48 minutes ago, DuskWanderer said:

I've made some interesting discoveries by using your SL Dragons mod, since it has different triggers to use the killmoves through the Alduin dialogue.

SL Dragons is not actually running the same animation, it's using the non-cbg based bite&toss killmove replacer.

would you mind mentioning the exact trigger requirements for the combat animations in this mod? Like Essential status, victim/dragon HP, etc...

(not-essential and not-protected and not blocking) and (health <60% or level <20 or naked)

However combat only forces me out of camera if I get hit by either the bite or tail attack, and if I die (without the animations) the dragon gets the HP boost. Nothing else occurs. NPCs aren't effected either.

sounds like a messed up human animation, only this time some of the events are being fired.

Edited by MadMansGun
10 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

SL Dragons is not actually running the same animation, it's using the non-cbg based bite&toss killmove replacer.

Interesting. At least the internal camera mesh is still being applied, so that's progress.

(not-essential and not-protected and not blocking) and (health <60% or level <20 or naked)

Can confirm those conditions are being met...

sounds like a messed up human animation, only this time some of the events are being fired.

If the human side of things is causing the issue--and not the dragons as I'd assumed--that opens up a few potential culprits.

On the FNIS side of things, other than SLAL and Poser packs I'm using TK Dodge and Baka's Defeat (I've triple checked to make sure the "Set player as essential" option is disabled).

There are a couple of DAR/OAR mods as well but those shouldn't have an impact.

Nemesis is left unused in the dumpster.

The only other potential cause that I can think of is Valhalla combat and True Directional Movement, although I doubt it would do anything to conflict either based on the conditions for this mod's animations.

Good news is the last mod I was waiting on to update to the latest AE and not 1.6.353 is now out, so after I go through the tedious process of updating my load order I'll see if that makes a difference, however unlikely.

Edited by DuskWanderer

All I wanted was to download this, open OBS, get a video of the animations and their aftermath, and uninstall. I pretty much just want a video of how these animations look, as well as the internals, but unfortunately downloading this has been, uh, rather difficult, and not worth it for me. The only thing I only managed to get working was the dragon flicking his head back and slowly gulping down the player. The willing didn't work, I died immediately instead of having internals, and the others didn't work either. I would be grateful if anyone could offer me a video of what those look like. 
Hey, if it really means anything to you, maybe if there were teasers of more than just the 2 vore animations on the main page, it could catch more attention.

TLDR: Anyone got videos of the killmoves and their aftermath I could yoink?

On 7/4/2023 at 8:00 AM, DuskWanderer said:

The only other potential cause that I can think of is Valhalla combat and True Directional Movement, although I doubt it would do anything to conflict either based on the conditions for this mod's animations.

sadly i know nothing about most mods so i have no clue how/if they would effect CBG.

22 hours ago, Lilith.Monstrum said:

Does anyone have a video of this animation?

4 hours ago, EphemRI said:

TLDR: Anyone got videos of the killmoves and their aftermath I could yoink?

this mod just uses short edited versions of my HCOS SLAL Pack animations, so if you have used HCOS before then basically you have already seen theses animations.

the internal meshes ( Data\meshes\AnimObjects\DragonVoreKillmove ) can be viewed with NifSkope.

4 hours ago, EphemRI said:

Hey, if it really means anything to you, maybe if there were teasers of more than just the 2 vore animations on the main page, it could catch more attention.

not a concern for me, beside the CBG version of the mod is super hit&miss on who it works for.

6 hours ago, vernsi said:

if you play with defeat, make sure essential on bleedout is turned off, otherwise the kill move wont work at all, regardless of what hp you're at or if the bite would knock you down

i wonder at what point defeat turns a Player/NPC essential, but you could (at your own risk of getting people killed that should not be) remove the isessential condition from the vore spells.

Edited by MadMansGun

Hey, love the mod.

I managed to get all the 3 vore animations on my self, 'The Fate' part (stomach) were surprisingly better than I expected :D

I tested the mod for about 20 minutes or so but I could never get it to work with NPCs.

Are there fast ways to troubleshoot the problem?

Or any work around method to force the event on an NPC?

5 hours ago, optrolmanop said:

I managed to get all the 3 vore animations on my self

there are 4: vore, vore when naked(no armor on torso), anal vore and unbirth.

'The Fate' part (stomach) were surprisingly better than I expected

apart from the fact that the walls still need to be animated, and i have not worked out how to add dripping particle effects to it yet.

Are there fast ways to troubleshoot the problem?

Or any work around method to force the event on an NPC?

they may be marked as protected (most followers are), be over level 20 with more than 60% health left, or they were actively blocking before the dragon tried to bite.

you could try changing the conditions of the vore magic effects, eg: remove isprotected, isblocking, and the level + health checks, that will make dragons much more dangerous to be near.

This is pretty awesome so far, both the killmoves and CBG in general. Hoping this gets used by modders more often in the future! What would be interesting would be if you could see your own character's body in the internal view instead of a skeleton, so that it makes sense to still be alive if you were to be rescued, though I imagine that would be difficult to pull off.

Great mod nonetheless!

7 hours ago, oystercatcher7 said:

though I imagine that would be difficult to pull off.

the 2 main problems are:

1. to do this i would need to start another animation (a solo player only animation with a AnimObject) immediately after a pared animation has ended, i would need to use a fade to black command to hide the transition else you will see yourself just standing there for a few secs (and some enb settings seem to disable the fade to black effect just like they do with the night vision spells), then i would need to blackout the screen somehow when you die because AnimObjects are removed when the player dies/animation ends.

2. the "right" FPV mod would be needed, one that loads 3rd person animations into the 1st person view so that the AnimObject gets loaded correctly, and then there is the problem of FOV clipping with the AnimObject, the animated cam meshes i'm using were made 2X there normal size to prevent view clipping (so that means the player model would look 1/2 the size it should be)

On 7/8/2023 at 3:09 AM, MadMansGun said:

They may be marked as protected (most followers are), be over level 20 with more than 60% health left, or they were actively blocking before the dragon tried to bite.

The NPCs that the dragon killed were guards I spawned which I am confident were level 1. I were level 1 when I spawned them on the difficulty 'adept'. Testing it now spawns level 1 guards.

I think my problem is like you said 'they were actively blocking'. I am using the mod "Combat evolved" from nexusmods making the NPCs block attacks more frequent. I cant recall if the NPCs were blocking though when I tried the mod.

I will give an update of my case when I use the mod again after uninstalling *Combat evolved".

55 minutes ago, Pristbeast said:

Although Dragons are maybe a bit to dangerous right now. For Melee playstyles atleast.

wings can't eat you, attack from the sides and keep your shield/sword up.

I'm having an issue with CBG and I'm not sure what my issue is. When I run it, it says it can't find any animations.
I have installed CBG as it asks (installed using Vortex, then added as a tool and ran from there with Run in Shell and Run detached selected)
I installed this mod through dropping the 7z into Vortex, the same as other similar mods (not sure if this is the issue or what else I could do)
Run FNIS -> uninstall creatures -> update FNIS (sidenote, FNIS does not list this mod, when updating not sure if it should or not)
Run CBG through vortex -> enter twice (running SE version)
Loading 0 files
No animations detected...
I believe everything is installed as it should be, so I don't know why it would be doing this.

1 hour ago, ReddenBoi said:

sidenote, FNIS does not list this mod, when updating not sure if it should or not

no, it's not a fnis mod so it won't see it.

and i have no clue how to fix your mod manager.

9 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

no, it's not a fnis mod so it won't see it.

and i have no clue how to fix your mod manager.

It seems to be related to CBG directly, as it's not even able to see the example animations when I tried installing them. Not sure what's gone wrong but I'll keep checking.

On 7/18/2023 at 9:00 PM, ReddenBoi said:

I'm having an issue with CBG and I'm not sure what my issue is. When I run it, it says it can't find any animations.
I have installed CBG as it asks (installed using Vortex, then added as a tool and ran from there with Run in Shell and Run detached selected)
I installed this mod through dropping the 7z into Vortex, the same as other similar mods (not sure if this is the issue or what else I could do)
Run FNIS -> uninstall creatures -> update FNIS (sidenote, FNIS does not list this mod, when updating not sure if it should or not)
Run CBG through vortex -> enter twice (running SE version)
Loading 0 files
No animations detected...
I believe everything is installed as it should be, so I don't know why it would be doing this.

I have the same issue. Were you able to find a solution?

Wow, this is just amazing! Thank you very much for your hard work.

I hope there'll be some more dragon vore anims someday- though we've already got awesome stuff.

I see you taking ludicrous amounts of time to help out and fix issues on here, so take care and thank you again.

Btw: made it work correctly in MO2 without issues. You need to add CBG as an exe and have it start in its own folder for it to work.

I noticed that when the player is consumed, combat still occurs.

I made a quick edit to some of the scripts and turns out you can get the dragon to not be hostile to you if you temporarily add the player to the dragon faction before stopping combat alarms.

And when the player either dies or the dragon dies and the player is rescued, you could then remove the faction from the player to avoid any issues.

Edit:

Also, if it is possible, I'm wondering if VR could be supported viathe same way the VR patch for SexLab manipulates VRIK to allow the player to be animated. Just imagine.

Edited by Chosen Clue
1 hour ago, Chosen Clue said:

I made a quick edit to some of the scripts and turns out you can get the dragon to not be hostile to you if you temporarily add the player to the dragon faction before stopping combat alarms.

And when the player either dies or the dragon dies and the player is rescued, you could then remove the faction from the player to avoid any issues.

i tried that before in another mod but the town guards started attacking me.

Also, if it is possible, I'm wondering if VR could be supported viathe same way the VR patch for SexLab manipulates VRIK to allow the player to be animated. Just imagine.

i know nothing about vr, my knowledge there is limited to "don't use jcon v1.13" and my main menu replacers are rendered too small (would be nice if someone could somehow copy the startup cell so i can look at it in LE or GOGAE)

14 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

i tried that before in another mod but the town guards started attacking me.

i know nothing about vr, my knowledge there is limited to "don't use jcon v1.13" and my main menu replacers are rendered too small (would be nice if someone could somehow copy the startup cell so i can look at it in LE or GOGAE)

I just tried it in raven rock and it didn't seem like the guards attacked me, even after i killed the dragon after being vored. My guess is that calling StopCombatAlarm again after removing the faction would work if the issue crops up, but if you tried that before and it doesn't work then my solution might not be right.

For the vr main menu, I'm not exactly sure how one could export it into a plugin and then still have the menu rendered in SSE/AE. VR basically renders menus around the character. Maybe the main menu replacer has a different scaling in the SWF file compared to regular skyrim vr's main menu swf.

21 minutes ago, Chosen Clue said:

I just tried it in raven rock and it didn't seem like the guards attacked me, even after i killed the dragon after being vored. My guess is that calling StopCombatAlarm again after removing the faction would work if the issue crops up, but if you tried that before and it doesn't work then my solution might not be right.

well it could also be that i was not using it right....i can't even remember what i was trying to use it in.

21 minutes ago, Chosen Clue said:

Maybe the main menu replacer has a different scaling in the SWF file compared to regular skyrim vr's main menu swf.

i don't even know were it shows up in vr, i thought it was just replacing this mesh: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:SR-place-VR_Playroom_Pedestal.jpg

is it replacing the beth logo in this pic instead? https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:SR-place-VR_Playroom_Main_Menu.jpg

Edited by MadMansGun
43 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

well it could also be that i was not using it right....i can't even remember what i was trying to use it in.

i don't even know were it shows up in vr, i thought it was just replacing this mesh: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:SR-place-VR_Playroom_Pedestal.jpg

is it replacing the beth logo in this pic instead? https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:SR-place-VR_Playroom_Main_Menu.jpg

I don't quite understand the main menu question. I do have VR, so if you would like, I could try the menu mod you want in vr and figure out what's going on.

A thing I noticed in aaaDragonVoreEndingScript, you use RegisterForUpdate. You could switch that over to RegisterForSingleUpdate, and then in OnUpdate, RegisterForSingleUpdate again in the Else block within. That way if any NPCs die to dragons but for some reason "Gamebryo Gamrbryo's" and there's an infinite loop, the magic effect will die properly.

Another note, I have gotten this mod to work in VR by drag and drop and running CBG, the issue is that the player isn't sending the "VoreEnd" animation event for the script to play out on the player. Other npcs has the script work just fine so I'll see if it's something I can get VRIK to fix or if Skyrim VR's paired animations just don't work with the Player involved.

I'm not familiar with animation programing for skyrim. I know animations can have events in them that the game reads. I was wondering, are these events tied to specific actors in the animations? As in, you assign one of the actors in the animation to send the game an event? That'd probably explain why the VoreEnd event doesn't work, if it's tied to the NPC being eaten and not the dragon actor. If in Skyrim VR the player can't send those anim events, then I'd expect it to bug out like this.

Good work overall, love this mod.

I don't quite understand the main menu question. I do have VR, so if you would like, I could try the menu mod you want in vr and figure out what's going on.

i don't know how or where mnc/hcos logo.nif mesh is being used by VR, only that people keep saying it's "tiny"