Trails into Reverie (NIS America, English Language release)

23 hours ago, Aura2696 said:

Help, my game instantly crashes when I try to load up a save. I don't know very well since when it became an issue, but I believe it's been like this since the update to 1.0.8. I have the following mods installed: nude & sexy mod by @lakovic, Hot Shot X and Friends by @NotAZebra, Collection of Outfits for Juna by @Mr_Phelps, Fie Short Skirt by @emilscar, and Nudes by @mercury15882.

I've already tried a clean reinstall multiple times, but since some of the mods were put as DLC, I have to reinstall them because it says that some DLC is missing (Hot Shot X and Collection of Outfits for Juna) but my game still crashes instantly when loading up a save. I've also tried moving back to 1.0.7, but it didn't work either.

26 minutes ago, NotAZebra said:

After a fresh install, which DLC packs ask to overwrite files when you install them? I had similar troubles, and found it so daunting to troubleshoot that I gave up on that save file.

I agree with @NotAZebra, that save file may be corrupted and no longer useable. Even if that is your only save, the game usually keeps up to 10 auto-saves that you can use instead.

For fans of the Restoration mod, be sure to grab the latest updates! Bug fixes etc, and recently the mod author redid a much of the animations to improve timings and fluidity etc.

Fie’s reworked Sylphid Dance:

https://streamable.com/0y47v6

Roselia can transform into true form:

https://streamable.com/n9sddh

Download at the Kiseki Modding Discord, direct link to the mod topic at my original post here.

23 hours ago, NotAZebra said:

After a fresh install, which DLC packs ask to overwrite files when you install them? I had similar troubles, and found it so daunting to troubleshoot that I gave up on that save file.

It doesn't ask me to overwrite any files which I find very odd. Even when I found a save which didn't got me the missing DLC error, it crashed as soon as it loaded. Honestly I'm in so much disbelief and saddened, I didn't realize a simple model swap could cause this much issue. Even when I start a new game my game crashes, and verifying the integrity of the game files doesn't do anything. I don't know what to do anymore. I just want to be able to play Reverie again.

I absolutely loved all the mods I installed when they worked, and since I'm not sure which is at fault here, if any, Imma hold off on installing mods on my Trails games for now lol

1 hour ago, Aura2696 said:

It doesn't ask me to overwrite any files which I find very odd. Even when I found a save which didn't got me the missing DLC error, it crashed as soon as it loaded. Honestly I'm in so much disbelief and saddened, I didn't realize a simple model swap could cause this much issue. Even when I start a new game my game crashes, and verifying the integrity of the game files doesn't do anything. I don't know what to do anymore. I just want to be able to play Reverie again.

I absolutely loved all the mods I installed when they worked, and since I'm not sure which is at fault here, if any, Imma hold off on installing mods on my Trails games for now lol

To get a fresh install, delete existing files before verifying game files. A good way to do this is to rename the game folder (then you also have a backup).

This is why I actually prefer standalone pkg files over DLCs. They are easier to troubleshoot, easier to use parts of, and much easier to uninstall.

3 hours ago, NotAZebra said:

To get a fresh install, delete existing files before verifying game files. A good way to do this is to rename the game folder (then you also have a backup).

This is why I actually prefer standalone pkg files over DLCs. They are easier to troubleshoot, easier to use parts of, and much easier to uninstall.

Yup, Imma try that. It's true that i used pkg files way before the DLC packs, and they worked just fine. It's a bit more tedious putting them in the game manually, but taking the easy way cost me hard. Lesson learned

6 hours ago, Aura2696 said:

Yup, Imma try that. It's true that i used pkg files way before the DLC packs, and they worked just fine. It's a bit more tedious putting them in the game manually, but taking the easy way cost me hard. Lesson learned

Did a fresh install, 

7 hours ago, Aura2696 said:

Clean install didn't work. So I'll try one last resort, purging my entire save folder which I figured out where it is. I'll keep a backup just in case but I'll just accept for now that the entire thing is corrupted and must wipe the slate clean. I'm sorry if I'm clogging the thread with my issue but I'd like to keep it around if anyone else comes across the same catastrophic mess that occurred to my Reverie game.

20 hours ago, Aura2696 said:

Theoretically, if you uninstall all mods (including those containing DLC), you should be able to load an archive that does not contain any DLC. It is recommended that you try a few more archives.

On 10/12/2023 at 9:18 AM, Aura2696 said:

Did a fresh install, 

Clean install didn't work. So I'll try one last resort, purging my entire save folder which I figured out where it is. I'll keep a backup just in case but I'll just accept for now that the entire thing is corrupted and must wipe the slate clean. I'm sorry if I'm clogging the thread with my issue but I'd like to keep it around if anyone else comes across the same catastrophic mess that occurred to my Reverie game.

Oh my god, finally! I ironed out the issue. I feel so dumb and guilty for suspecting one of the mods I installed. Turns out it was a driver issue, as I'm using an old one since another game I love doesn't like the newest nvidia drivers, Koikatsu. And since their studio shut down, I don't expect it will be updated anytime soon. All I had to do was clean reinstall the driver, maybe something got messed up in the newest Reverie update I don't know, because my other modded Trails games ran just fine. My saves are just fine and all the mods work incredible.

Anyways, glad I got that out of the way, and now I can keep happily modding with you all. 

Edited by Aura2696
On 10/8/2023 at 1:17 AM, HIFL123163 said:

Going into reverie resets the outfits sometimes where if something is overlapping going into floor one fixes it for me. Emma's costumes were overlapping but once I did that it was fixed so try that, in the garden the costumes start to glitch until you go into a floor.

Were you able to fix the lakovic mod issues?

On 9/22/2023 at 12:34 PM, amorrow28 said:

reverie_resto_mod.png.33e22633101779f32e63a156ad430493.png

The full Trails into Reverie Restoration Project has been released!  More than 100 new costumes, in DLC format, plus new crafts, new lost arts, lots of stuff.

Download here.  Place the archive contents into your Reverie folder.  If this mod conflicts with prior mods that you have installed, please use my DLC conflict resolver.  If you need to disable a character check to activate the DLC, use this cheat table.  (For cosmetic mod only, just copy data/dlc and data/chr folders and ignore the others.)

Disclaimer: I did not make this mod. I am merely a fan.

BIGGER DISCLAIMER:  There are some potential spoilers, although the author has gone to great lengths to hide them.  Still, if you are very sensitive to spoilers then consider waiting until the end of Act II.  Do not click on the "Spoiler Content" box below until after Act IV or so (but it should be safe to install the mod basically from the beginning).

If you would like to ask questions about the mod or ask for support, please join the Kiseki Modding Discord.  The direct link for this mod thread is here.

Hello @amorrow28 Do you need an invite to join the Kiseki modding Discord? As far as I can tell by searching, it does not appear discoverable. Opening the "Download here" link above opens https://discord.com/channels/814899002319175710 in my browser as shown in my image. I am used to links opening the Discord desktop app but this url does not look like the Discord invite format (https://discord.gg/XXXXX). I would appreciate any advice.

kiseki modding discord.png

5 hours ago, RaveRampage said:

Hello @amorrow28 Do you need an invite to join the Kiseki modding Discord? As far as I can tell by searching, it does not appear discoverable. Opening the "Download here" link above opens https://discord.com/channels/814899002319175710 in my browser as shown in my image. I am used to links opening the Discord desktop app but this url does not look like the Discord invite format (https://discord.gg/XXXXX). I would appreciate any advice.

kiseki modding discord.png

try https://discord.gg/wYkWS33NQt

On 9/28/2023 at 12:56 PM, mercury_D said:

Most likely not.? 
You can modify it using my 4 different base body mesh types to create whatever you want.

Does that mean that the modded outfits in the image are unavailable? that sucks man... why put in all the work and show it off just to not release it? Not trying to be mean of course, do whatever you want with it, YOU made it. I'm just really curious... Some amazing looking costumes in it.

Edited by FaxTM
18 hours ago, FaxTM said:

Does that mean that the modded outfits in the image are unavailable? that sucks man... why put in all the work and show it off just to not release it? Not trying to be mean of course, do whatever you want with it, YOU made it. I'm just really curious... Some amazing looking costumes in it.

Releasing a mod requires some work. You have to put it in a form that other people will understand how to use; you feel obligated to fix issues; you have to place the files in an accessible location, write a description, and include screenshots; and so on. Making mods to use is a lot more fun than managing mods as a product. This is why I just throw my unorganized shit into an unwieldy post and let people decide what they want.

On 10/27/2023 at 1:53 PM, FaxTM said:

Actually, those aren't all of them.
The image below is one of the unrevealed ones.

Spoiler

This DOA outfit replaces Sharon's enforcer attire and looks quite nice!:flushed:

2023_11_01_00_59_15-tile.jpg.9f7675c0776f9a0b74139cf123d55aad.jpg

It seems that some people are currently working on DOA outfits, so you can wait and see.

Edited by mercury_D
On 10/27/2023 at 8:22 PM, NotAZebra said:

Releasing a mod requires some work. You have to put it in a form that other people will understand how to use; you feel obligated to fix issues; you have to place the files in an accessible location, write a description, and include screenshots; and so on. Making mods to use is a lot more fun than managing mods as a product. This is why I just throw my unorganized shit into an unwieldy post and let people decide what they want.

Fair enough, it would definitely be a lot of work managing all of those outfits, smart to let people pick and choose what they want released :)

On 9/18/2023 at 9:22 PM, Mrbezos said:

Page 1 of this forum. The post by user Mercury_d. His mods are great but if the girls have flat chests or small boobs he upsizes them which is disappointing. But I love the Noelle one... It's delicious. Hopefully he will upload even more characters soon. 

The 2 i find noel are for her swimsuits, which one is for her normal suit?

So I'm really curious, coomi's mods have files for Rixia and Noel, but I've been reading everywhere that these two don't actually have towels in the game. Can't find them using cheat engine either, so what are those files supposed to replace if not the towels?

On 7/22/2023 at 10:20 PM, yayoiimas said:

Update hash edit for lakovic Nude&Sexy mod.

Not all of sexy costume are working.

This mod include unskirt for some character.

nyaanude.thumb.jpg.7877811afb57dc81776a850b7c414ffd.jpg

Juna Musse Emma - Magical costume has change to other costume, so if you don't like you can delete Magical Folder.

Alisa&Rixia has many costume and this is a key for change.

Alisa Default and Magical costume - F4+4

Rixia Mood Wedding Dress - F4+9

nyaanude2.thumb.jpg.1933fdb78df72af6bbc0d46a19f6066f.jpg

Nude mod are already test for most character except Noel and some character from gold gacha.

TrailsReverie_NyaaNudeMod.rar 194.51 MB · 1,299 downloads

Steam, NISA, PC, no controller.
For some reason pressing F1 doesn't do anything at all, F2 and F3 works fine, F4+numbers nor on numpad nor common ones doesn't work as well. Am i doing something wrong?
Also i have no idea of how to get alfin's angel outfit, is it an accessory?

18 hours ago, 6ik said:

For some reason pressing F1 doesn't do anything at all, F2 and F3 works fine, F4+numbers nor on numpad nor common ones doesn't work as well. Am i doing something wrong?

For Alfin yes that's an accessory it's the angel accessory. Also what do you mean it doesn't work? If F2 and F3 work then the rest should work as well.

18 hours ago, 6ik said:

F1: I don’t think F1 is supposed to do anything. It is not mapped to anything in d3dx.ini, and the help.txt does not mention any use for F1.

F4: Perhaps you are not looking at a costume that cycles through anything. Can you test this with Rixia’s wedding dress or Juna’s CGF uniform?

Do you have other mods?