Creatures Overhaul - Workshop - On indefinite hold

No.  The normal meshes can remain vanilla for summoned creatures.  You will need the customized skeleton for the animated penis mesh, which I will include.

I still have not given up on trying to figure out a way to have creatures switch from their vanilla state to the hard on state during sex.  WappyOne started working on this but hit a major snag on the goblins.  When I get the meshes all revised I am going to see if I can come up with a fix to get this working.  

Not all creatures would need to switch.  Some, like the bear, mountain lion, boar and so on could walk around with a hard-on all the time.  That wouldn't be too terrible.  However the Ogre would greatly benefit by having a vanilla state outside of sex and the below during sex:

The Ogre slong is animated.

post-6196-0-37142400-1379897539_thumb.jpg

EDIT 1: Ok, here is the revised shambles Bone-er:

post-6196-0-58040300-1379901179_thumb.jpg

Once I start animating I will make at least one animation in which the shambles will put his "Bone" to good use.

EDIT 2:  Armored Skellie with a larger "bone":

post-6196-0-86341100-1379907155_thumb.jpg

There is nothing wrong with the meshes included in that version of Sexual Organs, however many of the ones I am doing have an animated tackle, which will make existing animations look much better as well as make it easier to create new ones.

Edit 1:

Xivilai with an animated penis:

post-6196-0-41890700-1379953855_thumb.jpg

There is nothing wrong with the meshes included in that version of Sexual Organs, however many of the ones I am doing have an animated tackle, which will make existing animations look much better as well as make it easier to create new ones.

I know? That's just the goblin texture varenne was talking about earlier.. :s

Fully assembled Zombie sporting his animated penis:

post-6196-0-69571400-1379957818_thumb.jpgpost-6196-0-78567500-1379957819_thumb.jpg

I now have to back track to pick up the ones I skipped.

I think the troll penis that is in this shot is more appropriate than using a human one:

post-6196-0-35955300-1379957964_thumb.jpg

The problem is that it is not animated.  I would need someone to weight paint it and parent the penis bones to it.  I can post the troll mesh and a modified skeleton with penis bones if someone wants to take a crack at it.  The Troll and Ogre pretty much HAVE to have animated tackle as they sport such....large equipment.

-----------------------------------

In other news:

What do you guys think about dumping the vanilla spriggan and using human looking variant?

Here is what I had in mind:

post-6196-0-84009800-1379958291_thumb.jpg

She would be slightly transparent to reflect that she is a tree spirit being (or whatever you want to call it).  I want to set things up so you can have sex with her if you are male.  If I can get a scripter to help me perhaps we can put a toggle that if you are female it switches to a lesbian animation.... ;)

I also have redone the Spider Daedra but need someone to add bbb to it.  KingKong did this for one version, however the breasts that he made kinda grossed me out.  I was thinking of making the breasts just human type would look more appealing.

Slaughterfish.......I don't know that I will even bother with this one.  I think it has one animation and it isn't anything special.  Does anyone have the slightest bit of interest in these creatures?  Personally in my game I changed all of them to sharks that I got from E. Anequina.

I won't be doing anything with the mushroom and hiltode creatures other than making sure they work.

I will be looking at making the Tentacle chick have BBB and I would like to see if I can get the animation where you can fuck her working.  

I already mentioned before that I am going to try modifying the Flame Atronach to have a HGEC Hcup body and be super sexy.  I also plan on trying to set things up where she can actually have normal sex with males (well ok, not normal as your dick would be on fire.....but you know what I mean).

greg, as for dumping the vanilla spriggan, it's you doing all the work, therefore chose what you like best. I prefer the vanilla one though..
What i would consider is leaving the people a choice and adding both variants. If that's not too much of a hassle. More variation is always nice. :)

@fejeena: that's strange.. there seems to be no extra texture necessary, according to nifscope the mesh is only using the vanilla GobSkin05.dds

Yes that nif use the vanilla texture. But varenne was talking about a better texture. http://www.loverslab.com/topic/21315-creatures-overhaul-workshop/?do=findComment&comment=517455

And gregathit's meshes are nearly the same, only the glans penis needs a re-texturing and that will be no problem.

And the spriggan, I prefer the vanilla wooden Version. But the human Version with a wooden Body texture would be nice.

The vanilla Spriggan is good to go, as is right now, so it is not anymore work that way.  I'll probably add the human like variant as an add-on for those that want her.  That way all bases are covered.  That is a good idea so we don't have the "lore" folks screaming.  So thanks!

I didn't take the human spriggan from Galgat, it comes mostly from a mod on the Nexus where someone made a replacer for spriggans.

As to the vine clipping, that is easily fixed with blender and\or nifskope.  Don't worry about that part.  Plus I will of course make her bbb enabled.  Why have breasts that don't bounce......especially big ones.   :lol:

Well, I have finished the bulk of the mesh updates and have tested them.  I have a laundry list of things I need to fix.  My testing girl (named Kelly) is completely exhausted!!!  Here is a small sample of the creatures she rode into the ground:

post-6196-0-38983600-1379968720_thumb.jpg

Needless to say both Kelly and I are tired so that will be all for the updates today and probably tomorrow as I spend time working in blender to make corrections to what I have done thus far.

I also managed to get flames working for the eyes of the armored skellie, but for some strange reason his boots refuse to show up.  Have to fire up the CS to see what is going on....... :-/

Preview:

post-6196-0-35866000-1379968844_thumb.jpg

Mind uploading the zombie mesh & rig once you are done with them? I *think* I have an idea. A small one, but I want to try it.

And, I guess I could try to help with the spriggan code... You'll have to be pretty specific in what the code should do, though (since I'll probably be coding at around 4am and be most likely at least somewhat drunk).

Mind uploading the zombie mesh & rig once you are done with them? I *think* I have an idea. A small one, but I want to try it.

And, I guess I could try to help with the spriggan code... You'll have to be pretty specific in what the code should do, though (since I'll probably be coding at around 4am and be most likely at least somewhat drunk).

Sure, here is a fully assembled zombie (remember they come in pieces that the game slaps together) along with his modified AP skeleton imported into blender.  I also loaded in the female mesh as well so you just have to pull in the AP skeleton to start making an animation.

If you were going to modify an existing animation, I included the modified zombie skeleton as well:  See post 4.

---------

As for the Spriggan, it will be a month or two before I am ready to tinker with that most likely.  I need to get all the meshes working correctly and start loading the existing animations into blender.  Once I have all of that I can actually get to the meat and potatoes work of overhauling the animations to get them properly aligned, add bbb to the defensive side, remove as much clipping as possible and so on.

A month or two...? I really can't commit, but if I'll have free time I'll try to help you code whatever it is you want coded.

And, yes, it's 4:25am. Yes, I am drunk. Yes, I just got home.

Time to animate. :P

I wasn't after you to commit.  I was just warning you it will be awhile.  I have a lot on my plate to go through to get LC organized and get my ducks in a row on what all I am going to work on.  Once I have my plan fairly well drawn up and get all the preliminary stuff done (meshes, skeletons, adding animation slots to the Idles anims priority esp - for new creature animations, and so forth), then I can start animating which will be the bulk of the work.  However, it will take me almost a month (hopefully not longer) to get everything ironed out.

I also want to put together blend files, similar to what I made for you, so folks who want to create animations have a chance to contribute.  This way by the time I get the full package together someone, other than me, possibly will have made some new animations to add to the package.

That is true up to a point... That is to say, it's not perfect; try importing an actor animation to the zombie skeleton (for example) you'll notice some location data on all the bones.

That data has to go. It's not intentional, wouldn't be there if you imported the same animation to an actor skeleton, and would look horrible in-game.

Fortunately, blender allows you to get rid of all of it at once if you so desire. Go to pose mode, select all the bones except for the Bip01 and the Bip01NonAccum and go to pose -> clear transform -> Clear Location.

The troll skeleton will also work with actor animations, by the way. The main problem with it is that trolls are... Slightly fatter than actors and will have clipping issues with most animations. Also, trolls will have more location data than the others, so they will require more work.

Still, the fact you can import it saves you a lot of work.

Actually that is incorrect _Dusk.  The Zombie in particular uses a different skeleton than the PC.  As ThatOne stated, just pull the meshes and animations into blender and watch how fucked up they are.  

The ONLY way you can get away with what you are talking about is to pull those meshes into blender, delete the skeleton, import in the LAPF skeleton and parent it to the creature mesh.  Then export the mesh.   Unfortunately that means you then have to scrap all the animations that currently exist for the three creatures as they will be fucked up in game.  You "can" however use the 1-200 animations but you will need to rename them to conform to the creature animation numbering format (both KF and ini changes) and you'd only be able to choose a few as there are limited animation numbers set up for creatures in the LoversIdleanimsPriority.esp

That also means you loose all of the LoversMotionsNT animations as they would not be compatible anymore with a changed skeleton.

It is a mixed bag with no simple solution.  It is a bridge I will cross once I get all the planing and meshes finished.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you. It *is* possible, and if you remove the location data and tweak the animation you will find that there isn't much difference between an imported animation and a new one.

There are two main differences. Firstly, time-wise, it takes at least as long, if not longer, to use this method. The reason being that there's various small details that have to be fixed or removed. Secondly, concept-wise, it's much simpler. Reason being, you don't have to come up with an idea yourself.

It's something to consider if you have time but no inspiration.

More on the subject of skeleton changes outs:

The problem is you end up junking an entire set of animations that we can't touch:  LoversMotionsNT.  To me that isn't worth it.  While I "could" remake those animations from scratch, it would be a time consuming waste.

Additionally, if you radically start jacking with skeletons (adding some penis bones is all I have done) then you could render all the normal animations that the creature uses as invalid.  Then you are introducing a whole new level of crap to worry over.   :(

Just adding penis bones will still enable all previous animations (as well as vanilla) to work just fine.

As further proof, just pull in the zombie animation from LoversMotionsNT, the AP skeleton and a human mesh.  The arms will be twisted all to fuck and gone.  In this particular case it is a total loss.  You would spend less time trying to make the animation from scratch rather than trying to untwist the tangled up arms.  I don't have another 9 months to spend on this overhaul so I need to wisely use my time.  Or at least try damn hard to.

----------------

As to tweaking vs remaking.......that varies on a case by case basis.  All things being equal, I can tweak an animation about 5 times faster than I can remake it.......unless it is a VERY, VERY simple animation that only has very slight differences between its stages.  By "tweaking" I mean adjust a bit of clipping, and adding things like AP or bbb to it.  Again, it just depends on what needs to be done to the animation.  Mainly, I want to get things auto aligned similar to what I did with the PC\NPC animations so we don't have huge numbers in the ini for alignment.  There are some ini files for creatures that have a 70+ unit adjustment on their coordinate location!  That is just horrific!

I would agree completely on the time vs inspiration concept.  Unfortunately I seem to have the issue of lacking BOTH!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Guess I am just shit out of luck.   :P

As I said before, I am not at the stage to really get into this.  First up is getting the planning done.  I have set up my spreadsheets to map things out and am steadily filling them in.  Hand in hand with this is getting the meshes redone so that I can load them all into blender and be ready to start animating.  Once I have all of this done I can start to tinker with the actual animating and bounce things off of you guys.

Feel free to cuss and discuss, I'll damn sure listen to any idea that is proposed!  

However, I won't commit to anything until I have the preliminaries out of the way and actually start tinkering with the animations.  At that point I'll be prepared to discuss what won't work and what will.

I'm not sure what you mean by discarding those animations... You are not importing the actor skeleton. You are importing the actor animation in the keyframe file, much as you would import it normally to edit, except you do so with the creature skeleton.

The skeleton remains the same, and thus older animations will remain compatible... Or are we talking about two different things?

I'm not sure what you mean by discarding those animations... You are not importing the actor skeleton. You are importing the actor animation in the keyframe file, much as you would import it normally to edit, except you do so with the creature skeleton.

The skeleton remains the same, and thus older animations will remain compatible... Or are we talking about two different things?

Either we are indeed talking about different things or I don't understand what you are saying.

Since the NT animations were made with the vanilla creature skeleton you are pretty much stuck with that.  You can tweak it via adding penis bones, but that is it.

If you introduce a whole new skeleton, then those animations are scrap.  The reason they are scrap, is the mod author has refused to give anyone permission to tweak or redistribute them.  See what I am talking about now?  I'm not prepared to toss away 20+ unique animations...... :(

I am not at all worried about the normal animations in Lovers Creatures.  Many of them I will end up tossing aside anyway as they are either duplicates of what other creatures have or just look silly.

My intention is to have 2-6 very good and mostly unique animations per creature.  Most of them will be rape type but a few will be consensual.  It will depend on the creature.  No one in their right mind is going to have consensual sex with a Troll or an Ogre.......unless of course you ARE a Troll or Ogre.   :P

Alright, I think I understand.

What _Dusk was proposing is to import the actor animations as the keyframe file when importing the creature skeleton. Not the actor skeleton.

In the screen right after you tell it to import the skeleton, where you select to "Import skeleton only + parent to selected" there is a box that says "Keyframe file:"

In that, select an actor .kf file. Blender will load it onto the creature skeleton, but with some location data (to make it fit into what should've been the actor skeleton).

This will not make any changes to the creature skeleton. It's perfectly safe to use.

No one in their right mind is going to have consensual sex with a Troll or an Ogre.......unless of course you ARE a Troll or Ogre.   :P

Not entirely sure if personal insult, given that you know I'm making a consensual animation for trolls, and the fact you directly replied to me... Or if you just don't want to see the animation. :s

Alright, I think I understand.

What _Dusk was proposing is to import the actor animations as the keyframe file when importing the creature skeleton. Not the actor skeleton.

In the screen right after you tell it to import the skeleton, where you select to "Import skeleton only + parent to selected" there is a box that says "Keyframe file:"

In that, select an actor .kf file. Blender will load it onto the creature skeleton, but with some location data (to make it fit into what should've been the actor skeleton).

This will not make any changes to the creature skeleton. It's perfectly safe to use.

That is how I import kf files into blender.  I don't get what you are saying.  Most of the time when you try to load a creature made animation onto a human skeleton it just turns into a spaghetti string mess.  I tried it with the NT zombie animation and several others.  It doesn't work.  At least not for me anyways.

I haven't tried loading a human made animation onto a creature skeleton yet so I don't know what will happen.  Maybe it will work with some of them.  Maybe it will be close enough that some minor clipping stuff and a tweak here or there will be good enough.  I'll figure that part out once I have all the meshes made and ready to go.

What "I" interpreted _Dusk is saying is to switch to using the AP skeleton for the creatures in question, and all my responses are geared to why that is not going to work. None of the normal vanilla animations would work then (walking, running, fighting and so on). You are opening Pandora's Box....so to speak.

Plus, since I can't physically touch the NT animations themselves, my hands are kinda tied in what changes I can make, and what I can't. It sucks. I am trying to contact the NT animations creator to see if he will allow me to revise his animations but I am not very hopeful that I can get a hold of him. We were not successful last time we tried. If I "could" get permission, then I would fix the 90 degree bug that most of his animations have. Positioning in some of his animations is pretty crappy.

The point of what I thought he was saying and was responding to, is all based on trying to use the human skeleton instead of using the vanilla (or modified vanilla) one.  Bottom line, switching to the AP skeleton is too problematic for me to contemplate right now.  Unless someone can prove that it will be compatible with the existing Oblivion vanilla creature animations and that it would not break the NT animations.  If someone can conclusively prove these two things then I am all ears.  

I however, won't spend so much as one second messing with it.  I have way too much to do as it is without spending time investigating stuff that may end up being a wild tangent.  This project is daunting enough already and has me quaking in my proverbial boots right now.   :blush: 

No one in their right mind is going to have consensual sex with a Troll or an Ogre.......unless of course you ARE a Troll or Ogre.   :P

Not entirely sure if personal insult, given that you know I'm making a consensual animation for trolls, and the fact you directly replied to me... Or if you just don't want to see the animation. :s

I was not taking a jab at you making animations. That would be slapping myself in the face if I did, cause I am gearing up to do the same thing.

I was being sarcastic. Trolls and Ogres are both implied to be smelly creatures with massive wangs.   No "decent" NPC in Cyrodiil would do such a thing.   :lol:  :lol:

Besides,  if you remember, one of the quests in Bravil Underground is to "train" a Dunmar ( I think she was a Dunmar) chick to become an Ogre's bride.  A consensual sex animation would be perfect for that situation!   ;)

Again, I am more than willing to discuss changes, but I most certainly am not going to volunteer to do crap loads of extra work that really serves little or no purpose.  Most of the modders that originally blazed this trail (and whose shoes I am not at all fit to wear) prolifically warned about tinkering with creature skeletons.  The more I get into things, the more I understand why.  

Maybe I am missing something, I sure as shit do NOT know it all, so it could just be that I am ignorant of a particular aspect.  I dunno....