Trails into Reverie (NIS America, English Language release)

47 minutes ago, NotAZebra said:

I bet that won’t be true once I share the DLC packages someone here made of my mods.

Also, you keep astounding me by solving problems I expected would never get solved.

Yes, this patch might have been made specifically with your upcoming mod in mind lol. (That and to ease the costume restoration mod port.)

And thanks! Figuring this one out was painful but I found the code in the end.

On 8/9/2023 at 10:29 PM, emilscar said:

Is it possible to make a PKG of Laura's swimsuit with the shorts only (no swimsuit bottom) and one with the swimsuit bottom only (no shorts)?  Or with Fie's main costume, is it possible to remove the black undergarment?

I looked into this, and the problem is when I removed the shorts in blender there are no skins assets under there, and part of her swimsuit bottom is missing because the shorts where covering it up. Maybe if I had her nude package, I can merge the missing skin assets she has. I still can't figure how to add the missing pieces of the bottom swimsuit. Idk If I just add vertices and color it to something different.

7 hours ago, ishtarfan1 said:

I looked into this, and the problem is when I removed the shorts in blender there are no skins assets under there, and part of her swimsuit bottom is missing because the shorts where covering it up. Maybe if I had her nude package, I can merge the missing skin assets she has. I still can't figure how to add the missing pieces of the bottom swimsuit. Idk If I just add vertices and color it to something different.

Thanks for trying!  I tried too but I think it is very complicated.  I tried to just delete the swimsuit bottom and leave the shorts but it didn't work.  If there are any Laura and Fie mods that I'm missing let me know, can't seem to find much for those two...my favorite characters!

Edited by emilscar
4 hours ago, emilscar said:

Thanks for trying!  I tried too but I think it is very complicated.  I tried to just delete the swimsuit bottom and leave the shorts but it didn't work.  If there are any Laura and Fie mods that I'm missing let me know, can't seem to find much for those two...my favorite characters!

Fie is difficult because her mesh is very different from others. The image shows the mesh for Fie’s hip area compared to a few other meshes for the same body part. Most character models in the game look like the meshes shown for Juna (and lakovic’s first gen nudes use one of those meshes). Those meshes are more similar to Fie’s than the meshes you will find in the other nude mods are, but the differences are still great enough to be a big problem. In particular, the mesh edges on Fie’s legs are sloped upward away from the middle, while other body meshes in the game are almost perfectly horizontal.

Spoiler

FiePants2.thumb.png.9d7885896f3d8be56f64509a8aa7a851.png

I am not an expert, but I think you would probably need to use one of these difficult approaches:

1. paint your own new skin texture
  2. adjust the UV map to use an existing nude texture from an another mod
  3. use a different body mesh (and adjust vertex weights to solve lots of clipping problems)

If I were doing this (and I have tried), I would probably first try adding vertices to Fie’s mesh until I could produce something that looks more like the other meshes from the game. I might then delete the original vertices. I would then do either strategy 2 or strategy 3. For 2, it will be easier to place the UVs when you can just line then up with the UV map for another model. For 3, I would take part of the Juna mesh and splice it into the Fie mesh, join them, and then merge vertices by distance to be sure her legs have no gaps.

I just tried again. I made decent progress. Here is a pkg file to modify if you want to:

C_CHR007.pkg

But the texture file needs a lot of work:

Screenshot2023-08-1500_55_12.png.bba133d74dc5aab72ab09ae0ed9956cb.png

Edited by NotAZebra
3 hours ago, NotAZebra said:

Fie is difficult because her mesh is very different from others. The image shows the mesh for Fie’s hip area compared to a few other meshes for the same body part. Most character models in the game look like the meshes shown for Juna (and lakovic’s first gen nudes use one of those meshes). Those meshes are more similar to Fie’s than the meshes you will find in the other nude mods are, but the differences are still great enough to be a big problem. In particular, the mesh edges on Fie’s legs are sloped upward away from the middle, while other body meshes in the game are almost perfectly horizontal.

Reveal hidden contents

FiePants2.thumb.png.9d7885896f3d8be56f64509a8aa7a851.png

I am not an expert, but I think you would probably need to use one of these difficult approaches:

1. paint your own new skin texture
  2. adjust the UV map to use an existing nude texture from an another mod
  3. use a different body mesh (and adjust vertex weights to solve lots of clipping problems)

If I were doing this (and I have tried), I would probably first try adding vertices to Fie’s mesh until I could produce something that looks more like the other meshes from the game. I might then delete the original vertices. I would then do either strategy 2 or strategy 3. For 2, it will be easier to place the UVs when you can just line then up with the UV map for another model. For 3, I would take part of the Juna mesh and splice it into the Fie mesh, join them, and then merge vertices by distance to be sure her legs have no gaps.

I just tried again. I made decent progress. Here is a pkg file to modify if you want to:

C_CHR007.pkg 6.79 MB · 1 download

But the texture file needs a lot of work:

Screenshot2023-08-1500_55_12.png.bba133d74dc5aab72ab09ae0ed9956cb.png

Wow this is already great work, I just loaded it up in game.  I will try to play with it but I haven't really done any of the PKG stuff, only some dabbling with 3DMigoto tutorials.  This is pretty close.. just have to stop the little bit of skirt clipping and clean up textures.  I will try tomorrow to see what I can do ha, probably not gonna be too successful.

Thanks NotAZebra!

Anybody have (or is making) nude (body accurate) PKG mod for Nadia? She deserves the best. I'm so surprised there isn't anything for her or Lapis as there character design is really good. They make a nice deviation from every other Trails girl who is just tall and mega stacked. 

I got a long way through the PKG toolchain tutorial by amorrow28 to modify a PKG mod - I finished up with the meshes, exported it, moved all the relevant scripts etc. into the folder, but when I run build_collada.py nothing happens (I don't get the RunMe.bat to compile the final PKG) - any ideas?  I've installed / downloaded all the stuff in the tutorial, and my directory looks identical to the one in the tutorial (I have all the required files).  Could anyone help?

3 hours ago, emilscar said:

I got a long way through the PKG toolchain tutorial by amorrow28 to modify a PKG mod - I finished up with the meshes, exported it, moved all the relevant scripts etc. into the folder, but when I run build_collada.py nothing happens (I don't get the RunMe.bat to compile the final PKG) - any ideas?  I've installed / downloaded all the stuff in the tutorial, and my directory looks identical to the one in the tutorial (I have all the required files).  Could anyone help?

Try running build_collada.py from the command line with `python build_collada.py`. This will give you more meaningful output.

Detailed instructions:

Spoiler
  • Open file Explorer and navigate to the folder with python build_collada.py
  • Hold shift while right clicking in the folder
  • Select something like
    • Open command window here
    • Open PowerShell window here
    • Open Terminal here
  • At the prompt, type    python build_collada.py
  • Hit Enter
Edited by NotAZebra
20 hours ago, emilscar said:

Wow this is already great work, I just loaded it up in game.  I will try to play with it but I haven't really done any of the PKG stuff, only some dabbling with 3DMigoto tutorials.  This is pretty close.. just have to stop the little bit of skirt clipping and clean up textures.  I will try tomorrow to see what I can do ha, probably not gonna be too successful.

Thanks NotAZebra!

Please share if you get the skin texture looking better. This could be the base for many mods.

9 minutes ago, NotAZebra said:

Please share if you get the skin texture looking better. This could be the base for many mods.

Will do for sure, I haven't messed with the textures yet, just did some mesh work in blender and was trying to see if I could get it back in game, and got stuck.

1 hour ago, NotAZebra said:

Try running build_collada.py from the command line with `python build_collada.py`. This will give you more meaningful output.

Detailed instructions:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Open file Explorer and navigate to the folder with python build_collada.py
  • Hold shift while right clicking in the folder
  • Select something like
    • Open command window here
    • Open PowerShell window here
    • Open Terminal here
  • At the prompt, type    python build_collada.py
  • Hit Enter

So I just tried this and I got ModuleNotFoundError for "Numpy" - any ideas?

21 minutes ago, notactualme said:

idk what's wrong here but it's looks cool

Lol she looks like a chameleon. I use NotaZebra's PKG mods (I think) combined with user Mercury_d nude PKG mods (the nude Noel mod and Rixia nude mods). I like to combine the mods as I don't want all girls naked just some. Plus, I like the different nude body types. I've been mixing and matching so far without any issues but I just got Emma in the party and... Well, I'm not sure if it's meant to be her astral form (can't remember what that looked like in previous games) or she's just glitching out. I don't have any DLC costumes if it helps. 

Edited by Mrbezos

If you import a body mesh from another file into an existing model you have loaded in blender, how do you attach it to the model so that it moves with the body?  I'm doing this and that part of the body I imported is stuck in a T-pose in game and won't move with the character.

2 hours ago, emilscar said:

If you import a body mesh from another file into an existing model you have loaded in blender, how do you attach it to the model so that it moves with the body?  I'm doing this and that part of the body I imported is stuck in a T-pose in game and won't move with the character.

check the bone weight

image.png.9e2817e826051de035e2129b24ecbe17.png

6 hours ago, emilscar said:

Mesh transfer is one of the more tricky things to learn. It must be done correctly in order to make sure the GPU can animate it properly. I wrote a tutorial on this, here.

20 hours ago, Mrbezos said:

Lol she looks like a chameleon. I use NotaZebra's PKG mods (I think) combined with user Mercury_d nude PKG mods (the nude Noel mod and Rixia nude mods). I like to combine the mods as I don't want all girls naked just some. Plus, I like the different nude body types. I've been mixing and matching so far without any issues but I just got Emma in the party and... Well, I'm not sure if it's meant to be her astral form (can't remember what that looked like in previous games) or she's just glitching out. I don't have any DLC costumes if it helps. 

That is probably a bug in my Emma mod. I am not to a point in the game where I can see Emma to test anything yet, though.

On 8/17/2023 at 5:38 PM, NotAZebra said:

That is probably a bug in my Emma mod. I am not to a point in the game where I can see Emma to test anything yet, though.

Do you want my NG+ save file?  I've got everything cleared and have all characters basically in early NG+

On 8/17/2023 at 8:10 AM, amorrow28 said:

Mesh transfer is one of the more tricky things to learn. It must be done correctly in order to make sure the GPU can animate it properly. I wrote a tutorial on this, here.

This is wildly complicated, I feel like I may have done some of the work... could someone look at this Laura PKG and see if it's salvageable or of I need to start over?

Edited by emilscar
On 8/10/2023 at 10:48 AM, amorrow28 said:

Thanks, I like this mod quite a lot myself! ?

To answer your question, yes, theoretically any* costume mod can be made into custom DLC. There are considerations though. First, it is a non-trivial amount of extra steps to do, so many mod authors may not want to do the extra work (although I'd like to think I've made it easier with the tools I've written).

Second, the game will not use custom DLC in scripted scenes. This is the main reason I will not convert my UnSkirt mod, for example, because I want my mod to replace the costumes so that the game will load them instead of the defaults. (For another example, if towels showed up instead of nude mods with bath scenes, that would defeat the purpose.) (The other reason is because I’m lazy.)

Finally, there will be issues of conflict since each mod must have distinct ID numbers for costume file, the in-game items, and the dlc itself. This can be worked around (I haven't had a need to post it but I've written a tool that users can use to renumber conflicting DLC). Still, I’ve been here long enough to know that mod users get frustrated very easily by things like this.

So for me anyway, I plan to use this method if I make costumes that I think make sense as user-selectable, for example swimsuits for characters that do not already have them. But anyone** can turn any mod into DLC, the tutorial is linked at the first post of this thread. In fact, I saw epic preview screenshots over at the modding discord of @XanaduCSIV’s project to sort and organize together all of @NotAZebra’s dozens of mods into a giant custom DLC set - I'm very excited for that one! ??

*of course 3dmigoto mods need to be converted to pkg mods first. Even inf mods can be converted, theoretically.

**anyone except me. I do not take requests, don’t bother asking.

This is awesome! Thanks for all your work! I wonder if this could theoretically be used to add Towel costumes (or ""Towel"" costumes) to the characters that are missing them? I'm not sure how the game determines what a Towel costume is for the purposes of showing the characters in the hot springs. Or does the hot springs count as a scripted scene that won't show them?

(Not a request, just intellectual curiosity)