3 hours ago, Dongs REO Speedwagon said:

The Skeletal Dragon in Labyrinthian

the mod is setup to NOT let that race do vore.

That one unique named Dragon in Blackreach

that one does fly.

Odahviing once he lands on the Dragonreach balcony during the main quest

he sort of auto walks into the trap after landing (he walked past me a few times back when i was trying to find the "turning into a common dragon" bug in CF)

Trying to get this to work is a nightmare, and I think I'm going to give up now. The furthest i've gotten trying to get it to work is having the animations play (although extremely offset, even though I'm on perfectly flat ground).

As soon as the animations finish, I'm invisible and I'm able to walk around, with the dragon staring at me awkwardly. I first tried getting it to work with the Servitium modlist, and then in a vanilla install. The same thing happens in either case. Invisible, able to walk around, health is draining and stomach sounds playing.

I'm dying to see this mod in action, but I really can't get it to work. There is zero footage of this mod working correctly anywhere on the internet. I love vore, and I love the dragons in Skyrim, so this mod would have been perfect for me.

Does anyone have any videos of this mod working in game, with all the different events?

On 1/21/2024 at 4:12 PM, Pud said:

Trying to get this to work is a nightmare, and I think I'm going to give up now. The furthest i've gotten trying to get it to work is having the animations play (although extremely offset, even though I'm on perfectly flat ground).

As soon as the animations finish, I'm invisible and I'm able to walk around, with the dragon staring at me awkwardly. I first tried getting it to work with the Servitium modlist, and then in a vanilla install. The same thing happens in either case. Invisible, able to walk around, health is draining and stomach sounds playing.

I'm dying to see this mod in action, but I really can't get it to work. There is zero footage of this mod working correctly anywhere on the internet. I love vore, and I love the dragons in Skyrim, so this mod would have been perfect for me.

Does anyone have any videos of this mod working in game, with all the different events?

Same thing happens to me as well while using the fnis version, I turn invisible and the dragon just stands there, doing something, while my own hp drains and I'm able to walk around as a ghost

I do find it interesting that (for the SE versions at least) the CBG and FNIS versions had opposite issues. CBG would reliably play the camera effects but not the animations, and FNIS would play the animations but not the camera effects. Wonder why that was?

If that's alright, I'd be willing to take a look at the FNIS SE code sometime to see what was causing that. I don't have much experience with this specific programming language yet I've been intending to learn it. Who knows, maybe a fresh set of eyes is all that's needed.

right now i'm wondering if it's CAO that is messing something up.

but the behavor i'm seeing in SE also suggests that half the scripts are not running so i don't know what the hell is going on.

1 hour ago, DuskWanderer said:

My offer stands if you ever need it. I really enjoy the potential of this mod so if there's an opportunity to help I'm willing.

all the source files are already in the mod, the only difference between the LE & SE versions is that the SE was tossed into Cathedral Assets Optimizer

7 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

all the source files are already in the mod, the only difference between the LE & SE versions is that the SE was tossed into Cathedral Assets Optimizer

CAO doesn't mess with scripts, so that definitely helps narrow things. I'm going to experiment as soon as I have the time.

Do you happen to have the old pre-2.0 CBG SE build still? Since those meshes and textures worked I'd like to try and see if using them instead of the ones in FNIS will work. Long shot, but sometimes that's what it takes.

10 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

well i found part of the problem...the 7zip was not packed correctly.

I feel problems like that on a personal scale.
Was so proud of my finished product send out the gitlab link and forgot to put in the file that stores the inis and configs with the result of the project not moving and me searchin gthat for hours. (I forgott to commit the config file LOL)

Edit: The overly is working now.

Edited by MuellerMat
Tested it

just editing the front page (but the mod was updated last night)

CBG itself has some bugs: many DLC races seem to stop working, and the oven in hearthfire stops working

additional note: collision data was edited in the FNIS version to disable the camera's "actor too close fade out" effect on the dragon, so this may effect some dead body collision mods, but it's easy to fix in xedit

Edited by MadMansGun

I'm currently considering to attempt making a Defeat/Acheron/Ashes patch myself. Given my inexperience I expect it to be a long and tedious process.

To keep it simple I'm going to focus on Ashes first, which simply activates when the player is killed.

Testing this unedited mod with Ashes led to expected results. Namely that the player did survive the vore and Ashes did its thing, however the camera effects, sound effects, and passive damage did not cease. So I'd ideally need to invent a code process that cancels all of those without the player perishing, and instead trigger a different way. My initial idea is either a timer, a hotkey, or a detection of the player's HP.

Defeat and Acheron will be harder. Defeat has an option to set the player essential so I'd need to edit the player-target specific scripts to allow for essential actors without changing the essential NPCs blacklist. Digging through the code of this mod I'm unsure where that check-essential requirement is. After I get that sorted It'd just be a matter of using the same cancel process I'd make for Ashes, and then somehow make Defeat recognize the dragon won the fight.

I honestly have no idea how to support Acheron so I'll attempt that last. Although I'd ideally like to at some point since Acheron allows for extremely customizable post-defeat outcomes. Maybe someday in the far future I'd even be able to make a dragon specific one, like the player being imprisoned within a lair.

All this mess aside, considering all that you know of your mod Mad, do you have any advice for me? Either what specific scripts I should focus on changing, general advice, or simply confirming that I'm a fool and shouldn't bother. Any answer is fine with me! 

EDIT: Accidentally posted this on the wrong mod. Moved it to where it should be.

Additionally I've thought of an easier non-defeat-mod-specific solution.

Is it possible to detect when an actor enters bleedout? If so all I'd need to do is:

• Enable vore for essential players (and maybe NPCs if I ever get to them.)
  • Have a effects cleanup script that activates on the consumed actor entering bleedout, or after a certain time/some other fallback detection for mods like Ashes.
  • Bonus, repurpose the existing HCOS toys animations to visually release the actors. Honestly this one is so far out of my experience that I'll attempt it last, if at all.

Theoretically I should be able to reuse the already existing If dragon.IsDead code with just a few tweaks so that it activates on Bleedout/Fallback instead. (I'd also need to figure out how to get the dragon to land, but that's not as necessary since you could assume it's a mid-air release. You're essential anyway, you'll be fine.) 
5 hours ago, DuskWanderer said:

the camera effects, sound effects,

the sound effect is a bit of a bitch to stop so i'll likely have to do that on my end, but for the camera effect:

Scriptname newscript extends ActiveMagicEffect

Actor Property PlayerRef  Auto
VisualEffect Property aaaFXVoreDeathCam Auto
VisualEffect Property aaaFXAnalDeathCam Auto
VisualEffect Property aaaFXUnbirthDeathCam Auto

Event OnEffectStart(Actor aktarget, Actor akCaster)
            aaaFXVoreDeathCam.Stop(PlayerRef)
            aaaFXAnalDeathCam.Stop(PlayerRef)
            aaaFXUnbirthDeathCam.Stop(PlayerRef)
EndEvent

keep in mind that would just be for SLDragons, the vore killmove mod has its own set of theses.

passive damage did not cease

sounds like the VoreEndingSpell is not dispelling on death...could be that the game can't actually see the player as dead.

and with the current versions it can't be force stop either because when the spell ends it's setup to force kill the target(food/player) if the caster(dragon) is still alive.

I'm unsure where that check-essential requirement is

not in the script itself, it's in the magic effect's condition list.

Is it possible to detect when an actor enters bleedout?

i believe so, bleedOutStart and bleedOutStop look to be valid animation events so something like..

Actor Food = none

Event OnEffectStart(Actor aktarget, Actor akCaster)
    Food = aktarget
    RegisterForAnimationEvent(food, "bleedOutStart") ; note not sure if bleedOutStart or npcbleedOutStart, this shit is stupid like that
    RegisterForAnimationEvent(food, "bleedOutStop")
EndEvent

Event OnAnimationEvent(ObjectReference akSource, string asEventName)    
    if (akSource == food) && (asEventName == "bleedOutStart")
        do stuff here
    elseif (akSource == food) && (asEventName == "bleedOutStop")
        do stuff here
    endif
EndEvent

(I'd also need to figure out how to get the dragon to land,

that should be simple (in theory) just apply a no flying spell to them (eg: AbNoFlightMG07Dragon )  and use Animation Event "LandEnd" to make sure they land before starting animations (and remove the no flying spell so they can take off after it ends)....may also need something to check to see if the dragon is already landed or else you may end up waiting for a LandEnd event that will never come.

(fnis version only) added global values into the esp to control vore features:

one makes npcs use the slightly longer/slower animations.

the other makes you get digested slower.

Edited by MadMansGun

added 2 more global values to allow protected & essential npcs to be eaten.

fixed condition error for rear end animations, it should not "one shot" higher lever player/npcs that have good armor equipt.

4 hours ago, stop1 said:

Is it possible to turn off forced camera angle during the killmoves?

you would need to edit the character's FNIS_DragonVoreKillmove_List.txt (delete the ",ac" at the start of the lines) and run generatefnisformodders.exe to recreate the behavior file, then run GenerateFNISforUsers.exe to get it in game.