Does anyone know how to reset the SPECIAL stats? For whatever reason my perception has dropped to 2(-) and won't go back up to the original 6.

I don't have any effects listed in effects that would explain the -4 loss, so I am at a loss (pun intended)

I've tried clean saving, disabling all the mods that may have caused this, but it remains the same.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

The only recent updates I've used which may have caused the problem are Pregnancy' date=' the new SexoutNG, Tryout and Sewer Slave.

Just in case anyone else using these has had similar problems.

[/quote']

NG doesn't affect any SPECIAL stats itself directly.

Rapers and BrutalRapers can through drug use during rape, but that's a core game mechanic.

Tryout doesn't modify any of them to my knowledge.

Pregnancy and SewerSlave might, I'm not sure.

NG doesn't affect any SPECIAL stats itself directly.

Rapers and BrutalRapers can through drug use during rape' date=' but that's a core game mechanic.

Tryout doesn't modify any of them to my knowledge.

Pregnancy and SewerSlave might, I'm not sure.

[/quote']

As far as I am aware, the pregnancy plugin has the most chance to alter these in the form of pills. Bun-x and others I think have a perception drop, perhaps these are stacking in some way?

SewerSlave would be the next one, as the 'ghoul pheromones' I think decreases perception by 3. My only problem is that it was only when I recently updated my plugins (I must have done three at the same time, all of which I have mentioned above) that this started happening.

This makes it hard to track down, especially as the effects section of the stats doesn't show any effect that would result in such a change, it just shows perception 2(-) in my SPECIAL stats.

I have some console commands which may be of help to those also experiencing this problem:

open console, and type

showtraitmenu

or

player.modav perception 5 or -5 and the variable, so to increase perception by 5 it would be

player.modav perception 5

These are cheats but are ways of getting around this problem until the bug is found. Using the cheat will disable achievements for that particular session, so save the game, exit the game, reload and proceed from there.

You can try to track it down by disabling all but one of the mods and then just play for a while and see if it happens again. If not' date=' disable that mod, switch to the next one.

As you've mentioned, I'd try pregnancy and sewerslave first, in no particular order.

[/quote']

I've tried disabling all mods, it's still there. I don't see what could possibly have caused such a drastic change.

My only save that works is one that's nearly forty saves back, the one 'clean' one I have before I installed any of the mods. All the other ones after that have a strange drop in perception. I will use the console to get it back to normal, but its annoying having a (-) sign next to it, especially as I don't know now how the game will calculate this stat in the future.

You can try to track it down by disabling all but one of the mods and then just play for a while and see if it happens again. If not' date=' disable that mod, switch to the next one.

As you've mentioned, I'd try pregnancy and sewerslave first, in no particular order.

[/quote']

I've tried disabling all mods, it's still there. I don't see what could possibly have caused such a drastic change.

My only save that works is one that's nearly forty saves back, the one 'clean' one I have before I installed any of the mods. All the other ones after that have a strange drop in perception. I will use the console to get it back to normal, but its annoying having a (-) sign next to it, especially as I don't know now how the game will calculate this stat in the future.

Well yeah, unloading the mods won't fix it. The - should only be from effects that are active tnough, so disabling all the mods including sexout.esm should remove that part at least.

Try this in the console and tell me what it says:

player.GetActorValueInfo

If it's too much to see, do this first:

SCOF "console.txt"

Then all the console junk will be dumped to console.txt in the FNV dir.

Well yeah' date=' unloading the mods won't fix it. The - should only be from effects that are active tnough, so disabling all the mods including sexout.esm should remove that part at least.

player.GetActorValueInfo

SCOF "console.txt"

[/quote']

I feel like I have missed out something painfully obvious from your instructions, but this is what I got. Typing:

player.GetActorValueInfo

resulted in:

SCRIPTS: Script 'SysWindowCompileAndRun', line 2

Missing parameter Actor Value

Compiled Script Not Saved

?

Thanks for helping me btw!

Well yeah' date=' unloading the mods won't fix it. The - should only be from effects that are active tnough, so disabling all the mods including sexout.esm should remove that part at least.

player.GetActorValueInfo

SCOF "console.txt"

[/quote']

I feel like I have missed out something painfully obvious from your instructions, but this is what I got. Typing:

player.GetActorValueInfo

resulted in:

SCRIPTS: Script 'SysWindowCompileAndRun', line 2

Missing parameter Actor Value

Compiled Script Not Saved

?

Thanks for helping me btw!

Errrr ok.. :)

You need to put the actual stat name where it says ""

Like player.GetActorValueInfo Luck

I tried perception but it gave me the same result.

You made a typo somewhere.

Should look something like this

SCOF "per.txt"

SetConsoleOutputFilename >> 'per.txt'

player.getavinfo perception

GetActorValueInfo: Perception on Wyoming

...Current Value: 7.00 Computed Base: 7.00 

...Base Value components:

......Reference Base Value: 6.00 

......SetAV override: 7.00

...Modifiers: Temp: 0.00 Perm: 0.00 Damage: 0.00

...Level-up Value: 7.00

It actually doesn't' date=' you probably just spelled it wrong the first time. All of the geck/scripts/console are case insensitive. ;)

Try this in the console:

player.DispelAllSpells[/quote']

Oh, ok. Tried it, other than getting a 'Player no longer well rested' message, the stat remains the same 2(-)

How persistent.

It actually doesn't' date=' you probably just spelled it wrong the first time. All of the geck/scripts/console are case insensitive. ;)

Try this in the console:

player.DispelAllSpells[/quote']

Oh, ok. Tried it, other than getting a 'Player no longer well rested' message, the stat remains the same 2(-)

How persistent.

I'll double check BunX etc, but they should only be using the default "Reduce Perception" effects, I'll check the contra ceptive withdrawal effect tooo just in case.

Thanks Halstrom, I've noticed some of the pills when used get me back to 3(-) but I cannot locate the source the loss of perception.

Do Shaken Nuka Cola/Sarsasparilla douches have negative perception effects? I have had like 10-15 at a time lately trying to get rid of all that... filth.

I've also noticed sometimes it says on the console temp 4, and sometimes both temp 4 and perm 4, so not sure why it keeps changing either.

I would be grateful for any further help.

Haven't we run into this before with a different mod somewhere...? Where the spell was set to Damage rather than Reduce... or the other way around?

Yeah... it was SexoutLust that had that happen. http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=2417&pid=44282#pid44282

Time to trawl the various plugins and see which is the culprit...

RestoreAV might work..

player.restoreav perception 4

But it does sound like something might have used ForceAV when it meant to use ModAV.

Haven't we run into this before with a different mod somewhere...? Where the spell was set to Damage rather than Reduce... or the other way around?

Yeah... it was SexoutLust that had that happen. http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=2417&pid=44282#pid44282

Time to trawl the various plugins and see which is the culprit...

Thanks!

RestoreAV might work..

But it does sound like something might have used ForceAV when it meant to use ModAV.

Damn! Tried that too and it stays at 4' date=' what the hell? A console command resistant bug?

I checked all my stuff, the only thing I found was fertility drug was set to 1 day duration, I 've shortened it back and others till I get a proper timed script effects system happening.

Thanks Halstrom. I'm at a loss here, one day she wakes up and bam -4 perception. I'm downloading your new version anyway.

RestoreAV might work..

Damn! Tried that too and it stays at 4' date=' what the hell? A console command resistant bug?

[/quote']

If some mod used ForceAV, it's basically impossible to fix the problem. I'm just confused because I don't think ForceAV shows up as 'temp' in GetAVInfo.

No scripts should ever use SetAV or ForceAV on the player, they should ONLY use ModAV, DamageAV and RestoreAV.

I have one more thing that might fix this, but it's going to take a minute.. making a custom ESP for you.

The ones that say 'perm' could be ones where you did your 'fix' via the console.

In any case, try the attached ESP.

Just load it up, it will display a message when it's done. Run "player.getavinfo perception" after that and see if the temp -4 has gone away.

If it has, save, and then repeat on another save that has a -4 TEMP modifier -- this one should not affect any of the 'perm' modifier values. We'll save that for the next step, if it's needed at all.

I take no responsibility for what this is going to do if you don't check getavinfo before you save, especially if you save over the top of an old save. :)