I tried the damn CBG again. Got it to work once but with T-Posing NPC´s.
Figured i just make a clean install of MO2 and Skyrim as maybe some files from earlier tries were messing with it and did the exact same thing as before again....ASDSF missing....

I guess at this point i give up as its just wasted time. A pity really.

5 minutes ago, Dravus said:

my issue wasn't with dragons using the correct attacks...those worked fine

and using in depth console infomation mods..I can see the dragons have the scripts...they are applying the contact scripts to the player on attack....but the animations just don't play...as such they just continue attacking at normal as if nothing had happened

try hitting the deinstall creatures button in fnis and then rerun fnis. (also make sure the cbg version is fully removed)

Edited by MadMansGun
3 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

try hitting the deinstall creatures button in fnis and then rerun fnis. (also make sure the cbg version is fully removed)

I already tried pretty much everything in the FNIS installation book...no dice

what I DID find however was that uninstalling the CBG version of the mod "did not" remove the installed .pex's

I did already remove those and rerun FNIS a few times with equally little luck

For what it's worth, the FNIS version is actually mostly working for me! I haven't done thorough testing yet, and I have noticed that the internal view doesn't always work, but I'm glad to have a functional version of this mod at long last! Thank you.

Now all I hope for is having Defeat/Acheron compatibility someday.

Edited by DuskWanderer

I don't know how to get CBG to work at all, and I've read through the Readme and it doesn't help, especially for this type of mod. I'm not running FNIS, but when I run CBG, I have the LE version installed and I type the lowercase L(for the x32 HPK files to work), then press enter, then enter again, and then it tells me it doesn't seem any animations. This is my first time using anything outside the in game mod menu, I am running Skyrim Special Edition from steam if that helps. I can try to answer more questions but I don't know what I'm doing. Do I need to load the files individually into the CBG stuff or something? Do I need Skyrim ACTIVELY running to get it to work?

18 hours ago, Dravus said:

I already tried pretty much everything in the FNIS installation book...no dice

what I DID find however was that uninstalling the CBG version of the mod "did not" remove the installed .pex's

I did already remove those and rerun FNIS a few times with equally little luck

You're not playing with defeat or another death alternative mod are you? Immune on bleed out will disable getting kill moved, also VioLens has immunity to kill moves on for the player by default if you're by chance running that mod. Disabling those options in those mods helped me to get it working. Could always just Skyrim being Skyrim too.

ah yes, this mod is setup to not kill protected npcs (you can remove the condition from the vore spells if you want, but doing so may cause quest damaging deaths to happen)

38 minutes ago, BobaBibba said:

also VioLens has immunity to kill moves on for the player by default

that one would not effect this (version of the) mod, the animations are not actual killmoves, the spells/scripts are what make it kill

Edited by MadMansGun
3 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

update: slightly better scripts.....or at least they seems to be working a little better on my end.

Fnis version works really well for me, could never get the cbg to fully work. As far as I can tell all of the animations line up and trigger when they're supposed to other than the naked one. It ends up being a 50/50 if the animation decides to line up correctly. Seems to offset it to the dragon's left a couple feet and sometimes doesn't play it on the characters end if I move, but still kills them properly anyways, so it could be a terrain issue or the animation just doesn't correct itself, no real biggie. Couldn't get a good test on my followers or other npcs cuz apparently everyones the dragonborn these days. The screen effect doesn't seem to play for me, didn't really bother me though, I prefer to see my companions slacking on saving me anyways lol. Overall good work.

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

ah yes, this mod is setup to not kill protected npcs (you can remove the condition from the vore spells if you want, but doing so may cause quest damaging deaths to happen)

that one would not effect this (version of the) mod, the animations are not actual killmoves, the spells/scripts are what make it kill

Since it's not dependent on being actual killmoves anymore, is a theoretical Essentials Defeat variant actually possible now? Similar to what Baka does with his TNTR mod, you could recognize if an actor is essential or not and react accordingly. In Baka's mod the worm trap can kill non-essentials but will later spit out essentials. Obviously exact recreations of that for this mod would require a regurgitate animation for Oral, although the Anal and Unbirth could reuse the existing "Toys" animation variant ending stage.

If an essential actor is the victim, perhaps they are only consumed temporarily and are released after some set of time. Possibly also with a temporary debuff effect of some kind if it was the player to ensure a extra punishment beyond standard Defeat. If animations for this process are possible then the dragon could land and visually release them, but I don't believe that's absolutely required. Having a fallback script in case the dragon gets unloaded may prove necessary though.

Edited by DuskWanderer
49 minutes ago, BobaBibba said:

so it could be a terrain issue

the most common i've seen is not being on level ground, the dragon stays angled to the terrain, also seen the same problem happen in sexlab. i tried using the "SplineTranslateToRef" command but it had no effect.

48 minutes ago, BobaBibba said:

The screen effect doesn't seem to play for me

i wonder what cam/enb mod is messing up the internal mesh, others have also reported having the same issue with it.

58 minutes ago, BobaBibba said:

Couldn't get a good test on my followers

most followers are flagged as "protected" so the mod likely won't run on them.

It tells me that it is loading zero files, with no animations detected. I genuinely have no idea what I am failing to do, as I have read the CBG Text File, but it did not quite clarify things. I would attach a screen shot, but it does not want to work as of right now. I've downloaded both CBG and the SA/AE, and have tried to run the CHBG executable, then followed the instructions on this mod page, but it just tells me it doesn't load any files or find any animations. This is the very first mod I've tried to install that did not use the in-game mod menu, so I do not really know what I am doing.

3 hours ago, BobaBibba said:

You're not playing with defeat or another death alternative mod are you? Immune on bleed out will disable getting kill moved, also VioLens has immunity to kill moves on for the player by default if you're by chance running that mod. Disabling those options in those mods helped me to get it working. Could always just Skyrim being Skyrim too.

no not in my kink mod list...I did run devourment alongside SL Dragons which let to wonderful synergy of any vore activities actually stayed that way after the animations

but no....there was no death alternatives running in my mod list....the CBG version of this mod worked perfectly fine for me before....but I uninstalled it to try and test the V2 version of the FNIS....I'm going to download and try the V2.1 version now

6 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

the most common i've seen is not being on level ground, the dragon stays angled to the terrain, also seen the same problem happen in sexlab. i tried using the "SplineTranslateToRef" command but it had no effect.

Yeah it only happens on the unclothed vore, it happened a bit on the unbirthing but after the first patch it seemed to line up the way it's supposed to.

6 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

i wonder what cam/enb mod is messing up the internal mesh, others have also reported having the same issue with it.

I am using Improved Camera SE and Engaged ENB, but I didn't have a problem with the mesh playing on the old version. If it's a script that plays it it could just lag, I do have quite a few script heavy mods, so maybe I just die before it plays. Does it apply the same way other camera effects do? Kinda like the Karliah poison or survival mode's weather camera effect? If so perhaps other mods that also apply those effects like skooma whore drugs or dripping while aroused might take priority. I doubt it's an fov problem, but you never know.

7 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

most followers are flagged as "protected" so the mod likely won't run on them.

I was using unprotected followers, they're just killing the dragon before he has a chance lol. I need to try it on a weaker follower or a stronger dragon i guess lol. Guess I should just let him run havoc on some bandits.

On 1/15/2024 at 8:12 AM, Dialca said:

It tells me that it is loading zero files, with no animations detected. I genuinely have no idea what I am failing to do, as I have read the CBG Text File, but it did not quite clarify things. I would attach a screen shot, but it does not want to work as of right now. I've downloaded both CBG and the SA/AE, and have tried to run the CHBG executable, then followed the instructions on this mod page, but it just tells me it doesn't load any files or find any animations. This is the very first mod I've tried to install that did not use the in-game mod menu, so I do not really know what I am doing.

If you're using a mod loader like mo2 or vortex you could try launching the application by itself through it's folder instead of using the loader. Sometimes that works as like a kickstart and then it might start to register the animations. I don't remember what I did to get it to register the animations it's been months and it never really played both ends for me anyways, but you could try that. If you're using vortex make sure that its launching through the vortex folder and not the one from steam or maybe the reverse, you want it launching from the same area that the animations are, so whether that be the vortex folder or the steam folder. I don't use mo2 so I can't help you if you're using that. If that doesn't work then who knows, sounds like a lot of people are having trouble with it and there really aren't other mods that seem to use it so there's no other forums to help either.

Edited by BobaBibba
6 hours ago, Lilith07 said:

Out of curiosity.
When trying the FNIS version now, is there any mayor difference in between using the SE or the LE version of Skyrim?

apart from the hkx & mesh file format no, they are the same mod, LE is the old 32bit skyrim, SE/AE is the newer 64bit skyrim.

8 hours ago, Dravus said:

but no....there was no death alternatives running in my mod list....the CBG version of this mod worked perfectly fine for me before....but I uninstalled it to try and test the V2 version of the FNIS....I'm going to download and try the V2.1 version now

maybe you have lose hkx files in your mod managers override folder...or in the games data folder.

1 hour ago, BobaBibba said:

If it's a script that plays it it could just lag, I do have quite a few script heavy mods, so maybe I just die before it plays. Does it apply the same way other camera effects do?

yes a script apples it under "if food == playerref"

;fucking fnis won't add my VoreEnd events, but it can send Reset so i'll use that instead
Event OnAnimationEvent(ObjectReference akSource, string asEventName)
    if (akSource == Dragon) && (asEventName == "Reset")
    ;    Debug.Notification("AnimationEvent DragonResetGraphRoot")
    ;    Debug.Trace("AnimationEvent DragonResetGraphRoot")
        Dragon.SetRestrained(false)
        Dragon.SetDontMove(false)
        Food.SetRestrained(false)
        Food.SetDontMove(false)
        Dragon.DoCombatSpellApply(aaaDragonVoreEndingSpell, Food)
        Food.SetAlpha(0)
        Food.StopCombatAlarm()
        if Food == PlayerRef
            Game.disablePlayerControls(False, True, False, False, False, True, True, False)
        ;    note movement still enabled to keep hud and combat ai working, also can't use DontMove or Restrained because that disables looking around
            Game.ForceFirstPerson()
            FXVoreCam.Play(PlayerRef)
            PlayerRef.AddToFaction(DragonFaction)
            AnimationRan = true
            Self.Dispel()
        else
            Food.EnableAI(false)
            AnimationRan = true
            Self.Dispel()
        endif
    endif
EndEvent

14 hours ago, BobaBibba said:

If you're using a mod loader like mo2 or vortex you could try launching the application by itself through it's folder instead of using the loader. Sometimes that works as like a kickstart and then it might start to register the animations. I don't remember what I did to get it to register the animations it's been months and it never really played both ends for me anyways, but you could try that. If you're using vortex make sure that its launching through the vortex folder and not the one from steam or maybe the reverse, you want it launching from the same area that the animations are, so whether that be the vortex folder or the steam folder. I don't use mo2 so I can't help you if you're using that. If that doesn't work then who knows, sounds like a lot of people are having trouble with it and there really aren't other mods that seem to use it so there's no other forums to help either.

Ive always been loading it through the file itself, and am just now trying Vortex(which i dont even know how to load anything there lmao)
Ive tried going through the vortex folder, ive tried going through CBG itself, Ive even tried FNIS, to no avail. Maybe i try again at a later time in the year

10 hours ago, Dialca said:

Ive always been loading it through the file itself, and am just now trying Vortex(which i dont even know how to load anything there lmao)
Ive tried going through the vortex folder, ive tried going through CBG itself, Ive even tried FNIS, to no avail. Maybe i try again at a later time in the year

So I redownloaded it myself to see if I could get it to work and I managed to. You're gonna need to run it as a tool through vortex. In vortex go to the dashboard tab and make a new tool. If you don't know how I made a video. I'm using Skyrim Anniversary Edition and Windows 11, tho it shouldn't be too different if you're using 10 or Skyrim LE. Just go into the the Skyrim LE folder instead. MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOADED BOTH THE ANIMATIONS AND CBG USING VORTEX. For registering the animations follow the instructions in the file, i just kinda ran through it because I could. Run FNIS before the tool. If you've done all this and it didn't work then who knows why it's not working.

This is the path I used incase I went too fast. "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\tools\Creature Behavior Generator"

Edit- I was using the test animations from the cbg page, but just drag this mod from downloads into mods when vortex is open and it should do it's thing.

Edited by BobaBibba

A bit of a off question, I played this mod awhile back and enjoyed how it works, was wondering how to remove the dragons ability to fly though. Kinda want a super deadly ground based dragon that eats their foes and never takes off for a fight.

On 1/18/2024 at 12:30 AM, kjoy12 said:

A bit of a off question, I played this mod awhile back and enjoyed how it works, was wondering how to remove the dragons ability to fly though. Kinda want a super deadly ground based dragon that eats their foes and never takes off for a fight.

To my knowledge, there are three dragons in the game that absolutely will not fly once they're spawned:

- The Skeletal Dragon in Labyrinthian, which has already been marked for incompatibility with this mod because skellies don't have bellies;
- That one unique named Dragon in Blackreach that you summon by using Unyielding Force on the big sphere over the Falmer city;
- Odahviing once he lands on the Dragonreach balcony during the main quest.

If you're looking to just modify dragons to not fly outright, their AI packages might be a place to start. Or as was already suggested, just change the damage threshold where dragons are considered as injured, whereupon they stop flying...