I have more success with things like removing sleeves from clothing to get around clipping). Having said that @HereBeTentacles has posted what they believe to be a texture that meets the requirements. Thanks again for all the help.
HereBeTentacles Posted Thursday at 08:04 PM Posted Thursday at 08:04 PM 10 minutes ago, Psalam said: No, you read my question precisely, and thank you for your answer. I have no expertise in this area but in the spoiler below I quote @Hex Bolt who says that the approach that you outlined didn't work for him. Reveal hidden contents I tried this, but as I'd feared, the section of the texture that's used for the bit is also used for some of the connecting straps. Hiding the bit hides some of the straps so that their rivets just float, connected to nothing, and I can't hide those rivets without hiding all of them. Not only would that look wrong, but you'd see all the rivets disappear when the bit is removed. So, this approach won't work for this item (I have more success with things like removing sleeves from clothing to get around clipping). Having said that @HereBeTentacles has posted what they believe to be a texture that meets the requirements. Thanks again for all the help. I did exactly what @naaitsab suggested and removed the bit from the model. Hexbolt tried modifying the textures which is what didn't work, too much shared UVs on the model for that. 2
IcicleInn Posted Friday at 05:32 AM Posted Friday at 05:32 AM On 9/30/2026 at 2:21 AM, DonQuiWho said: My problem doesn't seem to be related to the 'speed' of the forward movement. It's about being unable to 'move forward and upward' at all, when on a set of stairs I have tried the basic hobble dress, both with the 'bunny hop' and 'small steps' animations, with speed reduction set both the MCM slider default value of 50%, and as adjusted to 25%. Both of those options DO allow my player to negotiate stairs, ie start at the bottom and progress to the top I have tried the 'extreme' version of the hobble dress, again both with the 'bunny hop' and 'small steps' animations, with speed reduction set both the MCM slider default value of 50%, and as adjusted to 25%. NONE of those options for that particular device allow my player to then negotiate stairs at all out of curiosity, what location has stairs that are stopping your progress? I'd like to see if I can replicate the behavior
DonQuiWho Posted Friday at 06:46 PM Posted Friday at 06:46 PM 13 hours ago, IcicleInn said: out of curiosity, what location has stairs that are stopping your progress? I'd like to see if I can replicate the behavior Sure: Couple of examples where I had the issue - if you have neither of these I can try elsewhere (note: I still have to try without that overwriting SKSE dll I mentioned above) Rorikstead (JK's Skyrim) - steps to blacksmiths Harvald's Bath House - enrtance to side room with bed has raised lip on the floor at the doorway DQW
DonQuiWho Posted Friday at 10:37 PM Posted Friday at 10:37 PM (edited) 3 hours ago, DonQuiWho said: Sure: Couple of examples where I had the issue - if you have neither of these I can try elsewhere (note: I still have to try without that overwriting SKSE dll I mentioned above) Rorikstead (JK's Skyrim) - steps to blacksmiths Harvald's Bath House - enrtance to side room with bed has raised lip on the floor at the doorway DQW @IcicleInn I just tried again and I can now see why you can go up stairs and I couldn't! It's all got to do with added encumbrance from another (maybe more than one other) mod Test Sequence I went to the bottom of the stairs near Haelga's Bunkhouse/Honeyside in Riften which lead down to the alchemist on the lower level Once there, I equipped the PC with a DD NG Extreme Hobble Dress and tried to go back up the stairs At first I couldn't, and then, oddly, she would manage a few steps before reverting to no movement at all So she could move, but not always I looked at the benefits/encumbrances tab, the rightmost tab, of the 'P' menu The FHU mod already had its (highest) speed encumbrance set at 65% So I tried to reset the FHU actors, so that she had no speed encumbrance from that And then, on trying the steps again, lo and behold: She would go up the stairs without any problems - other than of course, the DD/DDNG mods own speed restriction So there is really nothing actually terminally wrong The lesson to be learnt is, if you use FHU, not to go downstairs, or be at the bottom of a set of steps, in an Extreme Hobble Dress, after having had too much of a good thing, or undue levels of fulfilment, in an immediately preceding orgy Hope that is borne out by what you might find too! And also that I didn't waste too much of your time DQW ======================= In case this affects anyone else Search terms: Problem: Extreme Hobble Dress : Stairs : Steps : FHU Edited Friday at 10:40 PM by DonQuiWho 1
IcicleInn Posted Saturday at 04:11 AM Posted Saturday at 04:11 AM 5 hours ago, DonQuiWho said: @IcicleInn I just tried again and I can now see why you can go up stairs and I couldn't! It's all got to do with added encumbrance from another (maybe more than one other) mod With an Extreme Leather Hobble Dress, I was able to replicate your inability to "run" up the rorikstead stairs in an extreme hobble dress and only an additional 25% encumbrance from FHU. At fully filled (65% and a second debuff) you barely move on flat ground (sliding), and can't go up the stairs at all. Pressing sprint doesn't even let you move enough to climb, but again, even on flat ground you're barely moving with the two debuffs. But even with 65% speed debuff (and no additional debuff) you can use the sprint while hobbled to hop up the steps. The 65% + Additional debuff from being overfull seems to break movement animations a little and I'm not sure why. Anything below that and I was able to hop up the stairs while holding the sprint button. That's as far as I was able to replicate. tl;dr: Extra speed debuffs plus an extreme hobble dress may make it difficult to go up stairs or steps without sprinting. Too much debuff can possibly break movement animations altogether. But you can still sprint while hobbled using NG so you can usually overcome it.
DonQuiWho Posted Saturday at 05:05 AM Posted Saturday at 05:05 AM 44 minutes ago, IcicleInn said: With an Extreme Leather Hobble Dress, I was able to replicate your inability to "run" up the rorikstead stairs in an extreme hobble dress and only an additional 25% encumbrance from FHU. At fully filled (65% and a second debuff) you barely move on flat ground (sliding), and can't go up the stairs at all. Pressing sprint doesn't even let you move enough to climb, but again, even on flat ground you're barely moving with the two debuffs. But even with 65% speed debuff (and no additional debuff) you can use the sprint while hobbled to hop up the steps. The 65% + Additional debuff from being overfull seems to break movement animations a little and I'm not sure why. Anything below that and I was able to hop up the stairs while holding the sprint button. That's as far as I was able to replicate. tl;dr: Extra speed debuffs plus an extreme hobble dress may make it difficult to go up stairs or steps without sprinting. Too much debuff can possibly break movement animations altogether. But you can still sprint while hobbled using NG so you can usually overcome it. There being another brand new piece of weirdness almost every day is one of the great appeals of Skyrim! How boring would it be without them? 😄 But I am impressed by the depth of your research, and the findings. TBH, I've played this for a long time, but I'm not sure if I have ever used the 'Sprint' function for anything. I certainly know when to now! Thanks vm DQW
adragtobearound Posted Sunday at 01:58 AM Posted Sunday at 01:58 AM PG patcher issue: [2026-10-03 20:27:19.335] [warning] Weight slider enabled but mesh name doesn't end with _0.nif or _1.nif: Devious Devices - Expansion.esm / 049C7B [2026-10-03 20:27:19.335] [warning] Weight slider enabled but mesh name doesn't end with _0.nif or _1.nif: Devious Devices - Expansion.esm / 20007A
Deamionzero Posted Sunday at 02:01 AM Posted Sunday at 02:01 AM Just saw this mod for outfit management on nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/193410 Does anyone know if it is compatible with DD? Or will it force-remove devices and break them?
LinusXu Posted yesterday at 12:24 PM Posted yesterday at 12:24 PM On 10/1/2026 at 4:04 AM, abcd99 said: Thanks for the clarification. The latest version of Sexlab P+ (2.18.1) has an experimental Skyrim 1.7.x support (still buggy, but at least somewhat stable). So I hope you could add 1.7.x support pretty soon. Thanks! If you don't mind: Could you please point out where the source code for that Partial Animation Replacer DLL? Thanks! Looks like https://github.com/IHateMyKite/PartialAnimationReplacer is the repo. A PR to bump to commonlibsse-ng is open there, pointing to https://github.com/naitro2010/naitro2010-PartialAnimationReplacer/tree/port-commonlibsse-gg. I'm trying to build against the fork but still having some issues to wrinkle out.
abcd99 Posted 20 hours ago Posted 20 hours ago Done. Recompiled PartialAnimationDLL as well. Please revisit the original post since I put everything there. 1
HEFTW Posted 42 minutes ago Posted 42 minutes ago I get issues with the adress library when launching DeviousDevices.dll REL/Relocation.h(1115): failed to open address library file I'm currently running latest Adress Library All In On (1.7.104.0) v13 with the replaced .dll version for skyrim se v.1.7.104.0 I managed to fix all of my other REL errors but not for this mod. Original Devious Devices works fine.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now