Trails into Reverie (NIS America, English Language release)

On 9/13/2023 at 7:10 AM, Mrbezos said:

Beautiful work. Do you have your nude mod in PKG format for Alyssa and Juna also? 

Yep, all female characters have been completed, and most of them have a costume transferred from DOA.

Spoiler

image.png.05b7ca6b82fb9cf9cf49772c3dc2713c.pngimage.png.83266c672ba281bc8be9d506eec12d32.png

I have to say, sometimes when transferring DOA costumes, I find myself questioning life choices. Why did I choose to transfer these complicated outfits?  Although in the end, they turn out pretty well.

(For example, the DOA costumes for three characters: Renne/Noel, Seeker/Musse. It practically takes a whole day to get them right.)

*Musse's outfit was initially used to test the limits of MOD playability, and you'll notice a semi-transparent effect on the right side of her clothes. I can say that amorrow28's programming skills are excellent, allowing me to experiment like this.

Edited by mercury_D
6 hours ago, mercury_D said:

Yep, all female characters have been completed, and most of them have a costume transferred from DOA.

Hide contents

image.png.05b7ca6b82fb9cf9cf49772c3dc2713c.pngimage.png.83266c672ba281bc8be9d506eec12d32.png

I have to say, sometimes when transferring DOA costumes, I find myself questioning life choices. Why did I choose to transfer these complicated outfits?  Although in the end, they turn out pretty well.

(For example, the DOA costumes for three characters: Renne/Noel, Seeker/Musse. It practically takes a whole day to get them right.)

*Musse's outfit was initially used to test the limits of MOD playability, and you'll notice a semi-transparent effect on the right side of her clothes. I can say that amorrow28's programming skills are excellent, allowing me to experiment like this.

I absoultely love these outfits and bodies man! Seriously amazing job!

Never question yourself because yer doing God's work!

Would love to use them when they are released.

Also if possible please try to replace them over obscure outfits that havent been modded yet. DLC version would be the best option but i think that would require a lot of effort.

Edited by tigers
On 9/14/2023 at 6:57 AM, mercury_D said:

Reveal hidden contents

Is this released or not yet?  I couldn't find it in the original post.

1 hour ago, ishtarfan1 said:

Does anyone have link on how to import kuro dlc costume to reverie format? I've been seeing a guy on twitter modding Judith's swimsuits on Sara and Vita... and it's making me jealous and I want to try do that. Or do I just basically import kuro dlc costumes into blender and customize?

I'm pretty sure he's on the modding discord...  ask him directly?

Here's a little something to inspire those who are interested in creating mods.

When I saw Angelica's scarf swaying, it hit me like a lightbulb moment - I thought of a DOA outfit that could possibly match it perfectly, and bam!

Spoiler

image.jpeg.41783c6ffa9ce696ad8b2aa3c3f3f521.jpeg

Edited by mercury_D
5 hours ago, mercury_D said:

When I saw Angelica's scarf swaying, it hit me like a lightbulb moment - I thought of a DOA outfit that could possibly match it perfectly, and bam!

Hide contents

Dude..... you gotta release these mods! Seriously they look so awesome!!

On 9/10/2023 at 10:13 PM, Mrbezos said:

Attached are pics of his mods. As you can see he details the vagina beautifully and the breasts have a natural weight and heft to them. I love his models but I just wish he would give the flat or smaller breasted girls the same love. I'm a fan of his work absolutely but it's understandable I was upset that the Tio mod wasn't as it was expected to be. 

PXL_20230910_232428579.jpg

PXL_20230910_232400987.jpg

PXL_20230907_003202550~2.jpg

PXL_20230910_232345231.jpg

PXL_20230910_232449504.jpg

Where can I download this Noel mod?

On 9/18/2023 at 8:03 AM, Aura2696 said:

Where can I download this Noel mod?

Page 1 of this forum. The post by user Mercury_d. His mods are great but if the girls have flat chests or small boobs he upsizes them which is disappointing. But I love the Noelle one... It's delicious. Hopefully he will upload even more characters soon. 

On 9/14/2023 at 7:57 AM, mercury_D said:

Hide contents

This is nice!  Do you happen to have Fie's nude mode in PKG?

reverie_resto_mod.png.33e22633101779f32e63a156ad430493.png

The full Trails into Reverie Restoration Project has been released!  More than 100 new costumes, in DLC format, plus new crafts, new lost arts, lots of stuff.

Download here.  Place the archive contents into your Reverie folder.  If this mod conflicts with prior mods that you have installed, please use my DLC conflict resolver.  If you need to disable a character check to activate the DLC, use this cheat table.  (For cosmetic mod only, just copy data/dlc and data/chr folders and ignore the others.)

Disclaimer: I did not make this mod. I am merely a fan.

BIGGER DISCLAIMER:  There are some potential spoilers, although the author has gone to great lengths to hide them.  Still, if you are very sensitive to spoilers then consider waiting until the end of Act II.  Do not click on the "Spoiler Content" box below until after Act IV or so (but it should be safe to install the mod basically from the beginning).

This is the continuation of the project made for CS3 and CS4 ⁠Trails of Cold Steel 4 Restoration Project. This aims at increasing Reverie's enjoyability by including:

• All S-crafts for characters from TOCS 1/2, including class 7, Sharon and others.
  • All Lost arts from CS2 are recovered, together with some others such as Ragna Vortex / Altair Cannon/ Dark Matter.
  • New crafts for Estelle: Qilingong, Comet and Phoenix Wave.
  • New crafts for Joshua: Cloak & Dagger, Evil Eye, and Sever.
  • New craft for Arios: Sakura Morning Moon, as a homage to Alan Richard, thanks to @helencromwell (Modder) .
  • 100+ previously used costumes for various characters, i.e Joshua's Black Fang and Estelle's Shining Sun.
  • Models from Kuro no Kiseki for Fie, Rixia, Renne, Towa and 1 new character.
  • Partially restored "Overdrive", exclusive for Rean/Sara and Lloyd/Rixia.
  • A revamped Brandish system to allow for almost everyone to have an aura where applicable.
  • The damage from Brandish is increased significantly to bridge the damage gap between crafts/arts.

Spoiler Content:

• Spoiler
    • Reworked Spirit Unification: The two later forms can randomly transform Rean into Ishmelga Rean, inspired by the story. In Ishmelga Form, Rean can use a mixture of crafts from him and Gilliath Osborne.
    • Blazing Demon and more: In the Blazing Demon form, Mcburn can transform once more into the Overlord form, gaining access to the crafts being used in the CS4 climax.
    • Dual Weapon ? After the decisive battle in the story, C can now change weapons between Ishnard and Zevarl, each weapon holding a different set of crafts/S-craft.
    • Ishmelga Rean, Ishnard C, Claire and Lechter can use their Anti-Orders during their turns.

If you would like to ask questions about the mod or ask for support, please join the Kiseki Modding Discord.  The direct link for this mod thread is here.

Edited by amorrow28
7 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

The full Trails into Reverie Restoration Project has been released!  More than 100 new costumes, in DLC format, plus new crafts, new lost arts, lots of stuff.

Download here.  Place the archive contents into your Reverie folder.  If this mod conflicts with prior mods that you have installed, please use my DLC conflict resolver.  If you need to disable a character check to activate the DLC, use this cheat table.  (For cosmetic mod only, just copy data/dlc and data/chr folders and ignore the others.)

BIGGER DISCLAIMER:  There are some potential spoilers, although the author has gone to great lengths to hide them.  Still, if you are very sensitive to spoilers then consider waiting until the end of Act II.  Do not click on the "Spoiler Content" box below until after Act IV or so (but it should be safe to install the mod basically from the beginning).

If you would like to ask questions about the mod or ask for support, please join the Kiseki Modding Discord.  The direct link for this mod thread is here.

Hooray for Estelle having more than two crafts!

On 7/13/2023 at 9:40 AM, amorrow28 said:

alfin_reverie.png.4a0942f1aadfd2d3718b9313effbc690.png

Photo credit: @Whayameen - check out his amazing work here!

This topic is for the NIS America release of Trails into Reverie.  Separate topic for Clouded Leopard release (Asian Languages) is here.

Mods:

Save game files:

Cheat Engine:

Screenshots:

Tutorials:

I just looked over the model swapping/injecting tutorial on Github. What are C_EQU306.pkg and C_EQU307.pkg, and how did you know to swap those? I have never injected files with names like that. Maybe that is why my injection attempts usually have some weird behavior.

16 minutes ago, Mrbezos said:

Are the preview pics for all the costumes? Does it include nudes? 

No, there are way too many costumes to post pictures of all of them.  And there are no nudes, this is cross-posted from discord.  As the name implies, this mod restores costumes from prior Cold Steel games (and Tokyo Xanadu), so really is focused on the original CS1/CS2 cast (old Class VII, etc).  It's an awesome mod, try it out!

3 hours ago, NotAZebra said:

I just looked over the model swapping/injecting tutorial on Github. What are C_EQU306.pkg and C_EQU307.pkg, and how did you know to swap those? I have never injected files with names like that. Maybe that is why my injection attempts usually have some weird behavior.

C_EQU306 is Towa's Hat, and C_EQU307 is Altina's Askew Travel Hat.  ?

Injections generally go wrong when the animations don't match the model skeleton well.  Node rotations tend to port reasonably well, but node translations and node scales fare much more poorly.  I have some scripts to ease complex animation porting, so if you are interested then we can chat, but it's a ton of work if you don't plan to permanently replace one character with another.

The other reason I have come across is that some characters have alternate hair patterns or unusual model attachments.  Elie, for example, has special hair, so it's impossible to replace her with anyone else and have it look good.  Which was annoying when I was making UnSkirt mod since I was in the prologue and only had her and Tio to replace every freaking character with...

On 9/11/2023 at 1:13 AM, Mrbezos said:

Attached are pics of his mods. As you can see he details the vagina beautifully and the breasts have a natural weight and heft to them. I love his models but I just wish he would give the flat or smaller breasted girls the same love. I'm a fan of his work absolutely but it's understandable I was upset that the Tio mod wasn't as it was expected to be. 

PXL_20230910_232428579.jpg

PXL_20230910_232400987.jpg

PXL_20230907_003202550~2.jpg

PXL_20230910_232345231.jpg

PXL_20230910_232449504.jpg

Where did you get this one?

20 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

Thank you! This is great, now this games feels complete with this. Though there are some issues I noticed.

- Emma and Gaius' S-craft are missing.

- Musse's Moulin Rogue and Penta-shot only works with Grianos Illusion, it doesn't do any damage in her normal mode.

- Joshua's Supreme Sever never finishes, I tried skipping it but it got stuck on a black screen.

I don't know if some of these are intentional choices but still this is some great work.

On 9/17/2023 at 4:48 AM, mercury_D said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hey man. So is this a large scale project you are doing for all the girls? Cuz you have shown quite a few screenshots of new outfits on the girls.

Do you plan to release them upon completion?  Cuz me and (prolly many of us) cant wait  for the pack to drop.

10 hours ago, goliath19 said:

Thank you! This is great, now this games feels complete with this. Though there are some issues I noticed.

- Emma and Gaius' S-craft are missing.

- Musse's Moulin Rogue and Penta-shot only works with Grianos Illusion, it doesn't do any damage in her normal mode.

- Joshua's Supreme Sever never finishes, I tried skipping it but it got stuck on a black screen.

I don't know if some of these are intentional choices but still this is some great work.

I let the mod author know and the issues are fixed.

Per the author:

Emma S-craft is only available during her Brave Order, and Gaius's S-craft is available during "Golden Howl". (Because they are the strongest in the game)

Edited by amorrow28