Trails into Reverie (NIS America, English Language release)

2 hours ago, NotAZebra said:

Odd. I am not getting that result. Have you installed any other user-made DLCs?

Hm, the only thing I have installed right now are amorrow28's DLC costumes and your HOT SHOT pack.  I do have one PKG override mod but that's for Rixia.

2 hours ago, Johesy said:

Is there a way to backport some of these into CS4/CS3? It's been a long time since I've modded and was wondering if there's new tools to do something like that.

These PKG mods require DLC? They work with Trails into Reverie? 

8 hours ago, Johesy said:

Is there a way to backport some of these into CS4/CS3? It's been a long time since I've modded and was wondering if there's new tools to do something like that.

First, note that a couple of those costumes appear to be based on my version of lakovic’s nude mod, so you will find very similar things at these links for CS3 or CS4. There are small differences (for example, my nude Junas usually have boots).

For the others, the easiest approach might be to use the scripts (and tutorial) here to replace a costume from CS4 with one of these costumes. The costumes will not be separate DLCs if you use this approach.

General version of the process:

• Replace the shaders in the donor file with shaders from the recipient game (with aa_replace_shaders.py)
  • Inject the donor file into the recipient file (with aa_inject_model.py)

In this post, for example, I used aa_inject_model.py to replace Angelica with Alfin.

Edited by NotAZebra
22 minutes ago, lordkain75 said:

Is there any way to remove those bottom pieces (skirt-like) from Fie and Elie swimsuits? 

Yes, and you should try this as your first mod. It is probably the easiest one you could do (which is a great place to start).

You could make a pkg file, following the guide here, but I’d recommend trying 3dmigoto first to learn the most important skills:

1. Install one of the existing 3dmigoto mods to edit (like this one)
  2. (You can delete folders inside the Mods folders to stop using mods you don’t want)
  3. Follow the guide here
  4. Ask for help
Spoiler

6 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

my Unskirt mod already does that?

Hi! Thanks for the reply!

I hadn't tested that mod because it removes the skirts for all costumes, and I didn't know which PKG file to use. 

I just tested it, and I can confirm it works for Fie. But Elie's swimsuit is not included. 

Edited by lordkain75
9 hours ago, NotAZebra said:

First, note that a couple of those costumes appear to be based on my version of lakovic’s nude mod, so you will find very similar things at these links for CS3 or CS4. There are small differences (for example, my nude Junas usually have boots).

For the others, the easiest approach might be to use the scripts (and tutorial) here to replace a costume from CS4 with one of these costumes. The costumes will not be separate DLCs if you use this approach.

General version of the process:

• Replace the shaders in the donor file with shaders from the recipient game (with aa_replace_shaders.py)
  • Inject the donor file into the recipient file (with aa_inject_model.py)

In this post, for example, I used aa_inject_model.py to replace Angelica with Alfin.

Thanks a ton for the reply. I'm actually glad it was you who responded since the main mod I truly wanted was Juna's hair down (for branch campus uniform) in CS3, which you managed to accomplish in this post some time ago.

That was Hajimari, however, and I was wondering if there was a way to port that into CS3 without conflicts. The format of the files is unfamiliar to someone like me who had a long hiatus with trails. It includes the 'mods' folder, non-pkg files, and 3dmigoto I believe? I'm unfamiliar with those, so I'm unsure how to go about this. 

<My Name>'s "Trails of Cold Steel 3 Restoration Project" introduced Juna's swimsuit into CS3, so I was wondering if it was possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Edited by Johesy
On 8/24/2023 at 5:42 AM, lordkain75 said:

Hi! Thanks for the reply!

I hadn't tested that mod because it removes the skirts for all costumes, and I didn't know which PKG file to use. 

I just tested it, and I can confirm it works for Fie. But Elie's swimsuit is not included. 

oh yes, I think I remember now. It’s in the 3dmigoto version for sure, but I think I had some trouble finding the pkg. I discovered much later that hajimari changed the numbering scheme, usually _C65 is swimsuit but Elie’s _C65 is a decoy.

On 8/24/2023 at 6:41 AM, Johesy said:

Thanks a ton for the reply. I'm actually glad it was you who responded since the main mod I truly wanted was Juna's hair down (for branch campus uniform) in CS3, which you managed to accomplish in this post some time ago.

That was Hajimari, however, and I was wondering if there was a way to port that into CS3 without conflicts. The format of the files is unfamiliar to someone like me who had a long hiatus with trails. It includes the 'mods' folder, non-pkg files, and 3dmigoto I believe? I'm unfamiliar with those, so I'm unsure how to go about this. 

<My Name>'s "Trails of Cold Steel 3 Restoration Project" introduced Juna's swimsuit into CS3, so I was wondering if it was possible.

Transferring hair is the same as any other asset because it is part of the costume, so you will be creating a new model. (It might be easier with 3dmigoto if the skeleton of the hair is identical.) The steps are here.

Backporting an outfit from to an older game (Reverie to CS4 to CS3) is its own nightmare. If there’s interest I can write a tutorial, but even with a tutorial expect to spend a lot of time pulling your hair out. EDIT: I wrote a tutorial, and compiled a database of shader hashes to greatly simplify the process.

Edited by amorrow28
On 8/24/2023 at 8:41 AM, Johesy said:

Juna’s hair: down or magical (3dmigoto)

To use this mod:

1. Extract the files

2. Paste the 3dmigoto installation into your game folder (or use your own setup): 3dmigoto_Reverie.7z

3. Place the files for the mod you want to use into the Mods folder:

The 3dmigoto installation I included is overkill for using just this mod, but I don’t want to take the time to (learn how to) pare it down. Pressing function keys may give you messages about other mods.

Spoiler

Juna_Hair_Down.png.fef935af771cddeb9dccda502e2c1656.pngJuna_Hair_Magical.png.fc494e7c5922e0cdf6830f0cc20d881b.png

Other hair mods

Edited by NotAZebra
On 7/15/2023 at 10:15 AM, mercury_D said:

full nude mod of Sully/Tio/Renne/Noel Seeker/Musse/Elie/Rixia/Emma/General Le Guin

+Include some clothing transfers from DOA.

with body texture and mesh created by @holden_mcclure,

also thanks to @amorrow28 for providing the tutorials and tools that made these mods possible.

==================================================

install:

put the *.pkg file in "game\data\asset\D3D11".
*Make sure to backup the original file before replacing it.

The previous C_CHR105_C81.pkg must be deleted as it causes character shading issues.

Here is the list you can use to search for the custom I replaced.

https://gist.github.com/the-database/a89e8445b5ee362930f374b8d0f3708e

N_v0.6.zip 86.37 MB · 2 downloads

How do you delete the previous C_CHR105_C81.pkg?  It's inside the assets.pka right?  Also sometimes when going into Reverie dungeons, the characters get really bright and have shadow patches - is that what you mean?  I have to reload into a different area to fix.

It seems it's only Rixia that glitches out, and once she glitches she glitches all other characters.  Can be done by going in and out of TRC levels

Edited by emilscar
On 7/16/2023 at 1:15 AM, mercury_D said:

full nude mod of Sully/Tio/Renne/Noel Seeker/Musse/Elie/Rixia/Emma/General Le Guin

+Include some clothing transfers from DOA.

with body texture and mesh created by @holden_mcclure,

also thanks to @amorrow28 for providing the tutorials and tools that made these mods possible.

==================================================

install:

put the *.pkg file in "game\data\asset\D3D11".
*Make sure to backup the original file before replacing it.

The previous C_CHR105_C81.pkg must be deleted as it causes character shading issues.

Here is the list you can use to search for the custom I replaced.

https://gist.github.com/the-database/a89e8445b5ee362930f374b8d0f3708e

N_v0.6.zip 86.37 MB · 4 downloads

Your nude mods are excellent. Will you be doing Nadia, Altina or Lapis nude PKG mods in the future also? 

3 hours ago, emilscar said:

How do you delete the previous C_CHR105_C81.pkg?  It's inside the assets.pka right?  Also sometimes when going into Reverie dungeons, the characters get really bright and have shadow patches - is that what you mean?  I have to reload into a different area to fix.

It seems it's only Rixia that glitches out, and once she glitches she glitches all other characters.  Can be done by going in and out of TRC levels

In the earliest shared file, there's a C_CHR105_C81.pkg. I noticed during testing that when it's present, the character's brightness issue you mentioned, the shadow issue, occurs. If you don't have the previous file, you don't need to worry about it.

I'm only using my own mod, and so far, I haven't experienced shadow issues with the characters.

2 hours ago, Mrbezos said:

Your nude mods are excellent. Will you be doing Nadia, Altina or Lapis nude PKG mods in the future also? 

I'm not considering it at the moment.

11 hours ago, mercury_D said:

In the earliest shared file, there's a C_CHR105_C81.pkg. I noticed during testing that when it's present, the character's brightness issue you mentioned, the shadow issue, occurs. If you don't have the previous file, you don't need to worry about it.

I'm only using my own mod, and so far, I haven't experienced shadow issues with the characters.

I'm not considering it at the moment.

For me, the brightness/shadow issue only occurs with Rixia (her DOA-style outfit is fine, it's the other mod), and only in going into a level of the True Reverie Corridor.  All other characters don't cause it.  I can fix it by reloading Reverie Corridor main area 2-3 times.  Does this not happen for you?

1 hour ago, emilscar said:

For me, the brightness/shadow issue only occurs with Rixia (her DOA-style outfit is fine, it's the other mod), and only in going into a level of the True Reverie Corridor.  All other characters don't cause it.  I can fix it by reloading Reverie Corridor main area 2-3 times.  Does this not happen for you?

That mod was built with an old version of the mod tools.  The problem you are talking about was fixed in version 2.2.1, which came out after that mod.  (and simply decompiling-recompiling with the new version will not fix it, because the flag data is lost.  recompiling the original work folders with the new version will fix it, and so will manually fixing the flags.)

16 hours ago, Shoopuf9 said:

So how do you go about restoring characters back to their default look?

Delete the mod you do not want to use.  You can use tbled to read the t_name.tbl file, which tells you which models are which.  I have instructions on how to do this here.

On 8/24/2023 at 6:41 AM, Johesy said:

I wrote a tutorial on how to backport a .pkg mod, you can access it here!

elie_swim_unskirt.png.54ba3467032c7adf1c7553aa07b671fa.png

I've made a couple of updates to UnSkirt Mod.  The updates are so small that I just made them separate mini-downloads (the 3dmigoto update is 2KB!).

For the PKG mod version, I added Elie's swimsuit skirt delete.  For the 3DMigoto version, I added new shaders for Duvalie's Stahlritter outfit and Laura Sans Shoes.  (As an aside, this game really drip feeds the characters to you... It took me over 50 hours to get Laura and Duvalie, lol.)  Thank you to @lordkain75 for finding the Elie issue and @jimkage for finding the Duvalie issue.

The downloads are on the original post, here.

On 8/24/2023 at 8:41 AM, Johesy said:

Oops. You said CS3. The same files will probably work in CS3.

21 hours ago, Mrbezos said:

You have made many posts about this. Have you considered doing it yourself? lakovic’s 3dmigoto mods include nudes for all girls and women except Schera, and the first post of this thread links to a tutorial showing how to turn that into pkg files.

Edit: I think I am wrong about there being a link in the first post. Here is the tutorial.

Edited by NotAZebra
21 minutes ago, NotAZebra said:

You have made many posts about this. Have you considered doing it yourself? lakovic’s 3dmigoto mods include nudes for all girls and women except Schera, and the first post of this thread links to a tutorial showing how to turn that into pkg files.

Where is the tutorial on converting 3dmigoto to PKG?  I can't seem to find it. Thanks

34 minutes ago, NotAZebra said:

Use this tutorial from @amorrow28. The part about converting 3dmigoto mods is at the end (“If you already made your mod in 3dmigoto and you want to copy it...”).

1 hour ago, NotAZebra said:

Edit: I think I am wrong about there being a link in the first post. Here is the tutorial.

Well, it doesn't hurt to ask. I figure I can't be alone in wanting such PKG mods for these characters. I'm good at a great many things, but making mods is not one of them. Hence why I'm here. I appreciate everyone's work, skill and dedication to create mods for everyone to use but I'm not looking to become a modder myself. I'm about 30 hours into the game now so I want to play with as much nude mods as I can. Since I rarely replay these games.