11 hours ago, zittonⅡ said:

Yes, I have. The reason of why these guards take a trouble to me  is in this task, the game get all of PC‘s items enforced. So I didn't get the licenses during to I finished the task. I used the console code left there to whiterun, the guards never take any troubles to me. 

Sorry, I don't believe I understand your reply. Still, after re-reading your initial message, I believe the issue is that the following occurred:

1. You were transported to Sheogorath's realm, thus removing your Life Insurance and Magic License

2. A violation was detected with LOS disabled

3. When transporting back to Tamriel, Blue Palace, Violation Check again activated before BMLE could process that you had valid licenses on-hand

My theory here should be sound, especially if you can't replicate your issue by simply starting in a new character save and messing within Whiterun city. Unfortunately, there's not much I can do here except if you were to wait for a bit within that Blue Palace wing before exiting, so that BMLE can properly process your player status.

7 hours ago, Anunya said:

Is there somewhere I can see what the list of possible punishment restrictive devices are (Limited, Standard, Restrictive). I can sort of guess, but it'd be nice to to know for sure :)

You can find the lists under the BM_API_DD.psc script file.

1 hour ago, Nuascura said:

Sorry, I don't believe I understand your reply. Still, after re-reading your initial message, I believe the issue is that the following occurred:

1. You were transported to Sheogorath's realm, thus removing your Life Insurance and Magic License

2. A violation was detected with LOS disabled

3. When transporting back to Tamriel, Blue Palace, Violation Check again activated before BMLE could process that you had valid licenses on-hand

My theory here should be sound, especially if you can't replicate your issue by simply starting in a new character save and messing within Whiterun city. Unfortunately, there's not much I can do here except if you were to wait for a bit within that Blue Palace wing before exiting, so that BMLE can properly process your player status.

Yes, that is what I mean. 

17 minutes ago, zittonⅡ said:

Yes, that is what I mean. 

If that’s the case, you can also enable LOS detection. That’ll pause Violation Checks until you’re detected by a valid NPC. This will make checks more accurate.

I actually played through this quest a couple days ago. Only real issue for me was my Travel Violation since I’ve scripted it as a persistent violation - but still, not too hard to live with.

Hi, I'm having problems with initializing the mod, when I open MCM and initialize it, close the menu and open it again, the only thing I can do is initialize it again. After digging through papyrus logs I've found this error (accompanied by the warning):

[04/05/2024 - 04:31:15PM] error: bm_licenses_utility.Licenses_State() being called on an invalid object, aborting function call
stack:
    [BM_Licenses_MCM (FE073813)].bm_licenses_mcm.OnConfigOpen() - "BM_Licenses_MCM.psc" Line 267
    [BM_Licenses_MCM (FE073813)].bm_licenses_mcm.OpenConfig() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 834
    [SKI_ConfigManagerInstance (1B000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnModSelect() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line 140
[04/05/2024 - 04:31:15PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp16"
stack:
    [BM_Licenses_MCM (FE073813)].bm_licenses_mcm.OnConfigOpen() - "BM_Licenses_MCM.psc" Line 267
    [BM_Licenses_MCM (FE073813)].bm_licenses_mcm.OpenConfig() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 834
    [SKI_ConfigManagerInstance (1B000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnModSelect() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line 140

Any idea what is it and what can be done about it?

Edited by StrandedMind
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, StrandedMind said:

bm_licenses_utility

Looks like this quest doesn’t exist in your game, or the quest property isn’t correctly attached to my MCM script via the ESP, which is bizarre. Utility is properly flagged to start on new game, and I’ve never seen your issue before.

Try this:

stopquest bm_licenses_utility

startquest bm_licenses_utility

Then, initialize Licenses via the MCM again.

While outside the game, make sure nothing is overwriting Licenses’ files. Make sure nothing (script or ESP) from an older version remains after updating. I struggle to imagine what else could lead to such an issue.

Edit: Some additional notes:
1. "Licenses_State" is a boolean property, not a function. I've never made it a function.

2. I tested initializing Licenses after manually stopping BM_Licenses_Utility quest, but this popped no errors in my papyrus log.

The above lead me to the belief that "invalid object" refers to "bm_licenses_utility" in your log. And, since I haven't touched anything related to these properties for a long time, and since I'm able to properly initialize 1.15.1 on a new game on my own setup, I have to stress that you ensure your install is "clean" - as in, nothing is interfering with Licenses as indicated by your mod manager.

You can also run this command: showquestvars BM_Licenses_MCM

Scroll to find the following line:

:: bmlUtility_var = BM_Licenses_Utility (FE09491B)

output may vary depending on your load order. If bmlUtility_var is linked to nothing, that could mean that something is interfering with the plugin (Licenses.esp).

At worst, install Licenses in isolation and see if that'll work for you; remove everything else that's unrelated. Remove all Licenses patches, too.

Edited by Nuascura

By disabling all modlist but requirements I managed to get the mod working, so after that I started looking for conflicting mod(s). The result, to say the least, is interesting.
Enabling SexLabAroused.esm from OSL Aroused without enabling SexLab.esm (SexLabAroused.esm doesn't state SexLab.esm as it's master btw and can be enabled without it) caused the issue.
Didn't test anything but initializing the mod yet...

Edited by StrandedMind
35 minutes ago, StrandedMind said:

By disabling all modlist but requirements I managed to get the mod working, so after that I started looking for conflicting mod(s). The result, to say the least, is interesting.
Enabling SexLabAroused.esm from OSL Aroused without enabling SexLab.esm (SexLabAroused.esm doesn't state SexLab.esm as it's master btw and can be enabled without it) caused the issue.
Didn't test anything but initializing the mod yet...

Very interesting. I’ll repeat my story again, where I improperly downgraded from Skyrim .1130 to .640. SKSE for .640 launched correctly, and my mods for .640 seemed to work fine, but DDNG’s .dll interfered with Licenses’ MCM. Normal DD’s .dll didn’t invoke any issue. I had to redownload Skyrim .640 depots to make everything work properly again.

Sometimes, you just have these insidiously hidden issues.

Mod Development Update

Hi all. Mod update frequency is either plateauing or stalling for the time being (which is a good and beneficial thing, as you’ll see).

There are three reasons: firstly, I no longer frequently see bugs in my own play-testing; secondly, I’ve finally decided to play Skyrim’s quests properly (in fact, I’d just finished all three main quest lines); finally, I need to make more time for some real life items. 

My current serious play-through has allowed me to test Licenses in-depth since version 1.15.0. As I don’t see any more hard issues, especially since 1.15.1, I feel confident that Licenses can now be a permanent fixture in your setups. 

This new stage in Licenses’ lifecycle is important primarily because we can ensure that any future bugs (separate from usability issues) are more than likely due to new changes rather than the core Licenses we have now.

im getting a weird bug where the mod is constantly firing. I have 4 guards all constantly following me telling me traveling is prohibited without a license. I go throug the dialogue encounter, but they dont leave and immedieatley do a force greet with the same line and warning. went on for 15 minutes before i grew tired of waiting to see if it sorted itself out. not sure whats happening and reseting the mods events didnt fix it....

4 hours ago, lightspeed77 said:

im getting a weird bug where the mod is constantly firing. I have 4 guards all constantly following me telling me traveling is prohibited without a license. I go throug the dialogue encounter, but they dont leave and immedieatley do a force greet with the same line and warning. went on for 15 minutes before i grew tired of waiting to see if it sorted itself out. not sure whats happening and reseting the mods events didnt fix it....

I need the following:

1. A consistently reproducible step-by-step process to follow from new character creation

2. A papyrus log with Licenses Log Traces enabled that logs the scenario(s) in which your issue occurs

3. Your exported settings.json

OOIC, assuming that you are not supposed to run both 1.9 and so on AND 1.15 together, is the change in esp names in 1.15 really intentional?

Basically it seems to mean that a straightforward overwrite in MO2 is no longer possible, as you end up with 4 esps (when running Bruma) and if you deactivate 1.9, then the game complains on start up that the BM_ esps are missing

I can fairly easily remove 1.9, start the game, save, clean with Resaver and restart with 1.15, but unless there is some techie reason for this, it seems a long way to go about it, and maybe add a few more risks too

Mainly, I'm just asking in case the info is of use to others who may also have been scratching their heads a bit 🙂

DQW

13 hours ago, DonQuiWho said:

I can fairly easily remove 1.9, start the game, save, clean with Resaver and restart with 1.15, but unless there is some techie reason for this, it seems a long way to go about it, and maybe add a few more risks too

The plugin names were changed for consistency with the mod's actual name and MCM menu name. None of the formIDs have changed.

If you really want to preserve a game, you can technically use xEdit to simply change the names of the 1.15 ESPs back to "BM_Licenses" where appropriate. This will allow you to more safely update that existing game. However:

1. Other mods looking for Licenses.esp will not detect your renamed plugin

2. Licenses patches require similar edits where appropriate

3. Future Licenses updates will necessitate that you rename all the plugins for each update

So that's a way to go about it. I'd personally recommend either sticking with 1.9 or cleaning your save so to upgrade to 1.15.

On 4/9/2024 at 2:15 AM, Nuascura said:

The plugin names were changed for consistency with the mod's actual name and MCM menu name. None of the formIDs have changed.

If you really want to preserve a game, you can technically use xEdit to simply change the names of the 1.15 ESPs back to "BM_Licenses" where appropriate. This will allow you to more safely update that existing game. However:

1. Other mods looking for Licenses.esp will not detect your renamed plugin

2. Licenses patches require similar edits where appropriate

3. Future Licenses updates will necessitate that you rename all the plugins for each update

So that's a way to go about it. I'd personally recommend either sticking with 1.9 or cleaning your save so to upgrade to 1.15.

Thanks for the reply

I couldn't quite get my head around it initially, but assumed there was some good reason, and those make for a lot more sense now, both as to the why and the where from now

I'll go with the 1.15 upgrade route, basically as I am now beginning to find SLS SSE a bit of a struggle, both for lack of consistency and some seemingly deprecated functionality

EDIT: For anyone else thinking of doing this, in my MO2 installation, I removed version 1.9, saved, cleaned the new save with Resaver, started the game again, saved, added in 1.15.1, restarted, and it all worked smoothly.  So there is a reasonable chance you should be OK doing this

Look forward to seeing how this goes, especially in conjunction with other 'similar family' mods

So thanks for all your efforts

DQW

Edited by DonQuiWho

Decided to hop over to SE from LE, take 3 or something.  I wasn't able to figure out downgrading to 1.5.97 due to downgrade patcher being caput.  So I'm on AE w/ all the newest updates.  This mod doesn't seem to recognize  Papyrus Util v4.6 - fixed

Nvm fixed that.  I'm an over tired idiot.  Although still getting a CTD talking to a guard.. so next problem probably after some long needed sleep figuring that out.

Edited by lorddenorstrus

I am not sure whether I am right, but it seems to be impossible to renew licenses before they have expired, isn't it? At least the guards tell me that I have all required licenses when I try to purchase new licenses before the old ones have expired.

The issue I have is that I always get fined (money or bounty, depending on the MCM setting) when trying to renew expired licenses (for example at the moment I have a cursed magic collar, so removing every offending items before talking to a guard is not possible).

Maybe adding an option to renew licenses for example during a period of two days before they expire would be helpful?

42 minutes ago, Gudulba said:

I am not sure whether I am right, but it seems to be impossible to renew licenses before they have expired, isn't it? At least the guards tell me that I have all required licenses when I try to purchase new licenses before the old ones have expired.

The issue I have is that I always get fined (money or bounty, depending on the MCM setting) when trying to renew expired licenses (for example at the moment I have a cursed magic collar, so removing every offending items before talking to a guard is not possible).

Maybe adding an option to renew licenses for example during a period of two days before they expire would be helpful?

Well, what exactly are you getting fined for? What's the specific License Violation you incurred?

Realistically, since a couple versions ago, what you've described isn't a hard issue in any way. That is, unless you haven't updated at all.

The First Time Violation features I implemented effectively protect you from Gold Fines if the necessary violation correction step isn't something you can do on your own - if you need a Magic Curse or a Collar. If you have trouble abiding by license rules after a license has recently expired, the quick and easy step just as everyone has done all along is to make sure you're following the rules before talking to the guard or walking into a settlement. It's just that simple.

License Renewal is a feature on the docket.

6 hours ago, Nuascura said:

Well, what exactly are you getting fined for? What's the specific License Violation you incurred?

Realistically, since a couple versions ago, what you've described isn't a hard issue in any way. That is, unless you haven't updated at all.

The First Time Violation features I implemented effectively protect you from Gold Fines if the necessary violation correction step isn't something you can do on your own - if you need a Magic Curse or a Collar. If you have trouble abiding by license rules after a license has recently expired, the quick and easy step just as everyone has done all along is to make sure you're following the rules before talking to the guard or walking into a settlement. It's just that simple.

License Renewal is a feature on the docket.

Thank you for your prompt reply! I use the latest 1.15.1 version.

The guard mentioned something along the line "...junk you are wearing". Unfortunately in this specific case, I have no chance to follow the rules (license for magic items activated et.al): my PC is wearing an unremovable magic collar, which was put on by another mod (Sex Slaves aka Mia's Lair). -> therefore my idea regarding the renewal option before expiring.

I might have to add: most (not all) of the activated licenses (including for magic) were shown as "Invalid", but all (including the invalid ones) showed several hundred remaining hours. Could that have been caused by swimming (damage by swimming option is enabeld)?

Edited by Gudulba
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Gudulba said:

Thank you for your prompt reply! I use the latest 1.15.1 version.

The guard mentioned something along the line "...junk you are wearing". Unfortunately in this specific case, I have no chance to follow the rules (license for magic items activated et.al): my PC is wearing an unremovable magic collar, which was put on by another mod (Sex Slaves aka Mia's Lair). -> therefore my idea regarding the renewal option before expiring.

I might have to add: most (not all) of the activated licenses (including for magic) were shown as "Invalid", but all (including the invalid ones) showed several hundred remaining hours. Could that have been caused by swimming (damage by swimming option is enabeld)?

I appreciate your willingness to work with me. But, like with your first reply, it’s hard to “investigate”, so to say, with any appropriate amount of certainty because I don’t have any context.

What licenses did you buy? Thus, what licenses were damaged via swimming, where relevant to this Armor Violation issue? Did you enable the Cursed Collar or did you enable the Collar Exemption feature?

Yes, a timer would be present near an Invalid notice if you are in an active license cycle but have lost the respective license book item.

All I can otherwise say is that your mentioned issue won’t be solved by a renewal feature - this workaround, even if it appears to solve your issue, does not qualify as a fix. We need to consider all logic bases and outcomes here.

I would recommend you disable the Collar Exemption feature and/or set Curse source to Spell. Licenses’ modularity is so you can guard yourself against issues outside of my control, such as in this scenario.

If you’ve got another issue that isn’t fixed by my recommendation above, send the following:

1. replication process from new character save

2. Papyrus log with Log Traces enabled, logging only replication process game session

3. exported Settings.json

——————————

Edit: Alternatively, if the issue is that the unremovable collar is inciting an Armor Violation in isolation, open the origin mod with xEdit and lmk its keywords.

Edited by Nuascura

i have a problem, i am playing the skyrim AE version 1.6.640 and use licenses version 1.13.0 wich i want to say before, my problem is the only license that is traced is magik, means i have to get a magika curse but i can walk in heavy armor without a license and no one cares, may the problem be i do not have latest skyrim or could it be something else

On 4/18/2024 at 6:38 PM, Nuascura said:

I appreciate your willingness to work with me. But, like with your first reply, it’s hard to “investigate”, so to say, with any appropriate amount of certainty because I don’t have any context.

What licenses did you buy? Thus, what licenses were damaged via swimming, where relevant to this Armor Violation issue? Did you enable the Cursed Collar or did you enable the Collar Exemption feature?

Yes, a timer would be present near an Invalid notice if you are in an active license cycle but have lost the respective license book item.

All I can otherwise say is that your mentioned issue won’t be solved by a renewal feature - this workaround, even if it appears to solve your issue, does not qualify as a fix. We need to consider all logic bases and outcomes here.

I would recommend you disable the Collar Exemption feature and/or set Curse source to Spell. Licenses’ modularity is so you can guard yourself against issues outside of my control, such as in this scenario.

If you’ve got another issue that isn’t fixed by my recommendation above, send the following:

1. replication process from new character save

2. Papyrus log with Log Traces enabled, logging only replication process game session

3. exported Settings.json

——————————

Edit: Alternatively, if the issue is that the unremovable collar is inciting an Armor Violation in isolation, open the origin mod with xEdit and lmk its keywords.

I appreciate your patience 🙂

I think there were several issues at play:

1) I indeed lost licenses and I wasn't aware of that. Therefore I was surprised when I was stopped by the guards.

2) I thought the "V_" clothing items as shown below were only clothing. While in reality it seems they have armor keywords added (my license settings require a license for armor, but not for clothing).

Spoiler

image.png.66fc278cc40fbbc15f050a46f0f53aeb.png

image.png.038f45b47b2b49364352275be20fe745.png

3) This unremovable collar (added by Mia's Liar aka Sex Slaves) doesn't seem to be recognized as a valid collar by Licenses  (my license settings require a license for collar exemption). Does that make sense according to theses keywords?

Spoiler

image.png.32358f2f58f53f3e4cdf78743cf4fbad.png

9 hours ago, Gudulba said:

I appreciate your patience 🙂

I think there were several issues at play:

1) I indeed lost licenses and I wasn't aware of that. Therefore I was surprised when I was stopped by the guards.

2) I thought the "V_" clothing items as shown below were only clothing. While in reality it seems they have armor keywords added (my license settings require a license for armor, but not for clothing).

Hide contents

image.png.66fc278cc40fbbc15f050a46f0f53aeb.png

image.png.038f45b47b2b49364352275be20fe745.png

3) This unremovable collar (added by Mia's Liar aka Sex Slaves) doesn't seem to be recognized as a valid collar by Licenses  (my license settings require a license for collar exemption). Does that make sense according to theses keywords?

Hide contents

image.png.32358f2f58f53f3e4cdf78743cf4fbad.png

Ah, there we go! Those screenshots help.

If you disabled Clothing License but enabled Armor License, Licenses will only check for armor items tagged with VendorItemArmor. The only other way to still restrict clothes is to enable the Bikini License.

As for the collar, Licenses only checks for DD collars. If I remember correctly, Licenses goes for an either or situation: Either DD recognizes the collar or Licenses finds the zad_DeviousCollar keyword. You can double-check under the BM_API_DD.psc script. In any case, I'd say the collar isn't tagged correctly per DD conventions, which you can verify against other DD collar items in xEdit.

On 4/19/2024 at 4:57 AM, Dragon4sex said:

i have a problem, i am playing the skyrim AE version 1.6.640 and use licenses version 1.13.0 wich i want to say before, my problem is the only license that is traced is magik, means i have to get a magika curse but i can walk in heavy armor without a license and no one cares, may the problem be i do not have latest skyrim or could it be something else

Switch to 1.15.1 and see if your issue remains.

Would it be possible to add a dialogue branch that when getting caught would allow my PC to buy a license at that moment? It's pretty annoying having to unequip the armor/weapon etc. when buying a license because of the autogreet.

On 4/5/2024 at 7:21 AM, Nuascura said:

I'm not a modder so I don't know how these things work, but would I be correct to assume that the .psc file is used to generate a corresponding pex file, so that the pex file is a compiled 'version' of the psc file (simplified: 'psc = recipe, pex = resultant system behaviour')?

I'm wondering if I'd get in trouble if I were to modify my local version of the psc file and then proceed to reinstall the mod with the new psc file version (with modified if statements ruling out restraints I don't like).

Obviously I'd be on my own if this caused problems for me, I'm mostly just wondering if it's actually potentially as easy as that to change the behavior logic of the mod. If it is, then I'd be tempted trying out doing something like that, but if it's more involved than that and might cause problems, due to a lot of dependencies I might be unaware of or something like that, then I probably won't bother.