The latest update seems to have fixed the main issue I was having - idiot guards running up to me on every load fining me for a magic violation even though i already have my tats the curse and a collar.

Other VERY minor issue/mainly a question: Collar exemption: what does the game consider a collar? I would love it if it was much more loose, ideally even just allowing anything in that slot with a name of "collar". I was wearing a "collar (leather)" from devious devices assets and the idiot guards all ran up to me bitching about not wearing a collar. I DID get that off of additemmenu if that makes a difference, but i figured one from devious devices would work.

I would LOVE a debug option to give a collar, and I would extra love it if I could choose the type. Guards keep throwing on rope collars and I think those are stupid.

edit: oo! other random question - the tattoo color seems to go off of some squirrelly int number. What scheme is this called so I can figure out how to select a different color? I tried hex codes and it didn't work, which felt obvious after i reset to default and looked at the number it gave me, but I haven't ever seen ints like that used to represent colors so I wasn't sure how to apply my own (outside of race menu)

Edited by thor3222
1 hour ago, thor3222 said:

edit: oo! other random question - the tattoo color seems to go off of some squirrelly int number. What scheme is this called so I can figure out how to select a different color? I tried hex codes and it didn't work, which felt obvious after i reset to default and looked at the number it gave me, but I haven't ever seen ints like that used to represent colors so I wasn't sure how to apply my own (outside of race menu)

This format is called Decimal. You can see examples under the "Cursed Tattoo Color Samples" file. Just convert Hex Codes to Decimal.

1 hour ago, thor3222 said:

The latest update seems to have fixed the main issue I was having - idiot guards running up to me on every load fining me for a magic violation even though i already have my tats the curse and a collar.

If this issue only happens on game load, you probably have another mod explicitly casting a spell on the player, triggering OnSpellCast() event, every time you load in. If you are able to identify the spell, 1.13.2 will allow you to whitelist this spell so that it doesn't fire off any BMLE violation.

2 hours ago, thor3222 said:

I was wearing a "collar (leather)" from devious devices assets and the idiot guards all ran up to me bitching about not wearing a collar.

You need a collar from the Integrations or Expansion plugin. The collars from Assets retrieved via AIM aren't lockable.

3 minutes ago, Nuascura said:

If this issue only happens on game load, you probably have another mod explicitly casting a spell on the player, triggering OnSpellCast() event, every time you load in. If you are able to identify the spell, 1.13.2 will allow you to whitelist this spell so that it doesn't fire off any BMLE violation.

ah yeah almost certainly - i actually came back to report that the guards are still coming at me on load. it seems like there is something that is making them second guess shortly after since they turned around the first time i checked, but if you are close enough to the guards they will still getcha. Ill look forward to 1.13.2 then!

4 minutes ago, thor3222 said:

ah yeah almost certainly - i actually came back to report that the guards are still coming at me on load. it seems like there is something that is making them second guess shortly after since they turned around the first time i checked, but if you are close enough to the guards they will still getcha. Ill look forward to 1.13.2 then!

Enable Log Traces within Licenses' MCM. Save the game, load it again, and check your papyrus log. Licenses will print which spell caused a Magic Violation.

Hello, I did a lot of testing with this and Prison Alternative. A very fun combination of mods and they play well together for the most part. I thought it might be interesting to note that if you have the option selected to disable searching while in prison, Licenses seems to think you are still in prison when you are released from it. The guards will never check you for armor, weapons, or clothes again. So Licenses has to be rebooted every time you leave the prison with Prison Alternative. Presumably whatever Prison Alternative does to release the player from prison must be a different hook than what Licenses is expecting. 

Not a super big deal, but if you feel the need to make this mod compatible with Prison Alternative, that seems to be the only issue I found.

P.S. Anyone know of a mod that strips more women of their clothing and/or adds more naked women NPCs to cities and towns? It would help with the immersion if my character wasn't the only one naked due to a missing clothing license.

Edited by Feltol

I currently use version 1.12.4. What is the correct way to update to 1.14.0 and possibly retain the purchased licenses?

The update notes for 1.14.0 mention "Note for existing users: Restart Licenses via the MCM before use." What exactly does this mean?

1 hour ago, Gudulba said:

I currently use version 1.12.4. What is the correct way to update to 1.14.0 and possibly retain the purchased licenses?

The update notes for 1.14.0 mention "Note for existing users: Restart Licenses via the MCM before use." What exactly does this mean?

Page 1 of Licenses’ MCM contains a setting that describes the Mod State as “Initialized.” Toggle that option, and then toggle it again once the mod has been deactivated.

You can’t preserve your current license statuses, but Licenses will provide you a refund where applicable.

9 hours ago, sekuzeku said:

Hi, what is SS (SS events) in the update summary?

Survival?

what events are supported?

SS = Simple Slavery. Licenses bounty events will no longer trigger while you’re in a recognized event in that mod.

On 3/17/2024 at 7:51 AM, Feltol said:

Not a super big deal, but if you feel the need to make this mod compatible with Prison Alternative, that seems to be the only issue I found.

Can you try putting Licenses below Prison Alternative in your load order? It may or may not change anything.

On 3/17/2024 at 7:51 AM, Feltol said:

Anyone know of a mod that strips more women of their clothing and/or adds more naked women NPCs to cities and towns? It would help with the immersion if my character wasn't the only one naked due to a missing clothing license.

Corsec’s non-DD for vanilla NPC SPID patches or kaxat’s Slaverun Standsalone.

Î have installed the latest version and all hard and soft requirements (MCM lists everything as installed). I make a new character, step in front of a guard, get notified for a missing magic curse violation, but nothing more happens, no bounty. I finish the dialogue (sorry wont happen again), and I get stopped again immediately for the same reason. No curse spell gets applied, no tat either. Papyrus log says this:

[03/19/2024 - 07:29:26PM] [BMLE] No exception state detected
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:26PM] [BMLE] Violation Checker passed initial conditions
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:26PM] [BMLE] Called startDetectionQuest()
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:26PM] [BMLE] Started Detection Quest.
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:26PM] [BMLE] Alias setup valid. Running periodic detection update event.
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:26PM] [BMLE] BM_Licenses_Detection: Player was detected by enforcer [Actor < (0002E1DE)>]
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:27PM] [BMLE] BM_Licenses_Detection: Player was detected by enforcer [WIDeadBodyCleanupScript < (000198BA)>]
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:28PM] [BMLE] Player is detected, or LOS-check was disabled
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:28PM] [BMLE] Detected Magic Violation (Curse): Missing Curse
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:28PM] [BMLE] startBountyQuest
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:28PM] [BMLE] No exception state detected
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:28PM] [BMLE] Bounty Quest started
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:28PM] [BMLE] Base: 250; Percentage: 0.250000; Armor: 0; Magic: 1500; Weapon: 0; Crafting: 0; Travel: 0; Collar: 0; Insurance: 0; Curfew: 0; Trading: 0
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:28PM] [BMLE] Generated Fine Total: 625.000000
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:40PM] [BMLE] FinishConfrontation Type: 2

If I disable magic check, I get similar behaviour for other licenses. I get stopped, some dialogue, nothing happens, I get stopped immediately again.

Edited by Rubikon11
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Rubikon11 said:

Î have installed the latest version and all hard and soft requirements (MCM lists everything as installed). I make a new character, step in front of a guard, get notified for a missing magic curse violation, but nothing more happens, no bounty. I finish the dialogue (sorry wont happen again), and I get stopped again immediately for the same reason. No curse spell gets applied, no tat either. Papyrus log says this:

[03/19/2024 - 07:29:26PM] [BMLE] No exception state detected
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:26PM] [BMLE] Violation Checker passed initial conditions
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:26PM] [BMLE] Called startDetectionQuest()
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:26PM] [BMLE] Started Detection Quest.
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:26PM] [BMLE] Alias setup valid. Running periodic detection update event.
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:26PM] [BMLE] BM_Licenses_Detection: Player was detected by enforcer [Actor < (0002E1DE)>]
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:27PM] [BMLE] BM_Licenses_Detection: Player was detected by enforcer [WIDeadBodyCleanupScript < (000198BA)>]
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:28PM] [BMLE] Player is detected, or LOS-check was disabled
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:28PM] [BMLE] Detected Magic Violation (Curse): Missing Curse
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:28PM] [BMLE] startBountyQuest
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:28PM] [BMLE] No exception state detected
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:28PM] [BMLE] Bounty Quest started
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:28PM] [BMLE] Base: 250; Percentage: 0.250000; Armor: 0; Magic: 1500; Weapon: 0; Crafting: 0; Travel: 0; Collar: 0; Insurance: 0; Curfew: 0; Trading: 0
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:28PM] [BMLE] Generated Fine Total: 625.000000
[03/19/2024 - 07:29:40PM] [BMLE] FinishConfrontation Type: 2

If I disable magic check, I get similar behaviour for other licenses. I get stopped, some dialogue, nothing happens, I get stopped immediately again.

Which BMLE version is this with?

If it's with the latest public version (1.14.0), can you tell me export your settings.json, attach it to your reply, and tell me a step-by-step process by which you replicate your issue from game start?

Start with something like this:

1. Loaded game into Alternate Perspective cell

2. Initialized Licenses

3. Imported settings

4. [...]

Edited by Nuascura

Settings.jsonPapyrus.0.log

BMLE is 1.14. Settings.json and papyrus are attached (tho this time there is nothing about BMLE in Papyrus)

1. I launch the game via Moo2 -> skse64loader

2. New game

3. select female character, leave everything on default

4. load into alternate start cell

5. wait until message spam from mods is over

6. goto MCM, goto licenses, click initialize, close MCM

7. pick "Inn patron, Solitude"

8. goto alternate start bed

9. in soltitude, deselect the FNIS spells in the magic menu. Then leave Inn

10. goto a guard, nothing happens (correct, I dont violate anything yet as I haft left the default settings)

11. equip Flames spell, I get forcegreeted by the guard, I get notified for a violation

12. Dialogue ends, nothing happens, I get immediately forcegreeted again. THis persists even if I unequip the spell.

Please let me know if you need more info.

@Rubikon11 the Log Traces option needs to be enabled under Licenses’ Auxiliary tab. If you have the time, please test again with that option enabled.

Also, can you tell me what lines the guard says to you in those two confrontations?

Since BMLE lets you off the hook for first time violation, the dialogues should be different. If they aren’t different, then we have a problem.

I have done everything as before, except 6a) enable logging.

The dialogue:

"Hold it right there"

"Whats the matter?"

"Citizen. Use of magic is forbidden without a license"

"Im so sorry. Please forgive the violation"

"Familiarize yourself with skyrims laws, traveler. Next time, you wont be so lucky"

"Now, be on your way citizen"

(so I guess this is the warning dialogue)

I keep Flames equipped, I get forcegreeted again, same dialogue.

I unequip Flames, I get forcegreeted again, same dialogue.

(keeps repeating)

Papyrus.0.log

Maybe something happend on the update, I didn't have this problem on an earlier version. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the mod, tho.

Edited by Rubikon11
Posted (edited)

@Rubikon11 Unfortunately I can't seem to replicate your issue. It may be that there are too many variables between 1.14 and my current beta file. Or, it could be that the scripts are stuck on your end. I might guess that they're related to Andb's issue, which they reported to me on Discord. See if the attached beta file changes anything. Requires a new game. Otherwise, you need to revert to a save not plagued by your current issue and turn off Licenses via the MCM in that old version before installing this beta.

Note that there are a lot of back-end changes. You can read a list of them in the changelog.txt.

Edited by Nuascura
Removed Attachment
5 hours ago, Tarath said:

Would you have plans to have to integrate Immersive Hair Growth and Styling (YPS Devious & Immersive Fashion 2024-03-21) 6.6.4 into this mod to have a license for long hair or something for the lines of that?

Unfortunately and tentatively no - I don’t even have any plans for licenses beyond the Gag Exemption. However, the author could nonetheless restrict certain actions/purchases if the player lacks a Whore License, for example.

1 hour ago, nmed2761 said:

I got the guards to acknowledge I don't have the Magicka curse. But they don't seem to cast it on me after a violation.

On a new game, can you do the following:

1. Tell me a step-by-step replication process *from new character start*

2. Enable Log Traces under this mod’s Auxiliary tab and pass me your papyrus log generated from this game session

3. Export your settings.json and upload it here

On 3/12/2024 at 7:25 PM, Nuascura said:

You need a collar from the Integrations or Expansion plugin. The collars from Assets retrieved via AIM aren't lockable.

Will the mod work only with collars from those plugins or with any lockable collar? Will it work, for instance, with Pet Collar? Will it work with Unforgiving Devices mod?

On 3/22/2024 at 3:24 AM, Nuascura said:

I don’t even have any plans for licenses beyond the Gag Exemption

Looking forward to it, can I offer you any kind of help?

Hi - I'm on Version 1.15.0 and I reset the MCM per instructions after upgrading. 

For the first time since I started using your mod, I realized that, while the PC has been stopped for curfew violations and magic violations, she'd never been stopped for Bikini armor violations.  

I'm using Sunjeong's TAWOBA REMASTERED 6.1 CBBE SE, with 3BA Bodyslides.  I've long added all of the main keywords to the plug-in for the armor the PC is wearing, Orcish Bikini Top I (and all the others):

Spoiler

KeyWords.thumb.png.9cb507c1b06cc44d3dc37fdabd4b8214.png

I believe the setup is correct.  Originally, I used the default "EroticArmor."

Spoiler

TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2024_03.23-15_26_30_48.thumb.png.9f9ce417a232172f24059a6f507e3d13.png

I ran showquestvars BM_Licenses from console and even with the foregoing settings, no bikini armor appears to have been detected:

Spoiler

TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2024_03.23-15_15_14_02.thumb.png.d9a00bee096286df135d9a8dbdb2130f.png

I was originally using the Bakafactory version of Sexlab Aroused but since you mentioned your set up used NG, I installed that.  I also changed the keyword in the MCM to SLA_ArmorHalfNakedBikini per one of the posts here.  Same result all around.  As a side question, do you think there's any problem with changing from Baka's version to NG mid-game?

I've attached my last papyrus log with traces enabled. 

I'm sure I doing something incredibly stupid and would appreciate any troubleshooting suggestions.

Papyrus.0.log

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, SlipSlipSlip1 said:

can someone tell me from which mod is the outfit from the thumbnail?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/84554

4 hours ago, xyzfs said:

Will the mod work only with collars from those plugins or with any lockable collar? Will it work, for instance, with Pet Collar? Will it work with Unforgiving Devices mod?

Strictly speaking, this mod looks for the keyword "zad_DeviousCollar". Any collars from external mods with this keyword will work.

4 hours ago, xyzfs said:

Looking forward to it, can I offer you any kind of help?

Since real-time chat on Discord is more efficient over forum thread messages for long communications, I typically upload betas on ponzi's Discord server. If you want to, you can join and pass me your handle under the #licenses-bmle channel. I'll ping you for future betas (no ETA). You're free to test betas and contribute any code suggestions once the beta is out.

3 hours ago, Dez65 said:

For the first time since I started using your mod, I realized that, while the PC has been stopped for curfew violations and magic violations, she'd never been stopped for Bikini armor violations.  

Ah, that's my mistake. Looking at your image with the console open, I can see no valid keywords under the KeywordConfiscation array. The reason nothing is being confiscated is that my current code makes the Bikini License feature dependent on the Armor License feature. For what's relevant to your desired effect, my script takes in potential violations based on Clothing License and Armor License, and then filters based on Bikini License. Plus, there's the fact that the Bikini License confers Clothing License privileges. 

In other words, the Bikini License in 1.15.0 won't function at all if Armor License isn't enabled. For now, you should enable the Armor License feature and just set the cost to a high number. I'm looking into my script to see what I can change. Edit: I'll change the wording of this feature in the next update, keep filter logic as is, but remove Clothing Violation immunity from Bikini Licenses.

3 hours ago, Dez65 said:

As a side question, do you think there's any problem with changing from Baka's version to NG mid-game?

No idea. If Resaver doesn't show any issues, you should be good. Though I'd personally avoid changing that sort of stuff mid-game.

Edited by Nuascura